Author Topic: IRS skank will plead the 5th  (Read 4655 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: IRS skank will plead the 5th
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »
Oklahoma City Bombing, Branch Davidian Standoff, Sandy Hook Massacre, Virginia Tech murders, St Valentine's Day Massacre in the 30's....I'm also checking on the Crusades back in the Dark Ages...might have had Tea Party influence

LOL...this has got to be a trolling gimmick.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
I hope it turns out that the legal hawks say she waived her 5th when she decided to give her little innocence speech.  Then maybe we can get some answers.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »
I hope it turns out that the legal hawks say she waived her 5th when she decided to give her little innocence speech.  Then maybe we can get some answers.

she didn't

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »
she didn't

Yes she did.  Every 2L knows she did. 

She can't claim  "I did nothing wrong"  and than clam up 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »
Yes she did.  Every 2L knows she did. 

She can't claim  "I did nothing wrong"  and than clam up 

I think you're wrong

let's see what happens

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »
I think you're wrong

let's see what happens

She got terrible advice and opened the door for perjury charges

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
sorry but any government official should not be allowed to invoke the 5th amendment when it comes to clarity of what takes place with our tax dollars of "government of the people"

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 04:40:28 AM »
They can jail her though right?  You just can't claim the fifth and walk away from prosecution.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 06:31:52 AM »
Yes she did.  Every 2L knows she did.  

She can't claim  "I did nothing wrong"  and than clam up  

Yes you can....you're allowed to make an opening statement which is what she made.  She claimed 5th Amendment on testimony...flat earther's won't get shit.

Can't even convict her of anymore...Obama will just pardon her

The power of the Prez....deal with it.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 06:35:55 AM »

Yes you can....you're allowed to make an opening statement which is what she made.  She claimed 5th Amendment on testimony...flat earther's won't get shit.

Can't even convict her of anymore...Obama will just pardon her

The power of the Prez....deal with it.

Lol.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 08:22:37 AM »
Alan Dershowitz: IRS Chief Lerner 'Can Be Held in Contempt'
 NewsMax ^ | 05/23/2013 | By Bill Hoffmann

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:12:59 AM

Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service’s embattled director of Exempt Organizations, could be held in contempt of court and jailed for refusing to testify before Congress, civil-rights lawyer Alan Dershowitz says.

"She's in trouble. She can be held in contempt," Dershowitz told "the Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"Congress . . . can actually hold you in contempt and put you in the Congressional jail."

Lerner, grilled Wednesday on the IRS' targeting of conservative organizations, invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination — but not before insisting "I have done nothing wrong."

Her brief statement of innocence has opened a legal Pandora's Box, according to Dershowitz.

"You can't simply make statements about a subject and then plead the Fifth in response to questions about the very same subject," the renowned Harvard Law professor said.

"Once you open the door to an area of inquiry, you have waived your Fifth Amendment right . . . you've waived your self-incrimination right on that subject matter."

He said the fact that Lerner went ahead with her proclamation of could be considered malpractice on the part of her attorney — although it's possible she overruled the advice she received.

"It should never have been allowed. She should have been told by her attorney that the law is clear, that once you open up an area of inquiry for interrogation, you have to respond," he said.

"Now she may have made a political decision that it's worth it to take the risk . . . That's just not the way the law works. It may be the way politics works . . . but she can't invoke the Fifth."

He said the issue goes back to the "bad old days" of McCarthyism, during hearings in which suspected Communists were grilled by the House

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
Would not hit!
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »
Darrell Issa: Lois Lerner lost her rights
 Politico ^ | May 22, 2013 | Rachael Bade

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:34:42 PM by Second Amendment First

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa said embattled IRS official Lois Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights and will be hauled back to appear before his panel again.

The California Republican said Lerner’s Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination was voided when she gave an opening statement this morning denying any wrongdoing and professing pride in her government service.

“When I asked her her questions from the very beginning, I did so so she could assert her rights prior to any statement,” Issa told POLITICO. “She chose not to do so — so she waived.”

Lerner triggered the IRS scandal on May 10 when she acknowledged that the agency wrongly targeted conservative groups applying for a tax exemption. Her lawyer told the House committee earlier this week that she would exercise her Fifth Amendment.

She appeared before Issa’s committee this morning under the order of a subpoena and surprised many by reading a strong statement to the panel.

“I have not done anything wrong,” she said. “I have not broken any laws. I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided false information to this or any other committee.”

Issa dismissed her from the committee room once it became clear she wouldn’t answer questions.

Lerner’s decision to speak at all immediately triggered a dust-up among lawmakers who were confused about whether she gave up her Fifth Amendment protections when she made an opening statement.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), a former federal prosecutor, said Lerner lost her rights the minute she started proclaiming her innocence, and that lawmakers therefore were entitled to question her. But Ranking Democrat Elijah Cummings of Maryland said hearing rules were not like those of a courtroom.

During the incident, Issa did not flat-out say whether or not Lerner had indeed waived her rights but instead tried to coax her into staying by offering to narrow the scope of questions.

By the afternoon, Issa was taking a harder stand.

“The precedents are clear that this is not something you can turn on and turn off,” he told POLITICO. “She made testimony after she was sworn in, asserted her innocence in a number of areas, even answered questions asserting that a document was true … So she gave partial testimony and then tried to revoke that.”

He said he was not expecting that.

“I understand from her counsel that there was a plan to assert her Fifth Amendment rights,” he continued. “She went ahead and made a statement, so counsel let her effectively under the precedent, waive — so we now have someone who no longer has that ability.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »
George Whorewell, master of thread titles... lol

IRS skank...  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »
She's toast.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »
She's toast.

Huh?   She is covering up for obama - promotion soon to Cabinet level position

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
Huh?   She is covering up for obama - promotion soon to Cabinet level position

Will that before or after she is held in contempt of Congress?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
Will that before or after she is held in contempt of Congress?

Boehner and Issa dont have the balls to do that and it wont mean a damn thing.  Remember when Holder was held in contempt?  What did that do 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »
Boehner and Issa dont have the balls to do that and it wont mean a damn thing.  Remember when Holder was held in contempt?  What did that do 

Good point. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
IRS Source: Lerner Placed On Administrative Leave
 national review ^ | 5/23/13 | Eliana Johnson

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:06:19 PM by Nachum

Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service’s director of exempt organizations, has been placed on administrative leave, according to a source in the agency’s Cincinnati office.

Lerner on Thursday afternoon sent an e-mail to employees in the exempt organizations division she oversees stating, “Due to the events of recent days, I am on administrative leave starting today. An announcement will be made shortly informing you who will be acting while I am on administrative leave. I know all of you will continue to support EO’s mission during these difficult times.” She concluded, “I thank you for all your hard work and dedication,” adding, “The work you do is important.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nationalreview.com ...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »
Where is getbig's queer bee pollen legal activist?  

I'm curious to get his take on these new developments.

Strangely, Alan Dershowitz and every other lawyer who has commented on the Lerner situation seems to disagree with Vince Goodrum.

But that's insane because Vince Goodrum once gave a handjob to the foreman of a jury. Fancy Harvard credentials don't match up with Vince's "real world" experience. It's quite obvious that Alan Dershowitz owes Vince Goodrum an apology.  

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »
Where is getbig's queer bee pollen legal activist?  

I'm curious to get his take on these new developments.

Strangely, Alan Dershowitz and every other lawyer who has commented on the Lerner situation seems to disagree with Vince Goodrum.

But that's insane because Vince Goodrum once gave a handjob to the foreman of a jury. Fancy Harvard credentials don't match up with Vince's "real world" experience. It's quite obvious that Alan Dershowitz owes Vince Goodrum an apology.  

What does Alan Dershowitz know? He's only a Harvard Law professor.  ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »
What does Alan Dershowitz know? He's only a Harvard Law professor.  ::)

Indeed. But Alan never lost to Billy Guns in a posedown. Goodrum wins by default.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 07:14:56 PM »
They were saying today that there may be something called a Bivens Suit? that would allow the affected parties to sue these clowns.  But I wasn't clear if the facts in this case apply to that type of suit or not.