Author Topic: Phil Jackson's new book. Praises Michael, destroys Kobe...lolololololol  (Read 16247 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Holy shit you have no fucking clue what you are taking about.  K recruited kobe. Its where their relationship began. Kobe loves k. Its why he personally asked k to coach the Lakers.  K loves kobe. He said that was the only job that ever made him consider leaving duke because he didn't get the opportunity to coach kobe at duke. K constantly gushes over Kobe in olympic basketball as well. Kobe is also one of the smartest dudes in the nba. Well above average even for duke basketball standards.  But here's a little clue for you, Duke basketball players don't have to meet the admission standards of the average duke student. I seriously hope you didn't think otherwise.

And lolololol at your stupidity if you think k doesn't recruit top level stars. Duke is a top 10 recruiting class every single year. How the fuck do they stay so high in recruiting rankings if he isn't recruiting star level talent?
Olympic ball and College ball are two different things...

Plus, name 1 dude that came out of Duke other than Grant Hill that actually did well in the pros. Not L man, or Batty...pretty much nobody else. Duke recruits players that work well as a team, not Super stars.

I've followed Duke and the ACC since duke won over UNLV,
About the only dude who had the biggest hype other than Hill and Huley was Jason Williams.

Wojo, from Maryland, he is doing well NOT playing ball.
As I said, the Degree from Duke will carry most of the players farther than than many of them would get in playing ball, and that is the cache of Duke.

As far as Coach K recruiting Kobe, I wouldn't know, but Coach K being him, would have probably done so.

And as far as Kobe loving Coach K, well he is Effing Coach K, he Garners respect. Damn near every player respects Coach K! He is today's Dean Smith.

Please...

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

Plus, name 1 dude that came out of Duke other than Grant Hill that actually did well in the pros. Not L man, or Batty...pretty much nobody else. Duke recruits players that work well as a team, not Super stars.

About the only dude who had the biggest hype other than Hill and Huley was Jason Williams.

As I said, the Degree from Duke will carry most of the players farther than than many of them would get in playing ball, and that is the cache of Duke.

As far as Coach K recruiting Kobe, I wouldn't know, but Coach K being him, would have probably done so.

And as far as Kobe loving Coach K, well he is Effing Coach K, he Garners respect. Damn near every player respects Coach K! He is today's Dean Smith.

Please...

First you said coach k wouldn't recruit someone like kobe.  Now you say you wouldn't know, but k probably would have done so.

Just admit you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and you hoped no one would call you out on you bullshit.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
You're letting your personal biases get in the way.  Nobody is close to Jordan but Kobe is the closest of his generation easily.

This. Kobe is a great player, and one of the top ten ever. Not being as good as Jordan doesnt change that. As far as off the court personality....i can virtually guarantee I'll never be hanging out with Kobe Bryant so who gives a shit.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV

Please...

That's great except you just said "Coach K wouldn't recruit Kobe"

Parker strikes again.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Kobe's response to Phil's critique...

http://www.foxsportswest.com/fox-sports-networks/story/Kobe-responds-to-Phil-Jackons-critique-i?blockID=903273&feedID=3707

???

Jordan wouldn't have allowed Shaq to touch the ball in the last 5 mins to keep him off the foul line.  As far as centers, Shaq is an upgrade over Longley, Bill Wellington and Cartwright  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
First you said coach k wouldn't recruit someone like kobe.  Now you say you wouldn't know, but k probably would have done so.

Just admit you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and you hoped no one would call you out on you bullshit.
I'll admit that I don't know whether Coach K tried to recruit Kobe, but other than that, it's you who doesn't know what you are talking about. Kobe is NOT and never will be a true leader, he is a selfish prick, who cannot see the bigger picture, he never learned to, and quite frankly, I believe he doesn't care to. This was set before he became a pro, could Coach K have reset that, we don't know.

As it stands, Duke recruits and gets players that do well as a team, not players who want to be the whole team themselves, or want to do the 1 and done thing. Many of those players are legit scholar-athletes.
You think Wojo was stupid in HS, think again? Grant Hill? Please, Coack K banks on Duke's titles and Duke's reputation as a school to bring the players in. That piece of paper when they graduate often times takes those players who are not NBA material a lot farther than graduating from other schools.

And since the only thing you can harp on is one part, obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
I'll admit that I don't know whether Coach K tried to recruit Kobe, but other than that, it's you who doesn't know what you are talking about. Kobe is NOT and never will be a true leader, he is a selfish prick, who cannot see the bigger picture, he never learned to, and quite frankly, I believe he doesn't care to. This was set before he became a pro, could Coach K have reset that, we don't know.

As it stands, Duke recruits and gets players that do well as a team, not players who want to be the whole team themselves, or want to do the 1 and done thing. Many of those players are legit scholar-athletes.
You think Wojo was stupid in HS, think again? Grant Hill? Please, Coack K banks on Duke's titles and Duke's reputation as a school to bring the players in. That piece of paper when they graduate often times takes those players who are not NBA material a lot farther than graduating from other schools.

And since the only thing you can harp on is one part, obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.

Is it impossible for you to admit when you are wrong ? Fucking walls of text that have jack shit to do with your original statement.

Parker

• Getbig V
Is it impossible for you to admit when you are wrong ? Fucking walls of text that have jack shit to do with your original statement.
I just did...
Read the first statement. I said I was wrong.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
I just did...
Read the first statement. I said I was wrong.

Cool. I'm not the freaking getbig police...but IMO this site would be much more chill and civilized if people could actually say "you make a valid point"....."well shut my mouth".etc, and just move on to the next. Watching people argue to the death over nothing is the most pathetic aspect of this site IMO

Parker

• Getbig V
Cool. I'm not the freaking getbig police...but IMO this site would be much more chill and civilized if people could actually say "you make a valid point"....."well shut my mouth".etc, and just move on to the next. Watching people argue to the death over nothing is the most pathetic aspect of this site IMO
True. As I get older, the lamer many of the shit seems to be. And in retrospect, what eff am I arguing about anyways?
Sometimes, I want to do a Kiwiol.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

Oh come on, the "Duke players can't make it in the pros" thing is way outdated.

Carlos Boozer, 2x All-Star, career 16.9 ppg
Elton Brand, RoY and 2x All-Star, career 17.4 ppg
Luol Deng, 2x All-Star, career 16.0 ppg
Kyrie Irving, RoY, career 20.6 ppg, maybe the best young player in the league
Corey Maggette, career 16.0 ppg

All good NBA players.  Redick has been a solid but unspectacular pro, same for Battier.  So was Laettner for that matter.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Irving will be the best point guard in 2 years.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Irving will be the best point guard in 2 years.

Curry will be better

Natural Man

• Getbig V
now everyone knows kobe is toast... let's start subtly hate on him behind his back haha.

lol at pjax finally saying what he thinks when nobody expects it, he has his way to backstab someone deep in the spinal cord out of the blue and when he's down haha. Clearly pjax and mj are, were, tougher than kobe. Kobe has always been a nerd coming from a dysfunctional family, never been a real adult, man, always been childish / introverted / egocentrical. Still, he was the best after MJ, and before lebron.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Curry will be better
Curry is always hurt, I wouldn't bet on it.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
now everyone knows kobe is toast... let's start subtly hate on him behind his back haha.

lol at pjax finally saying what he thinks when nobody expects it, he has his way to backstab someone deep in the spinal cord out of the blue and when he's down haha. Clearly pjax and mj are, were, tougher than kobe. Kobe has always been a nerd coming from a dysfunctional family, never been a real adult, man, always been childish / introverted / egocentrical. Still, he was the best after MJ, and before lebron.

Greetings Uberman, hope all is well. I've been studying my Bible hard this year. I hope you have and I hope you keep preaching the lord's word but remember your racism, (especially against so called African-Americans aka Hebrews ((If you are a follower of Christ as you claim, you'll know that he and his people were in fact what we know as African-Americans.  If you do know this and still behave in this blasphemous manner, then I don't have to tell you what happens next.)) and judgement of people is against Yahweh's (God) word. Just felt the need to remind you that my Christian brother. Keep the faith.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
As far as centers, Shaq is an upgrade over Longley, Bill Wellington and Cartwright

and Will Perdue

Boom!

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
Kobe gets a bum rap with the Jordan.comparison. Nope, he ain't Jordan...but he's in the discussion, which is more than you can say about anyone else who has played in the league in the last 15 years except Lebron...who is still writing his legacy.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Kobe gets a bum rap with the Jordan.comparison. Nope, he ain't Jordan...but he's in the discussion, which is more than you can say about anyone else who has played in the league in the last 15 years except Lebron...who is still writing his legacy.

Exactly.  Arce is disparaging Kobe because he's a drama queen and wants to act like he knows him personally when any rational fan knows that Kobe's at the top of the conversation for best player of the last 15 years.  Parker is just being obtuse.

The ONLY players whose careers have overlapped substantially with Kobe's and are in the conversion with him are Shaq, who I love but he was not a complete player, and LeBron, who is pretty clearly better than Kobe and might even be better than MJ but their primes have not really overlapped so hard to compare them.

Any criticism of Kobe's 81-point game is absurd.  The man scored EIGHTY-ONE POINTS in a game, that's a ridiculously impressive feat.  How many players in the NBA or even in NBA history could do that against an NBA defense even if you just let them shoot all game long?  It's happened twice ever.  Jordan was given the green light to go for it in the last game of the '97 season and couldn't do it (he was 34 years old by then though).  Even Wilt had to hit a bajillion free throws to do it which was highly unusual for him.  He also did it against the Knicks who were one of the worst teams in the league at the time so the criticism that Kobe did it against Toronto is invalid.

LeBron vs. Jordan is the better question in my opinion. I'll take MJ but I'm an old curmudgeon who grew up with his heroics.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
I love the part where Phil called kobe a human pile of shit because he raped that white chick in colorado

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Wise words from the big armed geezer  :D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
I love the part where Phil called kobe a human pile of shit because he raped that white chick in colorado
he didnt rape or attempted to rape her, it was a setup she wanted to trap him and we all know it. Still he s a cheater.