Author Topic: Generation worse than nothingness  (Read 5107 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Generation worse than nothingness
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »
not sure on this

being forced to do what is best for you

will lead to better results

than being told what is best for you

for most kids

Define: "what is best for you" & "better results".
Is this the way you grew up? Has it made you a wise, stable & happy person? I have my doubts.. (no hating).
I didn't meant "told what is best for you". You don't seem to understand what 'awareness' means.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
Define: "what is best for you" & "better results".
Is this the way you grew up? Has it made you a wise, stable & happy person? I have my doubts.. (no hating).
I didn't meant "told what is best for you". You don't seem to understand what 'awareness' means.
no i'm actually saying this is how i should have been raised

lol

like my dad, they basically put him in a strict expensive boarding school and everybody there came out successful

because they were cut off from negative influence and had no choice but to study diligently

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »

lol

like my dad, they basically put him in a strict expensive boarding school and everybody there came out successful

because they were cut off from negative influence and had no choice but to study diligently

Like you should have been raised? oh brother... I've just described the possible result of that in my previous post, so I hope that you won't raise your son like this.
Being 'successful' is so much more than a good education/job. You need to learn a thing or two about psychology first.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 02:38:57 PM »
Like you should have been raised? oh brother... I've just described the possible result of that in my previous post, so I hope that you won't raise your son like this.
Being 'successful' is so much more than a good education/job. You need to learn a thing or two about psychology first.

having a well paying job you enjoy doing is necessary to be truly happy

i firmly believe in this

i see a big difference in people with high paying jobs and bottom people

the former are happy, the latter are miserable

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »
Forbidding/restricting things won't improve that. A good conversation/discussion is a different thing, since awareness is the key to wisdom.

No one is saying kids today need to be forbidden from all things and ride the apple cart to school while walking up three mountains through snow and rain to get there.

But there also has to be limits.  Kids want to watch your ipads in the car, sure, but once you get to the restaurant it should be, kids put your fucking Ipads down. It's time for dinner.

Kids you want a car to go to school, of course, here's the keys to a 2009 VW Passat, not a 2013 Mercedes 500SL.

You don't need to be fucking hitler with your kids, but you do need to set limits.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »
No one is saying kids today need to be forbidden from all things and ride the apple cart to school while walking up three mountains through snow and rain to get there.

But there also has to be limits.  Kids want to watch your ipads in the car, sure, but once you get to the restaurant it should be, kids put your fucking Ipads down. It's time for dinner.

Kids you want a car to go to school, of course, here's the keys to a 2009 VW Passat, not a 2013 Mercedes 500SL.

You don't need to be fucking hitler with your kids, but you do need to set limits.

100% agree with this. I wasn't saying that parents should agree with everything, but we aren't living in the 50ies or in a communist republic (well, most of us, lol). Finding a good balance between personal freedom & social behavior can be challenging these days.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2013, 03:00:53 PM »
having a well paying job you enjoy doing is necessary to be truly happy

i firmly believe in this

i see a big difference in people with high paying jobs and bottom people

the former are happy, the latter are miserable

You see things too black & white. In order to become happy, not everyone has the same priorities as you.
That's your fundamental mistake, you tend to think "what's good to me , is also good for someone else", WRONG!!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »
You see things too black & white. In order to become happy, not everyone has the same priorities as you.
That's your fundamental mistake, you tend to think "what's good to me , is also good for someone else", WRONG!!
maybe

i'd be happy if i earned a lot of cash ::) ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »
maybe

i'd be happy if i earned a lot of cash ::) ;D

No, not 'maybe'. Start to observe happy people on the street. Do they all have good/well paid jobs? Hell, no!

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2013, 04:20:46 PM »
My kids will get beat savagely and have no electricity.  Generation nothingness stops at my double wide.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »

lol

i got sent to an expensive private school for all my life, took AP courses, graduated with a stellar GPA, honors, etc all because my parents forced me. now 6 years later i have a shitty relationship with my parents, take 1-2 courses a semester in college, still working on my bachelors with a fucking 2.8 GPA, live in a shitty apartment and spend most of my time working out, drinking with friends and doing drugs. not that i dislike it, but i'm not exactly what most people refer to as "successful".  being forced to do shit doesn't pan out well for most people. it conditions you to not have any motivation and just proceed to do things with a zombie-like attitude. i know plenty of people that returned from the military like that. after having your whole life planned out for you by someone else, it's hard to be motivated. some of them just woke up at 7 am, ran a few miles then sat around all day doing nothing.

"best for you" is extremely subjective. no one but you truly knows what's best for you.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
i got sent to an expensive private school for all my life, took AP courses, graduated with a stellar GPA, honors, etc all because my parents forced me. now 6 years later i have a shitty relationship with my parents, take 1-2 courses a semester in college, still working on my bachelors with a fucking 2.8 GPA, live in a shitty apartment and spend most of my time working out, drinking with friends and doing drugs. not that i dislike it, but i'm not exactly what most people refer to as "successful".  being forced to do shit doesn't pan out well for most people. it conditions you to not have any motivation and just proceed to do things with a zombie-like attitude. i know plenty of people that returned from the military like that. after having your whole life planned out for you by someone else, it's hard to be motivated. some of them just woke up at 7 am, ran a few miles then sat around all day doing nothing.

"best for you" is extremely subjective. no one but you truly knows what's best for you.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
"ima need counselin
i lost my mind
and i still haven't found it
i used to be so well-rounded
but now i tiptoe on hell's boundaries"

-lil wayne

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
"ima need counselin
i lost my mind
and i still haven't found it
i used to be so well-rounded
but now i tiptoe on hell's boundaries"

-lil wayne

Quoting lil Wayne...gets you a...

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »
lil wayne has some shitty songs but he's still a good fucking rapper

don't care what anyone says

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 11:40:57 PM »
lil wayne has some shitty songs but he's still a good fucking rapper

don't care what anyone says

He's from a very musical people, what do you expect

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2013, 03:17:17 AM »
Lets not forget the parent of these kids are from generation "no values" - so it is a natural progression that they are shit parents with fucked up offspring.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2013, 03:18:40 AM »
My kids will get beat savagely and have no electricity.  Generation nothingness stops at my double wide.

haha  ;D

Yes, my kids school holiday would be Muay Thai training camp in the mountains of Thailand.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »