Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 272862 times)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2014, 08:05:06 AM »
You have to look at the immigration question in two parts....securing the border and dealing with the illegals.  From what I have seen, Palin has always been a hawk on securing the border.   She has been consistent in supporting a path to citizenship...although she opposed the DREAM act because it didn't provide enough of a framework to ensure an orderly path to citizenship.  The "allowing" Anchorage ot become a sanctuary city bit is kind of a nebulous point...it was an effort that began in the legislature and had very little effect on life in Alaska, so why bother fighting the will of the legislature when you have other bigger fights to deal with?

Most people who are hawks on border enforcement...myself included...recognize that there is no chance of ever convincing the nation as a whole that we should round up everyone who came here illegally and ship them home.  It isn't going to happen.  You can make the requirements to stay difficult enough and the economic price high enough that you create an incentive to self deport, but you are not ever ever ever ever going to get the mandate to go gestapo on them and round them up.  So...you should probably focus your energy on border enforcement and enforcement of stricter rules and a bumpier path to citizenship because the notion you have that they should all be trucked home is a pipe dream.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
Who cares about palin?  The issue is O-FAG allowing an invasion to occur to advance his domestic agenda

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »
You have to look at the immigration question in two parts....securing the border and dealing with the illegals.  From what I have seen, Palin has always been a hawk on securing the border.   She has been consistent in supporting a path to citizenship...although she opposed the DREAM act because it didn't provide enough of a framework to ensure an orderly path to citizenship.  The "allowing" Anchorage ot become a sanctuary city bit is kind of a nebulous point...it was an effort that began in the legislature and had very little effect on life in Alaska, so why bother fighting the will of the legislature when you have other bigger fights to deal with?

Most people who are hawks on border enforcement...myself included...recognize that there is no chance of ever convincing the nation as a whole that we should round up everyone who came here illegally and ship them home.  It isn't going to happen.  You can make the requirements to stay difficult enough and the economic price high enough that you create an incentive to self deport, but you are not ever ever ever ever going to get the mandate to go gestapo on them and round them up.  So...you should probably focus your energy on border enforcement and enforcement of stricter rules and a bumpier path to citizenship because the notion you have that they should all be trucked home is a pipe dream.

Though I think you're giving Palin too much credit for her thought process on how she came to her position re: illegal aliens in Alaska , I think I agree with her position:  For isn't Alaska the kind of place that should be happy to get anyone, illegal or otherwise, wanting to live there?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »
This was sent to me by a friend.  Good speech.  Even disgraced leaders can offer words of wisdom.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
LOL @ you demos and repub sheeple... when will you wake up and realize both parties are the same and meant to control you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »
Fox News Poll: Voters say Obama exceeded authority, but oppose impeachment
By Dana Blanton
Published July 23, 2014
FoxNews.com

July 21, 2014: President Barack Obama speaks about the My Brothers Keeper Initiative, at the Walker Jones Education Campus in Washington. (AP)
Despite believing Barack Obama has overstepped his authority as president, most voters reject calls to impeach him for that -- or for any other reason.

By a 58-37 percent margin, the latest Fox News poll finds that voters think President Obama exceeded his authority under the Constitution when he unilaterally changed the health care law by executive order.

Click here for the poll results.

And, more generally, a similar majority disapproves of Obama bypassing Congress, acting unilaterally and refusing to enforce laws he disagrees with: 37 percent approve, while 58 percent disapprove.

Obama’s use of executive power plays well with the party faithful, as a 64-percent majority of Democrats approves of his actions, while a majority of every other demographic group disapproves (including fully 91 percent of Republicans).

Some prominent Republicans, including 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, have called for the president’s impeachment. Yet more than six voters in 10 oppose impeaching Obama for changing some laws and failing to enforce others or “for any other reason” (61 percent). Some 36 percent favor impeachment.

Nearly four in 10 Democrats think Obama is guilty of executive overreach on changing the Obamacare law (39 percent), and one in five Democrats favors impeaching their party’s leader (20 percent).

Among Republicans, 83 percent consider Obama’s actions on the health care law a violation of the Constitution. Yet far fewer Republicans -- although still a 56-percent majority -- favor impeachment.

Fifty-five percent of independents believe Obama violated the Constitution, and 37 percent favor impeachment (61 percent are opposed).

The highest level of support for impeaching Obama -- 68 percent -- is among those who are part of the Tea Party movement.

Overall, 81 percent of those favoring impeachment believe President Obama went beyond his authority when he changed the health care law unilaterally.

Charges that Obama has violated the Constitution have helped raise the political temperature in Washington this summer. In early July, House Speaker John Boehner took steps to file a lawsuit against Obama for his “failure to follow the Constitution” on the health care law by altering the individual mandate via executive order. On Tuesday two federal appeals courts took opposing views on whether Obama illegally ignored the language of the Obamacare law to give federal subsidies to people who are not entitled to them. Despite one court ruling that says he did, the White House announced subsidies will continue.

Forty-one percent of voters approve of how Obama is handling health care, while 54 percent disapprove. That’s a bit of an improvement from last month’s 41-56 percent rating. It also makes health care his best issue, topping the job performance ratings he receives on the economy (40-57 percent), foreign policy (36-56 percent) and immigration (34-58 percent).

Pollpourri

Obama has the most powerful job in the world -- and all the perks that go with that. Yet he’s been criticized by some for seeming disengaged and frustrated with his job. What does the public think? The poll finds a large 41-percent minority thinks Obama doesn’t even want to be president anymore. Still, just over half of voters think he does (52 percent).

Forty-seven percent of independents, 44 percent of Republicans and 37 percent of Democrats think Obama is tired of being president.

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,057 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from July 20-22, 2014. The full poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/fox-news-poll-voters-say-obama-exceeded-authority-but-oppose-impeachment/?intcmp=trending

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2014, 01:34:46 AM »
Obama has the most powerful job in the world -- and all the perks that go with that. Yet he’s been criticized by some for seeming disengaged and frustrated with his job. What does the public think? The poll finds a large 41-percent minority thinks Obama doesn’t even want to be president anymore.

WWSPD? 

(What Would Sarah Palin Do?)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »
ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
By Ernest Istook
Friday, July 25, 2014

President Obama insists on flirting with impeachment even as House Republican leaders insist there’s no such possibility.

Obama uses a passive-aggressive strategy that can be judged as a political maneuver, a personality disorder, or both.

Secure in the knowledge that impeachment is not the same as removal from office, Mr. Obama brings up the topic on his own and with bold defiance. Martyrdom goes well with a Messiah complex and Mr. Obama’s speeches are a non-stop litany of depicting himself as a victim of Republicans.

Already operating beyond the constitutional bounds of presidential power, Mr. Obama’s strategy is to push the bounds further rather than pulling back. He dares political foes to make his day.

Impeachment would be his crowning badge of victimhood, the ultimate symbol to rally his base, asking that they protect him by guaranteeing a Democrat majority in the U.S. Senate. A simple Republican majority would lack the necessary two-thirds required to remove an impeached president from office, but that nicety of arithmetic would get lost in the political rhetoric.

Barack Obama Bill Clinton illustration
Enlarge Photo

Barack Obama Bill Clinton illustration more >
As the president told his always-handpicked audience in Austin, Texas, “You hear some of them: ‘Sue him! Impeach him!’ ” He paused to mime incredulity. “Really? For what, doing my job?”

His every speech aims to mock Republicans while he projects serenity in the face of adversity, such a calm that he need not engage personally with any crisis, not even the human flood he created on our southern border. He pretends to watch neither polls nor television even as he claims he learns about scandals only from TV. He golfs. His upcoming 16 days in Martha’s Vineyard will bring his vacation days to 141 during his time in office. That rate is almost a full month’s vacation each year.

His behavior matches the American Psychiatric Association’s definition of passive-aggressive behavior, “a habitual pattern of passive resistance to expected work requirements, opposition, stubbornness, and negativistic attitudes in response to requirements for normal performance levels expected of others.” Often, such persons see themselves as blameless victims, projecting fault onto others. Commonly, they follow erratic paths and cause constant conflicts.

But if not a personality disorder, such behavior can also be deliberately used to assert power, as described in one Psychology Today article, “By denying feelings of anger, withdrawing from direct communication, casting themselves in the role of victim, and sabotaging others’ success, passive aggressive persons create feelings in others of being on an emotional roller coaster. Through intentional inefficiency, procrastination, allowing problems to escalate, … makes the passive aggressive person feel powerful. He/she becomes the puppeteer—the master of someone else’s universe and the controller of their behavior.”

Compare this with Mr. Obama’s words this week to an audience of political donors:

“[A]ll we hear about is gridlock, and all we hear about is posturing, and all we hear about are phony scandals. … because the Republican Party has been taken over by people who just don’t believe in government; people who think that the existing arrangements where just a few folks who are doing well, and companies that pollute should be able to pollute, and companies that want to cheat you on your credit card should be able to do that, and that anything goes — that’s their philosophy  … they obfuscate, and they bamboozle, and they sometimes don’t tell exactly what’s true. And people grow cynical, and people grow discouraged.”

By setting himself up as a victim, Mr. Obama attempts to rally his base to rescue him by voting for Democrats. White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer told reporters the White House takes the prospect of impeachment seriously, linking it to the House lawsuit against Mr. Obama. But White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, when asked, was unable to identify any major GOP leaders other than Sarah Palin who publicly support impeachment. Republican leaders recognize the downside all too well, but are resisting pressure from their own base.

CNN’s pollsters find that 57 percent of Republicans support impeachment, compared with 33 percent of Americans overall. The border crisis undoubtedly will cause those strong GOP numbers to increase further.

Mr. Obama’s actions and inactions definitely merit impeachment, but that does not make it prudent to pursue impeachment. The backlash would embolden Mr. Obama all the more and produce other negative consequences but certainly he would not be removed from office. There is no scenario for a two-thirds removal vote in the Senate.

The tarnish of the process certainly is weighed by Mr. Obama against the gains of keeping the Senate in Harry Reid’s hands. And is impeachment truly a disgrace in progressive circles? Certainly Bill Clinton has sought to convert his impeachment into a badge of honor. The rising generation knows only the glowing press coverage given to Mr. Clinton now and not the story of his scandals. Mr. Obama would claim the charges against him were based solely on his efforts to help people, not personal failings as with Mr. Clinton.

. . .

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/25/istook-obama-wants-be-impeached/#ixzz38nMq6l1x

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Impeachment is the only way for failbama to take the spot light off of his failed presidency

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
Impeachment is the only way for failbama to take the spot light off of his failed presidency

LOL!

"Arrest for bank robbery is the only way people will forget about that bank robbery I committed"

Impeachment is 100% the biggest way to put the spotlight ON his failures.  I'm not sure what you're saying here man lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:34 PM »
LOL!

"Arrest for bank robbery is the only way people will forget about that bank robbery I committed"

Impeachment is 100% the biggest way to put the spotlight ON his failures.  I'm not sure what you're saying here man lol.

Impeachment will be turned into nothing more than the Rasis GOP lynching a brotha. 

Instead - its better to leave him dangling in failure right now until the mid terms

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2014, 03:43:25 PM »
Impeachment will be turned into nothing more than the Rasis GOP lynching a brotha. 

By a media that nobody watches, right?  I mean, nobody watches cnn or msnbc... but somehow they have the power to make every brave member of the repub party just put away the "I" word, right?

And "it's better to let him dangle in failure" - I hope you gag on those words when he issues the next 3, or 4, or 20 executive orders.   cause you'll put "obama dangling" ahead of "actually stopping him from issuing exec orders".

It's like saying you're okay with a gunman continuing his shooting spree at the mall because, well, you really want everyone to know what a dick he was.   yes, he'll go from super-dick to uber-dick with another few mags, but he'll also leave another 2 dozen bodies while doing so.  But hey, he's "dangling", let's allow him to continue his rampage.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »
 Im getting my oe, biscuits, gravy, pork grinds, fried chicken, grape juice abd popcorn ready. 

Watcjing the hearings on tv gonna be a hootin old time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2014, 01:02:42 PM »
Impeachment Chatter: Why a top Republican ducked but the Democrats keep invoking the I-word
By Howard Kurtz
Published July 29, 2014
FoxNews.com

Chris Wallace kept asking the question, and the No. 3 Republican in the House kept evading it.

It was a classic example of a politician who doesn’t want to answer a question and keeps dancing around it.

There weren’t 50 shades of gray in this “Fox News Sunday” question: “Will you consider impeaching the president?”

Rep. Steve Scalise tried to turn the tables: “You know, this might be the first White House in history that's trying to start the narrative of impeaching their own president. Ultimately, what we want to do is see the president follow his own laws.”

Wallace tried again: “But impeachment is off the table?”

Scalise deflected again: “Well, the White House wants to talk about impeachment, and, ironically, they're going out and trying to fundraise off that, too.”

And again: “I'm asking you, sir.”

Scalise stuck to his talking point: “Look, the White House will do anything they can to change the topic away from the president's failed agenda…”

In other words, a senior member of the House leadership repeatedly refused to rule out launching impeachment proceedings against President Obama—but didn’t want a headline saying he was considering it or dismissing it.

This is risky political business. I’d agree with most political analysts that this is a dangerous path for the Republicans that makes them look more extreme and consumed by anti-Obama fervor.

Of course, this riles up the part of the Republican base that is most fervently opposed to the president, which is exactly why the Louisiana congressman, who has strong Tea Party backing, refused to rule it out.

At the same time, Scalise was right that the White House is loving this impeachment talk. First Obama mockingly said that the Republicans want to sue him (a sort of Impeachment Lite) or impeach him for doing his job. (And the media love the story line as well.)

Then White House counselor Dan Pfeiffer told reporters that impeaching his boss was “a very serious thing”: “I would not discount that possibility. I think that Speaker Boehner, by going down this path of this lawsuit, has opened the door to Republicans possibly considering impeachment at some point in the future."

Sure, the Democrats would like nothing more than to run against the GOP as the Party of Impeachment, the party that wielded that weapon against the last Democratic president. This puts the focus on the Republicans rather than on having to defend ObamaCare, the Obama economy and the Obama foreign policy.

Much of the GOP establishment, of course, wants no part of this. The I-talk surfaced in a big way when Sarah Palin (who has just launched her own subscriber-based Internet channel) urged the impeachment of the president, without offering a bill of particulars. John Boehner couldn’t have dismissed the idea any more quickly.

In fact, after Pfeiffer’s comments, a Boehner spokesman shot back that “it is telling, and sad, that a senior White House official is focused on political games, rather than helping these kids and securing the border.”

Now the narrative has been complicated because Scalise is part of Boehner’s leadership team, elected in the shakeup that followed Eric Cantor’s primary defeat. But we’ve learned in recent years that Boehner doesn’t always control his fractured caucus.

The bottom line: Republicans aren’t going to jeopardize their edge heading into the midterms by throwing down an impeachment wild card. But the media are happy to keep covering it when either side raises the prospect.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/29/impeachment-chatter-why-top-republican-ducked-but-democrats-keep-invoking-word/?intcmp=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
Democrats Have Million-dollar Day on Impeachment
Tuesday, 29 Jul 2014

Chatter about impeaching President Barack Obama helped House Democrats' campaign committee raise $1 million online in one day.

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee chief Rep. Steve Israel said Tuesday the specter of impeachment helped his political arm raise $1 million from donors on Monday, a day when the committee's fundraising featured the issue. The New York congressman says House Republicans' lawsuit against Obama and rumors the president might face impeachment are galvanizing Democratic donors. House Speaker John Boehner  says his party has no plans to open impeachment proceedings.

The Democrats' House campaign committee has been a fundraising powerhouse this election cycle, out-raising its GOP rival in 16 of the last 18 months. Although House Democrats face an uphill climb to take the majority, their fundraising operation has raised almost $125 million since January 2013.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/democrats-impeachment/2014/07/29/id/585536#ixzz38tEXqHdd

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2014, 02:18:49 PM »
Newt: Obama Might Grant Amnesty To Provoke Impeachment Calls
07/29/2014

WASHINGTON — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Tuesday that if President Obama moves forward with a rumored executive order to legalize five million illegal immigrants, he will be trying to provoke Republicans to impeach him because that would help Democrats in the midterm elections.

“There is a rumor that the president, around Labor Day, may use executive action to legalize five million people who are here outside the law,” Gingrich said during a speech Tuesday, sponsored by the Young America’s Foundation. “And I think if they do it, it will be trying to provoke the Republicans to institute impeachment.”

Asked if Republicans should impeach Obama, Gingrich replied: “No.”

“It won’t succeed in impeaching Obama,” Gingrich said. “It’s the Democrats who want to talk about it because they raise money off of it.”

Gingrich, speaking at the 36th Annual National Conservative Student Conference at George Washington University, explained that Democrats are able to increase fundraising numbers by making their base think impeachment is a real possibility. But Speaker of the House John Boehner ruled out the possibility of that happening on Tuesday.

Obama is considering legalizing five million illegal immigrants who are parents of American-born children, according to reports. “The country would go crazy if the president were to do something so stupid,” Gingrich said.

The plan could backfire politically on Democrats, he said. The right move for Republicans if Obama issues such an executive action, Gingrich said, would be to move a bill in the House saying it’s illegal. As that bill would move to the Senate, it would put Senate Democrats in an awkward position, he theorized.

“And the Democrats running for re-election even in seats that look like they’re not in trouble would be in trouble overnight,” he said.

Democrats have been frantically pushing the idea that Obama could be impeached over the last week.

Senior Obama aide Dan Pfeiffer has warned reporters not to “discount” the possibility of impeachment. In recent days, Democrats have been begging donors to give money to their campaign committees, citing the chance of impeachment.

“These people are pretty desperate,” Gingrich said. “Nothing is working. And so they are looking for some fight that allows them to re-polarize the country in terms that help them in the election.

Continuing, Gingrich said: “I think we ought to laugh at them and say ‘if the best you can do after six years of the presidency is to yell impeachment and hope that you can raise money, it is a pretty pathetic presidency.’ And by the way, it is a pretty pathetic presidency.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/29/newt-obama-might-grant-amnesty-to-provoke-impeachment-calls/#ixzz38zNJb3At

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2014, 02:21:49 PM »
Krauthammer’s Take: Amnesty via Executive Order an Impeachable Offense, but Impeachment Would Still Be Political Suicide
By NRO Staff
July 29, 2014

Talk of impeachment is a “concoction of Democrats,” but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a grander strategy by the White House and its congressional allies, Charles Krauthammer warned.

On Tuesday’s Special Report, he speculated that the Obama administration may be trying to exhaust the idea of impeachment and “softening people up for” when the president uses executive action to grant legal status and work authorization to millions of immigrants in the country illegally. Such an action would be “clearly lawless and it would be biggest domestic overreach of a president in memory” and “an impeachable offense,” he said.

But if Obama did go ahead with his amnesty-by-fiat plan, Krauthammer still thinks impeachment wouldn’t work. “I would be 100 percent against impeachment because it’s political suicide,” he said.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/384089/krauthammers-take-amnesty-executive-order-impeachable-offense-impeachment-would-still

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »
Newt: Obama Might Grant Amnesty To Provoke Impeachment Calls

This is Newt telling the Repubs it's okay to stand by idly and do nothing while amnesty arrives.

Of course, the Rush listeners will now fall right in line and agree with amnesty because, well, the radio told them to.

Krauthammer agrees.  They're all falling in line.   Amnesty is okay, Impeachment is a word we don't use.

Now, you repub sheep, go ahead and repeat it lol. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
A Rush aint hoping for amnesty. If they can fuck around til after Nov then Obama has a problem. This is a legitimate presidential overreach.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »
GOP is a confused mess right now.

If Rush, Kraut, and Newt have to go on TV on the same day and proclaim, "Please don't impeach obama after we've been talking about his crimes for 6 years", there's a huge problem lol.

If you can't narrow down the GOP position on amnesty to one sentence, there's a huge problem.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »
Yeah Krauts position is that he/they don't want to jeopardize controlling Congress. To which I say fuck it...that's your job. If you have Barry cold on facts and the law...go after his ass and make the dems accountable to the voters.
L

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2014, 03:20:47 PM »
240...I don't think you understand how impeachment works...if you did you'd STFU about it.....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
240...I don't think you understand how impeachment works...if you did you'd STFU about it.....

Truth.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »

I don't think the brain dead right wingers know how impeachment works.  Or else THEY would STFU about it.

But as stupid as they are, they probably think Biden would be an improvement.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
Yeah Krauts position is that he/they don't want to jeopardize controlling Congress. To which I say fuck it...that's your job. If you have Barry cold on facts and the law...go after his ass and make the dems accountable to the voters.

100% correct. 

But Rush yells repubs what to support and they obey.  They've been demanding accountability for 5 years and finally have a chance.  They blinked.