Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 276179 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:26 PM »
I find this very funny and very sad at the same time.  The people we put in DC.  Sheesh. 

Democratic Rep Who Co-Sponsored Bush Impeachment Bill: We Didn’t Try To Impeach Bush
By Mike Miller 

Texas Democrat Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, who often has an arm’s length relationship with the truth, told a “whopper” Wednesday, as she excoriated House Republicans for voting to sue Barack Obama for executive overreach.

As reported by Buzzfeed’s Katherine Miller, Lee not only claimed that the effort was little more than a precursor to impeaching Obama, but that she and her Democrat colleagues never considered impeaching George W. Bush:

” I ask my colleagues to oppose this resolution for it is in fact a veiled attempt at impeachment and it undermines the law that allows a president to do his job.

A historical fact: President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists.

We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had his authority. President Obama has the authority.”
Whoops. Not only did House Democrats indeed introduce a resolution to impeach President Bush in 2008 – Sheila Jackson Lee co-sponsored it.
Hey, maybe she just “forgot,” right?

UPDATE:
According to Yahoo!, Rep. Sheila Jackson’s office says she ‘misspoke’:
“She misspoke,” Jackson Lee’s spokesman Mike McQuerry told Yahoo News on Thursday morning. He declined to elaborate on what she meant to say.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/163157-dem-rep-co-sponsored-bush-impeachment-bill-didnt-try-impeach-bush/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
A historical fact: President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists.

I disagree with what you posted here.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
I think impeachment should be done more often.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
I don't think the brain dead right wingers know how impeachment works.  Or else THEY would STFU about it.

But as stupid as they are, they probably think Biden would be an improvement.   ::)

I'm fairly certain you have actual...honest to goodness...shit for brains

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
I think impeachment should be done more often.

honestly, if you impeach one president, the next one will be walking on eggshells.

Even if it doesn't reach that point, or if the votes aren't there... it'll sure keep the next prez on their toes. 

As it is, obama knows... he can let terror attacks happen, he can hand over guns, he can spy on anyone he wants... and nobody will do anything about it.

And the "off the table" thing - pelosi did it, and now boehnner is doing it - tells the 2016 president "do whatever you want".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
Rachel Maddow Calls Out Conservative Right For Plotting Obama Impeachment
The Huffington Post    | By Ryan Grenoble
Posted: 11/04/2014

Rachel Maddow thinks conservative America might be counting impeachment chickens before they hatch.

During her show Monday, the MSNBC host took a look at two-term U.S. Presidents who served their last two years in office dealing with unified opposition in congress, as Obama could if Republicans take the Senate and hold onto the House in Tuesday's mid-term elections. If the historical trends hold, and the GOP does take over the legislative branch, says Maddow, we should expect another round of conservative activists calling for impeachment.

How does Maddow know this? Because the election isn't over yet, and the calls -- however off-base and out of touch -- have already begun.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/rachel-maddow-obama-impeachment_n_6101350.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2014, 11:58:59 AM »
Perkins is RIGHT!

Impeachment could happen now.  The base certainly wants it.  But the RINOs won't allow it.

It reflects perfectly on getbig too - the "repubs" that love the RINO candidates are against impeachment.  But the "conservatives" that love the Rand/Cruz kind of candidates - they want impeachment.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
If Obama would agree to resign and exile to Africa - I would agree to waive trial for impeachment

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2014, 09:07:56 PM »
Perkins is RIGHT!

Impeachment could happen now.  The base certainly wants it.  But the RINOs won't allow it.

It reflects perfectly on getbig too - the "repubs" that love the RINO candidates are against impeachment.  But the "conservatives" that love the Rand/Cruz kind of candidates - they want impeachment.

Obama has not broken any laws which is what impeachment is for.  Even with a GOP Senate Majority, there's still not enough votes to impeach him....not even enough to remove Obamacare.  However, an attempt at it will really drive more people away.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »
At this point would anyone really care?   No one likes Obama - even the democrats are starting to loathe this fool for the damage he is doing and has done. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
At this point would anyone really care?   No one likes Obama - even the democrats are starting to loathe this fool for the damage he is doing and has done. 

the only people who would care are die-hard libs that are voting dem in 2016 anyway.

I'm more shocked than ever that some moderate Repubs/chickenhawk dems are still against the idea of impeachement.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
obama should be impeached for standing by and putting on a tux for a fundraiser while they fought at benghazi for 7+ hours... with help only 1 hour away, begging for permission...

he didn't want the world to know what was going on there, he didn't want a big massacre of bad guys just 2 months before the election.

Any republican who doesn't call for impeachment, based upon this - well, you truly endorse obama and you deserve every single executive order he writes.  Period.  I'll give 3333Soulcrusher & coach credit, as they call for impeachment.  I dont know of any other "repubs" here that support it.  They roll eyes at such a thought. 

This is nov 2013 - a YEAR AGO.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2014, 10:11:35 AM »
 ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Krauthammer: Obama immigration action 'impeachable'
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Fri November 14, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer called President Barack Obama's planned executive action on immigration "impeachable."
"I believe it is an impeachable offense," Krauthammer said Wednesday night on Fox News, when asked about Obama's reported proposals to use executive orders to make changes to the immigration system.

Krauthammer added that Obama's plans to shield certain undocumented immigrants from deportation via executive order would be a "flagrant assault on the Constitution."

Krauthammer's remarks could revive talk of impeachment in conservative circles, months after former Gov. Sarah Palin sparked a firestorm this summer when she called for Obama's impeachment after he first announced his plans to use his executive order power to act on immigration reform.
"It's time to impeach," Palin wrote in a Breitbart op-ed in July. "The many impeachable offenses of Barack Obama can no longer be ignored. If after all this he's not impeachable, then no one is."

Democrats jumped on those comments this summer to force GOP leaders to address the possibility of impeachment and, ultimately, reject that possibility. The House of Representatives instead voted this summer to approve plans for a lawsuit against Obama for overreaching on changes to the Affordable Care Act.

Even Krauthammer conceded this summer that impeachment would be "political suicide" for Republicans.

For many tea party conservatives, Obama's executive action plans on immigration reform were the last straw in a long line of grievances of what they claim to be executive overreach since Obama has been in office.

Others who have called for Obama's impeachment or said it should be strongly considered include conservative firebrand Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and tea party favorite Rep. Steve King of Iowa among others.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/14/politics/charles-krauthammer-obama-immigration-action-impeachable/index.html?hpt=po_c2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
Krauthammer: Obama immigration action 'impeachable'
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

LOL!  I know what you're doing.  You're doing that passive-aggressive thing.  Your leaders, the people who form your opinion, the GOP pundits like Krauthammer, are starting to get on board. 

So will you.  I like it!  :)  You don't have to say anything, but I think deep down, you're getting on board.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »
LOL!  I know what you're doing.  You're doing that passive-aggressive thing.  Your leaders, the people who form your opinion, the GOP pundits like Krauthammer, are starting to get on board. 

So will you.  I like it!  :)  You don't have to say anything, but I think deep down, you're getting on board.

Shut up troll.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »
Shut up troll.   ::)

Oh, you're getting on board,I can feel it!  Love it.  Welcome aboard.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »
Oh, you're getting on board,I can feel it!  Love it.  Welcome aboard.

My whole family - all Republicans - are voting Obama.  i'm driving them to the station later - buying everyone dinner - making it a real family event.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2014, 11:13:49 AM »
Obama needs to be tried for treason at thispoint. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2014, 11:42:56 AM »
Obama needs to be tried for treason at thispoint. 

But you know very well - He can only be tried for any crime AFTER impeachment.  That's why RINOs and LIBs are standing in his way. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Other than a few far left types like Option Fat, Straw, Andreisadouche,  etc - would anyone really give a damn at this point?   

Failure in Chief has pissed off so many people and done so much damage I can only imagine it would be a snooze fest if they got rid of him and his Kenyan ways

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
Other than a few far left types like Option Fat, Straw, Andreisadouche,  etc - would anyone really give a damn at this point?   

There are actually some RINOs that would prefer obama stay in office.  They don't care about the destruction he'll deliver to USA in the next 728 days.   Shaking my head.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »
Skip to comments.
Obama is angling to get impeached
Flopping Aces ^  | 11-14-14 | DrJohn

Posted on ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2014‎ ‎2‎:‎50‎:‎20‎ ‎PM by Starman417

br-er barack

What to do with a President who toils against the will of the American people?

Approval ratings of Barack Obama's handling of immigration reached a low not long ago, reaching a 65% disapproval. Americans overwhelmingly oppose Obama's current threats of unilateral action on immigration and overwhelmingly prefer that Obama work with Congress.

The GOP is now poised to control both the House and the Senate come January, so why not wait a few months to try to work with the new Congress?

I think it's because he has no interest in cooperation. I think he wants to be impeached and there are two primary reasons. One, he doesn't give a rip what anyone other than Valerie Jarrett thinks and two, any impeachment effort will be immediately characterized as a lynching- a lynching of the first black President.

For his entire career Obama has been described as a "loner" and "aloof." despite his numerous policy failures he really does think he is the smartest man in the world. The only person to whom he listens is Valerie Jarrett, the Iranian slumlord.

The problem is, the truth is always the opposite of what he says. About the only honest thing Obama has ever said was his desire to fundamentally transform this country. As far as I am concerned he cemented it later by trying to walk it back. It is no different with immigration. He once said that he couldn't bypass Congress:

“And so what we need to do going forward is to address some of the broader problems in our immigration system. And that means changing minds and changing votes, one at a time. I know there are some folks who wish I could just bypass Congress. I can’t. But what I can do is sign a law. What you can do is champion a law. What we can do together is make comprehensive immigration reform the law of the land.”

Let's put that through Official Barack Obama Bull***t Decoder Ring and see what we get:

Defiant Obama: I will use my power

President Barack Obama on Friday defended his plans to use executive power to bypass Congress...

Americans don't want Obama to act alone. They don't want a rogue President.

Following the mid term election pounding, Obama said "I hear you." The useful idiots at WaPo put it this way:

(Excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...