Author Topic: IRS apologizes for targeting Conservative Groups  (Read 13636 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: IRS apologizes for targeting Conservative Groups
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
many many different polls show that ~ 90% of the public supported more background checks

I guess if we're going to pretend that 90% of those who wanted more background checks also didn't give a shit then they must not give a shit about the current back of scandals since nowhere near 90% of the public think any of them are important
again simply b/c they have an opinion when asked doesnt mean they though it was important.

did you not see the poll showing that 4% thought it was an important issue?

I guess not, I bet you have an opinion on fat chicks in tight clothes...that doesnt mean you think its an important issue...what a fucking tard!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
again simply b/c they have an opinion when asked doesnt mean they though it was important.

did you not see the poll showing that 4% thought it was an important issue?

I guess not, I bet you have an opinion on fat chicks in tight clothes...that doesnt mean you think its an important issue...what a fucking tard!!!

why don't you post your link and we'll see how close your memory is to reality

while you are at it go ahead and post many many different polls showing this so that it's comparable to the number of polls showing high double digit support for back ground checks

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
why don't you post your link and we'll see how close your memory is to reality

while you are at it go ahead and post many many different polls showing this so that it's comparable to the number of polls showing high double digit support for back ground checks

google it tard, or better yet actually click on threads that go against your view...you can start with the one about the DOJ monitoring fox reporters that the entire liberal goof troop is avoiding...

LOL again simply b/c someone has an opinion on something doesnt mean they think its important...YOU DO UNDERSTAND THAT RIGHT?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »
google it tard, or better yet actually click on threads that go against your view...you can start with the one about the DOJ monitoring fox reporters that the entire liberal goof troop is avoiding...

LOL again simply b/c someone has an opinion on something doesnt mean they think its important...YOU DO UNDERSTAND THAT RIGHT?

no thanks

I already have way too much experience with you repeating back things that I've said and changing them so I don't need to waste my time

I will just assume you are wrong as usual

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
no thanks

I already have way too much experience with you repeating back things that I've said and changing them so I don't need to waste my time

I will just assume you are wrong as usual
hahaha how can I change your quotes?

LMFAO what a tard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
hahaha how can I change your quotes?

LMFAO what a tard

you repeat back what you think I said rather than linking my quote

you change the content

you've done this many times

this is one of the hallmarks of you being a fundy libtard

Another hallmark of course is that you claim no memory of it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »
go back and read my posts

I said exactly the same thing

the two people in the field office are to blame and I don't think it's even a scandal (once again - Obama capitulating and throwing someone under the bus just like he did with Shirely Sherrod, Van Jones, etc..)

Bush's Fault

Seriously

The head of the IRS at the time this happened was a Bush Appointee

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told Congress in March 2012 that the IRS was not targeting groups based on their political views.

"There's absolutely no targeting. This is the kind of back and forth that happens to people" who apply for tax-exempt status, Shulman told a House Ways and Means subcommittee.

Shulman was appointed by President George W. Bush. His 6-year term ended in November. President Barack Obama has yet to nominate a successor. The agency is now being run by acting Commissioner Steven Miller.
LOL what part of this did I misinterpret straw?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »
LOL what part of this did I misinterpret straw?

my last post was in response to the many times you've attempted to paraphrase something I've said and completely changed it or left out part of it

regarding this topic you've apparently chosen to ignore all of my other posts such as the one below

now, if you want to go off on your tangent again about gun legislation then post some links or I will continue to assume your memory is faulty (either that or your intelligence)

Obama has no involvement and this happened under Douglas Shulman's watch

so you either have to believe the story that it was a few low level employees and that the head of the agency is not responsible for the actions of his employees or you have to blame the head of the agency, who was appointed by Bush

those are the only two choices

If Repubs weren't always acting like a bunch of pussy victims all the time they would realize this was just the action of a couple of employees and the real story is that it's FUCKING AMAZING that the IRS admitted it much less apologized for it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »
my last post was in response to the many times you've attempted to paraphrase something I've said and completely changed it or left out part of it

regarding this topic you've apparently chosen to ignore all of my other posts such as the one below

now, if you want to go off on your tangent again about gun legislation then post some links or I will continue to assume your memory is faulty (either that or your intelligence)

lol you clearly stated that you didnt blame bush when you obviously did in a previous post....

As Ive stated there was more than one thread here on it, if you bothered to actually look you would find it...you could also google it but whatever...you would simply find some simple minded reason for dismissing it so continue to think that simply b/c someone has an opinion on something they believe its important lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
lol you clearly stated that you didnt blame bush when you obviously did in a previous post....

As Ive stated there was more than one thread here on it, if you bothered to actually look you would find it...you could also google it but whatever...you would simply find some simple minded reason for dismissing it so continue to think that simply b/c someone has an opinion on something they believe its important lol

Wrong again, as usual

Obama has no involvement and this happened under Douglas Shulman's watch

so you either have to believe the story that it was a few low level employees and that the head of the agency is not responsible for the actions of his employees or you have to blame the head of the agency, who was appointed by Bush

those are the only two choices

If Repubs weren't always acting like a bunch of pussy victims all the time they would realize this was just the action of a couple of employees and the real story is that it's FUCKING AMAZING that the IRS admitted it much less apologized for it

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »

Quote from: LurkerNoMore on March 28, 2013, 12:35:08 PM

Good luck with that.  He overcompensates by trying to string buzz words together in an attempt to sound witty and knowledgeable which in reality leaves any argument or stance of his with a bigger gap in it than there was before.

Particularly amusing is his habit of trying to reverse your statement back in the form of a rhetorical question in the hopes that you will make his argument for him.  Since he isn't exactly sure of what he is trying to say or how to convey it.       LOL  fits tonymctunes to the tee

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2013, 05:26:02 PM »
Quote from: LurkerNoMore on March 28, 2013, 12:35:08 PM

Good luck with that.  He overcompensates by trying to string buzz words together in an attempt to sound witty and knowledgeable which in reality leaves any argument or stance of his with a bigger gap in it than there was before.

Particularly amusing is his habit of trying to reverse your statement back in the form of a rhetorical question in the hopes that you will make his argument for him.  Since he isn't exactly sure of what he is trying to say or how to convey it.       LOL  fits tonymctunes to the tee

in additional to all of the above he also likes to make up new words like "fundy liberal" but when asked is not capable of defining his own creation and even denies creating it

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »
Wrong again, as usual

Those aren't even close to the only 2 choices.  There's a whole range of possibilities.

Regardless of who appointed who, Obama has been at the helm for over 4 years.  More than sufficient time for his appointed people and policies to have filtered throughout all organizations within the Executive.

And it doesn't have to be something nefarious.  He could've just stated as an overall policy to increase scrutiny on certain things which may lead to fraud.  And then the lower level employees enacted the policies to make that happen.  If word never reached Obama, it could have been filtered out at any possible level of supervision, but then that leads to questioning why supervisors and leaders never passed it up and it directly reflects on his management.

And a whole range of possibilities in between...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

Those aren't even close to the only 2 choices.  There's a whole range of possibilities.

Regardless of who appointed who, Obama has been at the helm for over 4 years.  More than sufficient time for his appointed people and policies to have filtered throughout all organizations within the Executive.

And it doesn't have to be something nefarious.  He could've just stated as an overall policy to increase scrutiny on certain things which may lead to fraud.  And then the lower level employees enacted the policies to make that happen.  If word never reached Obama, it could have been filtered out at any possible level of supervision, but then that leads to questioning why supervisors and leaders never passed it up and it directly reflects on his management.

And a whole range of possibilities in between...

it could also be (and likely is) exactly what the outgoing director said it was which was the decision of a couple of low level employees in one field office

I think even more important is that this so called scandal will open up the entire 501c4 section of the code to a lot more scrutiny which is completely valid

the code was written as follows:

The Statute IRC 501(c)(4) provides for exemption of:
Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated
exclusively for the promotion of social welfare.

Local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the
employees of a designated person or persons in a particular municipality
and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable,
educational, or recreational purposes.
The statutory terms disclose that IRC 501(c)(4) embraces two general
classifications:
a. Social welfare organizations, and
b. Local associations of employees.

Later the IRS added contradictory language saying "primarily" so now we have a definition of exclusively that also means primarily

This confusion (caused by the IRS) leads to all kinds of problems in figuring out if a group is really qualified for this status

This status has been abused for decades and especially so in recent years

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »

it could also be (and likely is) exactly what the outgoing director said it was which was the decision of a couple of low level employees in one field office

No, in my experience that would be highly unlikely.  They do not work in a vacuum.  They were pushing their sitreps up to somebody at a supervisory level.  Now, if that supervisor filtered them out, or somebody up higher (as all sitreps get filtered smaller and smaller), then the more likely question is at what point in the chain of command were they removed and why was it not deemed important enough to pass up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
Lois Lerner taking the 5th no biggie right Straw? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »

No, in my experience that would be highly unlikely.  They do not work in a vacuum.  They were pushing their sitreps up to somebody at a supervisory level.  Now, if that supervisor filtered them out, or somebody up higher (as all sitreps get filtered smaller and smaller), then the more likely question is at what point in the chain of command were they removed and why was it not deemed important enough to pass up.

I don't have any knowledge of how an IRS field office works so If you do I'll defer to your knowledge of that
I'm sure there is going to be an investigation (probably many redundant ones since the Repubs like that sort of thing) so I guess this will be more detailed at some point

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »
Lois Lerner taking the 5th no biggie right Straw? 

who knows

could be something or not

she is the one who first revealed this info to begin with

whatever happens I'm sure it will lead to nothing but frustration and tears for you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »
who knows

could be something or not

she is the one who first revealed this info to begin with

whatever happens I'm sure it will lead to nothing but frustration and tears for you

She revealed it because she knew it was coming to light 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »
She revealed it because she knew it was coming to light 

whatever you say champ

I have no idea and I'm guessing you have the same or even less but I know how you like to get yourself excited over shit like this and life has been tough for you so have at it and enjoy yourself with this while you can

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2013, 06:29:52 PM »
whatever you say champ

I have no idea and I'm guessing you have the same or even less but I know how you like to get yourself excited over shit like this and life has been tough for you so have at it and enjoy yourself with this while you can

LOL - seeing the entire Obama admn go down in flames day by day is something I relish in 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »

LOL - seeing the entire Obama admn go down in flames day by day is something I relish in 

the only thing going down in flames is your sanity

it's going to be fun to watch you cry again as all of these so called scandals fade away but then I guess Obama will complete his plan to collapse the nation right?