Author Topic: MMA, UFC, Man fighting question.  (Read 12533 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: MMA, UFC, Man fighting question.
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2013, 09:06:37 PM »
dayum you took the exact images out of my mind, nice google-fu lol
I have been watching MMA for a long time, I also love the Inside MMA show. The KO roundhouse by Uriah Hall is from the most recent 'Ultimate Fighter' series.  Dana White was raving about him being the next big thing, but he failed to win the show, he made the final but got beaten by a tough gritty young wrestler by the name of Kelvin Gastelum
V

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2013, 09:09:26 PM »
Everything changes when you get punched in the face.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18:52 PM »
I have been watching MMA for a long time, I also love the Inside MMA show. The KO roundhouse by Uriah Hall is from the most recent 'Ultimate Fighter' series.  Dana White was raving about him being the next big thing, but he failed to win the show, he made the final but got beaten by a tough gritty young wrestler by the name of Kelvin Gastelum
Thats why a good ground guy will win most fights, because they go to the ground.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
I am not very fond of getting punched in the sternum myself.
Face I can handle. Sternum = no bueno.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »

A dear friend of mine....who was a supreme badass and would rip my heart out..used to say to everyone who talked shit to him about how tough they were, or wanted a piece of him....."it's not gonna go the way you think it's gonna go."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2013, 05:44:05 AM »
Hey Nazi worshipper your insecurities are clearly showing through.

You're not kidding anyone, we've all seen your pictures - your girlfriend could kick your ass.

Now shut the fuck up and stop telling everyone how big your dick is.
???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2013, 05:46:45 AM »
A dear friend of mine....who was a supreme badass and would rip my heart out..used to say to everyone who talked shit to him about how tough they were, or wanted a piece of him....."it's not gonna go the way you think it's gonna go."
Thats EXACTLY my contention. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2013, 06:20:44 AM »
How come they never do any cool martial arts stuff in any of these fights?

"1"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:04 AM »
How come they never do any cool martial arts stuff in any of these fights?  ???  Are martial arts more for show hence the term "arts"?   ???  They never do anything that some drunkard at a bar could do, why is this the case?

Becauase TMA is not real fighting - hope that helps

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:51 AM »
Thats EXACTLY my contention.  

It goes both ways my friend. In your scenario, you win. All Adonising aside.....I avoid fighting because you never know who you're fucking with. it's all hypothetical, but what if some drunk dude, who was only trying to "kick your Ass"  to impress hia buddies...now realizes you are intent on trying to permanently disfigure his face (something that freaks people out by the way, our reflexes defending our face are much quicker, it's instinctive)...but anyway now he realizes the gravity of the situation, and pulls out a knife and stabs you to death as you are chewing on his nose.

Best to avoid fights unless you literally have no choice, nothing good comes of them. You win, and you are most likely looking at charges...and with your tactics they will be a lot more serious...assault with the intent to inflict grevious bodily harm is jail time brother, a regular fight, where both parties walk away with largely superficial injuries....and you are looking at an anger management class and a fine. ...or you lose, and you could have your face fucked up for life.  I am sure you are just like me...and love your face just the way it is.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2013, 07:07:40 AM »
It goes both ways my friend. In your scenario, you win. All Adonising aside.....I avoid fighting because you never know who you're fucking with. it's all hypothetical, but what if some drunk dude, who was only trying to "kick your Ass"  to impress hia buddies...now realizes you are intent on trying to permanently disfigure his face (something that freaks people out by the way, our reflexes defending our face are much quicker, it's instinctive)...but anyway now he realizes the gravity of the situation, and pulls out a knife and stabs you to death as you are chewing on his nose.

Best to avoid fights unless you literally have no choice, nothing good comes of them. You win, and you are most likely looking at charges...and with your tactics they will be a lot more serious...assault with the intent to inflict grevious bodily harm is jail time brother, a regular fight, where both parties walk away with largely superficial injuries....and you are looking at an anger management class and a fine. ...or you lose, and you could have your face fucked up for life.  I am sure you are just like me...and love your face just the way it is.
I agree and I can`t forsee any situation where I will need to use my deadly bites.  Anyone I meet usually really, really likes me.  I ask questions and never go on about myself.  People like to go on about themselves and if you ask the questions and listen, they will do anything for you.

ukjeff

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2013, 07:11:33 AM »
"I remember this one time, in band camp...."

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2013, 07:13:26 AM »

just an observation but i think MMA today has more athletes in it than legit tough guys. guys who you can see are just tough guys would be guys like randy couture, liddel, dan henderson comes to mind, w silva etc.

i think todays crop of mma guys are just athletes who train to fight, and not guys who had any kind of sand at the beginning.

like GSP is not a tough guy. benson henderson is not a tough guy. uriah faber is not a tough guy. i could go on. great athletes and fighters but not legit tough guys
b

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
I agree and I can`t forsee any situation where I will need to use my deadly bites.  Anyone I meet usually really, really likes me.  I ask questions and never go on about myself.  People like to go on about themselves and if you ask the questions and listen, they will do anything for you.

You and I are the same in a lot of respects. We both have unique personalities but know how to use them to our advantage perfectly. I experience the same thing....I talk to people and I become their therapist....they are telling me deep shit completely unprompted. And most people like me a lot, those who don't hate my guts...no middle ground.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2013, 07:21:32 AM »
;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »
Fighting is just not worth it these days since nobody can let it lie and if beaten fairly will just come back at you with a knife or whatever.
Just last week a friend of mine was ambushed outside his house by some little bitch who he had given a good hiding a few weeks beforehand. He ended up having hus head stapled back togetherand a 6 hour op to reattach his fingers after being hit witha mechette.

Just not worth it.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2013, 07:53:26 AM »
"I remember this one time, in band camp...."

hi mike

i take it running away is your prefered style of choice
T

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2013, 08:42:45 AM »
just an observation but i think MMA today has more athletes in it than legit tough guys. guys who you can see are just tough guys would be guys like randy couture, liddel, dan henderson comes to mind, w silva etc.

i think todays crop of mma guys are just athletes who train to fight, and not guys who had any kind of sand at the beginning.

like GSP is not a tough guy. benson henderson is not a tough guy. uriah faber is not a tough guy. i could go on. great athletes and fighters but not legit tough guys

this.

but you're going to get alot of flack for this post.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »

Could you define tough guy?  GSP beat Matt Hughes, and I would consider him a tough guy?  GSP has learned to fight without taking too much punishment, like Anderson Silva.  The fellows you mentioned, with the styles in which they fight, take a ton of punishment with their styles?  Randy Coulture is a beast though and arguably one of the best to ever fight!  Do not want to sound like I am taking anything away from any of the fighters you mentioned, they are all Hall of Famers for sure but GSP is one tough SOB as well.  Benson has not proven himself yet, still a ton of time for him to prove his place among the elite.

the trainer

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
I always thought the Bruce Lee stuff would work, but is that just me being wishful in that regard?  I mean his style is basically adapt to whatever is facing you and find a way to counter it.

In a real life street fight or when someone gets attacked, I never understood why people don`t fight more with what is in line with how we survived.  Biting, Scratching, Ripping ears off, clawing eyes out, using your hands as talons.  People always just just fists, such a poor defense.  I guarantee you rip someones ear off and bite their face as hard as you can, you will win every fight if you were ever attacked.

Got to the thread late so in other words you would fight like a female bitch, cant say i am shocked to hear that.

ukjeff

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
hi mike

i take it running away is your prefered style of choice

Running away?
On the contrary my dear Mick.  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
Got to the thread late so in other words you would fight like a female bitch, cant say i am shocked to hear that.
???

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
Running away?
On the contrary my dear Mick.  ;D

whiny little cry baby
T

ukjeff

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »