Author Topic: BB Meals for less than £1/$1.50? Check out BigCyp's Frugal Fitness Part One!  (Read 29623 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Those prices are insane to little old me living near the seaside!

Out of interest OMR, how close could you live to NYC, without having to pay for premium everything?

You don't have to go too far. Other boroughs would offer you a lower cost-of-living, but that comes with a price. While you will pay less for housing, utilities and food, you make up for it with a higher crime rate, long commutes into the city, streets that are not as clean (less developed) and an overall inconvenience due to your workplace being 30-45 minutes away from your home via local transportation.

Ultimately, it's a trade-off.

"1"

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Hash cakes, pizza, and the pussies of whores?

Space cakes

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Housing prices are insane.  For instance, buying a studio apartment (condo or coop) in Manhattan, will easily cost you $1-1.5 million.

Cabs are just as ridiculous. The moment you step into a cab, there is a $2.50 surcharge that is already incurred. If you ride the cab at night time, it is an extra $.50 surcharge. Not to mention that you can now use credit cards to pay for your fare, but what most people don't realize is that you get charge an extra small fee (<$2.00) just to use the credit card option.

Prices are insane here. Our prices are on par with some parts of California.

"1"

Nothing in Southern California is inline with those prices, except for a taxi to the airport, but super shuttle works fine for $38.  I don't know about the Bay Area, just opted for a trip to Portland instead. 

Henda

• Getbig V
Those burgers look awesome and for less than a quid for all that protein its amazing.
Always looking for ideas to save on bodybuilding food, feeding a family is vastly different to the days of spending fortunes on steak and shitty protein powder when you only had yourself to worry about.

Great thread. Thanks

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Housing prices are insane.  For instance, buying a studio apartment (condo or coop) in Manhattan, will easily cost you $1-1.5 million.

Cabs are just as ridiculous. The moment you step into a cab, there is a $2.50 surcharge that is already incurred. If you ride the cab at night time, it is an extra $.50 surcharge. Not to mention that you can now use credit cards to pay for your fare, but what most people don't realize is that you get charge an extra small fee (<$2.00) just to use the credit card option.

Prices are insane here. Our prices are on par with some parts of California.

"1"

In Toronto the cab is $4.50 the moment you hop in and our dollar's value is presently equal to and some weeks more valuable than yours.

RE the eggs at $7 a dozen, are those the free range ones because they ted to charge triple for those here
"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Nothing in Southern California is inline with those prices, except for a taxi to the airport, but super shuttle works fine for $38.  I don't know about the Bay Area, just opted for a trip to Portland instead. 

Well, I am comparing Manhattan (which is the priciest borough in New York City) to parts of California like Bel. Air, Santa Barbara, San Diego etc..

"1"

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Those burgers look awesome and for less than a quid for all that protein its amazing.
Always looking for ideas to save on bodybuilding food, feeding a family is vastly different to the days of spending fortunes on steak and shitty protein powder when you only had yourself to worry about.

Great thread. Thanks

Thanks brother, i'll try to add a different recipe each day. Trust me, my days of steak dinners and buying a protein bar in the way out of the gym for the hell of it were over when baby no.2 arrived  :o

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Thanks brother, i'll try to add a different recipe each day. Trust me, my days of steak dinners and buying a protein bar in the way out of the gym for the hell of it were over when baby no.2 arrived  :o

have any good side dish(eg potatoes, pasta, rice, veggies etc) recipes
"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
In Toronto the cab is $4.50 the moment you hop in and our dollar's value is presently equal to and some weeks more valuable than yours.

RE the eggs at $7 a dozen, are those the free range ones because they ted to charge triple for those here

Those are just regular eggs..

"1"

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Coming up.....'The 40g Protein Budget Chocolate Shake' - £0.60p / 90 cents!!!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
3. The Cheapo Chocolate MRP Shake (40g of protein) - £0.54 / 82 cents!!!
(40g protein, 32g carbs, 26g fat - 522 kcals)

What you'll need: 2 whole eggs (yolks optional - but why throw them!), 7 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder, 350ml semi skimmed milk, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, splenda/stevia to taste, ice if preferred.

1. Put all of the above into your mixer cup (I'd recommend adding the milk first to avoid anything sticking at the bottom)

2. Shake for 30 seconds with the fury of Galeniko's 3rd climax of the night!

Trust me guys, this shake tastes decent enough and costs a third of the price. Try adding a TB of PB, vanilla essence, or any coffee flavouring syrup (be careful with the simple sugars!).

(Generic photo)

Eggs - 9p each (£1.35 for 15 Aldi) Skim milk powder - 16p (£1.40 for 400g Tesco) Semi milk - 17p (99p for 2 litres Aldi) Cocoa - 3p (£1.00 Asda).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Those are just regular eggs..

"1"

That's insane.  I'm right outside boston, and I get the Eggland's best with less sat fat, more Omega 3, etc for a little more than $2 at Costco.
Y

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
That's insane.  I'm right outside boston, and I get the Eggland's best with less sat fat, more Omega 3, etc for a little more than $2 at Costco.

Oh, we are getting raped around here...

"1"

BigCyp

• Getbig V
If I were you OMR, I'd invest in my own inner city chicken coop to offest costs lol. (Obviously you'd need to have it Pedro Coderch proofed  ;D)

BOW

• Getbig III
:o

Wow, those are astronomical savings! Here in new York City, a dozen eggs go for $7.00.

I usually shop at the Food Emporium..

"1"
damn! I just bought a dozen eggs here in cali for around $1.19. $7 on eggs is just ridiculous.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
damn! I just bought a dozen eggs here in cali for around $1.19. $7 on eggs is just ridiculous.

Yeah, that is crazy. I think they are about roughly what you said here. I don't see how people afford to have a family and not be broke as hell in some places.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Yeah, that is crazy. I think they are about roughly what you said here. I don't see how people afford to have a family and not be broke as hell in some places.

I feed my family of 4 (3 months, 3 years, wife) on the maximum of £50 per week. Only 10% of my groceries are in any way processed, usually it's the things my son loves eating lol.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  Great thread   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
:o

Wow, those are astronomical savings! Here in new York City, a dozen eggs go for $7.00.

I usually shop at the Food Emporium..

"1"
ROFLMAO!!!

No wonder why New York and California are so out of touch with reality.  Both places should be walled off and forgotten about.  :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
The Liberals (and now a lot of Conservatives) in California and New York WANT you to pay this much for everything.  They keep their superstitions going-Anti GMO-Anti Conventional crops- and think this is the normal price people should pay for things.

Fuck them.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=479458.0

As Adonis would say...culinary disaster....not to mention that that recipe is pretty similiar to the one in "Anabolic Cooking".
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Can you provide some insight into how you've calculated the price here?

Oops lol, meant to break it down at the bottom!

Eggs - 12p each (£1.89 for 15 Aldi) Skim milk powder - 16p (£1.40 for 400g Tesco) Semi milk - 17p (99p for 2 litres Aldi) Cocoa - 3p (£1.00 Asda)

1 shake at 40g of casein/albumen protein = 60p / 90 cents.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
The Liberals (and now a lot of Conservatives) in California and New York WANT you to pay this much for everything.  They keep their superstitions going-Anti GMO-Anti Conventional crops- and think this is the normal price people should pay for things.

Fuck them.

Why the need to abuse almost every thread for your political statements?  :-\

BigCyp

• Getbig V
As Adonis would say...culinary disaster....not to mention that that recipe is pretty similiar to the one in "Anabolic Cooking".

Everyone will have a different opinion, however it is what it is Vince. A 1 dollar meal that's high in protein is never going to feature on Masterchef.

What i'm trying to do though is explore easy recipes, made from mainly whole foods that still total less than one pound sterling per meal.

I'm 100% certain that many of the members here who don't have a huge salary yet, will find at least a couple of the upcoming recipes very useful.