Author Topic: BMW M235i Uncovered  (Read 8066 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: BMW M235i Uncovered
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
Parker knows about every car ever made a true car fanatic but we always enjoy the information for us that does not know as much about cars it's like having a guy to answer questions without going to the dealership.
to kind sir...I'm looking at a project car...a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan...
It's a runner, but money could be spent and or saved for other things.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
to kind sir...I'm looking at a project car...a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan...
It's a runner, but money could be spent and or saved for other things.
I got a car friend owns a body shop has many old cars and knows a bunch of people I'll ask him.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
I've always said the 2 and 3 series is the equivalent of getting a Toyota Corolla with a fancy exterior.

"1"

BMW just doesn't care about maintaining its brand rep anymore.
all drugs - TPPIIP

POB

• Getbig IV

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »
Chic car
now, imagine fender flares on that pic (and this one), larger front intake, and what you have is the 1M
 Another Angle

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:49 PM »
Yes...it's the 2 door version of the 1 series.
And in BMW's scheme, a way to charge more money.
The way their current mainstream line up is like this: odd numbers for the sedans, even numbers for coupes/4 door coupes.
The coupes will have a premium over the sedans.
So, it goes like this:
1 Series (4 door, hatch)
2 series (coupe convertible and 4 door coupe)*
3 series (4 door and GT hatch)
4 series (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)*
5 series (sedan, GT hatch)
6 series (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)*
7 series (sedan)
X5 (4 door SUV)
X6 (4 door coupe SUV)*
X3 (4 door SUV)
X4 (4 door coupe SUV)*

*= the "coupe" version  of the odd number numerically lower number.

i was over at a dealership.  the 6 series 4-door is sweet, much better and sleeker than the 7 clunker series.  

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
i hate bmws but i like the not so new 645 and the new m-1 series.

but yeah, german cars are way (self)overrated, they got nice media coverage in own interest going, blasting evrything non german.

american ppl in particular think too highly of german cars.

theyre severly overpriced, not the most reliable, very expensive upkeep, and if something breaks theyll try to avoid guarantee work, and if its not covered, youre fucked.

every german carmakers has some very well known flaws(well the german ppl know)which are simply overlooked int he media coverage.

merc had epic failures with their suspension, the airtec, rust in an issue on many german cars, oh theres plenty.

with american cars, atleast you know theyre trash after 4years, but theyll be somewhat reliable.

what about french cars?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 05:13:21 AM »
ignorant post. first of all what makes you think someone who's buys a 3 series can't afford a 5? not every bases a purchase on 'I better the bigger one so people think I have more money'. so much for that theory huh?

I bought a 3 series couple after driving the CLS, the Audi a4 (the a5 had just come out and I refused to pay the 8% financing they wanted), the Lexus is, and the infinity G37. my primary reason was the body style. imo it's one if the better looking cars on the road not cause I couldn't 'afford the few pennies for the 5'  ::)

secondly it's been the best car I have ever owned. I've piled 120k on it with zero problems. in fact if someone was thinking of buying a new BM is give them my car for a few days do they could see what they'd have in '3 years'- a well made car without a squeak, rattle or loose fitting or wear anywhere in the interior or exterior.

next time post something you have first hand knowledge of instead of offering an opinion on something you know nothing about. it might actually help someone make an informed decision.

Congrats on your purchase, and being the exception and not the rule.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 05:21:44 AM »
what about french cars?

Please tell me this is a bad joke

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 05:23:37 AM »
Please tell me this is a bad joke
they sure are doing well in F1, and also at Le Mans.
And that Renault hatchback is a beast...
And the Alpine is coming back...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 06:06:17 AM »
they sure are doing well in F1, and also at Le Mans.
And that Renault hatchback is a beast...
And the Alpine is coming back...

Vive la France!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 06:11:29 AM »
I had very good experience with French cars: unique design, amazing ride/handling combination (the French have mastered the art), no major reliability issues and relatively affordable. Gearchange has a rubbery feel sometimes if you are really pushing.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 06:13:52 AM »
Vive la France!!!

Why the constant need to idolize things?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 06:19:19 AM »
some people are not willing to give the new Hunday Genesis their credits......yes, they imitate a little bit, but you get what you pay for. the 2014 Genesis is Impressive, JD power and associate give two thumbs up

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »
Why the constant need to idolize things?

no clue

but i do like to make myself laugh from time to time, and these kinda posts give me a good chuckle or two

but i am no BigCyp and that's for damn sure

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 07:45:14 AM »
 8)
T

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
Damn I miss my 325i I crashed it. :'(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
no clue

but i do like to make myself laugh from time to time, and these kinda posts give me a good chuckle or two

but i am no BigCyp and that's for damn sure

So saying things like "vive la France", "nice ass", "best ___ in the world", etc makes you laugh? That's intriguing...
But on the other hand, many Germans don't understand Dutch jokes either.
What's up with Bigcyp?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 08:02:49 AM »
Damn I miss my 325i I crashed it. :'(

Mechanical karma..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 08:13:59 AM »
So saying things like "vive la France", "nice ass", "best ___ in the world", etc makes you laugh? That's intriguing...
But on the other hand, many Germans don't understand Dutch jokes either.
What's up with Bigcyp?

cyp and chadwick the beta are the 2 funniest dudes here on this site, but word on the streets is that they may be 2 in the same

i just may be the most romantic guy here on this site, although the majority of my lyrics are not my own ;D ;D ;D

i'm curious dp, did you grow up in a macho environment?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »
cyp and chadwick the beta are the 2 funniest dudes here on this site, but word on the streets is that they may be 2 in the same

i just may be the most romantic guy here on this site, although the majority of my lyrics are not my own ;D ;D ;D

i'm curious dp, did you grow up in a macho environment?

LOL, there you have it again "the 2 funniest...", "the most romantic...", Dude, serious, why the idolizing?
I would have preferred to grow up/life in a society where, men are real men & woman are real woman, like South Europe or South America. The Dutch society is far from macho.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
LOL, there you have it again "the 2 funniest...", "the most romantic...", Dude, serious, why the idolizing?

it comes from the u s of a

as children we are taught that we are the fucking best in the whole wide world and that only winners matter

the american thing is... who's the best? who's the winner? don't tell me about 2nd best, coz they don't matter

and this is VERY AMERICAN

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2013, 09:44:46 AM »
it comes from the u s of a

as children we are taught that we are the fucking best in the whole wide world and that only winners matter

the american thing is... who's the best? who's the winner? don't tell me about 2nd best, coz they don't matter

and this is VERY AMERICAN

I'm aware of that mindset, but aren't you exaggerating things? How many Americans on this forums talk in superlatives all the time? Only a few.
Americans became more humble, more human, a good thing.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »
I'm aware of that mindset, but aren't you exaggerating things? How many Americans on this forums talk in superlatives all the time? Only a few.
Americans became more humble, more human, a good thing.

who knows man, i guess that i'm just a competitive guy ;D

btw, it's going quite well with my lady friend, so i must be getting better somehow :)

but yeah, she is a VERY UNDERSTANDING female so i'm very lucky in that regard, coz even my own mother said to me... "dj, if you said to me some of the things you say to your grirlfriends, i'd walk right out the door and never come back" lol

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »
Boring.  Uninspired.  Overpriced.  Overhyped. Same design as every other new vehicle out there.  People willing to pay an extra $20k extra simple because it has the BMW logo on it....and many buyers don't even know what BMW stands for.

But.......this vehicle simply reflects what most people in society are.  Boring.  Uninspired.   These people drive vehicles that match their personalities.  Lack of imagination....lack of innovation....lack of style. Why do you think the Camry and F-150 are the top sellers year in and year out?  

This BMW looks like a Camry anyway.  Yawn inducing.  Insipid.

Hell, people don't even want to wrench on their own cars anymore.  Once they reach a certain mileage on them, they just throw them out like a used refrigerator, in spite of the fact that 95% of the car is still in top shape.  Even the names of the cars nowadays resemble home appliances......125i...w hat a fucking joke.

People are so fucking.......lame.  No sense of adventure at all and risk adverse to everything.  When I take my 'Vette out, I bring a toolbox with me..and more often than not, I don't have a cellphone with me.  'Cause I don't want to have any distractions while I listen to the straight piped smallblock v8 churn out wonderful music.  This scenario would cause most Americans to break out in a cold sweat.

Had to rant.  I know I'm in a very small minority....but if you disagree with me, you're a pussy anyway :D