Author Topic: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53  (Read 73975 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: More Crossfit Nonsense
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Crossfit is for fags that can't lift heavy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »
I just do not understand why you cannot go into the gym and just lift weights?

What with all this "Insanity" P90X workouts, crossfit workouts, etc? It appears to be a seriously marketing ploy so people can get rich. You can easily achieve the same results with a $20.00 gym membership per month.
X

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2013, 09:49:09 AM »
The real crossfit  8)       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:09 AM »
I just do not understand why you cannot go into the gym and just lift weights?

What with all this "Insanity" P90X workouts, crossfit workouts, etc? It appears to be a seriously marketing ploy so people can get rich. You can easily achieve the same results with a $20.00 gym membership per month.

The home workouts are good if you are stuck athome and want to follow something w minimal equipment. 

The cross fit stuff i see just looks like you are begging for injury

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »

it's like AJ's old circuit training protocol, except most trainees don't attempt to add weight to the bar

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
not bad numbers actually, especially since european judging is much stricter than american judging

when you say 74 kg class do you mean that you weighed 74 kg in the 75 kg class?

i'd make the 67.5 kg class coming down from about 73 kg and i'd make that weight in less than 24 hours just took a double dose of laxatives the night before weigh-in and i didn't eat or drink anything for about 16 hours prior to weigh-in (no diuretics were used)

No, there's 74kg class here. IPF changed weight classes like 2 years ago.

Polish judging is stricter than international judging. I squat ATG. I weighted in at 72.8kg actually, dehydrated like fuck.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
I see all the CF people at the races and they are like a little clic.  Dont see how well it helps them

Last one  I did, which was my first one - i got top 13% out of 10,000 racers just doing my own mish mash of stuff. 

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »
I`m selling a new line of crossfit outdoor cardio and strength training equipment, for only $425.00 I will ship one of our custom built steel units directly to your home. Guaranteed to build strength and speed in only minutes a day, for best results use for about an hour every 4 or 5 days.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2013, 10:03:49 AM »
The home workouts are good if you are stuck athome and want to follow something w minimal equipment. 

The cross fit stuff i see just looks like you are begging for injury

Exactly. I mean, if you have a newborn at home, then its fine to do that stuff. Working out is better than not working out.

I hear people talking about P90X insanity workouts, etc. They all tell me I should try it. I just smile and say, "no thanks." They all claim that it is such a hardcore work out.  :-\ :-\
X

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2013, 10:04:38 AM »
No, there's 74kg class here. IPF changed weight classes like 2 years ago.

Polish judging is stricter than international judging. I squat ATG. I weighted in at 72.8kg actually, dehydrated like fuck.

so what's the next class down? is it still 67.5 kg?

and what kind of pull style you use?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »
Exactly. I mean, if you have a newborn at home, then its fine to do that stuff. Working out is better than not working out.

I hear people talking about P90X insanity workouts, etc. They all tell me I should try it. I just smile and say, "no thanks." They all claim that it is such a hardcore work out.  :-\ :-\

They are good for what they are - home workouts if you dont know what to do or seek something you cant do on your own

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
Nothing could be further from the truth cankles.  Show me how I am the stereotypical one....

1) I blast a lot of idiocy that has come out of it
2) I rip on the terms they use
3) I rip on some of their workouts

Yeah, thats stereotypical   ::)  You whine and cry WAY more about GH15 than we do when someone bring up CF.  
Do you use Kleenex or store brand when you post ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:05 AM »
I`m selling a new line of crossfit outdoor cardio and strength training equipment, for only $425.00 I will ship one of our custom built steel units directly to your home. Guaranteed to build strength and speed in only minutes a day, for best results use for about an hour every 4 or 5 days.

Yes!

This is going to be part of my Slave Labor/Plantation workout

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
Yes!

TA-Fit   - make the home DVD bro! 

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »
Crossfit is just another excuse for people to be elitist or feel like special snow flakes. There is really no purpose to it bbut people don't know better.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

[/quote]

Lmao!!! How sad. Was no one there to fix their form? Embarrassing

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »
Albany Crossfit Strongman The worst weightlifting video in the history of weightlifting ;D

X

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2013, 10:33:02 AM »

you're right. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »
Albany Crossfit Strongman The worst weightlifting video in the history of weightlifting ;D

brutal 

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »

No, but olympic powerlifting has professional trainers who know their stuff! these are experts in regards to biomechanics, nutritions, exercise physiology, etc. The chances of being injured are drastically reduced, as opposed to these so called "expert" crossfit trainers.

How cant you see that difference?

To be fair, this is one of those "fish rots from the head down" things that destroys the whole thing. Originally when Crossfit started it was the head guy, Glassman, plus the logistics guys, and then a small group of coaches. Then as it grew things got worse.

They started offering "box gyms" to coaches, then to regular people, provided that they took Crossfit certificate programs, which at the time were run by mostly real coaches. Now here's where a big part of the bad training and programming started, there was overwhelming demand for these courses.  Some weeks I remember coaches talking about 20 - 30 grand over a weekend. As the money started to roll in, Glassman, the logistics guys, and a couple of the coaches started to offer courses in everything, and more folks were bought in.

This also started to disrupt much of the actual good training advice that was going on there. As more box gyms were bought, and more courses were sold, more of these new trainers started to ask for time to promote their new businesses, and that's when it really started to get shitty. Instead of training that actually was decent, you got a lot of very lack luster trainers that were allowed main page access because of the money they were pumping into the business of Crossfit.

This also caused a balkanization inside of Crossfit that really did it a diservice. As more of these novice trainers were allowed to program Crossfit, the good ones that were there started to speak out against it, and then were branded traitors if they did. It got so bad that a couple of the coaches had troll accounts that they used to correct the bad info that was being put out on the site.

Also Crossfit has always been brand conscious, and it got a whole lot more aggressive with its censorship and insularity during this time. Even the tiniest perceived insult could develop into a multi - page dressing down on the mainsite, sometimes completely wiping out any reference to a person or product in the Crossfit online universe.

If you look at a timespan between 2006 - 2009, you'll see a pretty large split between the better coaches and Crossfit headquarters. This also helps explain why you'll see that a lot of named better coaches are there now sometimes move on to mostly other things, and sometimes just keep the name for marketing purposes.

There is good Crossfit stuff, but you got to dig for it now.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2013, 11:00:23 AM »

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
Crossfit = complete and utter joke. Random shit and an injury waiting to happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »
Crossfit = complete and utter joke. Random shit and an injury waiting to happen.

that is why i stay as far away from CF as possible.  The crap i see screams for an ER

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »
Yes!

Will you hire me for the job of Capt. Davies from Roots?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
Go and do some hard manual labour instead of working yourself into the ground doing random shit.

I have a crossfit gym close to where I live and every time I walk by I see these retards outside torturing themselves doing completely useless stuff. Go work on a farm or something. Do something productive with all that effort. Pathetic.