Author Topic: U.S. Marshal Service lost two former "known or suspected terrorists"  (Read 477 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
First on CNN: Witness protection program lost two former "known or suspected terrorists"

This has been updated.

By Jake Tapper, CNN Chief Washington Correspondent

The U.S. Marshal Service had been “unable to locate” two former participants in the federal Witness Security Program “identified as known or suspected terrorists,” states the public summary of an interim Justice Department Inspector General’s report obtained by CNN.

The Marshals have concluded that “one individual was and the other individual was believed to be residing outside of the United States.”

Read the public summary here.

The news comes from an audit of the Witness Security Program by the IG’s office, which states that “the Department did not definitively know how many known or suspected terrorists were admitted into the WITSEC program,” among other “significant issues concerning national security.” The report makes 16 recommendations.

The “Interim Report on the Department of Justice’s Handling of Known or Suspected Terrorists Admitted Into the Federal Witness Security Program” notes that while in the midst of an audit of the WITSEC program, the Inspector General felt the need to notify the Justice Department of national security vulnerabilities, and the IG’s office “developed the interim report to help ensure that the Department promptly and sufficiently addressed the deficiencies we found.”

The news comes in the midst of a week of horrible news for the Obama administration, with revelations that the Justice Department secretly collected months of phone records for reporters and editors at The Associated Press; renewed speculation over the White House’s response to the Benghazi attack; and revelations that the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups.

The Justice Department issued a statement, saying, "The number of former known or suspected terrorists ever admitted into the WitSec Program represents a fraction of one percent of the total WitSec population, and the vast majority were admitted into the program prior to Sept. 11, 2001.

"To date, the FBI has not identified a national security threat tied to the participation of terrorism-linked witnesses in the WitSec program."

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/16/first-on-cnn-witness-protection-program-lost-two-former-known-or-suspected-terrorists/?hpt=hp_t2

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
This administration has literally done nothing except harm the United States.

The next 3.5 years is going to be terrifying.

What's even scarier-- just think if these buffoons weren't incompetent?!!?

Then we would all be fucked.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What's the point of having laws about terrorism when we know it won't stop all terrorists?

If you want to be a terrorist you are going to find a way to do it

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
What's the point of having laws about   ::)::)terrorism when we know it won't stop all terrorists?

Maybe we should legalize terrorism

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
What's the point of having laws about terrorism when we know it won't stop all terrorists?

QFT-- We should abolish all laws because if you want to be a criminal, you're going to find a way to do it.

Hmmmm.... now how do we dovetail the "Straw Theorem" of fighting terrorism and crime with liberal policies?

Yes--- I have it; To make the world less dangerous (because fighting crime and terrorism is pointless) all guns and weapons shall be seized by the federal government. Also, with less people in the country, there is less chance of people becoming terrorists or criminals-- so there should be no restriction on abortions at all. But, just to be "fair" and show that America isn't racist, we should open our borders, allow all illegals a "pathway" to citizenship and end all immigration restrictions.

See?

It all makes perfect sense.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I don't think you realize the stupidity of your post.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

QFT-- We should abolish all laws because if you want to be a criminal, you're going to find a way to do it.

Hmmmm.... now how do we dovetail the "Straw Theorem" of fighting terrorism and crime with liberal policies?

Yes--- I have it; To make the world less dangerous (because fighting crime and terrorism is pointless) all guns and weapons shall be seized by the federal government. Also, with less people in the country, there is less chance of people becoming terrorists or criminals-- so there should be no restriction on abortions at all. But, just to be "fair" and show that America isn't racist, we should open our borders, allow all illegals a "pathway" to citizenship and end all immigration restrictions.

See?

It all makes perfect sense.

Now there you go. That is the perfect solution. I apologize to Straw for my previous post. ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I can't believe none of our right wing geniuses couldn't figure out the reference (the morons not getting it doesn't surprise me though .......don't tell me you're all morons)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Please enlighten us.

It seems you referenced a common liberal excuse that has been memorized and repeated ad nauseum by every mindless left wing turd on the planet as the primary justification for the suicidal policies of the progressive movement;  Legalize drugs (everyones going to do it anyway), open the borders (they are just going to figure out a way to enter the country anyway), limit the severity of criminal penalties (there's no sense in punishing people who misbehave because we live in an unjust society and people are going to break the law anyway), place no restrictions on abortion or birth control (kids are just going to have sex anyway) etc. etc. etc.

In all seriousness,  your entire political ideology is essentially based on the insipid repetition of a singularly mindless phrase over and over and over again- XXXXXXXX will happen anyway, so why bother?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: U.S. Marshal Service lost two former "known or suspected terrorists"
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »
Please enlighten us.

It seems you referenced a common liberal excuse that has been memorized and repeated ad nauseum by every mindless left wing turd on the planet as the primary justification for the suicidal policies of the progressive movement;  Legalize drugs (everyones going to do it anyway), open the borders (they are just going to figure out a way to enter the country anyway), limit the severity of criminal penalties (there's no sense in punishing people who misbehave because we live in an unjust society and people are going to break the law anyway), place no restrictions on abortion or birth control (kids are just going to have sex anyway) etc. etc. etc.

In all seriousness,  your entire political ideology is essentially based on the insipid repetition of a singularly mindless phrase over and over and over again- XXXXXXXX will happen anyway, so why bother?

enlighten you on what I was mimicking?

what's my common liberal excuse?