Author Topic: Weight Loss Plateau  (Read 2516 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Re: Weight Loss Plateau
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
Fuck it. Perhaps you will LISTEN.

3 DAY PER WEEK  M,W,F

Run stadium steps. It should be large enough stadium that when SPRINTING up once, two steps per, that you're VERY FUCKING TIRED.

Do this 8 to 10 times. NO REST, BUT YOU CAN WALK DOWN.

THIS   WILL   SMASH  PLATEAU.

Not a bad idea, i'll try to find a long set of stairs in my area.  Most high school stadiums in my area are probably private property though.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
how long you been following this diet?

and diet is a loose term btw its shitty. but lets get thru the first question first then we'll try to fix this.

also whats your present bodyweight and bodyfat, and how much weight have you lost in what time span.
b

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
you will continue lost weight in calorie deficit..
no such thing as weight loss plateau..
if progress stalled,eat less..
T

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »
Not a bad idea, i'll try to find a long set of stairs in my area.  Most high school stadiums in my area are probably private property though.

Private property ::)?

Dude, Ive NEVER had a problem. Done them in different states, multiple high schools, colleges etc.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »
you will continue lost weight in calorie deficit..
no such thing as weight loss plateau..
if progress stalled,eat less..

speaking from a law of thermodynamics standpoint this is correct.

but there is more at play here.
b

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »
how long you been following this diet?

and diet is a loose term btw its shitty. but lets get thru the first question first then we'll try to fix this.

also whats your present bodyweight and bodyfat, and how much weight have you lost in what time span.

I'm open to any suggestions, I know my diet is shitty.

Current body weight is 204 lbs.

Body fat if I had to guess is between 20% and 15%.

I work a labor intensive job, but I'm outta school for the summer so I can push the diet hard (no real thinking needed daily).

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
plateau for 4 days; current going on.  Weightloss has been very noticable in the face and stomach so not just constipated.

more sleep and rest, take a day off.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
That diet is awful, at such low cals you should try to maximize nutrients in each meal, just need to eat three or four times max daily

Eg chicken thighs or ribeye 6 oz and broccoli or mixed greens

Cottage cheese and almonds, spoon of fish oil and greens

Half a cup of oats with ground almonds and coconut butter, or an apple wit almond butter or coconut butter and 2 scoops whey

Also running sprints will fuck up your knees and leg strength, best to do moderate cardio and try to burn five hundred cals a day

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 08:25:14 PM »

humble pie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 05:25:32 AM »
Dude, that diet is going to crush your metabolism.  Is that even 100g protein?  Where could you possibly cut more calories? 

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »
youre obese from bbuilding pov.

heres very simple and honest advice, eat only when hungry.

always.

to get from say 17% to 10% will take months.

dont be such a pussy and call plateau just becasue one day the scale dont play along.

the scale dont matter, body does random water retention etc.

if you always eat only when hungry and kinda clean, the fat will come off lngterm.

this
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »
Dude, that diet is going to crush your metabolism.  Is that even 100g protein?  Where could you possibly cut more calories?  

this. this is what i was getting at with the more at play here comment glad someone gets it.

you can either work hard and suffer or work smart and let your body help you burn its own fat off. your choking out your own metabolism. truth be told yes, someone whos bf level that is 20% is going to need to do cardio, but someone who lives a balanced lifestyle, who doesnt 'diet' but follows a pattern of eating that is sustainable and rewarding, and who exercises regularly should never have to cut their cals that low, or do cardio, to achieve a bf level that is 'walking around' respectable.
b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 07:54:23 AM »
That diet is awful, at such low cals you should try to maximize nutrients in each meal, just need to eat three or four times max daily

Eg chicken thighs or ribeye 6 oz and broccoli or mixed greens

Cottage cheese and almonds, spoon of fish oil and greens

Half a cup of oats with ground almonds and coconut butter, or an apple wit almond butter or coconut butter and 2 scoops whey

Also running sprints will fuck up your knees and leg strength, best to do moderate cardio and try to burn five hundred cals a day

all this great advise in here just put it to work, and look at getting the body you want as a marathon not a sprit. it took you years to get to where you are, to think your going to look the way you want to look after 'dieting' for 12 weeks isnt going to do it, and you'll never ever maintain it.
b

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
I was considering this, but on second thought I dont know.

Diet:

Meal 1- 2-3 fried eggs

Meal 2- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts or low carb yogurt (Kroger Carb Watcher? 4g carbs)

Meal 3- 5 deli slices of turkey on one piece of white bread w/ yogurt or banana

Meal 4- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese

Meal 5- hand full of peanuts or a couple fried eggs

All diet pop or crystal light drinks

Not trying to build muscle, but cutting to near single digit bodyfat % and build from there.  My permabulker approach left me unfulfilled.
looks like a 'crash' diet.. Have one of these days where you will eat whatever and as much as you want (cheat day). Then get back on track the following day. The next week, same day, you will weight less..

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 08:09:05 AM »
hey noone, long time, nice to see you back.

so have you abandoned the daily meium size cheat meals therory for fatloss?

or have you always meant that to be only good for maintenance?

or do you think not everyones the same?

hey dude. i got in bad shape this winter. i couldnt train over the holidays and got mighty sloppy. since i started back at it i reworked it into something that works really really well so far. i'll lay it out here.

so, basically i'll eat whatever i want, as much as i want for a small window of time, say 2 hours. i'll do this at night ypically as thats when i tend to be hungriest. it's be nothing to consume 4k cals in this window easy. i'll then fast till the am when i train and i'll train fasted. i'll then remain fasted post training for i hope about 12 hours. in the interim i'll drink coffee with protein powder instead of cream and sugar. i might take in 300-500 cals in this time frame. it would typically now be 24 hours later. i'll remain fasted till the next am when i train again. this has now been 36 hours or so. i'll keep up with the coffee until i get hungry enough that i'll eat a meal, that meal will etiher be another 4k cal monster but usually i save that for the day after- i'll just listen to my body, and try to sneak by on about 500 (3 whole eggs and white potato, for no other reason that i like to eat it- there is no bbing reason for it.). typically the day after i wont train and take the day off and reload again that night.

i find its working beyond reason. i have zero cravings. i dont fight hunger. ive discovered most hunger i used to feel was 'triggered' by something, an event or a time, or a sight, etc and seldom actual hunger. once you can differenitate this you'd be surprised how little cals you can subside on for multiple days on end.

im using litterally 10/th of the gear i used to use and am almost as lean as i was last year at the same bf% (i am still using 4iu hyge 5x a week tho) but no tren. i feel great. im going to use this approach to see how lean i can get. id get to a certain degree and get satisfied. this time im locked into seeing how lean i can get while maintaining my size. so far so good.

oh and one last thing. bob chiks comments about 'its just the finishing touch' are more accurate than you'd actually expect. i think it gets taken waaaaay out of context. all that im missing from my big cycle days is the 'look'  certain compounds give, the tighness and plasticity of tren and the fullness- the weight and the bf level are primarily the same. this leads me to believe this is what he meant. once you have the size you need fractional amounts of anabolics to maintain it, but i think gh plays a huge role in that maintenance.
b