Author Topic: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting  (Read 206346 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

I did think he would....he's fucking nuts not to plead out a deal.  There's no way he's going to walk scott free unless the jury were all KKK members.

If it was me....apologize and say I royally fucked up, get involuntary manslaughter...get about 7 years and be out in about 4 in a minimum security prison.  Would lift weights and have a master's degree by the time I got out.  Best of all, no one would be pissed off to beat my ass

Why would he plead out when there's no way he can get a murder sentence? Not with the evidence that we know of... It seems that if he pleads out he's being silly. There's just no point in him doing so.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:50 AM »
jury may choose murder.  zimm doesnt plead and he may be looking at what, 25 years in prison.

he'll look at his chances and will plead.  He'll be back on the streets in under 5 years with an 8 year sentence.  They'll agree on a country club so he doesn't get ass raped. 

I think no matter what happened that night, the prosecution has boxed zimm into a spot where 5 years at a country club is acceptable - compared with jury deciding to issue their own brand of justice, and leaving him locked up for the next 2 or 3 decades.

I think they are going to hit him with a lesser charge that results in a 6 year sentence which will really be only 3.5 - 4 years once time is shaved off.  Then the Martin family will turn around and win a civil suit against him.  Sort of an OJ type thing...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »
Why would he plead out when there's no way he can get a murder sentence? Not with the evidence that we know of... It seems that if he pleads out he's being silly. There's just no point in him doing so.

If that dude gets on the stand to testify, then he is cooked.  His lawyers better be smart enough to have him taking the 5th and forcing the prosecution to prove he is guilty of their charges rather than the defense trying to spent their time justifying it or trying to prove he is innocent. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »
If that dude gets on the stand to testify, then he is cooked.  His lawyers better be smart enough to have him taking the 5th and forcing the prosecution to prove he is guilty of their charges rather than the defense trying to spent their time justifying it or trying to prove he is innocent. 

His 911 call will be pretty damning against him.   I mean, very often, they have "he said, he dead" and the shooter goes to prison despite having a terrific story.

in this case, we know the shooter was chasing, we know the shooter said the kid was running away.  We hear shooter calling him profanity.  We hear shooter admit he thinks kid is on drugs with something in waistband.

And we will NOT hear the shooter get on the stand - he'll have all this damning evidence of him being the aggressor in situation - but won't be willing to get on stand and explain himself. 

He could walk had he never made that 911 call, and just claimed Trayvon jumped him.  Could, not definite.  IN this case, however, we have his OWN WORDS saying Trayvon was fleeing him, and his own words saying he's in pursuit - PLUS he won't take the stand, so that's all they'll have to judge him.

I think he will plead long before it gets to that.  Some last-minute deal that gives him 7 years or something, at a protective unit... he'll be outta jail before he's 33.   SURE beats chance at 25 years in prison.  He'll take the bid.  His dad's a judge.  This jury shit is all theater.

Anyone agree with me that he'll plead it?]

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2013, 11:05:33 AM »
His 911 call will be pretty damning against him.   I mean, very often, they have "he said, he dead" and the shooter goes to prison despite having a terrific story.

in this case, we know the shooter was chasing, we know the shooter said the kid was running away.  We hear shooter calling him profanity.  We hear shooter admit he thinks kid is on drugs with something in waistband.

And we will NOT hear the shooter get on the stand - he'll have all this damning evidence of him being the aggressor in situation - but won't be willing to get on stand and explain himself. 

He could walk had he never made that 911 call, and just claimed Trayvon jumped him.  Could, not definite.  IN this case, however, we have his OWN WORDS saying Trayvon was fleeing him, and his own words saying he's in pursuit - PLUS he won't take the stand, so that's all they'll have to judge him.

I think he will plead long before it gets to that.  Some last-minute deal that gives him 7 years or something, at a protective unit... he'll be outta jail before he's 33.   SURE beats chance at 25 years in prison.  He'll take the bid.  His dad's a judge.  This jury shit is all theater.

Anyone agree with me that he'll plead it?]

No... because there is no upside to it for him.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2013, 11:14:45 AM »
I still think Zimmerman will plead on the evening before trial begins.

They just want to get the best possible negotiation position based upon the jury.  I'll be surprised if this trial ever happens.  He'll jump at an offer to serve 8 years.

Oh, he will? How is he doing? Did he full you in on their defensive strategy? Did he let you know how the rest of his family is doing?

Oh wait, you mean you don't know him and you've never spoken to him, or anyone of his defensive team? Hmmm..... That's weird, because I could have sworn you just told us exactly what he's going to do.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »
No... because there is no upside to it for him.

No upside?   He's looking at 25 years for murder, isn't he?

Oh, he will? How is he doing? Did he full you in on their defensive strategy? Did he let you know how the rest of his family is doing?

Oh wait, you mean you don't know him and you've never spoken to him, or anyone of his defensive team? Hmmm..... That's weird, because I could have sworn you just told us exactly what he's going to do.....

WTF?  We're on a gossip board, discussing current events.  In this thread, we will talk about the case and trial, if it happens.  I'm predicting the trial won't happen, others are predicting otherwise.

You're yelling at me because I am making a guess on this trial because I don't know him personally?  I'm pretty sure all of us engage in discussion on politics, current events, sports, etc, without actually KNOWING the people involved. 

I am predicting, on a message board.  No, I dont know him.  But 333386 doens't know obama, and he predicts obama will be broke and divorced in 2 years out of office.  SHould he not make predictions?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #457 on: June 20, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »

WTF?  We're on a gossip board, discussing current events.  In this thread, we will talk about the case and trial, if it happens.  I'm predicting the trial won't happen, others are predicting otherwise.

You're yelling at me because I am making a guess on this trial because I don't know him personally?  I'm pretty sure all of us engage in discussion on politics, current events, sports, etc, without actually KNOWING the people involved. 

I am predicting, on a message board.  No, I dont know him.  But 333386 doens't know obama, and he predicts obama will be broke and divorced in 2 years out of office.  SHould he not make predictions?

Yeah, with a family that is inside of the legal system? You really think he doesn't know what's going on? Or that he hasn't had these discussions with his legal team? He is going to walk from a murder charge and people seem to not get this for some reason.

I'm not saying he wasn't an idiot... He was, but he will beat a murder rap... easily.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »

Because they actually speak as if its a possibility, where you always phrase everything like its an absolute, that you somehow kniw beyond the shadow of a doubt and you pass your opinions of as absolute fact all the time, in addition to completely making up facts or twisting them to support your opinion.

Hence :
"He'll jump at an offer to serve 8 years." You, I, no one knows if he'd jump at that or not, especially since he hasn't yet. You'd think with the amount of things that you claimed would happen (but never did, because you had no idea Wtf you were talking about) you would knock that shit off.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »

Makes no difference....Zimmerman is as good as convicted....or he's good as dead.  He's either going to rot in jail or someone is going to take him out.

Yes, it makes a difference.  Did you read the indictment?  They accused Zimmerman of profiling Martin.

If you are trying to say with certainty you know what the jury will do, you are a fool.

But I do agree he might face a modern-day lynch mob if he is acquitted.  Just look at what Spike Lee did.  Comments by Chris Rock, etc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2013, 11:34:05 AM »
I didn't know Zimmerman passed a polygraph.

George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing
June 26, 2012

A day after killing Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman passed a police lie detector test when asked if he confronted the teenager and whether he feared for his life “when you shot the guy,” according to documents released today by Florida prosecutors.

According to a “confidential report” prepared by the Sanford Police Department, Zimmerman, 28, willingly submitted to a computer voice stress analyzer (CVSA) “truth verification” on February 27.  Investigators concluded that he “has told substantially the complete truth in regards to this examination.”

Zimmerman, the report noted, “was classified as No Deception Indicated (NDI).”

Along with questions about whether his first name was George and if it was Monday, Zimmerman was asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”

Before the CVSA test, Zimmerman--who was apparently not accompanied by legal counsel--signed a Sanford Police Department release stating that he was undergoing the examination “voluntarily, without duress, coercion, threat or promise.”

The lie detector test was requested by Chris Serino, a homicide investigator with the Sanford Police Department.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/george-zimmerman-lie-detector-421395

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: June 20, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
Because they actually speak as if its a possibility, where you always phrase everything like its an absolute,

Hey man, sorry if my wording is like that, i'm passionate about that shit.  Dude tried to wreck "stand your ground" for the rest of america.  He ran with a gun into the dark to face a person he claimed was on drugs and had his hand on something in a wasitband... I mean, did he want a gun battle with a cracked-out dude sporting a pistol?  Sure sounds like it (TO ME).

I think he will plead long before it gets to that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »
Six women picked as jurors in George Zimmerman trial
Published June 20, 2013

Six women were chosen Thursday to decide the fate of George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch captain accused of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The six jurors were seated after a nearly two-week long jury selection process, in which potential jurors were grilled about their prior knowledge of the case and their personal beliefs on guns, law enforcement and media coverage of the fatal shooting.

The court also chose four alternates.

The six final jurors are all women – five are white and one is Hispanic.

The racial and ethnic makeup of potential jurors is relevant, prosecutors say. They have have argued that Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer for his gated community in Sanford, Fla., profiled Trayvon Martin when he followed the black teen last year as Martin was walking back from a convenience store to the house of his father's fiancee.

Attorneys whittled the pool of hundreds of potential jurors down to 40 for the second round of questioning, and from there six jurors and four alternates were chosen. The potential jurors were given numbers to protect their identities during the selection process.

Juror B-29, Juror B-76, Juror B-37, Juror B-51, Juror E-6 and Juror E-40 were the final six jurors selected.

The case has gained national attention, and, during the first round of jury selection, potential jurors were questioned at length about their knowledge of the case.

"I haven't lived under a rock for the past year," said Juror B-51. "It's pretty hard for people not to have gotten some information."

Juror B-51, a white female retiree, was quizzed on the second day of jury selection. She said her first impression of the case was "sad" for both sides. When asked if she thought Zimmerman had done anything wrong by getting out of his truck, she said, "Certainly, he didn't wait. Maybe the police didn't come quick enough. I don't know."

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. He is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/20/six-women-picked-as-jurors-in-george-zimmerman-trial/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2013, 01:14:02 PM »
Meet the jurors in the George Zimmerman trial
Published June 20, 2013
FoxNews.com

Six women were chosen to serve on the jury in the trial of George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch captain accused of murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The six jurors and four alternates went through a nearly two-week long process of jury selection, where they answered questions about their knowledge of the case and opinions on subjects including guns, law enforcement and media bias.

Below are general descriptions of the jurors, identified by numbers assigned to them by the court to protect their identities:

6 JURORS:

B-29: Described as a Hispanic woman, who works as a nurse treating patients with Alzheimer's. She has seven children and lived in Chicago at the time of the February 2012 shooting.

B-76: Described as a white middle-aged woman, who said Zimmerman had an "altercation with the young man. There was a struggle, and the gun went off."

B-37: Described as a middle-aged white woman, who works for a chiropractor and has many pets. She described protests in Sanford sparked after the delay in Zimmerman's arrest as "rioting."

B-51: Described as a retired white woman from Oviedo, Fla., who has a dog and 20-year-old cat. She knew a good deal about the case but said, "I'm not rigid in my thinking."

E-6: Described as a young white woman and mother, who used to work in financial services. She used this case as an example to her adolescent children, warning them to not go out at night.

E-40: Described as a white woman in her 60s, who lived in Iowa at the time of the shooting. She heard national news reports and recalls the shooting was in a gated community and a teenager was killed.

4 ALTERNATES:

E-40: Described as a white man in his 50s. He cautioned his 16-year-old stepson about wearing hoodie, which Trayvon Martin was wearing at the time of the shooting.

B-72: Described as a Hispanic man in his 20s, who works as maintenance technician at a school. He is a self-described power lifter and arm wrestler.

E-13: Described as a white woman in her 20s. She has brother who is black. She says she "never" watches the news, but when she first heard of shooting thought it was a "racial thing."

E-28: Described as a white middle-aged woman, who works as a nurse and says she listens to a lot of radio on her 15-minute commute. She said she knew little about the case and has no opinion about Zimmerman's guilt.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/20/meet-jurors-in-george-zimmerman-trial/#ixzz2Wn03CMFK

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »
Hey man, sorry if my wording is like that, i'm passionate about that shit.  Dude tried to wreck "stand your ground" for the rest of america.  He ran with a gun into the dark to face a person he claimed was on drugs and had his hand on something in a wasitband... I mean, did he want a gun battle with a cracked-out dude sporting a pistol?  Sure sounds like it (TO ME).

Please, you don't give a flying fuck about stand your ground. You don't like zimmerman because you see him as everything you hate in a firearm owner (which, ironically, seems to share a lot of traits with YOU), so you profiled him, spun the facts to fit your narrative that he was a fat wannabe vigilante out looking for an excuse to kill someone, and *boom*, here you are years later still spinning the story to justify your blind hate of a man you don't even know or have ever met. Don't get it twisted, everything you're arguing is about your bias, not zimmermans.

It's just like they say, usually the people we hate the most are those that we believe share the traits we hate most about ourselves.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2013, 03:57:18 PM »
Hey man, sorry if my wording is like that, i'm passionate about that shit.  Dude tried to wreck "stand your ground" for the rest of america.  He ran with a gun into the dark to face a person he claimed was on drugs and had his hand on something in a wasitband... I mean, did he want a gun battle with a cracked-out dude sporting a pistol?  Sure sounds like it (TO ME).

Bullshit.  You've yet to point to a single law that Florida has changed as a result of this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: June 20, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »

Bullshit.  You've yet to point to a single law that Florida has changed as a result of this.

not yet. 

if bloomberg has his way, a lot of states will move against this law. he's just getting started. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
Zimmerman jury is homogeneous -- and dangerous
By Tamara Holder /
Published June 21, 2013 / 
FoxNews.com

The selected jury members of the George Zimmerman trial could hardly be more homogeneous -- and potentially disastrous.

Zimmerman is facing second-degree murder charges for the death of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old African-American. Primarily because Zimmerman is not African-American, and was not immediately charged with any crime, the case has sparked a racially charged, well-publicized debate.

The Constitution requires, via the Sixth Amendment, that “the accused shall enjoy a right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury” where the crime was committed. There is no constitutional requirement that the jury shall be made up of the defendant’s “peers.”

Jury selection was expected to take 2-3 weeks. It began with an initial pool of 211 people that filled out questionnaires. By the end of Day 7, only 58 of the 211 were questioned by attorneys about their knowledge of the case; additionally, the attorneys selected 40 of 58 to advance to the next round of more in-depth questioning. Of the final 40, with regard to gender: 24 were women, and 16 were men. With regard to race: 27 were white, 7 were black, 3 were of mixed race, and 3 were Hispanic.

In just two days, Days 8 and 9, both sides questioned all 40 potential jurors.

By the end of Day 9, 30 of the people were dismissed and the remaining 10 were selected as the primary and alternate members. Both sides moved way too quickly.

Both sides lost focus. As a result, the composition of the selected jury is guaranteed to reignite racial debates before the trial even begins.

All of the six members are women. Five are white, one is Hispanic. The four alternates include two women and two men, all of whom are white, but for one male Hispanic.

Seminole County, the area from which the jury pool was selected, is more than 81 percent white, between 9-11 percent African-American, and consists of more than 50 percent women, according to the Seminole County Government and U.S. Census. Sanford, the city where the incident occurred, is approximately 29 percent African-American.

Zimmerman’s jury is 100 percent women and 0 percent African-American.

This jury needed at least one African-American jury member, and one male. The selected panel can certainly be “impartial,” but because previous racially charged trials focused on the jury, the Zimmerman trial attorneys should have been aware of how the make-up could impact responses outside of the courtroom and, potentially, to the safety of the jurors.

America has not seen a racially charged case like this since the O.J. Simpson trial. In that case, there were 12 jurors: Nine were African-American, two were white, and one was Hispanic. Ten of the 12 jurors were female.

The “not guilty” Simpson verdict sparked great divisiveness across the country. Some alleged that Simpson was only found not guilty because the predominantly black jury did not want to convict a fellow member of the African-American community.

The George Zimmerman prosecution and defense teams should have considered the potential for such a response in this case, because race was at issue from the outset.

This case should not be about race, but the attorneys’ failure to pick a more diverse group of six people is certain to reignite the issue, especially if the 100 percent all-female/non-African-American jury finds Mr. Zimmerman not guilty.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/06/21/zimmerman-jury-homogenous-dangerous/#ixzz2Wsn3ig8j

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »
yeah, I thought that jury didn't  benefit him much with that makeup.

However, his legal team surely knows what they're doing, and they helped build it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/judge-no-audio-testimony-zimmerman-trial-140933201.html

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The judge in the murder trial of George Zimmerman said Saturday that prosecution audio experts who point to Trayvon Martin as screaming on a 911 call moments before he was killed won't be allowed to testify at trial.

Judge Debra Nelson reached her decision after hearing arguments that stretched over several days this month on whether to allow testimony from two prosecution experts. One expert ruled out Zimmerman as the screamer and another said it was Martin. Defense experts argued there was not enough audio to determine who the screams are coming from. Zimmerman's attorneys also argued that the state experts' analysis is flawed.

Nelson ruled that the methods used by the experts aren't reliable. But her ruling doesn't prevent the 911 calls from being played at trial.

I dont think this changes much or who it benefits more but I agree that those experts would be speculative at best.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: June 24, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/judge-no-audio-testimony-zimmerman-trial-140933201.html

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The judge in the murder trial of George Zimmerman said Saturday that prosecution audio experts who point to Trayvon Martin as screaming on a 911 call moments before he was killed won't be allowed to testify at trial.

Judge Debra Nelson reached her decision after hearing arguments that stretched over several days this month on whether to allow testimony from two prosecution experts. One expert ruled out Zimmerman as the screamer and another said it was Martin. Defense experts argued there was not enough audio to determine who the screams are coming from. Zimmerman's attorneys also argued that the state experts' analysis is flawed.

Nelson ruled that the methods used by the experts aren't reliable. But her ruling doesn't prevent the 911 calls from being played at trial.

I dont think this changes much or who it benefits more but I agree that those experts would be speculative at best.

Good decision. 

Listened to much of the opening statements.  Prosecution gets an A for delivery and a D for substance.  Defense gets a C- for delivery and a B for substance.  Didn’t hear anything new.  Didn’t hear how they intend to prove murder or disprove self-defense.   

Most important thing I heard came from Zimmerman’s lawyer, who said the person calling for help on the 911 call was the person who was fighting for their life.  I agree.  (At least they were fighting to prevent serious bodily injury.)   

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #471 on: June 24, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »
Good decision. 

Listened to much of the opening statements.  Prosecution gets an A for delivery and a D for substance.  Defense gets a C- for delivery and a B for substance.  Didn’t hear anything new.  Didn’t hear how they intend to prove murder or disprove self-defense.  

Most important thing I heard came from Zimmerman’s lawyer, who said the person calling for help on the 911 call was the person who was fighting for their life.  I agree.  (At least they were fighting to prevent serious bodily injury.)   

They both most likely feared for their lives, due to the gun, so I'm still not sure what you mean by this.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: June 24, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »
They sure delivered some funny words on TV this morning.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: June 24, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »
100% Female and 0% Black seems a bit off, no doubt about it.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: June 24, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
Damn, Shockwave.  Is that M.E. schooling taking its toll, or what?

???