Author Topic: MMA, UFC, Man fighting question.  (Read 12476 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
MMA, UFC, Man fighting question.
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »
How come they never do any cool martial arts stuff in any of these fights?  ???  Are martial arts more for show hence the term "arts"?   ???  They never do anything that some drunkard at a bar could do, why is this the case?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: MMA, UFC, Man fighting question.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »
  A few guys actually pull off some movie stuff. Anderson Silva, Anthony Pettis, etc

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:42:24 PM »
  A few guys actually pull off some movie stuff. Anderson Silva, Anthony Pettis, etc
Is the Steven Seagal stuff all bullshit?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »
  Most of these are what you would call bull shit. Chuck did some good stuff in movies, but he would not fight like that in real life. All of the Jackie Chan and Jet Li stuff does not work high percentage in real life.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:47:35 PM »
  Most of these are what you would call bull shit. Chuck did some good stuff in movies, but he would not fight like that in real life. All of the Jackie Chan and Jet Li stuff does not work high percentage in real life.
I always thought the Bruce Lee stuff would work, but is that just me being wishful in that regard?  I mean his style is basically adapt to whatever is facing you and find a way to counter it.

In a real life street fight or when someone gets attacked, I never understood why people don`t fight more with what is in line with how we survived.  Biting, Scratching, Ripping ears off, clawing eyes out, using your hands as talons.  People always just just fists, such a poor defense.  I guarantee you rip someones ear off and bite their face as hard as you can, you will win every fight if you were ever attacked.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
i forgot who it was but i saw one guy land a spinning roundhouse to some dude's face once in a mma fight. knocked him the fuck out cold.

and another time there was one guy that did a walljump off the fence and landed a kick on the other guy.

sorry, i don't really follow the sport that well to know all the names and fights. but yeah i'm guessing for the most part all of that stuff is for show. when i used to do karate and we'd spar, there was a set of rules to follow like any other sport or game, it wasn't like an all out brawl.

I always thought the Bruce Lee stuff would work, but is that just me being wishful in that regard?  I mean his style is basically adapt to whatever is facing you and find a way to counter it.

In a real life street fight or when someone gets attacked, I never understood why people don`t fight more with what is in line with how we survived.  Biting, Scratching, Ripping ears off, clawing eyes out, using your hands as talons.  People always just just fists, such a poor defense.  I guarantee you rip someones ear off and bite their face as hard as you can, you will win every fight if you were ever attacked.

cuz they might have AIDS. you don't want none of that shit.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »

Lots of shit done in MMA doesn't work in "real life" situations either. Movies, sports, real life, all different situations.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
  That is possible, but I tell you... if some one bites me, I eventually win and I do so much more damage

you do that to a real fighter, you are only going to make them more angry   and what they are going to do to you once they get the upper hand, you will wish for the rest of your life that you did not do that

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
ever heard of Anderson Silva or Cung Le ?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 02:53:13 PM »
Lots of shit done in MMA doesn't work in "real life" situations either. Movies, sports, real life, all different situations.

A lot of Gi work doesn't translate well.
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
  Each situation will dictate

but let me tell you     a prime Rickson was dangerous in ANY way   alley, street, gym, gi, no gi, etc

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »
  Each situation will dictate

but let me tell you     a prime Rickson was dangerous in ANY way   alley, street, gym, gi, no gi, etc

Fuck that, I would hate to meet him in an alley now!
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
  Exactly my point   :)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
i swear i remember an interview with bruce lee where he explained that what he does in the movies is for show and it's not what he'd do in an actual fight.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »
every once in a while you will see some fancy spinning kicks or whatever.

obviously harder to land a kick like that than punching and doing regular kicks hence why you rarely see it

also you see bjj all the time with armbars, heelhooks, different chokes etc.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »

lmao, really  ???  ;D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »
I always thought the Bruce Lee stuff would work, but is that just me being wishful in that regard?  I mean his style is basically adapt to whatever is facing you and find a way to counter it.

In a real life street fight or when someone gets attacked, I never understood why people don`t fight more with what is in line with how we survived.  Biting, Scratching, Ripping ears off, clawing eyes out, using your hands as talons.  People always just just fists, such a poor defense.  I guarantee you rip someones ear off and bite their face as hard as you can, you will win every fight if you were ever attacked.
you wouldn't know what hit you before you got the chance to scratch or bite though :D

anyways... biting and gauging eyes out is not allowed for obvious reasons.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »
 That is possible, but I tell you... if some one bites me, I eventually win and I do so much more damage

you do that to a real fighter, you are only going to make them more angry   and what they are going to do to you once they get the upper hand, you will wish for the rest of your life that you did not do that
I was saying biting as in regards to if someone attacks you, street fight, not a sanctioned fight.

If someone ripped your ears off, and bit your eye socket, I am not sure what you could do to win.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »
you wouldn't know what hit you before you got the chance to scratch or bite :D

biting and gauging eyes out is not allowed for obvious reasons.  ::)
I was saying this in regards to if someone attacks you.  Not a legal fight.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »
Ufc isn't real fighting anymore, you try stumping a takedown with double under hooks when someone's butting you in the face. When head butting was allowed under hooks practically didn't exist and that's just one rule.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »

ehhh... not exactly. in a real knuckle-down fight, adrenaline is running so high that unless you do something to actually incapacitate the other person they might not notice until later. i've dealt with guys with broken noses, hands, teeth out and all sorts of shit that kept on fighting. bite a dude on the face and you'll hurt him like crazy but it won't end it. if anything it'll kick HIS survival instincts into high gear.

note: i ain't a fighter by a longshot, i was just a bouncer for a number of years. this is shit i've dealt with in someone ELSE's fight, not my own.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
i swear i remember an interview with bruce lee where he explained that what he does in the movies is for show and it's not what he'd do in an actual fight.

i think you're thinking of jet li. he "fought" mma guys in cradle 2 the grave and then said they would probably kick his ass in an actual cage fight.

bruce lee was always an asshole about how he was supposedly a good fighter in real life from what i heard.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
You've clearly never bitten someone before ta. The slightest movement of the head and your teeth come flying out, they weren't designed for gripping in humans. You can bite a ear or something fleshy but eye sockets and skull ain't gonna happen

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »
I was saying biting as in regards to if someone attacks you, street fight, not a sanctioned fight.

If someone ripped your ears off, and bit your eye socket, I am not sure what you could do to win.
have you ever been in a fight, like the guy is just going to sit there and let you bite him. If you plan an going all out on the guy then just pic up rock and smash him.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
I was saying this in regards to if someone attacks you.  Not a legal fight.
yeah but who the hell does that. would you gauge someones eyes out to win a fight?

anyways... it would probably work against a joe schmoe if you got him down on the ground. but if you started clawing or biting(not that you would get a chance to) a trained fighter he would

a.) break your arms
b.) smash your face in