Author Topic: 2013 NY Pro - Big Ramy - is he the closest thing to Ronnie Coleman?  (Read 109219 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: 2013 NY Pro - Big Ramy - is he the closest thing to Ronnie Coleman?
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2013, 03:28:54 AM »
LOL. He's a brown brotha (modern Egyptian) close enough...Egypt is in Africa.

so you like my physique too??..

before answering plz note that i have changed my mind and i agree with you now ancient egyptians were black :P

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2013, 03:35:52 AM »

before answering plz note that i have changed my mind and i agree with you now ancient egyptians were black :P

;D

Now that you've said that I just remembered I meant to tell you how awesome your physique is. lol.

I'm still Team Kai but he doesn't have that long to compete at a high level. I'm team Ramy all day. I wanna see this guy at his best. Besides, the brown brothas kill themselves over this sport also and look better than most IFBB guys and get no respect. It starts with Ramy.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2013, 03:36:28 AM »

Right brained abilities, hence artistic drawings on walls hieroglyphics.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »
;D

Now that you've said that I just remembered I meant to tell you how awesome your physique is. lol.

I'm still Team Kai but he doesn't have that long to compete at a high level. I'm team Ramy all day. I wanna see this guy at his best. Besides, the brown brothas kill themselves over this sport also and look better than most IFBB guys and get no respect. It starts with Ramy.

ramy is still very young and has serious size and good shape.. if things go well with him i see no one of the current top pros can stand in his way.. he has what it needs to be the next dominant champ.. must learn some english though lol..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2013, 03:59:42 AM »
Right brained abilities, hence artistic drawings on walls hieroglyphics.

;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2013, 04:20:31 AM »
evan scentopoonani won his pro debut at the NY PRO back in 2009

MR NO CHEST can at least get in condition
GREAT ARMS

solid calves

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
I think much of the criticism of Ramy is that many simply don't like big bodybuilders. Big cartoonish, larger than life bodybuilders. That's fair. But that's not what wins shows. If Samir or Benfatto or Haney stood next to Ramy they would disappear. You might want to look like Paris but that's not how bodybuilding is judged. It's who comes in the biggest and most conditioned. And those two are balanced back and forth. Someone super conditioned and small will lose to someone less conditioned but huge. And vice versa.

"Globs of mass" Exactly! But to say 35 inch + quads has zero shape. Really? How can quads be that big and not have a shape? Who, other that Wolf and Jay's left quad, has such an unworldly quad sweep. And people say he has a thick wide waist. Really? Well, I guess at nearly 300 lbs he isn't going to have a ballerina waist but when people say thick and wide, compared to whom?

I submit that there are few, if any, at that size that have a V taper. Freeman comes to mind but he isn't nearly as thick. Globs of mass? Zero shape?

he doesn't have muscles.......he has balloons.......you know nothing about bbing!!!!!! if this guy was in a lineup with haney and company.....he wouldn't be taken seriously.......his shoulders are squarish and his quads look like they have air blown in them......you are kidding yourself my friend. people like you are ruining the sport!!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2013, 07:34:14 PM »
289 lbs on stage is just sickening, what did Ronnie weigh at his heaviest?
and ronnie looked his best at 248.....

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »
294 in 04.
i love ronnie.....but he looked like hell that year......he looked  his best at 248......he was very impressive in 1996 as well!!

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »
Ramy is good. But compared to Ronnie Coleman in his prime, Ramy aint shit!

He's like a shittier Jean Pierre Fux

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
he doesn't have muscles.......he has balloons.......you know nothing about bbing!!!!!! if this guy was in a lineup with haney and company.....he wouldn't be taken seriously.......his shoulders are squarish and his quads look like they have air blown in them......you are kidding yourself my friend. people like you are ruining the sport!!!

Know nothing about bodybuilding? He just won. And won convincingly. Crushed the competition. Crushed them.

You can complain all you want about me, the judges, the fans not knowing anything about bodybuilding. You can cling longingly and lovingly and wistfully to you 1990s heros. You can say the sport has been ruined. You may not like 747 like shoulder width or quads so huge that they defy comprehension.

Fact is that there are throw backs from the Haney era. Guys like Dareem Charles and Troy Alves. But they all lose. It is them that are not taken seriously. They disappear when they stand next to Ramy or Jay or Kai. Modern bodybuilders know what it takes to win. You don't. So you can complain all you want and pound your spoon on your high chair and say the sport is ruined but at the end of the day you lose and I win.

And nobody matter what anybody says or what kind of pep speech and the "we're all winners" drivel that is spew the reality of the world is that everybody loves a winner and nobody cares about the losers. Ramy goes to the O. The rest stay home.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »

Everybody is shit compared to a prime Ronnie.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

a fairer comparison is to compare him to ronnie's beginnings and not ronnie's prime..

why to compare a new pro who is 26-27 to 8X mr olympia at his best??..

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2013, 11:21:29 PM »
I'm with parker...those delts are fucking comical.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
In certain point of view , you are correct .
Because, i am sure that his muscle hold a lot of fat. If somebody build this size of muscle with chemical in only three years, no way that his muscle is dense. Haney had dense muscle.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »
No density... all fat puffed up fake muscle.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2013, 12:51:15 AM »
I think there is something comical when I see a person so inhumanly huge. But no one who aspires to step onto the Mr. Olympia stage is concerned about being normal. They are and want to be freaks of nature. Whether someone is inspired, awestruck or repulse by their presence they are not ignored. For some, many perhaps, that's important. To make an impact in one way or another. Whether it's knocking out someone in under a minute, having a house so big that it's almost a hike just to walk to the bathroom, skiing down huge cliffs, throwing a quarter ton over your head, driving so fast your skin peels back, standing in front of a crowd of strangers making them double up in laughter.... some just can't stand the thought of being "normal" and part of herd going through the motions of life and dying a nice, quiet and peaceful death.

But you have point. Looked at in a certain it is kind of comical to see someone so huge.

Except when you're the one that's standing next to him.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2013, 03:08:26 AM »
the lot of hate towards the arab kid confirms how good he is :P ;)

especially most of the bad comments are coming from the known arab haters here lol..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2013, 03:09:59 AM »
and i am not saying ramy is flawless or he is better than dorian and ronnie.. no,.. but the guy looks amazing for a new pro. who has good potential to reach the top.. no need to underrate or overrate him..

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2013, 03:12:28 AM »
I think there is something comical when I see a person so inhumanly huge. But no one who aspires to step onto the Mr. Olympia stage is concerned about being normal. They are and want to be freaks of nature. Whether someone is inspired, awestruck or repulse by their presence they are not ignored. For some, many perhaps, that's important. To make an impact in one way or another. Whether it's knocking out someone in under a minute, having a house so big that it's almost a hike just to walk to the bathroom, skiing down huge cliffs, throwing a quarter ton over your head, driving so fast your skin peels back, standing in front of a crowd of strangers making them double up in laughter.... some just can't stand the thought of being "normal" and part of herd going through the motions of life and dying a nice, quiet and peaceful death.

But you have point. Looked at in a certain it is kind of comical to see someone so huge.

Except when you're the one that's standing next to him.

That's great and all.

I'm just saying his delts look like bags of oil, because they do.  other then that i really don't give a crap if be wins 10 Olympias...it's just an observation.  But don't let that stop you from writing more love poems about the dude.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2013, 04:19:41 AM »
That's great and all.

I'm just saying his delts look like bags of oil, because they do.  other then that i really don't give a crap if be wins 10 Olympias...it's just an observation.  But don't let that stop you from writing more love poems about the dude.

"love poems" LOL. I was waiting for one of those comments. It so typical of getbig to criticize. He's a new guy and people here always want to see the worse in him. Is he perfect. Far from it. But compare to what? People want to compare him to a prime Ronnie? The greatest bodybuilder that ever lived. A true freak of nature. Or maybe compare this 26 year old who just won his first pro show with Kai, Dexter or Jay. Seasoned pros and all Mr. Olympia winners (that's right, Kai is a Mr. O). Sure he has some work to do if you compare him, an unknown before the NY Pro, to the very best in the world who have been at it for decades. Kai is what, 38 yrs now? But how about comparing him to Evan, Branch, Cedric, Victor... all world class elite bodybuilders. Then does he seem like a "waste of space"? No potential? All fake muscle?

He's a new face. So like the typical getbigger you sit back and pick him apart. Just like when that bartender, who looked like a smaller version of Bob Paris, gets blasted and then someone lke Shizzo, who doesn't even look like he lifts gets props. That's one of things that I hate about getbig. We were always harsh but surprisingly fair. If someone brought it he got his props. Now it's all about if you're in theright crowd. Shizzo is a vetran poster so it really doesn't matter what he looks like. The new guy who actually looks like abodybuilder gets blasted. "Do you even lift?" LOL.

Shoulders look like bags of oil? You're an advance bodybuilder. Been training for decades and no stranger to juicing. I assume you haven't use any SEO. Now of course I don't expect anybody to match a pro in muscle size but in conditioning it's very doable. In fact, many non competitors have better conditioning than some pros. Why don't you post a pic in the exact same position as Ramy is here and see how your conditioning matches up. Any cuts or striations in your delts? You're the one who always ask people to back up their claims with pics. Show me delts without oil looks like. And no need to post pics of Dex. Dex blows everybody away in conditioning. But bags of oil like Phil Heath don't show any striations.

Igor90

• Getbig II
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2013, 04:20:16 AM »
the lot of hate towards the arab kid confirms how good he is :P ;)

especially most of the bad comments are coming from the known arab haters here lol..

i, for one, am not hating on him, i just think you guys are giving him way too much credit way too soon

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2013, 04:28:00 AM »
i, for one, am not hating on him, i just think you guys are giving him way too much credit way too soon

How can you blame them/us? Bodybuilding's been

BORING AS FUCK

for more than 5 years. We act like someone couldn't breathe for 1 minute and is gasping for fresh air.

Igor90

• Getbig II
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2013, 04:29:00 AM »
How can you blame them/us? Bodybuilding's been

BORING AS FUCK

for more than 5 years. We act like someone couldn't breathe for 1 minute and is gasping for fresh air.

ok, how exactly is ramy a breath of fresh air?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2013, 04:30:41 AM »
ok, how exactly is ramy a breath of fresh air?

If you can't see it then I'm afraid I'm unable to explain. But from reaction of the crowd you can see that there are more people who think just like me.