Author Topic: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting  (Read 210751 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »
The pro Ashtray crowd on the board seems to be suggesting that by virtue of questioning Martin and walking next to him, Zimmerman deserved to get his ass kicked. After all, Martin was not doing anything illegal. Zimmerman had it coming.

Here is the inverse application of the same logic: Martin deserved to be shot. After all, Zimmerman was not doing anything illegal. Martin attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman defended himself. Martin had it coming.

The point of the matter is that you can't have it both ways. If the first set of circumstances fits, so does the second.

Good point.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
Don't forget the illogical conclusion and evidence that Trayvon broke drug laws THAT DAY as evident by the trace amounts of pot found in his system.

Talk about a lynch mob... some on here just want Zimm to found innocent for no other reason than to justify their own biased viewpoint.

Myself, I think it's a matter of certain people feeling threatened by young black kids on a daily basis, and this case has become a vicarious outlet for them.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »
The pro Ashtray crowd on the board seems to be suggesting that by virtue of questioning Martin and walking next to him, Zimmerman deserved to get his ass kicked. After all, Martin was not doing anything illegal. Zimmerman had it coming.

Here is the inverse application of the same logic: Martin deserved to be shot. After all, Zimmerman was not doing anything illegal. Martin attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman defended himself. Martin had it coming.

The point of the matter is that you can't have it both ways. If the first set of circumstances fits, so does the second.

Perhaps.  However I have never said that Trayvon didn't deserve to be shot.  I have always said that this shouldn't be a case of Stand Your Ground law when it was Zimmerman that provoked the conflict by following this kid who was doing nothing more than minding his own business.  Clearly if you are doing something that the other person may think is threatening to their safety, when they start whooping your ass then you just need to suck it up and take it.  If Zimmerman wasn't trying to be a one man patrol unit, then neither of them would be where they are now.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2013, 03:19:08 PM »
Myself, I think it's a matter of certain people feeling threatened by young black kids on a daily basis, and this case has become a vicarious outlet for them.

Exactly.  Their insecurity/inferiority complex will not allow them to actually entertain the notion that perhaps Trayvon did nothing that warranted a death sentence at the hands of someone that clearly had anger management issues. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »
Luckily for Zimmerman, there are a lot of ignorant bigots around.  There are so many, in fact, that he actually stands a fair chance of getting a jury loaded with them.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »
Exactly.  Their insecurity/inferiority complex will not allow them to actually entertain the notion that perhaps Trayvon did nothing that warranted a death sentence at the hands of someone that clearly had anger management issues. 

I'd say you hit it, right here.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »
What do you call such selfish risk of others' lives, Tony?
you mean following someone?

following someone is selfish risk of others lives?

LMFAO

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
you mean following someone?

following someone is selfish risk of others lives?

LMFAO

I am talking about directing oneself toward known potential conflict, while armed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
LOL at lurker and jack, how about some ppl just want to see the evidence instead of jumping to conclusions with what ifs and making up "facts"?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
I am talking about directing oneself toward known potential conflict, while armed.
by this definition no one with a concealed carry would be able to question anyone...

youre a grade a fucking moron

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »
by this definition no one with a concealed carry would be able to question anyone...

youre a grade a fucking moron

...with or without the death, Tony?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »
...with or without the death, Tony?
both by your idiocy...

its idiotic to think that zimmerman briefly following trayvon constitutes "evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life"?

if you have other evidence then please give it, otherwise why dont we wait until condemning evidence to come out before you condemn him

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »
will the fact zimmerman had such a violent and fcked up past MATTER to jurors?

I mean, if the local priest had a run-in with trayvon and shot him, would things be the same?

Should, and does, it matter that zimmerman had several run-ins with the law and was obviously and provably a violent guy?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
will the fact zimmerman had such a violent and fcked up past MATTER to jurors?

I mean, if the local priest had a run-in with trayvon and shot him, would things be the same?

Should, and does, it matter that zimmerman had several run-ins with the law and was obviously and provably a violent guy?
thats up to the jury to decide either way thats not proof of anything....

should it matter to the jury that trayvon was a violent drug user?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
both by your idiocy...

its idiotic to think that zimmerman briefly following trayvon constitutes "evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life"?

if you have other evidence then please give it, otherwise why dont we wait until condemning evidence to come out before you condemn him

Knowingly directing himself toward potential conflict while armed is doing exactly that.  He was selfishly gambling with the lives of others.  

By his own words, Martin nearly took control and possession of the gun during the fight.  

So how can you say otherwise?  I want an honest answer, Tony.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
Knowingly directing himself toward potential conflict while armed is doing exactly that.  He was selfishly gambling with the lives of others. 

By his own words, Martin nearly took control and possession of the gun during the fight. 

So how can you say otherwise?  I want an honest answer, Tony.
b/c its to broad by that moronic logic anytime a person with a legal concealed carry permit got in an altercation and something like that happend they would be guilty of murder...

youre a fucking moron, you just used his justification for self defense to try and make your idiotic point.

simply briefly following someone is not evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, only a complete and total fucking idiot would buy that shit

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »
b/c its to broad by that moronic logic anytime a person with a legal concealed carry permit got in an altercation and something like that happend they would be guilty of murder...

youre a fucking moron, you just used his justification for self defense to try and make your idiotic point.

simply briefly following someone is not evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, only a complete and total fucking idiot would buy that shit

Something like...?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »
agreed on most, there is no evidence to show tha tmartin was following trayvon with the intent to confront him.

Also there is no evidence to show that martin continued to follow him after being told not to...
i would say that following him shows some confrontational intent.

I can see people disagreeing though.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »
Something like...?
something like being assaulted by another person and defending yourself.

unless you have evidence that it didnt happen like zimmerman said....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »
i would say that following him shows some confrontational intent.

I can see people disagreeing though.
not at all, he could have simply been trying to keep an eye on him...its debateable but unless it can be proven that he intended to not only make contact but to assault trayvon it doesnt constitute murder or even man slaughter to me.

manslaughter is a charge i think the prosecution could have a chance with, second degree murder...its just fuking stupid unless they have evidence not known to the public.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2013, 05:06:10 PM »
something like being assaulted by another person and defending yourself.

unless you have evidence that it didnt happen like zimmerman said....

Are you referring hypothetically to a situation under Florida law, whereby the shooter has knowingly directed himself toward potential conflict while armed?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2013, 05:14:23 PM »
Are you referring hypothetically to a situation under Florida law, whereby the shooter has knowingly directed himself toward potential conflict while armed?
there are potential conflicts EVERYWHERE!!! thats why they created the concealed carry law you fucking retard

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
there are potential conflicts EVERYWHERE!!! thats why they created the concealed carry law you fucking retard

We're talking about one conflict in particular, Tony.