Author Topic: USA Debt  (Read 7936 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
USA Debt
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/14/news/economy/deficits-falling/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Budget shortfalls are projected to increase later in the coming decade ... because of the pressures of an aging population, rising health care costs and growing interest payments on the federal debt," the CBO said in its report.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: USA Debt
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/14/news/economy/deficits-falling/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Budget shortfalls are projected to increase later in the coming decade ... because of the pressures of an aging population, rising health care costs and growing interest payments on the federal debt," the CBO said in its report.

if you post any more about debt, I'll out your whole neighborhood and post up your junior high school yearbook photos....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!

:-\
K

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
if you post any more about debt, I'll out your whole neighborhood and post up your junior high school yearbook photos....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!

:-\

lol

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
What can China do ?, if U.S. tell them : we a not paying back, NOTHING  ;D

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »

they might close all their restaurants

dogs and cats everywhere will breath a sigh of relief

K

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »

They've been in the works to make their currency the world reserve currency, in addition, if they just announced they wanted their debts paid and were no longer investing in the U.S., the market would crash causing a world wide domino effect. they don't have to lift a finger to fuck us.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 04:15:46 PM »
Stock market doesn't seem to care!  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 04:16:23 PM »
Stock market doesn't seem to care!  ;D

That's because it's another bubble.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »
"In its updated budget outlook released Tuesday, the CBO now estimates the annual deficit for this fiscal year will be $642 billion or 4% of GDP. That's $203 billion less than the agency estimated a few months ago. The CBO attributes the improved estimate to higher-than-expected tax revenues and an increase in payments to the Treasury by mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

By 2015, the deficit will fall to its lowest point of the next decade - 2.1% of GDP. And it will remain below 3% until 2019, at which point it will start to increase again. Deficits below 3% are considered sustainable because it means budget shortfalls are not growing faster than the economy.

Similarly, the CBO now estimates the country's total debt - the sum of annual deficits accrued over decades - will fall to roughly 71% of GDP in 2018 and 2019. That's four percentage points below where it is today."

What's this about Obama's debt-laden policies destroying the United States?  The fear over Obama's deficits was always silly insofar as it implied these deficits were causally responsible for economic problems here and now: there is zero substantive research indicating that debt-to-GDP ratios in the range the USG currently maintains are harmful to the economy and countercyclical fiscal/monetary policy (government spending/tweaking interest rates/purchasing assets) is a widely accepted precept of macroeconomics with plenty of empirical support.

Yes, long-term structural problems remain unaddressed, yes the situation in the job market is very disconcerting and Obamacare may exacerbate it, and yes, no one is precisely sure what will happen when the Fed takes its foot off of the quantitative petal. But these issues are independent of my point about the short-term deficits of the Obama Administration.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

It's more about the principle. Not paying China would cause an uproar across the world and set a precedent that would send foreign markets into chaos.

Out of the 16.7 trillion dollar debt the US has, China owns roughly about 1.2 trillion of it. That is pretty substantial.

Remember though, being in debt has been part of American history. The only time America was free of debt was back under the presidency of Andrew Jackson. He wiped out our debt, but, sadly two years later, we had a 6 year long economic depression (it was the second longest depression suffered by this country, second to that of the great depression).

"1"

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »

K

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
P.S. Compare the fact that our debt-to-GDP will be 71% in a few years to the Romney counterfactual where -- assuming he carried out the major planks of his stated policy program -- we'd be spending more on defense (building battleships for when the aliens come), tax rates and thus revenue would be significantly lower, investor uncertainty would rise exponentially as a major piece of legislation was dismantled, and a Eurozone-esque austerity regime would be instituted, probably with similarly disastrous effects for demand.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
I sure hope not. It is nice to see my IRA return to where it was. I am afraid u may be right, bc it don't make much sense.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »
stock market isnt representative of much.

Fed policy is behind the dramatic rise along with stock buy backs and slightly improved economic numbers.  Take the ride and get out before fed policy changes.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
When you have the feds doing unlimited quantitative easing pumping 30-40 BILLION per month in the system and keeping inflation low, that tells you alot. This is all another bubble but a bigger one than before. Eventually hyper-inflation will ensue and you can only imagine what happens then.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
When you have the feds doing unlimited quantitative easing pumping 30-40 BILLION per month in the system and keeping inflation low, that tells you alot. This is all another bubble but a bigger one than before. Eventually hyper-inflation will ensue and you can only imagine what happens then.

Very good post...and what comes next is the largest asset transfer in human history as the rich deleverage  their debt to zero.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »
indeed, the part about the depression is often forgotten to mention by ppl who think jackson did very well.

jackson also did some other not so nice things, im sure you know, youre well read
yes seems so.
why would anyone whose broke anyway and lives from paycheck to paycheck be affraid of hyperinflation?

remove sand from vagine, life would be pretty much the same for the vast majority of people,even with hyperinflation.

bc having nothing or even nothing but debt equals having nothing.

No it wouldn't the prices on EVERYTHING would increase insanely, only the rich would be able to afford it. While everyone else would rob, kill and steal just to survive. Economics101 genius.

If that were to happen, you can guarantee there'd be martial law.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »
Hyperinflation destroys the middle class...not the rich.

Lenin said to destroy the bourgeoisie is grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »
  The way to crush the bourgeoisie, is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.

Vladimir Lenin

Great quote

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »

The feds $85 billion in monthly purchases of Treasury bonds and mortgage-backed securities are aimed at holding down long-term interest rates and nudging investors into stocks to drive up the market.  This is happening, however, the fed will back down on this policy as economic numbers improve.  I believe this will hurt the treasury in a big way because they will be selling this crap at loss and disrupt the MBS market.  So what's the exit strategy because they can't do this forever?  Won't be pretty and rates will have to rise as they should have already if not artificially held down.

Dog chasing tail fed policy to prop failing economy!  Unemployment has never truly moved and companies continue to hoard cash and reduce head count/wages.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
  Great post Walter

You can NOT ride the tiger for EVER

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
Amnesty on illegal aliens will make things much worse.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.

Proverb

Sometimes it is more dangerous to stop doing a dangerous thing than it is to continue doing it.

Jill: You shouldn't take out another loan. You're already too far in debt. Jane: If I don't take out a loan, I can't make the payments on the loans I already have. You know how it is—she who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
Amnesty on illegal aliens will make things much worse.

No it won't. It's not amnesty first off. In the long run it is like it but it's not amnesty by the definition.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 05:34:03 PM »
He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.

Proverb

Sometimes it is more dangerous to stop doing a dangerous thing than it is to continue doing it.

Jill: You shouldn't take out another loan. You're already too far in debt. Jane: If I don't take out a loan, I can't make the payments on the loans I already have. You know how it is—she who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.

Jill is frigid.  Jane is an ignorant slut.

:D
K