Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 275450 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2013, 04:30:10 AM »
And if you were ever in the Navy, you'd be shit out of luck.
But you weren't in the Navy.  You lied about it.  And now YOU complain about Obama.

Jump into the toilet where you belong.

Lol.   Already cleared that up moron.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2013, 07:33:20 AM »
Yeah...last thing we need is...'you just don't like black people' as they cart this asshat away. First off..he's half white folks....half white. Clinton was blacker then this guy and way cooler. Barry couldn't act black if he had lessons. He can't shoot a basketball..there's video of that, he drinks beer like a fag..which he might be.....and he plays golf...only Tiger plays golf and he's half asian. Yeah I know rascist post...blah blah blah....Christie is a fat whop fuck....feel better.

It looked like he threw pretty good passes for an older guy and tries to get others involved by assists mostly but you're right his jumper was kinda wack.

Now, Bill Bradley, that was a U.S. Senator who could play some damn basketball.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:21 AM »

Lol.   Already cleared that up moron.

"Cleared that up" by admitting you are a blatant liar.  Just like the white bread sickos who claim to be vets but aren't.

That disqualifies you from anything but squatting in the gutter, shitheel.

Probably means you are as gutless as you are dishonest.

And stupid, with a big, big mouth spouting nonsense.

And so your opinion, fake veteran, is worthless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
Lol.   The poster ignpred the 10 other posts i had explaiming my time as USMMA where i wa completely upfront.

"Cleared that up" by admitting you are a blatant liar.  Just like the white bread sickos who claim to be vets but aren't.

That disqualifies you from anything but squatting in the gutter, shitheel.

Probably means you are as gutless as you are dishonest.

And stupid, with a big, big mouth spouting nonsense.

And so your opinion, fake veteran, is worthless.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »
Lol.   The poster ignpred the 10 other posts i had explaiming my time as USMMA where i wa completely upfront.

I read those posts.  They were about as upfront as Clinton's line: "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is."

No getting around it: You are a bonafide liar with zero credibility. 

And that makes any of your opinions meaningless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »
I read those posts.  They were about as upfront as Clinton's line: "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is."

No getting around it: You are a bonafide liar with zero credibility. 

And that makes any of your opinions meaningless.

Lol gimmick.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
They sound awfully paranoid. 

DNC sends email defending Obama from impeachment possibility
12/28/2013

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) sent out a paranoid email Saturday evening urging supporters to vote for Democrats so that Republicans can’t impeach President Obama.

The email, subject line “Impeachment,” was sent to Obama for America supporters, imploring them to contribute to the DNC’s 2014 efforts. “What do these people all have in common?,” the email asked, featuring quotes from Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, Rep. Kerry Bentivolio of Michigan, and Rep. Blake Farenthold of Texas discussing the possibility of impeaching Obama for one of his numerous instances of presidential misconduct.

The DNC email discussed the “I-Word” and said that “Republicans are actually excited about the idea.”

“Show these Republicans that they are way, way off-base, and give President Obama a Congress that has his back,” according to the DNC email, noting that Democrats need to win 17 GOP House seats to reclaim a majority.

The DNC, which recently expanded its political tactics to include boycotting independent news outlets, previously supported the last president to be impeached: Bill Clinton.

Obama’s staff changed key talking points on the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack; his Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups during the 2012 election cycle; and Obama personally lied to the American people when he told them that they could keep their existing doctors and health insurance plans under Obamacare.

Obama’s expansion of executive branch authority is “setting the stage for something very dangerous in the future” according to Republican Rep. Justin Amash.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/28/dnc-sends-email-defending-obama-from-impeachment-possibility/#ixzz2pvo0qyHg

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
WashPost's Milbank Compares Talk of Impeaching Obama to 'Revenge Killing'
By Brad Wilmouth | January 8, 2014

On Tuesday's PoliticsNation on MSNBC, during a discussion of Republican congressional members who have spoken of the possibility of impeaching President Obama, Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank labeled such talk "tribal politics" and compared it to a "revenge killing" against the President because he won the election.

After host Al Sharpton played clips of several Republican members of Congress from a House Judiciary Committee hearing, Milbank dismissed the likelihood of impeachment and then added:

But I think what this represents is not a serious effort to remove the President. But it's a certain frustration, and they said as much in that hearing having lost these elections: What do you do to counter this President? I think that's in a way what politics has become now.

It's not just about defeating your opponent, it's about taking him out. And I think that's sort of this revenge killing almost that's become part of our tribal politics right now. And I think that's what we're feeling.

Below is a transcript of the relevant portion of the Tuesday, January 7, PoliticsNation on MSNBC:

AL SHARPTON: Maybe not even though. Maybe because he beat them twice. But the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing last month, Dana, about how the President has failed his constitutional duties. They offered up a laundry list of issues they had. Listen to this.

REP. BLAKE FARENTHOLD (R-TX): Then you can insert whatever you want, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the IRS targeting of advocacy groups, NSA overreach. If you like your health care, you can keep it.

REP. LOUIE GOHMERT (R-TX): The President ordered Anwar al Awlaki killed by a drone strike.

REP. BOB GOODLATTE (R-VA): The President effectively enacted the Dream Act himself.

REP. TRENT FRANKS (R-AZ): The deep-water drilling ban, Mr. Holder's attempt to reform criminal justice by selectively enforcing our laws. Mr. Obama's unilaterally ignoring immigration laws in many cases.

SHARPTON: I mean, Dana, you wrote about this hearing. It's like a complete grab bag, wasn't it?

MILBANK: Right. And I think the Republican leadership recognized they look a little crazy, to be having an impeachment hearing. Because Joe is right. If both chambers were controlled by Republicans, they may well attempt to do it. But there is another thing out there called the public, and the public would say that's a bunch of nonsense there is nothing approaching high crimes or even misdemeanors here.

But I think what this represents is not a serious effort to remove the President. But it's a certain frustration, and they said as much in that hearing having lost these elections: What do you do to counter this President? I think that's in a way what politics has become now. It's not just about defeating your opponent, it's about taking him out.

SHARPTON: Yes.

MILBANK: And I think that's sort of this revenge killing almost that's become part of our tribal politics right now. And I think that's what we're feeling.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2014/01/08/washposts-milbank-compares-talk-impeaching-obama-revenge-killing#ixzz2pvseeAl9

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2014, 03:46:11 PM »
impeach obama to dayy! over IRS scandal!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »
Missouri House panel concludes hearing on impeaching Gov. Jay Nixon
April 30, 2014
The Associated Press

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — A Republican-led Missouri House panel has wrapped up a hearing on measures seeking to impeach Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon without voting on the proposals.

One of two resolutions considered Wednesday criticizes the governor for the amount of time he took to call elections to fill legislative vacancies. The other would impeach Nixon for refusing to fire officials involved with the Revenue Department’s decision last year to scan driver’s license applicants’ personal documents into a computer system.

Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Stanley Cox says he isn’t sure if the panel will vote on the measures before lawmakers adjourn May 16.

The committee considered an additional impeachment resolution last week citing Nixon’s decision to let legally married same-sex couples file joint tax returns in Missouri.

Nixon called the hearings “some sort of show.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/30/4993191/missouri-house-panel-concludes.html#storylink=cpy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2014, 11:49:42 AM »
Obama should be imprisoned not just impeached

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »
Graham warns of Republican impeachment push over Gitmo
By Alexander Bolton - 06/04/14

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) warned Wednesday that Republican lawmakers would call for President Obama’s impeachment if he released more prisoners from Guantanamo Bay without congressional approval.

Republicans worry Obama may try to shut down the prison camp unilaterally after congressional opposition has repeatedly stymied efforts to pass legislation to close it.

“It’s going to be impossible for them to flow prisoners out of Gitmo now without a huge backlash,” Graham said. “There will be people on our side calling for his impeachment if he did that.”

Graham served as a House prosecutor during former President Clinton’s 1998 impeachment trial.

Congress tried to build in a safeguard against Obama making unilateral decisions on releasing terrorist detainees by including language in the National Defense Authorization Act requiring the administration to alert Congress of such moves at least 30 days in advance.

Obama did not follow that law when he swapped five senior Taliban commanders for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

Sen. Carl Levin (Mich.), the Democratic chairman of the Armed Services panel, said Obama had a plausible legal argument for ignoring the law.

“The White House did not comply with the requirement of the 30-day provision. However, the White House said it had power under Article II of the Constitution to do what it did,” Levin said. “I’m not a court that’s going to decide whether or not under Article II the commander in chief has the power to move this quickly even though Congress said you’ve got to give 30 days notice.”

Levin said Congress was notified that Obama might not follow the NDAA’s requirement in a signing statement attached to the law.

“The executive branch must have the flexibility, among other things, to act swiftly in conducting negotiations with foreign countries regarding the circumstances of detainee transfers,” Obama asserted in his Dec. 26 statement.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday applauded Obama’s decision to release five Taliban leaders because it would hasten the closure of the Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

“My own personal opinion, Guantanamo has been there far too long, and I think that we should get them out of there as quickly as we can,” he said.

Reid noted that Democrats have tried to pass legislation to close the prison camp and transfer the detainees to the United States to face criminal trials but have been “held up from doing so by Republicans.”

“So I'm glad to get of these five people, send them back to Qatar, and I think the arrangements made there are, as far as I understand, what's been explained to me, adequate,” he said the Taliban militants released over the weekend.

The former detainees must spend at least a year in Qatar, which helped mediate the exchange, under the terms of the deal.

Graham, a member of the Armed Services Committee who face a contested primary next week, said he has added language to the pending defense authorization bill that would require an up-or-down vote in Congress to approve the closure of Guantanamo.

The bill also includes a provision barring the administration from transferring detainees to Yemen, he noted.

White House and Pentagon officials held a classified briefing for senators on Wednesday night, but it did not satisfy skeptics.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/208264-gop-senator-obama-faces-impeachment-push-if-more-prisoners-leave-gitmo#ixzz33maLWDxW

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »
they have the votes, but I doubt they have the balls :(

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
Great..pass the Articles of Impeachment...good luck getting the Democrat controlled Senate to convict him or even start the trial in the first place

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/lou-barletta-impeach_n_5503121.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013

YES!!!!  House GOP has enough votes to impeach ghettobama

Fucking Moron

Yes, get excited.  It's going to be just like LANDSLIDE

You should take the time to actually read the articles you post (yes, I know that suggestion is pointless because the purpose of any of your posts is just to silence that OCD monkey on your back if only for a few minutes)

Barletta's spokesman told the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader that the congressman was not calling for Obama's impeachment, and that his "full answer" was "Could that pass the House? Probably. Would the Senate ever convict? Certainly not. There’s not the will nationally to remove the president, so would it be wise to pursue that? Or would it be harmful to the country? Surely the latter.’ He is not advocating or proposing it.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »
Great..pass the Articles of Impeachment...good luck getting the Democrat controlled Senate to convict him or even start the trial in the first place

Senate Dems turned on Clinton, a popular president in a good economy, for fibbing about hanky panky. 

Obama is a shitty unpopular president, in a shitty economy, with a laundry list of actual crimes that caused loss of life.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »
No they did not!!!   The House passed the articles and the Senate had a show trial where he was acquitted...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2014, 09:52:39 PM »
Impeachment is not enough. (If you know what I mean)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2014, 10:24:52 PM »
Senate Dems turned on Clinton, a popular president in a good economy, for fibbing about hanky panky. 

Obama is a shitty unpopular president, in a shitty economy, with a laundry list of actual crimes that caused loss of life.

Agreed. They will turn on him after November. They have him as Prez and Yellen as Fed Chair for a reason...historic scapegoats for some nasty stuff coming.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
S.D. Republican Party calls for Obama impeachment
David Montgomery, dmontgome@argusleader.com
June 21, 2014

The South Dakota Republican Party state convention passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama Saturday.

The resolution says Obama has "violated his oath of office in numerous ways." It specifically cites the release of five Taliban combatants in a trade for captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl, Obama's statement that people could keep insurance companies, and recent EPA regulations on power plants.

"Therefore, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States," the resolution reads.

Allen Unruh of Sioux Falls sponsored the resolution.

"I've got a thick book on impeachable offenses of the president," Unruh said, calling on South Dakota to "send a symbolic message that liberty shall be the law of the land."

Delegate David Wheeler of Beadle County disagreed.

"I believe we should not use the power of impeachment for political purposes," Wheeler said. "By doing this, we would look petty, like we can't achieve our political goals through the political process."

Larry Eliason of Potter County agreed, noting that he opposed the impeachment resolution even though "the only thing (Obama's) done the last six years that I approve of is when he adopted a pet."

But Larry Klipp of Butte County, a retired Marine, said matters go beyond mere political disagreements with Obama.

"If anyone in this room cannot see the horrendous, traitorous scandals run by the Obama administration, I will pray for you," Klipp said.

Delegates voted 191-176 in favor of the resolution. The Pennington County delegation voted 47-9 in favor of the impeachment resolution, and Minnehaha County voted 28-15 in favor.

Rep. Kristi Noem, South Dakota's lone delegate in the House of Representatives — which has the power to initiate impeachment proceedings — was cool to the resolution.

Noem, who addressed the Republican convention Saturday morning, hours before the resolutions was voted on, doesn't believe impeachment is the "best way" to deal with Obama.

"The congresswoman currently believes the best way for Congress to hold the president accountable is to continue aggressive committee oversight and investigations into the administration's actions like the ongoing VA scandal, the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS, Benghazi, and the recent Taliban prisoner exchange," said Brittany Comins, Noem's spokesperson.

If the House voted to impeach Obama, the Senate would then rule on the validity of the charges. It takes a two-thirds majority in the Senate to remove a president from office.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/davidmontgomery/2014/06/21/sdgop-obama-impeachment/11212075/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »
i can't understand why they wait so long to impeach.  I mean, he was doing impeachable shit back in 2009 with fast and furious, right?  Yet they give him 6 to 7 years to destroy economy and implement obamacare - THEN they want to "talk" about some lawsuits and possible impeachment... I mean, it's like waiting til a murderer is 89 years old to put him on trial for a crime he did 50 years earlier!   

does anyone here really think the repubs in congress will ever impeach?  i doubt they will.  They'll swear they did everything they could to stop him, but unless they tried to impeach, then that isn't the case.   Just go for it already, see what happens - senate dems turned on Clinton in a minute... they'll do the same to obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »
Palin calls for Obama's impeachment
David Jackson, USA TODAY
July 8, 2014

Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin said the spike in illegal border crossings is another reason to impeach President Obama.

"Enough is enough of the years of abuse from this president," Palin wrote on the Brietbart website. "His unsecured border crisis is the last straw that makes the battered wife say, 'no mas.'"

The former Alaska governor, picked by Republican presidential nominee John McCain to be his running mate in 2008, also protested the federal debt, health care, executive orders and "unsustainably generous welfare-state programs" in a litany of complaints against Obama.

"President Obama's rewarding of lawlessness, including his own, is the foundational problem here. It's not going to get better, and in fact irreparable harm can be done in this lame-duck term as he continues to make up his own laws as he goes along," Palin writes.

She adds: "It's time to impeach; and on behalf of American workers and legal immigrants of all backgrounds, we should vehemently oppose any politician on the left or right who would hesitate in voting for articles of impeachment."

While the Republican-run House, in theory, has the numbers to vote for impeachment, it is impossible to imagine that the Democratic-run Senate would take up such a matter.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/07/08/obama-sarah-palin-impeachment-john-mccain/12360017/

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »
Palin calls for Obama's impeachment
David Jackson, USA TODAY
July 8, 2014

Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin said the spike in illegal border crossings is another reason to impeach President Obama.

"Enough is enough of the years of abuse from this president," Palin wrote on the Brietbart website. "His unsecured border crisis is the last straw that makes the battered wife say, 'no mas.'"

The former Alaska governor, picked by Republican presidential nominee John McCain to be his running mate in 2008, also protested the federal debt, health care, executive orders and "unsustainably generous welfare-state programs" in a litany of complaints against Obama.

"President Obama's rewarding of lawlessness, including his own, is the foundational problem here. It's not going to get better, and in fact irreparable harm can be done in this lame-duck term as he continues to make up his own laws as he goes along," Palin writes.

She adds: "It's time to impeach; and on behalf of American workers and legal immigrants of all backgrounds, we should vehemently oppose any politician on the left or right who would hesitate in voting for articles of impeachment."

While the Republican-run House, in theory, has the numbers to vote for impeachment, it is impossible to imagine that the Democratic-run Senate would take up such a matter.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/07/08/obama-sarah-palin-impeachment-john-mccain/12360017/

"His unsecured border crisis is the last straw that makes the battered wife say, 'no mas." 

Holy mixed metaphors, BB, you DO have a sense of humor.  Good post.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:43 PM »
"His unsecured border crisis is the last straw that makes the battered wife say, 'no mas." 

Holy mixed metaphors, BB, you DO have a sense of humor.  Good post.

I laugh all the time.  Just not at pretty much anything you post, because it isn't the least bit funny for the most part.