Author Topic: Heart rate?!  (Read 7202 times)

Kaban

• Getbig I
Heart rate?!
« on: May 11, 2013, 03:20:15 PM »
28, 6'0" 170lb, small gut but other than that in ok shape

my RHR is 100!! and according to charts 80+ is the worst?

I quit drinking soda and generally eat ok (possibly could eat more greens).

Exercise about 2-3 times a way, either running or jumprope...but i can only run about 1/4 mile before I run out of breath (heart rate goes up fast)

I do live pretty stressful life with work/school and do drink coffee

I'm surprised my RHR is so high, simple tips to raise RHR and how frequently should i do cardio/how many minutes at a time?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Heart rate?!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »

I quit drinking soda and generally eat ok (possibly could eat more greens).

Exercise about 2-3 times a way, either running or jumprope...but i can only run about 1/4 mile before I run out of breath (heart rate goes up fast)

I do live pretty stressful life with work/school and do drink coffee

I'm surprised my RHR is so high, simple tips to raise RHR and how frequently should i do cardio/how many minutes at a time?

Mine usually falls between 80-95 bpm.
If you're concerned, have a doctor check you out. I wouldn't get too worried, though. Some people just have naturally higher pulse rates despite being healthy.

Kaban

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:45:55 PM »

Mine usually falls between 80-95 bpm.
If you're concerned, have a doctor check you out. I wouldn't get too worried, though. Some people just have naturally higher pulse rates despite being healthy.

Yeah my heartrate has always been high, last time i was at doc's he said i was in good health...I kinda got concerned because of a recent article on sudden death due to high RHR

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »
Every one is different, my RHR is low, when I wake up it is in the 56
But my BP is out of wack with the high being to high and the low being to low (140 of 60)
I am still healthy.
As my doctor said the ranges that they give you are averages and some times you falling out of that range is just you being you.

Burr

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »
I am 71, lift and cycle 6 days a week. I am a diabetic also for 25 years!!!

I wake up @ 48bpm, when I do my Sugar BP test at 6am I run 110/62/55. Then I have half a pot of coffee.

I cycle @ 110/124, climb or head wind @ 132 and will not go over 139 for any reason.
My recovery time to 65bpm is ten minutes.

As a Diabetic it is "Do OR Die", easy to understand.

Pump On
Burr
I Lift & Cycle

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 04:00:07 AM »
As my doctor said the ranges that they give you are averages and some times you falling out of that range is just you being you.

YES!!

Things like blood pressure, resting heart rate, cholesterol, etc. are more "warning signs" than meaningful end points like stroke. My dad and paternal grandmother both had higher than average RHR's; Grandma live to about 85 and Dad is 67 and going strong.

One of our relatives has cholesterol so high that his doctor can't understand how he's still walking...and told him as much. Talk about bedside manners! ::)
Anyway, my relative is in his 70's. He takes cholesterol meds and is slowing down a bit with age, but otherwise very healthy.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
See a cardiologist pronto

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »

Hey, what's up, buddy!! Where have you been hiding?

I actually had a stress test done several years ago just for peace of mind. They said everything looked good.
I must also have a kick-ass ejection fraction, too. My ex-girlfriend always commented on how strong my heartbeat is, and in school, my carotid PSV's were high, despite straight, crystal clear vessels.

I'll probably die young! ;D

Burr

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

Kaban, did you see a doctor??? What did he say?
Burr
I Lift & Cycle

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »

Hey, what's up, buddy!! Where have you been hiding?

I actually had a stress test done several years ago just for peace of mind. They said everything looked good.
I must also have a kick-ass ejection fraction, too. My ex-girlfriend always commented on how strong my heartbeat is, and in school, my carotid PSV's were high, despite straight, crystal clear vessels.

I'll probably die young! ;D

Hola,
Maybe it is your GF who makes your heart beat that way? ;)
Systolic elevation means nothing when you are under 35, has to do with vessel elasticity.
Hope all is well ;)
Remember only the good die young lol

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »
Systolic elevation means nothing when you are under 35, has to do with vessel elasticity.

Oh, shit! That means in a few more months, "nothing" will mean "something" for me!! (lol)

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »

Oh, shit! That means in a few more months, "nothing" will mean "something" for me!! (lol)

Like Billy Preston said
"Nothin from nothin leaves nothin, ya gotta have somethin ......

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »
 In theory, the more fit your are, the lower the RHR will be. Though normal/average rate will depend on the individual person, some as low as 60 or as high as 99 per one minute.  72 is the mean average. In modern medicine normal can be different things to each of us, including blood pressure.

Endurance athletes might have a RHR into the lower 40's or may not. Depending on the individual again. 60 is a acceptable  reading for most athletes. I have a natural rating of 60, though not in any endurance sport, that is just my normal reading.

Unless it's a genetic thing that runs in your family, a 100 RHR seems a bit high.  A sudden oxygen debt when running a short 1/4 mile might be a good clue that something may need looking into. Worth the time for a checkup and  serious blood work...perhaps.  Good Luck.
F

Burr

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »
My RHR is 52-62. Doctors go crazy at first until they ask about my workout/cycling!

Love it
Burr
I Lift & Cycle

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »

I second that. You can't run a quarter mile and have a racing resting heart beat? Please consult a cardiologist.

Toxic Mushroom

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:48 PM »
A heart rate of 100 is the top of the norm, it is not abnormal.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »
I am 68 years old. I workout 6 days a week, but avoid cardio as often as possible because it bores me. I weigh 209 and am around 5'11" tall. My guess is my body fat percentage is around 15%. I eat fairly healthy but am not a fanatic about it either. I drink coffee, tea and alcohol on occasion.

Yesterday when I was at the doctor's office, my blood pressure was around 170/85. My RHR (pulse) was right at 90 beats per minute. All this seemed pretty high to me. However, something is wrong with my right knee and I have been in constant pain for nearly 6 months now. I think this has something to do with my numbers. Or I am going to explode soon!  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »
coffee + stress = bad. 

Try to eliminate one of them as best you can.