Author Topic: LOL... the latest hypocrites for the week  (Read 1280 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
LOL... the latest hypocrites for the week
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:20:46 AM »
First off the bat we have GOP Senator Infoe, explaining why he voted for the OK aid and against Sandy aid said, "tornados are different from hurricanes." Well, that explains it all.

Next up...

The mayoral candidate in N. Miami, who announced that she had been endorsed by Jesus Christ, came in dead last, with 56 votes. To rub salt in the wound, the winner was a gay man.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Anna-Pierre-North-Miami-Mayoral-Candidate-Claims-She-Was-Endorsed-by-Jesus-Christ-207341981.html

I have never understood exactly how a hypocrites mind works. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: LOL... the latest hypocrites for the week
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:34:17 AM »

The mayoral candidate in N. Miami, who announced that she had been endorsed by Jesus Christ, came in dead last, with 56 votes. To rub salt in the wound, the winner was a gay man.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Anna-Pierre-North-Miami-Mayoral-Candidate-Claims-She-Was-Endorsed-by-Jesus-Christ-207341981.html

How is this hypocritical? Should I be surprised that you don't even know the definition of the word?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
Queers are abominations.  Everybody knows that God hates them.  Yet a personally endorsed and hand picked candidate by Jesus couldn't beat one.

Should I be surprised you don't even see the fallacy of this?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:53:55 AM »
Queers are abominations.  Everybody knows that God hates them.  Yet a personally endorsed and hand picked candidate by Jesus couldn't beat one.

Should I be surprised you don't even see the fallacy of this?

She claimed to be endorsed by Jesus. Do you have proof that this was the case?

You clearly don't know the definition of the word.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »
Do you have any proof that she wasn't endorsed by Jesus as she claimed?

Seeing how religion is involved I will understand it if you think she is a liar. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
Do you have any proof that she wasn't endorsed by Jesus as she claimed?

Seeing how religion is involved I will understand it if you think she is a liar. 

I'm an atheist so I couldn't care less. You claimed she's a hypocrite so the onus is on you to prove it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 09:35:15 AM »
I knew these Republicans would be begging for hand outs..I mean disaster relief funds.   I'm not going to argue the definition of the word hypocrisy but it is pretty sad that he wants hand outs for his state while denying them for other states.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »
I knew these Republicans would be begging for hand outs..I mean disaster relief funds.   I'm not going to argue the definition of the word hypocrisy but it is pretty sad that he wants hand outs for his state while denying them for other states.

now you know how the repub mind works  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
I'm an atheist so I couldn't care less. You claimed she's a hypocrite so the onus is on you to prove it.

The fact that a filthy abomination who will never know Gods acceptance came in first while the candidate claiming that the source of infinite power personally endorsed her finished dead last is proof enough.

That's not even considering the fact that she claims voodoo is the reason she lost.   Blaming one religion for your failure while depending on another religion for your success?  Hypocrite. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
now you know how the repub mind works  ;D

It works?   ;D. I kid, I kid.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 11:24:23 AM »
The fact that a filthy abomination who will never know Gods acceptance came in first while the candidate claiming that the source of infinite power personally endorsed her finished dead last is proof enough.

That's not even considering the fact that she claims voodoo is the reason she lost.   Blaming one religion for your failure while depending on another religion for your success?  Hypocrite. 
That's irony bro, not hypocrisy.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 12:19:16 PM »
Blaming / condemning others for something that one is engaging in him/her self is hypocrisy.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 12:33:08 PM »
First off the bat we have GOP Senator Infoe, explaining why he voted for the OK aid and against Sandy aid said, "tornados are different from hurricanes." Well, that explains it all.

Next up...

this is Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe and he's a complete piece of shit

It's not that Tornadoes are different than Hurricane's it's just that when it happens to someone else's state it's different than when it happens to his state

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »

Next up...

Maybe that's because you're misusing the word.  Like Shockwave said, this is irony, not hypocrisy.  Hypocrisy is not practicing what you preach. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »
Definition of HYPOCRITE
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

She put on a false endorsement of one religion for the sole purpose of winning an electoral race.  Upon losing, rather than admitting that perhaps her deity either didn't give a shit about politics, didn't give a shit about her, and/or possibly a combination of both... instead she just pointed the finger at another religion.

Maybe if she claimed Xenu endorsed her, she would actually get to 1% of votes received.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »
Definition of HYPOCRITE
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

She put on a false endorsement of one religion for the sole purpose of winning an electoral race.  Upon losing, rather than admitting that perhaps her deity either didn't give a shit about politics, didn't give a shit about her, and/or possibly a combination of both... instead she just pointed the finger at another religion.

Maybe if she claimed Xenu endorsed her, she would actually get to 1% of votes received.

How do you know she was lying about her faith? 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
I think it is hypocrisy.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
I think it is hypocrisy.

Based on what? 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »
Based on what? 

Doing one thing, such as voting against disaster aid based, and then doing the exact opposite when the disaster is in your state.   If say something is wrong and then go ahead and do it, that makes you a hypocrite.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
Doing one thing, such as voting against disaster aid based, and then doing the exact opposite when the disaster is in your state.   If say something is wrong and then go ahead and do it, that makes you a hypocrite.

Ok.  I pretty much agree.  Thought you were talking about the lady from Florida.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »
How do you know she was lying about her faith? 

How do you know she wasn't?  Do you really think that Jesus endorsed her?  It's ok to admit it.  50 other idiots in Miami thought so too apparently.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
How do you know she wasn't?  Do you really think that Jesus endorsed her?  It's ok to admit it.  50 other idiots in Miami thought so too apparently.

I don't know the woman and don't know anything about her.  But you said this:

She put on a false endorsement of one religion for the sole purpose of winning an electoral race.

How do you know this? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
LOL

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »
I don't know the woman and don't know anything about her.  But you said this:

How do you know this? 

How do I know that the Jeebus really didn't endorse her?  Are you seriously asking me this?

For the sake of your rhetorical argument, let's just say he did endorse her.  How so?  Did he send her an email?  A text?  A burning bush?  Or whisper in her ear? 

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 04:28:37 PM »
How do I know that the Jeebus really didn't endorse her?  Are you seriously asking me this?

For the sake of your rhetorical argument, let's just say he did endorse her.  How so?  Did he send her an email?  A text?  A burning bush?  Or whisper in her ear? 

::)

Yes, I am asking you how you (not me) concluded that she was lying about her endorsement, faith, etc.  It's your contention, not mine.  I have no idea if she was genuine.  I don't think you do either, but maybe you know something about her that I don't.