Author Topic: Bachmann is already buying up airtime for 2014  (Read 1402 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bachmann is already buying up airtime for 2014
« on: May 16, 2013, 09:52:57 PM »

After a close race in 2012, the Minnesota Republican is buying TV ads 18 months early

BY JILLIAN RAYFIELD

Eighteen months before the 2014 midterm elections, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is already buying TV ads for her re-election campaign.

From the National Journal:

Beginning Thursday, Bachmann’s campaign will air 31 30-second spots on KMSP, a local Fox affiliate, for $14,565 over the course of 12 days, according to the filing. A Democratic source tracking the buy said Bachmann’s total TV reservation across all channels was $85,000. The Fox contract lists Bachmann’s buyer as Crossroads Media, an Alexandria-based firm that counts Bachmann among their clients. Crossroads would not confirm the buy, say if time had been purchased on other stations as well, or describe the contents of the advertising; the firm cited a company policy against talking to the media. Operatives with connections to Bachmann would not confirm the buy.

Bachmann, who is facing a host of ethics investigations related to her 2012 presidential run, only narrowly beat out her Democratic opponent Jim Graves in 2012. Graves has said he will run again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Bachmann is already buying up airtime for 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 03:55:40 PM »
Please Republicans, can you nominate a moderate non-religious fanatic candidate who isn't in the pocket of every major corporation for president? Will you nominate a candidate who doesn't want to waste billions on foreign wars because of a religious zeal to destroy evil doers. Reps I'm not asking for much and Im willing to give you a chance but only if you meet me in the middle.  I promise if you do that I will vote for him/her.  If not,  I'm staying home and nobody will get my vote. 
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
I'd like to see a Herman Cain - Fred Thompson team.

::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »
Please Republicans, can you nominate a moderate non-religious fanatic candidate who isn't in the pocket of every major corporation for president? Will you nominate a candidate who doesn't want to waste billions on foreign wars because of a religious zeal to destroy evil doers. Reps I'm not asking for much and Im willing to give you a chance but only if you meet me in the middle.  I promise if you do that I will vote for him/her.  If not,  I'm staying home and nobody will get my vote. 
x2, but it will never happen. The rebulican establishment is too deeply entrenched, they pick tbeir candidates, not the citizens, and im fairly sure they have no desire to give up that power.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »
I'd like to see a Herman Cain - Fred Thompson team.

both were moderately competent - not really well versed on most of the topics.  this was proven time and time again.

Cain's answer on libya was "9 9 9 " or something lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »
both were moderately competent - not really well versed on most of the topics.  this was proven time and time again.

Cain's answer on libya was "9 9 9 " or something lol

9 9 9 would be better than the mess we have now that has obama on the brink of impeachment

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »
9 9 9 would be better than the mess we have now that has obama on the brink of impeachment

no one can troll like you, 1 million posts of pure troll.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »
Thompson exudes phoniness. Unbeliebable, the idiots that thought that guy was legit.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »
A big parade of phony people...going from one stuffed-shirt liar to the next.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
Just saw Thompson on a commercial.  It made me think about the absurdity of it all.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
Certain Democratic strategists seem to think Bachmann's presence is optimal since fundraising efforts involving her stupidity are very effective. In effect, they want to stay an additional seat down in the House (since the marginal impact of gaining one seat is minimal) in exchange for extra cash to send to a variety of party efforts.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 06:02:21 AM »
Michele Bachmann said yesterday that "since the IRS is the enforcer of Obamacare, it it reasonable to ask if they might deny healthcare to Conservatives."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 06:25:05 AM »
Bachmann on why she worked for IRS: “First rule of war is `know your enemy’”

This is fun. Michele Bachmann, on the campaign trail today, offered what seems to be a new explanation for her previous work as a lawyer for the Internal Revenue Service, something that has drawn some ire from the right.

Her explanation: She worked for the IRS as a kind of secret anti-tax mole whose mission was to get to know the place in order to better undermine it later. As she put it: “The first rule of war is `know your enemy.’”

This explanation seems a bit at odds with descriptions of the episode she’s given on previous occasions, when she’s said her anti-tax fervor was the result of her work for the IRS. This version on the trail explains her work for the IRS — which spanned four years, from 1988-1992 — in a way that will be more acceptable to hard-core anti-tax conservatives.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/bachmann-on-why-she-worked-for-irs-first-rule-of-war-is-know-your-enemy/2011/03/03/gIQAmVD6NJ_blog.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 07:16:38 AM »
After a close race in 2012, the Minnesota Republican is buying TV ads 18 months early

BY JILLIAN RAYFIELD

Eighteen months before the 2014 midterm elections, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is already buying TV ads for her re-election campaign.

From the National Journal:

Beginning Thursday, Bachmann’s campaign will air 31 30-second spots on KMSP, a local Fox affiliate, for $14,565 over the course of 12 days, according to the filing. A Democratic source tracking the buy said Bachmann’s total TV reservation across all channels was $85,000. The Fox contract lists Bachmann’s buyer as Crossroads Media, an Alexandria-based firm that counts Bachmann among their clients. Crossroads would not confirm the buy, say if time had been purchased on other stations as well, or describe the contents of the advertising; the firm cited a company policy against talking to the media. Operatives with connections to Bachmann would not confirm the buy.

Bachmann, who is facing a host of ethics investigations related to her 2012 presidential run, only narrowly beat out her Democratic opponent Jim Graves in 2012. Graves has said he will run again.

Doesn't surprise me.  Seems like the campaigning dates keep getting pushed back further and further.  It's like retailers with Christmas decorations...they seem to keep putting them out earlier and earlier.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 07:21:05 AM »
Michele Bachmann said yesterday that "since the IRS is the enforcer of Obamacare, it it reasonable to ask if they might deny healthcare to Conservatives."

Are you fucking serious? These things came our of her mouth? Jesus fucking Christ....

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 07:26:01 AM »
Are you fucking serious? These things came our of her mouth? Jesus fucking Christ....

Yeah, she's hot...but has said some incredibly stupid things.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »

What is so far fetched about ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »
bachmann's funniest moment was hiding in the bushes lol

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 11:31:42 AM »
What is so far fetched about ?

Nothing according to your thought process.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »

Imagine if she said something really crazy about a month ago like:  I'm concerned the Obama adminstration might use the IRS to target political opponents and might secretly spy on the Associated Press. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »
Weird to buy up all that time.  Then this.  Definitely didn't plan on it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 07:09:35 AM »
Weird to buy up all that time.  Then this.  Definitely didn't plan on it.

Probably a scandal looming and knows she will lose.   She is not dumb at all and leaving on her own terms. 

I still like her a lot - gets right in the fire with anyone.