Author Topic: DOJ on ‘Gays’: ‘Silence Will be Interpreted as Disapproval'  (Read 857 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Following are excerpts from the “DOJ Pride” decree. When it comes to “LGBT” employees, managers are instructed:

“DON’T judge or remain silent. Silence will be interpreted as disapproval.” (Italics mine)
That’s a threat.

And not even a subtle one.

Got it? For Christians and other morals-minded federal employees, it’s no longer enough to just shut up and “stay in the closet” – to live your life in silent recognition of biblical principles (which, by itself, is unlawful constraint). When it comes to mandatory celebration of homosexual and cross-dressing behaviors, “silence will be interpreted as disapproval.”

This lawless administration is now bullying federal employees – against their will – to affirm sexual behaviors that every major world religion, thousands of years of history and uncompromising human biology reject.

Somewhere, right now, George Orwell is smiling.

http://townhall.com/columnists/mattbarber/2013/05/20/doj-on-gays-silence-will-be-interpreted-as-disapproval-n1600777/page/full

Here are some more DOs:

DO “Attend LGBT events sponsored by DOJ Pride and/or the Department, and invite (but don’t require) others to join you.”
DO “Display a symbol in your office (DOJ Pride sticker, copy of this brochure, etc.) indicating that it is a ‘safe space.’”
Are you kidding? Does this administration really think it’s legal to induce managers to “attend LGBT events,” or to “display pride stickers” against their will? That’s compulsory expression. That’s viewpoint discrimination.

That’s unconstitutional.

But there’s more:

“DO use inclusive words like ‘partner,’ ‘significant other’ or ‘spouse’ rather than gender-specific terms like ‘husband’ and ‘wife’ (for example, in invitations to office parties or when asking a new employee about his/her home life).”
Oh, brother.

Sorry. Oh, gender-neutral sibling.

“DO use a transgender person’s chosen name and the pronoun that is consistent with the person’s self-identified gender.”
In other words, lie. Engage in corporate delusion.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Re: DOJ on ‘Gays’: ‘Silence Will be Interpreted as Disapproval'
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
I actually want Alberto Gonzales back...  :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 03:17:37 PM »
U.S. Embassy Flies Rainbow Flag on May 17 for the International Day Against Homophobia...
 US Embassy Talinin Estonia ^ | 5/17/2013

Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013 5:30:33 PM by markomalley

To mark the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO), the U.S. Embassy in Tallinn on May 17 will display the rainbow flag on the Embassy building at Kentmanni 20, Tallinn. IDAHO is an annual event celebrated internationally to counter homophobia and raise awareness of the human rights discrimination faced by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) individuals.

“Flying the flag,” Ambassador Levine said, “is a simple statement of our support for the LGBT community and its struggle for equal rights.” Noting the substantial progress being made, Ambassador Levine added that much of the world has come to understand that sexual orientation is not a choice, that who you love is not a political statement and that personal prejudices, not matter how strongly felt, cannot be used to deny equal protection under the law. IDAHO is a day to celebrate acceptance.”

This year, IDAHO will be observed in almost 90 countries. In Estonia, the Estonian LGBT union will mark the day with events in Tallinn and Tartu, including a panel discussion at 14:00 in Tallinn on the proposed partnership law. The panel discussion will be opened by Ambassador Levine

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
I bet our embassy in Russia won't.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
What the heck is "transphobia"?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »
So, the DoJ is a spy agency, police force, gun smuggler, and reeducation camp, all rolled into one?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »
Oh man..... Orwellian future indeed.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »
Following are excerpts from the “DOJ Pride” decree. When it comes to “LGBT” employees, managers are instructed:

“DON’T judge or remain silent. Silence will be interpreted as disapproval.” (Italics mine)
That’s a threat.

And not even a subtle one.

Got it? For Christians and other morals-minded federal employees, it’s no longer enough to just shut up and “stay in the closet” – to live your life in silent recognition of biblical principles (which, by itself, is unlawful constraint). When it comes to mandatory celebration of homosexual and cross-dressing behaviors, “silence will be interpreted as disapproval.”

This lawless administration is now bullying federal employees – against their will – to affirm sexual behaviors that every major world religion, thousands of years of history and uncompromising human biology reject.

Somewhere, right now, George Orwell is smiling.

http://townhall.com/columnists/mattbarber/2013/05/20/doj-on-gays-silence-will-be-interpreted-as-disapproval-n1600777/page/full

Here are some more DOs:

DO “Attend LGBT events sponsored by DOJ Pride and/or the Department, and invite (but don’t require) others to join you.”
DO “Display a symbol in your office (DOJ Pride sticker, copy of this brochure, etc.) indicating that it is a ‘safe space.’”
Are you kidding? Does this administration really think it’s legal to induce managers to “attend LGBT events,” or to “display pride stickers” against their will? That’s compulsory expression. That’s viewpoint discrimination.

That’s unconstitutional.

But there’s more:

“DO use inclusive words like ‘partner,’ ‘significant other’ or ‘spouse’ rather than gender-specific terms like ‘husband’ and ‘wife’ (for example, in invitations to office parties or when asking a new employee about his/her home life).”
Oh, brother.

Sorry. Oh, gender-neutral sibling.

“DO use a transgender person’s chosen name and the pronoun that is consistent with the person’s self-identified gender.”
In other words, lie. Engage in corporate delusion.

jesus -why don't these reports report this shit IN CONTEXT

the "don't be silent" part was a specific bit of advise for a specific circumstance but you would never know that by reading the article in the link

this is the primary method the right wingers lie to each other in order to gin up anger among the dumber part of the right wing (which is  a large part of them). 

http://libertycounsel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/LGBT_tips_for_managers.pdf

the part about "don't be silent" was suggested in the (probably rare) circumstance that the employee "comes out" to their employer about their sexual orientation and it makes perfect sense in that circumstance that silence could be taken/interpreted as disapproval

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »

I'm coming out of the closet tomorrow (as straight, the new gay)... Wonder how my employer will react? ???

I'll be be deeply offended (and possibly sue someone) if my significant other isn't referred to by a non gender neutral term.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
I'm coming out of the closet tomorrow (as straight, the new gay)... Wonder how my employer will react? ???

I thought you were already out

can you admit the article is very misleading regarding the "be silent" part

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 04:47:42 PM »
::)  What nonsense...in any context.

Who the fuck cares if somebody comes out.

And why would they come out to their employer?

I don't go in telling my boss I fucked the shit out of my wife last night.  oh...yea, I'm hetero.    ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »
If somebody comes into your office to tell you they're gay, there's only ONE appropriate response:

"Big Fucking Deal...get your ass back to work."

:P

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
::)  What nonsense...in any context.

Who the fuck cares if somebody comes out.

And why would they come out to their employer?

I don't go in telling my boss I fucked the shit out of my wife last night.  oh...yea, I'm hetero.    ::)

yeah well the Govt is a huge employer and this is the kind of stuff employers do

no one is talking about bragging about sexual exploits either so great job trying to conflate that to the topic at hand

btw - I agree with you about coming out to their employer which is why I specifically said the probably rare circumstance

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
As others here attest to, the military "celebrates" a series of minority months. I think this one is Asian Pacific Islander month. They pick one day and bring ina speaker or have food. I usually don't go as a rule....unless I get  a month that celebrates the dispicable treatment of the Brits against the Irish or another celebrating sicilians I don't feel a special month is needed. However we are yet to get gay month so we'll see.
L

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 06:18:30 PM »
Some guy just got murdered in the West Village for being gay. I don't give a fuck what the guy does in his own bedroom but we can't have a society where people get away with shit like that.

I hate political correctness more than anyone here but we have to address the climate and situations that help shit like that make sense to crazy motherfuckers.

IMO, all our rights are tied. If he's not safe, neither are we.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
Some guy just got murdered in the West Village for being gay. I don't give a fuck what the guy does in his own bedroom but we can't have a society where people get away with shit like that.

I hate political correctness more than anyone here but we have to address the climate and situations that help shit like that make sense to crazy motherfuckers.

crazy people do crazy shit, you really believe the person that killed him thought he wasnt doing anything wrong?

they knew they were doing something wrong and did it anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »

The POS had a long rap sheet that included attempted murder. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »

Murder is already illegal, so the person who murdered him will, if convicted, go to prison.  Society doesn't tolerate murder.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »
Murder is already illegal, so the person who murdered him will, if convicted, go to prison.  Society doesn't tolerate murder.   

You can't stop people from being crazy.

That's something most of us could agree on, LOL!