Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 22, 2017, 03:40:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 23011 times)
Howard
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »

Feel free to go to the "Trump=Winning" thread.

There is quite a bit going on...

I've yet to see him sign even ONE single pc of legislation , passed by congress.
Report to moderator   Logged
Yamcha
Getbig V

"Probably a Gimmick" - Fitness Frenzy

« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »

I've yet to see him sign even ONE single pc of legislation , passed by congress.

Like I've said to you before: We aren't in need of any new legislation; quite the opposite.

Repeal and deregulate. Repeat.  Wink

Let healthcare implode. Focus on tax cuts. That's the only piece of legislation that needs to be attempted.

a
doison
Getbig IV

Rum Ham

« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »

A government that doesn't continually pass new laws/legislation = winning in my book

Y
mazrim
Getbig IV

« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2017, 03:03:00 PM »

Like I've said to you before: We aren't in need of any new legislation; quite the opposite.

Let healthcare implode. Focus on tax cuts. That's the only piece of legislation that needs to be attempted.
Exactly!
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2017, 03:35:30 PM »

So we gauge a presidents success by how many new laws he can pass? How about gauging a president on how well he can enforce the current laws before making more unnecessary bullshit laws?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2017, 12:46:10 PM »

30 Chicago Alderman Sign Letter to Impeach Trump – While City Records 236th Homicide
GP ^ | June 1,2017 | Jim Hoft
Posted on 6/1/2017, 3:27:54 PM by Hojczyk

30 Chicago Alderman Sign Letter to Impeach Trump – While City Records 236th Homicide and Suffers Near Junk Bond Rating

Jim Hoft Jun 1st, 2017 1:38 pm 30 Comments

You just can’t make this stuff up. On Wednesday, 30 Chicago alderman signed a resolution to have Trump impeached.

This is both amusing and concerning.

These aldermen were elected in order to work on issues that are impacting the city.

They need to worry about about what is going on in our back yard instead of the Fake News media conspiracy theories..

Here are the most recent Chicago stats:

1. 236 homicides year to date 2. City employees retirement funds short $20 billion 3. Credit rating near junk bond status 4. Public School pensions skyrocketing – concern with keeping schools open 5. Worst financial shape than any other major city 6. Sanctuary City 7. Person is shot ever 2 hours and 38 minutes in Chicago

And they want to impeach Trump?

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »

OK, fair enough.

But he campaigned on doing all kinds of things right after he got into office.
Here's what he's failed to delivery despite promising:

1. Repeal/replace Obama-care   Nope, not yet. Claimed we'd have "something great" for health care.
2. Tax cuts - Nope, not yet
3. Obliterate ISIS - Nope, not yet
4. Have the treasury sec label China a "currency manipulator" and apply tariffs .  Nope and may have reversed himself
5. Get 25% profit deal for Keystone pipeline.  Nope, and required Canada to resubmit permits.
6. Executive order for cop killers to get death penalty . Signed some exec order on this but the death penalty was not in it
7. Claimed he'd never settle the Trump U law suit . Nope, paid a 25 mil settlement
8. Promised to cut ties from his company. Nope , he still retains ownership and gets financial reports .
9. Said several times he would fully fund and save Medicaid . Nope, latest house bill cuts it.
10 Claimed as POTUS he'd apologize when wrong. LOL Roll Eyes

Ok, no question that Trump talks a good game , but had no idea HOW he would do it.
THAT was my main problem with Trump , not his stated views or policies.
He had no experience with getting things done within government.

In fairness to the President, he may still make some things happen.
To do so, he needs to learn from his previous mistakes and take a new direction.

I honestly think he CAN do that.
The bigger question is, WILL he do it?
Time will tell...tick tock

This is absolutely absurd.  He has been president for five months.  He hasn't failed at anything yet.  You evaluate success and failure at the end of his term. 
Yamcha
Getbig V

« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »

OK, fair enough.

But he campaigned on doing all kinds of things right after he got into office.
Here's what he's failed to delivery despite promising:

1. Repeal/replace Obama-care   Nope, not yet. Claimed we'd have "something great" for health care.
2. Tax cuts - Nope, not yet
3. Obliterate ISIS - Nope, not yet
4. Have the treasury sec label China a "currency manipulator" and apply tariffs .  Nope and may have reversed himself
5. Get 25% profit deal for Keystone pipeline.  Nope, and required Canada to resubmit permits.
6. Executive order for cop killers to get death penalty . Signed some exec order on this but the death penalty was not in it
7. Claimed he'd never settle the Trump U law suit . Nope, paid a 25 mil settlement
8. Promised to cut ties from his company. Nope , he still retains ownership and gets financial reports .
9. Said several times he would fully fund and save Medicaid . Nope, latest house bill cuts it.
10 Claimed as POTUS he'd apologize when wrong. LOL Roll Eyes

Ok, no question that Trump talks a good game , but had no idea HOW he would do it.
THAT was my main problem with Trump , not his stated views or policies.
He had no experience with getting things done within government.

In fairness to the President, he may still make some things happen.
To do so, he needs to learn from his previous mistakes and take a new direction.

I honestly think he CAN do that.
The bigger question is, WILL he do it?
Time will tell...tick tock

You took quite a bit of time to type all that out.

240-esque

a
Howard
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »

This is absolutely absurd.  He has been president for five months.  He hasn't failed at anything yet.  You evaluate success and failure at the end of his term. 

There are 1000's of videos and articles of what he PROMISED for the first 100 days during the campaign.
I guess he finally understand running the US Government is tougher than her thought 'eh.
In my opinion, he was clueless about it actually takes to get things done as POTUS.

In fairness, you're  correct and he COULD get plenty of things done .
The bigger question is, will he change enough to actually do it?
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2017, 04:59:46 PM »

You took quite a bit of time to type all that out.

240-esque

Yep.
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »

There are 1000's of videos and articles of what he PROMISED for the first 100 days during the campaign.
I guess he finally understand running the US Government is tougher than her thought 'eh.
In my opinion, he was clueless about it actually takes to get things done as POTUS.

And embellishing just like 240.  It's like he never left.   Roll Eyes
HockeyFightFan
Getbig V

Dos Equis Fondles Boys

« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »

The Macedonians kept Hillary out of the White House.

I shit you not, that is what that dumb kunt claimed and idiots like this Howard clown still dream she was the better candidate
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2017, 03:03:34 PM »

Congress is not helping Trump with these issues. His budget which includes big tax breaks for the wealthy is all but dead in Congress.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »

Which might be sooner rather than later.
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2017, 06:22:12 PM »

Another 7 1/2 years..... Kiss

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
HockeyFightFan
Getbig V

Dos Equis Fondles Boys

« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2017, 07:43:54 PM »

Zero chance of impeachment, Trump will be an easy two-term President
mazrim
Getbig IV

« Reply #316 on: June 04, 2017, 04:17:30 AM »

Congress is not helping Trump with these issues. His budget which includes big tax breaks for the wealthy is all but dead in Congress.
Danger, danger!!.......Talking point, talking point!
HockeyFightFan
Getbig V

Dos Equis Fondles Boys

« Reply #317 on: June 04, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »

Danger, danger!!.......Talking point, talking point!

His entire thought process is whatever Rachel Maddow and Chris Mathews tell him it is.

His posts have about as much thought behind them as Howard or Straw Manboylover 
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/336741-dem-leaders-reject-impeachment-push
 Shocked

Skeletor
Getbig V

Silence you furry fool!

« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »

Straw Man
Getbig V

one dwells in nirvana

« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »

His entire thought process is whatever Rachel Maddow and Chris Mathews tell him it is.

His posts have about as much thought behind them as Howard or Straw Manboylover 

pretty obvious what you spend time thinking about

definitely keep projecting your feelings on other people

that's the best way to repress what you obviously desire

* Hockey Fight Fag.jpg (73.46 KB, 1122x645 - viewed 128 times.)
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #321 on: June 08, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »

House Dem drafting articles of impeachment for Trump
BY MIKE LILLIS - 06/06/17

A House Democrat will soon launch an official attempt to impeach President Trump.

Rep. Al Green, a Texas Democrat and member of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), is readying the articles of impeachment that mark the first official step in any congressional bid to remove a sitting president.

The articles have little chance of seeing the light of day in a House chamber controlled by Republicans, who have rallied behind Trump amid multiple investigations into ties between Russia and members of the president’s inner circle. But Green’s gambit highlights the growing apprehension many Democrats have toward the president, and it’s sure to energize a liberal base that’s sounded the impeachment alarm with increasing volume as the Russian investigation saga has evolved.

Green’s criticisms focus on Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, who was leading the administration’s probe into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. Trump had reportedly pressured Comey earlier in the year to drop the investigation into Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, who was fired after lying about the nature of his conversations with a Russian ambassador.

Comey’s firing brought accusations, primarily from Democrats, that Trump may have obstructed an ongoing Justice Department investigation — an impeachable offense, in the eyes of Green.

“The facts are simple and indisputable. The President fired the FBI Director because the Director was investigating the President’s campaign connections to Russian interference in the Presidential Election,” Green said Tuesday evening in a statement. “This is obstruction of justice.”

The episode will be front-and-center on Capitol Hill later this week. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who was critical of Comey and had a hand in his firing, is set to appear Wednesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee. Comey himself is set to appear before the same panel the following day.

It’s unclear when Green will officially introduce the articles he’s currently drafting. It’s also unclear if he’ll have any co-sponsors, though Green has not been alone in his calls for impeaching Trump. California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters, another CBC member, has also beaten that drum.

A spokesman said Green will provide more details Wednesday afternoon, when he’s scheduled a press briefing in the Capitol.

Green’s effort comes even as Democratic leaders are treading much more lightly in their approach to the Russia-Trump saga. With Trump’s approval rating underwater — and new details in the Russia probe emerging almost daily — party leaders sense an opportunity to make huge gains at the polls in 2018 and don’t want to overplay their hand. They’ve tamped down any talk of impeachment, calling instead for the creation of an independent, 9/11-style commission to investigate the Russia inquiry.

“What I've said to members [is] the only thing that matters are the facts — the facts and the law,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Tuesday on CNN’s “New Day” program, when asked about impeachment. “That's what [an] investigation will reveal to us.”

Green has rejected that argument, contending that Trump’s actions have already risen to a level demanding congressional intervention.

“This will remain obstruction of justice regardless of the findings of any investigation,” he said.

“Obstruction of justice by the President is the problem,” he added. “Impeachment by Congress is the solution.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/336677-house-dem-drafting-articles-of-impeachment-for-trump
Yamcha
Getbig V

« Reply #322 on: June 08, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »

House Dem drafting articles of impeachment for Trump
BY MIKE LILLIS - 06/06/17

A House Democrat will soon launch an official attempt to impeach President Trump.

Rep. Al Green, a Texas Democrat and member of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), is readying the articles of impeachment that mark the first official step in any congressional bid to remove a sitting president.

The articles have little chance of seeing the light of day in a House chamber controlled by Republicans, who have rallied behind Trump amid multiple investigations into ties between Russia and members of the president’s inner circle. But Green’s gambit highlights the growing apprehension many Democrats have toward the president, and it’s sure to energize a liberal base that’s sounded the impeachment alarm with increasing volume as the Russian investigation saga has evolved.

Green’s criticisms focus on Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, who was leading the administration’s probe into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election. Trump had reportedly pressured Comey earlier in the year to drop the investigation into Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, who was fired after lying about the nature of his conversations with a Russian ambassador.

Comey’s firing brought accusations, primarily from Democrats, that Trump may have obstructed an ongoing Justice Department investigation — an impeachable offense, in the eyes of Green.

“The facts are simple and indisputable. The President fired the FBI Director because the Director was investigating the President’s campaign connections to Russian interference in the Presidential Election,” Green said Tuesday evening in a statement. “This is obstruction of justice.”

The episode will be front-and-center on Capitol Hill later this week. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who was critical of Comey and had a hand in his firing, is set to appear Wednesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee. Comey himself is set to appear before the same panel the following day.

It’s unclear when Green will officially introduce the articles he’s currently drafting. It’s also unclear if he’ll have any co-sponsors, though Green has not been alone in his calls for impeaching Trump. California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters, another CBC member, has also beaten that drum.

A spokesman said Green will provide more details Wednesday afternoon, when he’s scheduled a press briefing in the Capitol.

Green’s effort comes even as Democratic leaders are treading much more lightly in their approach to the Russia-Trump saga. With Trump’s approval rating underwater — and new details in the Russia probe emerging almost daily — party leaders sense an opportunity to make huge gains at the polls in 2018 and don’t want to overplay their hand. They’ve tamped down any talk of impeachment, calling instead for the creation of an independent, 9/11-style commission to investigate the Russia inquiry.

“What I've said to members [is] the only thing that matters are the facts — the facts and the law,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Tuesday on CNN’s “New Day” program, when asked about impeachment. “That's what [an] investigation will reveal to us.”

Green has rejected that argument, contending that Trump’s actions have already risen to a level demanding congressional intervention.

“This will remain obstruction of justice regardless of the findings of any investigation,” he said.

“Obstruction of justice by the President is the problem,” he added. “Impeachment by Congress is the solution.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/336677-house-dem-drafting-articles-of-impeachment-for-trump

lol

a
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #323 on: June 08, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »

lol

These people are like cartoon characters. 
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #324 on: July 04, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »

What is the 25th Amendment?
Published July 04, 2017

A bill calling for a presidential oversight commission which could be used to evaluate President Donald Trump -- and possibly deem him unfit for office -- has gained the support of multiple Democrats.

In April, Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-Md., introduced a bill in April for the Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity Act.  As part of the bill, an 11-member commission would include doctors and determine if the president "is mentally or physically unable to discharge the powers and duties of the office."

The bill says that the commission would "carry out section 4 of the 25th Amendment." Fox News breaks down what the constitutional amendment entails.

Rep. Jamie Raskin ✔ @RepRaskin
.@POTUS' incapacity must be seriously addressed. Check out my bill, the Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity Act, HR 1987. #OCPCAct
9:06 AM - 12 May 2017
  2,516 2,516 Retweets   3,690 3,690 likes

What is the 25th Amendment?

The amendment is made up of four sections, and lays out how the president would be succeeded in office. 

KUCINICH RIPS DEMS FOR PROPOSAL TO EXAMINE TRUMP'S MENTAL FITNESS

Why do we have the 25th Amendment?

Constitutional rules about presidential succession had been unclear before the amendment was ratified in 1967, the U.S. Senate's website says. The amendment, it says, was debated following President John F. Kennedy's 1963 assassination and during the time President Lyndon B. Johnson spent without a vice president.  The amendment was ratified in 1967.

What does the first section of the amendment say?
It says that if the president is removed from office, resigns, or dies, the vice president becomes president.

What about the 25th Amendment's second section?

The president will nominate someone "who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress" if there isn't a vice president.

DEMS DRAFT BILL THAT COULD ACTIVATE 25TH AMENDMENT POWERS TO REMOVE TRUMP

What does the amendment's third section say?

30 Jun
 Rep. Jamie Raskin  ✔ @RepRaskin
Americans are talking about the #25thAmendment. Why do we have it and what did its Framers intend? https://www.yahoo.com/news/25th-amendment-used-remove-trump-215814401.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Rep. Jamie Raskin ✔ @RepRaskin
Section 4 of the #25thAmendment empowers Congress to create a body that can confront presidential incapacity. pic.twitter.com/RMBNa2BnsJ
5:18 AM - 30 Jun 2017
View image on Twitter
  816 816 Retweets   1,277 1,277 likes

The vice president will serve as acting president, if the president tells the President pro tempore and the Speaker of the House of Representatives that he cannot "discharge the powers and duties of his office." The vice president would continue in the role unless the president says that he can serve.

What about the fourth section?

The vice president would serve as acting president if he "and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide" tell the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House that the president is unable to do his job. The amendment says that Congress would convene if there was a dispute over the president's ability to serve.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/04/what-is-25th-amendment.html
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!