Author Topic: Chiropractors more harm than good?  (Read 43469 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Chiropractors more harm than good?
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2013, 12:53:15 AM »
This is off topic:    but, I'm always wondering as to why Dr Dena can get away with her kinky posing pics, selling used thongs, etc...    wouldn't that violate the code of ethics?    Serious question.
Yeah I don't know enuff about that aspect of it.  Its a fine line maybe. I think in a case like that with a grey area meaning she's not causing harm to anyone or doing anything illegal it comes down to a moral issue and those are hard to define.  I think it would be an issue if people or patients complained to her state board that she was doing risque things but I think the boards hands would be tied and open themselves to lawsuit if they took action against her without having clear cut guidelines like "and if u r caught selling soiled panties to schomes etc...." 

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2013, 01:26:59 AM »
how did humans manage to survive for so long without "chiropractors" ?  ::) Probably because they didnt need them. Scam artists, all of them. Why isnt massage considered a medicine too then?
Valid question but retarded argument. Almost no one needs chiropractic to survive.  At least not in the crisis sense. But if all u want to do is survive then u will can also take below the required amount of vitamin D or stay out of the sun enough to get rickets, U will take in below the required amount of vitamin C and get scurvy, u can ingest just enough food so u do not die of starvation, u can drink just enough water so u do not die of dehydration. What is your definition of survive?  I take it you mean that since the human race began up until around 100 years ago when chiropractic was discovered (although the practice of spinal adjusting has been practiced for thousands of years as seen in (srs) Egyptian hieroglyphics in which an ancient Cairo-Practor is seen seen curing cancer and bilking Queen Nephriti's woker's comp fund) that we had not gone extinct without chiropractic before that time.

Stupid argument.  We prolly wouldn't go extinct without cars, nice homes, PCs, exercise, lifting weights, god I could list a million things that we now use that we didn't even have just fifty years ago that we use freely now that have had a positive impact on our qualities of life.  See how dumb your argument is?  Regularly I wouldn't insult anyone by saying that their argument is dumb but u insult me in your next sentence saying that we are all scam artists.  but to each his own.  It doesn't bother me that u feel that way.  ok w me.

Yup, I believe that humans could survive without chiropractic.  But with chiropractic they millions of patients have eased painful daily suffering and improved the quality of their lives.

You want to know the really thing about chiro?  MDs like the ones cutting us down try to belittle what we do.  Like its such a small thing. Because we aren't curing cancer (which by the way no MD has ever cured cancer.  The cancer cases that have been successfully treated by MDs have removed or suppressed cancer cells to the point where the body can take over and heal itself) they joke about us being reduced to some kind of foot massage doctor.  What docs like that do not understand is that to a patient, what we do is a very big thing.  For a patient that has been suffering with horrible sciatic pain daily for years and no relief with traditional medicine to be suddenly pain free after chiro adjustments....yeah...it ain't curing cancer...but to that pt it may as well be.  To the woman with constant migraines that trditional medicine failed to relieve and to be suddenly headache free after that patient forgot what it was to even be headache free...nope...not curing cancer again...but to that patient...may as well be.  

See doc when u belittle us u don't realize that you really belittle yourself.  Who do u think u r convincing when u tell a patient, that has had wonderful results with chiro, when u tell them that we are quacks? Prolly the majority of the time u don't realize that the patient goes right back to their chiro and tells them u ar a fucking asshole.

Anyway, just so u know I'll say it again.  The last thing I'm trying to do is convince uberman or the MDs here bashing us to change their views.

Just want to present a better side to the story.

And I'm not even offended the Docs on here that comment harshly about chiro uberman or anyone else that bashes it.  Hell I'll prolly be bashing someone else in another thread n laffing right along side u guys.

To each his own.  Its not like I'm gonna try to convince a Pepsi lover that Coke is better.  If u r that set against chiro n think we r all scammers then fine.  That's how u feel.

oh yeah. forgot your other question.  Massage is not considered medicine because its not medicine.  They are not doctors. We are. Look at our training.  I personally hate the term chiropractic medicine.  I think its dumb and misleading and completely unnecessary but if u look at the def of medicine I can see why it was adopted not long ago.  I still don't like it though

med·i·cine 
/ˈmedisən/
Noun

1The science or practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease (in technical use often taken to exclude surgery).

2.  A drug or other preparation used for the treatment or prevention of disease. 

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2013, 01:37:08 AM »
My left shoulder its so bad that my whole left arm (muscles) are starting to suffer from it....  some say Chiropractor is the way,while others tell me to stay away from them cause if is a rotator cuff tear it can get worse with some dude pulling,twisting and pushing with a tool,fist etc  injured area.......

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

What do you think ?

WoooSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is hilarious.  How did OPs original question about a shoulder condition spawn all of this?  Funny.  Can someone take a sceen shot of that then stick T Bomz is where the lady is?  This thread needs lightened up!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #203 on: May 27, 2013, 02:02:28 AM »
Slik: I've had a lot of good friendly discussions with some GPs on here who think highly of our profession. There's only been like 2 guys on here who have fallen into the AMA brainwashing and have that alarmist, paranoid attitude about us.

Just as the classic GetBig rule goes, "the guys with the best physiques on here are usually the nicest, coolest posters",...the same principle applies here in regards to the feedback I've gotten from Getbiggers who work in health care. There's much to be said for being confident in who you are, and what you do, and not having to take cheap and insulting digs at others. Ive stated numerous times, I will NOT bash allopathic practitioners. In fact I'm quick to confront one of our colleagues if I hear that sort of childish, immature attitude.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »
Slik: I've had a lot of good friendly discussions with some GPs on here who think highly of our profession. There's only been like 2 guys on here who have fallen into the AMA brainwashing and have that alarmist, paranoid attitude about us.

Just as the classic GetBig rule goes, "the guys with the best physiques on here are usually the nicest, coolest posters",...the same principle applies here in regards to the feedback I've gotten from Getbiggers who work in health care. There's much to be said for being confident in who you are, and what you do, and not having to take cheap and insulting digs at others. Ive stated numerous times, I will NOT bash allopathic practitioners. In fact I'm quick to confront one of our colleagues if I hear that sort of childish, immature attitude.
Are happy endings covered by insurance?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #205 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:33 AM »
Are happy endings covered by insurance?

Your mothers face has been covered by happy endings.  :-*

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
Your mothers face has been covered by happy endings.  :-*

That is why I don't have more siblings  :P

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
That is why I don't have more siblings  :P

:D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2013, 09:09:39 AM »
For not having the slightest doubt about what he does, slik sure writes alot.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
For not having the slightest doubt about what he does, slik sure writes alot.

I just found our who Slik is in real life. He is a wealthy man with a thriving practice and he improves people's lives on a daily basis. You'd be lucky to work in his garden El Cankleito.  ;)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2013, 09:21:38 AM »
I just found our who Slik is in real life. He is a wealthy man with a thriving practice and he improves people's lives on a daily basis. You'd be lucky to work in his garden El Cankleito.  ;)
Calf/ankle  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2013, 09:34:19 AM »
Great, another multibillionaire posting on getbig, awesome.
*yawn* ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
Great, another multibillionaire posting on getbig, awesome.
*yawn* ::)

El Cankleito was crossing the line huh? I didn't mean it bro.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »
Great, another multibillionaire millionaire posting on getbig, awesome.
*yawn* Yeehah!  :D
Fixed. Reason I wrote so much is I've just been screwing around for the last two weeks in my custom beach home (one of four homes across the country) in SoCal lifting at Venice Golds everyday.  Love Getbig cuz it keeps it real. I cant stand the other BB sites that r so censored n gay. Mirin bro?
I dug myself up from meager beginnings. So i have that getbigger attitude. My dad was first gen here n escaped a communist country. The old story of coming here w 20 dollars in his pocket. Raised a family on a shoestring budget n hoped for a better life for his kids. I'm a  self made man who now owns five business that believe me, r far from failing.

Wut this has to do w OPs shoulder is beyond me tho haha

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »
Fixed. Reason I wrote so much is I've just been screwing around for the last two weeks in my custom beach home (one of four homes across the country) in SoCal lifting at Venice Golds everyday.  Love Getbig cuz it keeps it real. I cant stand the other BB sites that r so censored n gay. Mirin bro?
I dug myself up from meager beginnings. So i have that getbigger attitude. My dad was first gen here n escaped a communist country. The old story of coming here w 20 dollars in his pocket. Raised a family on a shoestring budget n hoped for a better life for his kids. I'm a  self made man who now owns five business that believe me, r far from failing.

Meltdown.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
Meltdown.
haha. Yeah you're right. Thot twice about posting that. But it think technically a melt down would involve me being pissed or outraged or sump. I think this whole thread is funny. Prolly a bad move tho cuz I know what its like to be broke and I don't like it when people flaunt there stuff. I guess one part of it was showing that not all chiros r supposed unsuccessful quacks. I have nothing to gain from posting it and will surely incur the wrath of get biggers now. I have found something odd in life tho. If u win millions in the lottery everyone is happy for u and congratulatory. If u work hard everyday of ur life toward ur goals and make it in this world then people hate on u. Funny how that works. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
haha. Yeah you're right. Thot twice about posting that. But it think technically a melt down would involve me being pissed or outraged or sump. I think this whole thread is funny. Prolly a bad move tho cuz I know what its like to be broke and I don't like it when people flaunt there stuff. I guess one part of it was showing that not all chiros r supposed unsuccessful quacks. I have nothing to gain from posting it and will surely incur the wrath of get biggers now. I have found something odd in life tho. If u win millions in the lottery everyone is happy for u and congratulatory. If u work hard everyday of ur life toward ur goals and make it in this world then people hate on u. Funny how that works. 
Outed.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »

Yes, Donald Trump, Bill Gates and Oprah all write like this.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »
Damn it if have never road a motorcycle no use to live anyway.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »
Come get me get biggers. I stand behind every thing I wrote about Chiro but I feel really bad that in defending my personal self that i was a broke phoney I talked about possessions. I shouldn't have. I deserve your wrath.  I remember my mom n dad trying to scrape money together and my mom always doing without just to feed us kids. I know what the pain of being broke feels like. But money is a touchy subject and I should have known better.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
Come get me get biggers. I stand behind every thing I wrote about Chiro but I feel really bad that in defending my personal self that i was a broke phoney I talked about possessions. I shouldn't have. I deserve your wrath.  I remember my mom n dad trying to scrape money together and my mom always doing without just to feed us kids. I know what the pain of being broke feels like. But money is a touchy subject and I should have known better.
Pics of yourself naked in a bathtub covered in 100's or I call bullshit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »

Some of us simply expect a supposedly genuine type of treatment to have at least a single study demonstrating its effectiveness above and beyond the placebo effect -- something I still haven't seen for, e.g., spinal adjustment. Please, if any such studies exist, don't hesitate to link to them.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »
Some of us simply expect a supposedly genuine type of treatment to have at least a single study demonstrating its effectiveness above and beyond the placebo effect -- something I still haven't seen for, e.g., spinal adjustment. Please, if any such studies exist, don't hesitate to link to them.

jeez. There r tons of them. In fact many of the studies funded originally by the medical community intended to discredit Chiro backfired and proved how well it really works.  Maybe Chiro flex or krankenstein can link them. If not ill link to tons of them wen I get back from camping out in my backyard in the pup tent.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »
One thing chiropractors and their very active lobbying arm have done is convince most of the general public that they are essentially medical doctors who simply practice the specialty of "chiropractic" and are no different than doctors who specialize in neurology, orthopedics, radiology, etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. Chiropractors do not attend medical school, which, unlike most law schools for example, is still relatively difficult to get into and requires some modicum of intelligence. Trust me, there's no chiropractic specialty at any legitmate school of medicine.  In fact, most, if not all, chiropractic schools do not even require a college degree for entrance and most states will allow you to be licensed as a Doctor of Chiropractic without a college degree. I'm not saying that a college degree is the be all and end all but how many members of the general public know that their local chiropractor, who goes around calling himself "Doctor," throwing around fancy medical terms, and wearing a stethoscope or other accoutrements of the medical profession, may not have even graduated from college with a liberal arts degree in basket weaving?
If you suddenly find yourself getting ill and someone asks "Is there a doctor in the house?" a chiropractor will do you as much good as an accountant or janitor despite the chiropractors carefully cultivated image of being a "medical professional."
Chiropractic is quackery plain and simple (Google its origins if you don't belive me), that has been given some level of credibility by politicians eager to take chiropractors hefty campaign donations.
Like with everything else, follow the money.  
you have no idea what u r talking about. Hefty political campaign donations. Name just one my friend. Who the heck is trying to convince anyone that a chiropractor is a medical doctor?  I have not seen it. Maybe its true. Link or tell me an example. I don't wear a stethoscope. Do I have one in the office. Yes. We r trained to listen to lungs and heart sounds. Am I a cardio pulmonary specialist? No.  I listen for gross or on obvious abnormalities when examine a pt n refer out if I hear any. Cool story. Young kid came in years ago. He never felt good his entire life. Thing was and I don't know how, he had a heart murmur which was never detected. I heard it. I referred him out.  Apparently he upon examination his condition was so severe he required almost immediate surgery. He's like thirty now and still sees me and to this day he always says I'm the guy who saved his life. Have tons of stories like that where I've found Ab aneurysms on xray, cancers. I could give hundreds of examples. I'm a I medical doc?  Heck no. Never said I was n don't want to be. If a Chiro is claiming to be one which I don't know why they would the I would understand why mds wouldn't like us.

By the way, if u r implying that having a stethoscope means we r claiming to be mds, a vet carries a stethoscope, a nurse carries one. I have an old friend who is a retired ford mechanic that used to use one listening to car engines. Just using or possessing a stethescope doesn't mean we r implying we r mds.

Funny thing about the Internet. If u have a pleasant experience with something odds r usually not write about it. But if u have a negative experience u will write and write and write. That's why most of the Internet is so negative. For every negative comment about Chiro on the net there a thousands if not millions of glowing silent experiences.

Check it out. In this day and age the argument about wether Chiro works or not is so over. Usually the people cutting down on it have an ad to grind or have an ulterior motive or r just ignorant.  

Maybe a person truly did have a bad personal experience w a Chiro. If so go to another Chiro or ask around till u find a good one. I always tell patients, if a person has a bad experience with a medical doc they immediately find another dr. But if a person has a bad experience with a Chiro they say Chiropractic sux.

Anyway, there r now team chiros for nearly every branch of sports. Nba, nfl, NHL etc. it works people.

Oh yeah. Don't believe this guy about lobbyists n big donations. Truth is the chiropractic associations survive on a shoes string. The associations that represent us and for love em, r broke in comparison to the real lobbyists in the health care arena. The only reason that we ever get any foothold such as insurance equality etc is be aside the public demands it.

Thinks about it.  Who would find chiropractic?  We don't use much.  An xray machine, some tables. But we mainly use our hands n they don't cost anything.

The real money is in high tech surgical equipment, building big hospitals, the multi billion dollar drug industry.

The Chiro assoc are unfortunately like David was to Goliath when it comes to that.

Okay, I gotta go use the outhouse and throw another log on the fire.

(GDAM iPhone. I'm not going back n fixing all that fn autocorrect bulshit.)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2013, 09:48:55 AM »
They knit sweaters as well and sell them.