Author Topic: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting  (Read 206352 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »
he did shove a guy who was a cop.   They reduced charge because his ass plead out.  It's common.

I mean, OJ didn't slash Nicole's head off, did he?  I mean, he was never convicted, right?

ZImmerman is a sick dude.  I'm surprised everyone defending him.  It's very possible that both he and trayvon are pieces of shit.  DOesn't have to just be one of them.  Two pieces of shit got into a fight.  one got killed,one went to jail.   Both had documented anger & substance abuse problems. 

::)

I just wish we could have a little honesty here.  I think the shoot was legal technicaly and zimmerman shouldn't be charged - but i do think he should be charged for being a lying fuck and do 2 years fo robstruction and lying to police.  he's making shit tougher for permit holders for 20 years, and good fcking luck getting stand-your-ground in the other 30 states after this ass-hat abused it.

He is not guilty of 1st degree murder.  I've said form minute 1 that the shoot was legal.
He was playing that cutesy little game where "I'm the agressor by chasing you in the dark with a gun for 2 blocks, then suddenly when I realize your posture isn't prey and you are ready to spring on my ass, I'm deciding to freeze in my shoes and not be the aggressor".

In trayvon's mind, he saw an attack as imminent and he swung.  Two completely diff realities.  They are both legally covered, since there is no definition of when you are in fear.  Zimm froze up once he saw the person he was following wasn't running. 

AND THE SHOOT WAS LEGAL.   

But I think the jury will convict him anyway.  Won't be right, but it will punish the MFer who grabbed a gun and went running on the other side ofthe park after misidentifying trayvon as a burglar.

I said long ago... the shoot itself was probably legal by FL law...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #426 on: June 17, 2013, 02:55:37 PM »
he did shove a guy who was a cop.   They reduced charge because his ass plead out.  It's common.

I mean, OJ didn't slash Nicole's head off, did he?  I mean, he was never convicted, right?

ZImmerman is a sick dude.  I'm surprised everyone defending him.  It's very possible that both he and trayvon are pieces of shit.  DOesn't have to just be one of them.  Two pieces of shit got into a fight.  one got killed,one went to jail.   Both had documented anger & substance abuse problems. 
From what I understand, the officer wasn't in uniform and didn't identify himself as a cop, so its a bullshit charge and you're way off base anyway.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
Serious question to most people.

Obviously I am on the fence on guilt or innocence... That said, can we agree that Zimmerman is definitely a busy body?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: June 17, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »

Obviously I am on the fence on guilt or innocence... That said, can we agree that Zimmerman is definitely a busy body?
Absolutely he was,  can we all agree that trayvon was a little shit of a kid?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »

Sure can.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »
that deserved to die

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »

Yeah, dude really had no business following the kid. That said, he didn't break any laws either. IMHO, had the kid chosen to just ignore the fat mexican and continued on his merry way, he'd still be alive.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »
that deserved to die
Who said that?

Nice projection of what you want to believe about ppl who don't automatically condemn a man without facts ::(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Yeah, dude really had no business following the kid. That said, he didn't break any laws either. IMHO, had the kid chosen to just ignore the fat mexican and continued on his merry way, he'd still be alive.
Agreed on all accounts

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
I don't really have a problem with Zimmerman (or anyone else) trying to protect their neighborhood.  If all he did was see what he thought was a suspcious looking dude, called 911, and did what they told him to do, then I don't think he did anything wrong. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2013, 06:04:15 PM »
I don't really have a problem with Zimmerman (or anyone else) trying to protect their neighborhood.  If all he did was see what he thought was a suspcious looking dude, called 911, and did what they told him to do, then I don't think he did anything wrong. 

and Martin would still be alive and we wouldn't be talking about this

Zimmerman  should have kept his fat ass in his truck like he was told to do and I'm sure he wishes he had done just that

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »
and Martin would still be alive and we wouldn't be talking about this

Zimmerman  should have kept his fat ass in his truck like he was told to do and I'm sure he wishes he had done just that
they didnt tell him to stay in the car, they told him after he already got out that they didnt need him to follow trayvon...to which zimmerman supposedly complied.

maybe you should get the facts straight

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: June 17, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »
they didnt tell him to stay in the car, they told him after he already got out that they didnt need him to follow trayvon...to which zimmerman supposedly complied.

maybe you should get the facts straight

Don't try and confuse people with the facts.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #438 on: June 17, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
that deserved to die

Of course not.

On no level should that be the case. As a matter of fact, Zimmerman definitely should be held accountable for his actions.

That said, murder seems too much. I truly believe he should have been charged with manslaughter. He put forth motions that could have been avoided. He instigated the situation and that should count for some punishment

Murder is just an over reach.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #439 on: June 17, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »
agreed murder is an overreach

BUT

from teh prosecution side... they're trying to FORCE zimmerman into pleading to that manslaughter charge.  It's about a given that they'd give him the 8 year bid.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #440 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:27 AM »
agreed murder is an overreach

BUT

from teh prosecution side... they're trying to FORCE zimmerman into pleading to that manslaughter charge.  It's about a given that they'd give him the 8 year bid.

Didn't work though did it?

So now they look like idiots... That sure is helping a lot huh?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: June 18, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »
Didn't work though did it?

So now they look like idiots... That sure is helping a lot huh?

jury may choose murder.  zimm doesnt plead and he may be looking at what, 25 years in prison.

he'll look at his chances and will plead.  He'll be back on the streets in under 5 years with an 8 year sentence.  They'll agree on a country club so he doesn't get ass raped. 

I think no matter what happened that night, the prosecution has boxed zimm into a spot where 5 years at a country club is acceptable - compared with jury deciding to issue their own brand of justice, and leaving him locked up for the next 2 or 3 decades.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: June 18, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »
This was the right thing to do.  Haven't seen any evidence Zimmerman profiled Martin or that Zimmerman was a racist.  In fact, almost everything I've read and heard so far suggests the exact opposite.  Forgot about the FBI investigation. 

Zimmerman prosecutors won't use 'profiled' in opening statement
June 18, 2013
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

SANFORD — Quietly and with hardly anyone noticing, George Zimmerman's attorneys persuaded a judge to ban prosecutors from using the word "profiled" in their opening statement.

That means the theory that was the backbone of the state's case — that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was profiled — is now something prosecutors cannot mention as they launch into their case against the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer.

It is a major pretrial victory for the 29-year-old Zimmerman, who in the days and weeks immediately after Trayvon's death was denounced as a racist, made into a social pariah and became the subject of a federal civil-rights investigation.

The decision to ban the word "profiled" or any variation of it came one week ago, on Day 1 of Zimmerman's trial, but Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson handled the issue quickly, and there was almost no discussion of it in open court.

"I don't have any objection to not mentioning these words," said lead prosecutor Bernie de Rionda, and the judge quickly moved on to another issue, jury selection.

Jury selection resumes Tuesday on Day 7 of Zimmerman's second-degree-murder trial. So far, 32 prospective panel members have made it past the first round of jury selection. Attorneys and the judge hope to raise that number to 40 before they begin a second round.

It's a short list of words that de la Rionda must now avoid in his opening statement.

They include not only "profiled" but also five other words or phrases that defense attorney Mark O'Mara had asked the judge to ban in a motion he filed May 30.

The others are "vigilante"; "self-appointed Neighborhood Watch captain"; "wannabe cop"; "He got out of the car after the police told him not to"; and "He confronted Trayvon Martin." Nelson has not yet issued a formal ruling on the matter.

Two of those phrases appear in the probable-cause affidavit that prosecutors used to persuade a judge to jail Zimmerman on a second-degree-murder charge in April 2012.

One is the word "profiled." Trayvon was walking from a 7-Eleven to the Sanford townhouse where he was staying "when he was profiled by George Zimmerman," according to the affidavit, which was signed by two investigators in the office of Special Prosecutor Angela Corey: T.C. O'Steen and Dale Gilbreath.

The other probable-cause-affidavit phrase now banned is a reference to who confronted whom. O'Steen and Gilbreath wrote, "Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued."

But at Zimmerman's April 20, 2012, bond hearing, Gilbreath admitted that he did not know who confronted whom the night of Feb. 26, 2012, and could not say who started the fight.

On the night of the shooting, Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch volunteer, had spotted Trayvon and called police, describing him as suspicious. Prosecutors say Zimmerman had gotten out of his pickup and was following the Miami Gardens teen on foot when a dispatcher told him that was not necessary.

A short time after that phone call ended, the two came face-to-face, witnesses reported seeing and hearing a fight, and Zimmerman shot Trayvon once in the chest.

He told police he acted in self-defense.

The U.S. Department of Justice launched an investigation shortly after the shooting to determine whether Zimmerman violated Trayvon's civil rights. It has not reported its findings, but paperwork forwarded to Corey's office and released to the public revealed that FBI agents had interviewed dozens of Zimmerman's friends and associates and none said he used racial slurs or exhibited racist behavior.

8 questioned, 4 rejected Monday

Attorneys dedicated another six hours Monday to picking a jury.

They questioned eight prospective jurors and rejected four. Those sent home include a man who said his religious beliefs prohibited him from judging anyone; a man with a ZZ Top-style beard who had donated $20 to Zimmerman's legal-defense fund; a grandmother who said she was concerned about protests and possible violence should Zimmerman be acquitted; and a young single mother who said her employer does not pay for jury duty and she could not afford to be away for two to four weeks.

Those ordered by the judge to return Wednesday include an auto mechanic who moved here two or three years ago from Kuwait; a white middle-aged man who described protests led by national civil-rights activists in Sanford as "a little circus come to town"; a woman about to move to Bithlo; and a white man who quoted his wife as saying, "I hope you don't get on the jury."

Late Monday, the judge changed gears and listened to a fourth defense audio expert testify that there was too little clear audio of screams in the background of a 911 call the night of the shooting to identify who was calling for help.

Two state experts say the cries did not match Zimmerman. Defense attorneys are asking the judge to exclude that testimony.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-geo-zimmerman-trial-profile-20130617,0,1761292.story

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: June 18, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
i dont think race was that big of a deal either.

zimmerman's anger was colorblind.  He pushed a white cop, punched a white woman, fingerfcked a hispanic minor female, and shot a black youth.

Sounds like he's an equal opportunity human rights abuser.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »
40 potential jurors move on to second round of questioning in George Zimmerman trial

After a week and a half of grilling potential jurors individually, attorneys have chosen 40 jury candidates to return for the second round of questioning in the George Zimmerman trial.

The potential jurors will now be questioned as a group on an array of different topics as attorneys seek to whittle down the group of 40 to just six jurors and four alternates who will decide the fate of the Florida neighborhood watch captain charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Twenty-seven of the 40 potential jurors are white, seven are black, three are mixed race and three are Hispanic. The pool also is overwhelmingly female and skews middle-aged.

The racial and ethnic makeup of potential jurors is relevant, prosecutors say. They have argued that Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon Martin when he followed the black teen last year as Martin was walking back from a convenience store to the home of his father's fiancee.

Zimmerman, who identifies himself as Hispanic, fatally shot Martin a short time later following a confrontation that was partially captured on a 911 call.

The case has gained national attention, and, during the first round of jury selection, potential jurors were questioned at length about their knowledge of the case.

"I haven't lived under a rock for the past year," said Juror B-51. "It's pretty hard for people not to have gotten some information."

Juror B-51, a white female retiree, was quizzed on the second day of jury selection. She said her first impression of the case was "sad" for both sides. When asked if she thought Zimmerman had done anything wrong by getting out of his truck, she said, "Certainly, he didn't wait. Maybe the police didn't come quick enough. I don't know."

The 44-day delay in Zimmerman’s arrest prompted protests nationwide. One juror, Juror B-35, described the protests as “saber-rattling.”

"I think they politicized it and made it a racial issue, and I didn't like that," said Juror B-35. "I wasn't agreeing with the racial connotation."

Juror B-35, a middle-aged black man who owns vending machines, also wondered why there weren't protests over the fatal shootings of other African-American men in Sanford, the Orlando suburb where Martin was killed in February 2012. He also said he believed Zimmerman deserved his day in court.

Juror H-7, who was described as a white male in his late 50s or early 60s, said he thought the case was a "nuisance" that was "disrupting typical events in the area."

"I still don't understand why it's a high-profile case," he said while he was being quizzed on Monday.

Juror B-7, a middle-aged white man, said he didn't think Florida's stand-your-ground law was necessary in the state given other self-defense laws that were in place prior to its passage. The law allows a person to invoke self-defense if they feel a fatal shooting is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm.

Zimmerman is claiming self-defense. He has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.

Juror B-7 also said he thought news media coverage of the case had been "speculative" and devoid of hard facts.

Media coverage of the case took center stage during jury selection as attorneys grilled potential jurors about which news outlets they watched and if they thought coverage of the fatal shooting had been biased.

Potential juror E-13, a white female in her 20s, said, "I never really watch the news," while potential juror E-28, a married white female in her late 50s or early 60s, said she listens to a lot of radio on her 15-minute commute to her job as a nurse.

“I know that the media is not always accurate,” said one potential juror known as Juror H-69, a pregnant woman in her late 20s. “My sense is that they are trying to get the news out … it would be impossible for them to have all the information that happened.”

Judge Debra Nelson has ruled that jurors will be sequestered during the trial, which is expected to last two to four weeks.

Juror H-18, described as an Hispanic male in his 30s who co-owns a business, said being on the jury could be a hardship for his co-owner.

Juror K-80, a white female and married mother said her “biggest fear is sequestering.”

Juror P-67, a Hispanic male, born in Mexico but naturalized in the U.S., said that he wanted to be a juror to pay back his country and because it is part of his citizenship.

Overall, the potential jurors had mixed feelings about the case, but many agreed it will be difficult to make a decision in the case due to its tragic nature.

“This is a tragic case,” said Juror H-29, a white male in his late 50s.

Juror I-24, a white female, shared the same sentiment.

“A young man has lost his life, another man is fighting for his,” said Juror I-24. “No one is a winner in this case.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/19/potential-jurors-in-george-zimmerman-trial-offer-their-two-cents-on-case/

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
Juror B-51, a white female retiree, was quizzed on the second day of jury selection. She said her first impression of the case was "sad" for both sides. When asked if she thought Zimmerman had done anything wrong by getting out of his truck, she said, "Certainly, he didn't wait. Maybe the police didn't come quick enough. I don't know."

"Quick enough" for what, I wonder.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #446 on: June 20, 2013, 03:32:10 AM »
This was the right thing to do.  Haven't seen any evidence Zimmerman profiled Martin or that Zimmerman was a racist.  In fact, almost everything I've read and heard so far suggests the exact opposite.  Forgot about the FBI investigation. 

Zimmerman prosecutors won't use 'profiled' in opening statement
June 18, 2013
By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

SANFORD — Quietly and with hardly anyone noticing, George Zimmerman's attorneys persuaded a judge to ban prosecutors from using the word "profiled" in their opening statement.

That means the theory that was the backbone of the state's case — that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was profiled — is now something prosecutors cannot mention as they launch into their case against the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer.

It is a major pretrial victory for the 29-year-old Zimmerman, who in the days and weeks immediately after Trayvon's death was denounced as a racist, made into a social pariah and became the subject of a federal civil-rights investigation.

The decision to ban the word "profiled" or any variation of it came one week ago, on Day 1 of Zimmerman's trial, but Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson handled the issue quickly, and there was almost no discussion of it in open court.

"I don't have any objection to not mentioning these words," said lead prosecutor Bernie de Rionda, and the judge quickly moved on to another issue, jury selection.

Jury selection resumes Tuesday on Day 7 of Zimmerman's second-degree-murder trial. So far, 32 prospective panel members have made it past the first round of jury selection. Attorneys and the judge hope to raise that number to 40 before they begin a second round.

It's a short list of words that de la Rionda must now avoid in his opening statement.

They include not only "profiled" but also five other words or phrases that defense attorney Mark O'Mara had asked the judge to ban in a motion he filed May 30.

The others are "vigilante"; "self-appointed Neighborhood Watch captain"; "wannabe cop"; "He got out of the car after the police told him not to"; and "He confronted Trayvon Martin." Nelson has not yet issued a formal ruling on the matter.

Two of those phrases appear in the probable-cause affidavit that prosecutors used to persuade a judge to jail Zimmerman on a second-degree-murder charge in April 2012.

One is the word "profiled." Trayvon was walking from a 7-Eleven to the Sanford townhouse where he was staying "when he was profiled by George Zimmerman," according to the affidavit, which was signed by two investigators in the office of Special Prosecutor Angela Corey: T.C. O'Steen and Dale Gilbreath.

The other probable-cause-affidavit phrase now banned is a reference to who confronted whom. O'Steen and Gilbreath wrote, "Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued."

But at Zimmerman's April 20, 2012, bond hearing, Gilbreath admitted that he did not know who confronted whom the night of Feb. 26, 2012, and could not say who started the fight.

On the night of the shooting, Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch volunteer, had spotted Trayvon and called police, describing him as suspicious. Prosecutors say Zimmerman had gotten out of his pickup and was following the Miami Gardens teen on foot when a dispatcher told him that was not necessary.

A short time after that phone call ended, the two came face-to-face, witnesses reported seeing and hearing a fight, and Zimmerman shot Trayvon once in the chest.

He told police he acted in self-defense.

The U.S. Department of Justice launched an investigation shortly after the shooting to determine whether Zimmerman violated Trayvon's civil rights. It has not reported its findings, but paperwork forwarded to Corey's office and released to the public revealed that FBI agents had interviewed dozens of Zimmerman's friends and associates and none said he used racial slurs or exhibited racist behavior.

8 questioned, 4 rejected Monday

Attorneys dedicated another six hours Monday to picking a jury.

They questioned eight prospective jurors and rejected four. Those sent home include a man who said his religious beliefs prohibited him from judging anyone; a man with a ZZ Top-style beard who had donated $20 to Zimmerman's legal-defense fund; a grandmother who said she was concerned about protests and possible violence should Zimmerman be acquitted; and a young single mother who said her employer does not pay for jury duty and she could not afford to be away for two to four weeks.

Those ordered by the judge to return Wednesday include an auto mechanic who moved here two or three years ago from Kuwait; a white middle-aged man who described protests led by national civil-rights activists in Sanford as "a little circus come to town"; a woman about to move to Bithlo; and a white man who quoted his wife as saying, "I hope you don't get on the jury."

Late Monday, the judge changed gears and listened to a fourth defense audio expert testify that there was too little clear audio of screams in the background of a 911 call the night of the shooting to identify who was calling for help.

Two state experts say the cries did not match Zimmerman. Defense attorneys are asking the judge to exclude that testimony.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-geo-zimmerman-trial-profile-20130617,0,1761292.story

Makes no difference....Zimmerman is as good as convicted....or he's good as dead.  He's either going to rot in jail or someone is going to take him out.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #447 on: June 20, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »

Makes no difference....Zimmerman is as good as convicted....or he's good as dead.  He's either going to rot in jail or someone is going to take him out.
Didn't you guarantee us that he was going to plead out? In fact. If I remember right, you were adamant he'd never reach a courtroom. Your think after your airsoft idiocy that good learn to keep your mouth shut when you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #448 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »
Didn't you guarantee us that he was going to plead out? In fact. If I remember right, you were adamant he'd never reach a courtroom. Your think after your airsoft idiocy that good learn to keep your mouth shut when you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

I did think he would....he's fucking nuts not to plead out a deal.  There's no way he's going to walk scott free unless the jury were all KKK members.

If it was me....apologize and say I royally fucked up, get involuntary manslaughter...get about 7 years and be out in about 4 in a minimum security prison.  Would lift weights and have a master's degree by the time I got out.  Best of all, no one would be pissed off to beat my ass
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »
I still think Zimmerman will plead on the evening before trial begins.

They just want to get the best possible negotiation position based upon the jury.  I'll be surprised if this trial ever happens.  He'll jump at an offer to serve 8 years.