Author Topic: BMW M235i Uncovered  (Read 8061 times)

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
Re: BMW M235i Uncovered
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »
Boring.  Uninspired.  Overpriced.  Overhyped. Same design as every other new vehicle out there.  People willing to pay an extra $20k extra simple because it has the BMW logo on it....and many buyers don't even know what BMW stands for.

But.......this vehicle simply reflects what most people in society are.  Boring.  Uninspired.   These people drive vehicles that match their personalities.  Lack of imagination....lack of innovation....lack of style. Why do you think the Camry and F-150 are the top sellers year in and year out?  

This BMW looks like a Camry anyway.  Yawn inducing.  Insipid.

Hell, people don't even want to wrench on their own cars anymore.  Once they reach a certain mileage on them, they just throw them out like a used refrigerator, in spite of the fact that 95% of the car is still in top shape.  Even the names of the cars nowadays resemble home appliances......125i...w hat a fucking joke.

People are so fucking.......lame.  No sense of adventure at all and risk adverse to everything.  When I take my 'Vette out, I bring a toolbox with me..and more often than not, I don't have a cellphone with me.  'Cause I don't want to have any distractions while I listen to the straight piped smallblock v8 churn out wonderful music.  This scenario would cause most Americans to break out in a cold sweat.

Had to rant.  I know I'm in a very small minority....but if you disagree with me, you're a pussy anyway :D

100% agree.   BMW = extremely boring cars these days.  Blend in with everything else on the road.
Wait for it....

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

People are so fucking.......lame.  No sense of adventure at all and risk adverse to everything.  When I take my 'Vette out, I bring a toolbox with me..and more often than not, I don't have a cellphone with me.  'Cause I don't want to have any distractions while I listen to the straight piped smallblock v8 churn out wonderful music.  This scenario would cause most Americans to break out in a cold sweat.

im sure a chef says the same exact thing about you as you down your chicken and broccoli for the fourth time today

or a computer nerd when you buy a dell off the shelf

or a fashion freak when you're happy to throw on some levis and a t-shirt

i don't get car enthusiasts... they have to obey the speed limit or risk getting ticketed, just like everyone else.  they have to sit in traffic, just like everyone else.  do you guys routinely go racing around on deserted streets, or what?  why pretend like you're "standing out" with your cool car, when in fact you're using it to do the exact same thing as everyone else? ??? at least the people who buy them to show off their wealth are, in fact, standing out in exactly the way they want to.

from my point of view, you seem little different than gun freaks.  people who obsess over every little detail, spend hours customizing and configuring their guns, rant and rave on message boards about why metal-tube-with-a-firing-pin A is better than metal-tube-with-a-firing-pin B, the value of ammunition... and then, they use them to shoot little paper bulls-eyes from 50 feet away... what a thrill-ride ::)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
i drive a shitty kia

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »
i drive a shitty kia

It brings you from A to B, nothing wrong with that

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »
If Parker put 1/10 the amount of time into women he puts into cars he'd have an entire harem at his disposal.
He'd be the QuickerBlade of the east coast.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
If Parker put 1/10 the amount of time into women he puts into cars he'd have an entire harem at his disposal.
He'd be the QuickerBlade of the east coast.

You ever thought cars might part of Parker's getbig persona like QuickBlade's harem of women. 

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
Looks like a Japanese car, other than that grill.

This....BMW lost the plot about 5 years ago, styling wise.

Ford makes better looking cars than BMW these days.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »
This....BMW lost the plot about 5 years ago, styling wise.

Ford makes better looking cars than BMW these days.

No way, the Fusion is better than the 5 Series.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
No way, the Fusion is better than the 5 Series.

We are comparing a mid 30K car to a 60K car....it should make it look like a shitbox and it doesn't. I just googled images of both and for the money the Ford kills it...I like it better period based on looks, much cleaner, crisper lines. BMWs have gotten too rounded off and busy IMO.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »
We are comparing a mid 30K car to a 60K car....it should make it look like a shitbox and it doesn't. I just googled images of both and for the money the Ford kills it...I like it better period based on looks, much cleaner, crisper lines. BMWs have gotten too rounded off and busy IMO.

???

"crisp"ness of lines in a car?

i see what you're saying as far as "for being twice the price, the 5 series doesn't really look that much better", but that's about it.

i never liked bmw either, though.  as far as i'm concerned, they've always been bland.  then again, you only have so much leeway to work with, considering you're going to be driving these things down the same freeways as everyone else, thus any crazy design is going to make you stand out way too much.

just more proof luxury cars are pretty much a joke.  it's like buying a new suit, but there is no dorsia... only mcdonalds.

all the real "luxuries" can be had in much cheaper cars anyway.  my friend drives a 2009 camery hybrid... nice leather seats, heating options out the ass, the same GPS you'd find in any lexus model, automated everything, a feature list a mile long.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2013, 12:25:17 AM »
Bmw's are driven by shitty people these days.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »
Instead, I really like the new line of volvos .. Powerful looking cars.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »
cyp and chadwick the beta are the 2 funniest dudes here on this site, but word on the streets is that they may be 2 in the same

i just may be the most romantic guy here on this site, although the majority of my lyrics are not my own ;D ;D ;D

i'm curious dp, did you grow up in a macho environment?

If the lyrics under your Avatar are yours....you just might define cliched.

Woman : flower....welcome,to a horny 16 year olds poetry.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »
I just beat the piss out of a Ford Pinto with a ball bat.

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 02:03:27 AM »
I drive a Lexus,and it's truly one of the best cars I've ever driven. I do think the new 4 series looks sexy,but I think I'll buy a new model GS,before I'd buy a BMW

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 02:20:03 AM »
If the lyrics under your Avatar are yours....you just might define cliched.

Woman : flower....welcome,to a horny 16 year olds poetry.

not mine, they were penned by a canadian fella called Dave Richardson

and here's one of the best love songs ever IMO

"Romance and all its strategy leaves me battlin' with my pride
But through the insecurity some tenderness survives"

pure honesty right there :)

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »
not mine, they were penned by a canadian fella called Dave Richardson

and here's one of the best love songs ever IMO

"Romance and all its strategy leaves me battlin' with my pride
But through the insecurity some tenderness survives"

pure honesty right there :)

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

The men who love you

You hate the most

They  pass right through you

Like a ghost

My love...youre so cruel.

I'm not much for Sappy shit.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 02:35:11 AM »
well, quite honestly (and i hate to fucking say this >:() these "romantic love songs" are rather fairy tales

yeah women like some softness and tenderness sometimes, but they also want a man that they can depend upon and who will provide for them and give them what they need (ie. security and faithfullness, and not just sweet romance)

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 02:44:15 AM »
well, quite honestly (and i hate to fucking say this >:() these "romantic love songs" are rather fairy tales

yeah women like some softness and tenderness sometimes, but they also want a man that they can depend upon and who will provide for them and give them what they need (ie. security and faithfullness, and not just sweet romance)

Yup. You don't have to be rich, that's a rationalization. "i can't get the hot chicks cuz I'm not loaded"...maybe youre just a prick.

Heres two tips for you. Women dont like sappy, spineless men who talk about love constantly. Its,gay.

When you meet a woman talk to them like you already know them, and have every right to be conversing with them.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:15 AM »
Boring.  Uninspired.  Overpriced.  Overhyped. Same design as every other new vehicle out there.  People willing to pay an extra $20k extra simple because it has the BMW logo on it....and many buyers don't even know what BMW stands for.

But.......this vehicle simply reflects what most people in society are.  Boring.  Uninspired.   These people drive vehicles that match their personalities.  Lack of imagination....lack of innovation....lack of style. Why do you think the Camry and F-150 are the top sellers year in and year out?  

This BMW looks like a Camry anyway.  Yawn inducing.  Insipid.

Hell, people don't even want to wrench on their own cars anymore.  Once they reach a certain mileage on them, they just throw them out like a used refrigerator, in spite of the fact that 95% of the car is still in top shape.  Even the names of the cars nowadays resemble home appliances......125i...w hat a fucking joke.

People are so fucking.......lame.  No sense of adventure at all and risk adverse to everything.  When I take my 'Vette out, I bring a toolbox with me..and more often than not, I don't have a cellphone with me.  'Cause I don't want to have any distractions while I listen to the straight piped smallblock v8 churn out wonderful music.  This scenario would cause most Americans to break out in a cold sweat.

Had to rant.  I know I'm in a very small minority....but if you disagree with me, you're a pussy anyway :D

I agree with you. The styling on BMW is bland and just another box car. A Camry has equal box car looks and if you change the oil you will get 200k out of it with little trouble. Can that be said for a BMW? Corvettes are one of the American dream cars. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 08:58:07 AM »
who knows man, i guess that i'm just a competitive guy ;D

btw, it's going quite well with my lady friend, so i must be getting better somehow :)

but yeah, she is a VERY UNDERSTANDING female so i'm very lucky in that regard, coz even my own mother said to me... "dj, if you said to me some of the things you say to your grirlfriends, i'd walk right out the door and never come back" lol

Being a competitive person and classifying other things/people are two different things.
Your mother seems someone with decent values, so pay attention to what she says.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »
Being a competitive person and classifying other things/people are two different things.
Your mother seems someone with decent values, so pay attention to what she says.

i'm trying dude, really i am

but i'm a bit of an emotional guy so it's real hard to control myself sometimes and i say such stupid fucking shit to the women i like (just like a true dumbfuck) ??? :-X >:( :(

i've also got a very good female friend that i've known for awhile now, and she is also a good influence on me as she kinda knows how to keep me in line, so i guess that i'm kind of a lucky guy :)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »
Yup. You don't have to be rich, that's a rationalization. "i can't get the hot chicks cuz I'm not loaded"...maybe youre just a prick.

Heres two tips for you. Women dont like sappy, spineless men who talk about love constantly. Its,gay.

When you meet a woman talk to them like you already know them, and have every right to be conversing with them.

Well, no woman you'd want to be with.