Author Topic: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting  (Read 210565 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Trayvon Martin - Gun, Drugs, Fighting
« Reply #1875 on: November 26, 2013, 05:01:12 PM »
LMFAO!!!!  Ha ha ha ha ha - re read what you wrote 

I'm not clear on why you want folks to think you're laughing here.  Option D seems to be saying that drawing conclusions about what type of person someone will become based on their conduct as a 17-year old is premature and, no matter what, Trayvon's indiscretions shouldn't be a death sentence anyway.

I think both points are good.  After all, George was the adult in that situation and should have been able to avoid a physical confrontation with a young man about whom he knew almost nothing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1876 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
I'm not clear on why you want folks to think you're laughing here.  Option D seems to be saying that drawing conclusions about what type of person someone will become based on their conduct as a 17-year old is premature and, no matter what, Trayvon's indiscretions shouldn't be a death sentence anyway.

I think both points are good.  After all, George was the adult in that situation and should have been able to avoid a physical confrontation with a young man about whom he knew almost nothing.

Nobody is saying his conduct deserved a death sentence.  And it's silly to try and pick any one part of Martin's bad behavior and say that because of that conduct he "deserved to die."  That's just hyperbole designed to deflect attention away from the fact Martin was a thug who was responsible for his own death. 

No, a 17 year-old smoking weed every week doesn't deserve to be shot because he is smoking weed.  But the fact he smoked is all part of the narrative.  Same with the fact Martin was suspended from school for having burglary tools and women's jewelry and for fighting.  No, that doesn't mean he deserved to die.  What it does show is this makes it more likely that the kid was prone to start a confrontation with someone. 

Same with his fighting.  He was bragging about beating someone up and breaking their nose just weeks before he was killed.  You have to put blinders on to ignore those facts.  Does that mean he deserved to die?  Of course not.  Does it tend to show he was more likely to be the one beating the crap out of a stranger, breaking his nose, etc.?  Of course. 

What I'm not afraid to do is call things exactly as I see them.  The case was tragic, but that kid was a thug.  He is not Emmitt Till (as some compared him to).   ::)  It should be a lesson to teenaged kids to not beat up strangers. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1877 on: November 27, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »
Nobody is saying his conduct deserved a death sentence.  And it's silly to try and pick any one part of Martin's bad behavior and say that because of that conduct he "deserved to die."  That's just hyperbole designed to deflect attention away from the fact Martin was a thug who was responsible for his own death. 

No, a 17 year-old smoking weed every week doesn't deserve to be shot because he is smoking weed.  But the fact he smoked is all part of the narrative.  Same with the fact Martin was suspended from school for having burglary tools and women's jewelry and for fighting.  No, that doesn't mean he deserved to die.  What it does show is this makes it more likely that the kid was prone to start a confrontation with someone. 

Same with his fighting.  He was bragging about beating someone up and breaking their nose just weeks before he was killed.  You have to put blinders on to ignore those facts.  Does that mean he deserved to die?  Of course not.  Does it tend to show he was more likely to be the one beating the crap out of a stranger, breaking his nose, etc.?  Of course. 

What I'm not afraid to do is call things exactly as I see them.  The case was tragic, but that kid was a thug.  He is not Emmitt Till (as some compared him to).   ::)  It should be a lesson to teenaged kids to not beat up strangers. 

You keep saying "beating up a stranger" but my rub is how he encountered the ARMED stranger...How they crossed paths and under what circumstances did they cross. I cant run up on mike tyson start a fight get my ass kicked and then shoot him and say "self defense"
To me thats the problem not black and white.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1878 on: November 27, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »

You keep saying "beating up a stranger" but my rub is how he encountered the ARMED stranger...How they crossed paths and under what circumstances did they cross. I cant run up on mike tyson start a fight get my ass kicked and then shoot him and say "self defense"
To me thats the problem not black and white.

If you look at all of the facts, including the background of both men, warts and all, the reasonable conclusion is Martin started the fight by false cracking Zimmerman. 

Zimmerman wasn't strong or skilled enough to start a fight.  The owner of the gym where Zimmerman trained said that even after a year, Zimmerman was too soft and too unskilled to put in the ring to spar with anyone.  No way that marshmallow was going to start a fight. 

Martin, on the other hand, was a punk.  You should look at the text messages that didn't get admitted into evidence.  He was talking about beating up someone the same way he beat up Zimmerman. 

Do you honestly believe that kid didn't start a physical confrontation with Zimmerman? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1879 on: November 27, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
If you look at all of the facts, including the background of both men, warts and all, the reasonable conclusion is Martin started the fight by false cracking Zimmerman. 

Zimmerman wasn't strong or skilled enough to start a fight.  The owner of the gym where Zimmerman trained said that even after a year, Zimmerman was too soft and too unskilled to put in the ring to spar with anyone.  No way that marshmallow was going to start a fight. 

Martin, on the other hand, was a punk.  You should look at the text messages that didn't get admitted into evidence.  He was talking about beating up someone the same way he beat up Zimmerman. 

Do you honestly believe that kid didn't start a physical confrontation with Zimmerman? 

I do think when you have a gun, that evens the playing field and provides steel courage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1880 on: November 27, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »
I do think when you have a gun, that evens the playing field and provides steel courage.

Wait.  So you think Zimmerman, knowing he couldn't fight and was a limp noodle, started a fight, then started yelling for help, then shot Martin only after he started getting his butt kicked?  And he did this because he knew he had a gun? 

That really doesn't make sense.  Why not just pull the gun and point it at the dude at the jump, if the gun gave him "steel courage"? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #1881 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
Wait.  So you think Zimmerman, knowing he couldn't fight and was a limp noodle, started a fight, then started yelling for help, then shot Martin only after he started getting his butt kicked?  And he did this because he knew he had a gun? 

That really doesn't make sense.  Why not just pull the gun and point it at the dude at the jump, if the gun gave him "steel courage"? 

I wonder how their paths crossed...Trayvon was just in the mood to beat up random people and just happened to run up on zimmerman?
Im just not sure

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1882 on: November 27, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »
I wonder how their paths crossed...Trayvon was just in the mood to beat up random people and just happened to run up on zimmerman?
Im just not sure

Zimmerman thought the kid looked suspicious because he was sort of loitering and didn't look familiar.  And after Martin was shot, none of the neighbors could identify him, so the fact he thought Martin looked out of place was correct.    

No question Zimmerman was following him at some point.  Martin didn't like that.  That's why instead of running home, he confronted Zimmerman.  If you look at the distance to where Martin started running and his dad's house, it was like running a 40.  He could have run back and forth to that point about ten times. He didn't run home.  If he had, he'd still be alive.  

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who started the confrontation.  You don't get to beat the crap out of someone, breaking their nose, slamming their head on the ground, without allowing the person getting pummeled to defend themselves by any means necessary.  That's what self defense allowed Zimmerman to do.  

And I'm sure you've been hit in the nose.  You know exactly what that does to your eyes.  I got hit once through my face mask and ran straight to the sidelines after the play, for one play, because I couldn't see.  Watery eyes.  Wore a shield after that.  But if Zimmerman had the normal reaction to being punched in the nose, he is on his back, getting pummeled, and cannot see.  

He was also yelling for help, saw the neighbor look at him, then go back in the house.  That's when he shot the kid.

What else would you expect him to do in that situation?  Get beaten into unconsciousness or death?  

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1883 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
(Zimmerman) saw the neighbor look at him, then go back in the house.  That's when he shot the kid.

Are you aware as to whether the neighbor informed them that he was calling 911?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1884 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
Are you aware as to whether the neighbor informed them that he was calling 911?

lol.  Seriously?  Not to get semantical, but you mean yelled it?  I don't recall the guy's exact testimony, but I don't remember him saying he told them he was calling 911. 

Doesn't really matter.  Zimmerman was getting pounded.  He saw the neighbor go back in the house.  One of the cops who testified said Zimmerman said on the way to the police station that he was yelling for help and no one would help him. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1885 on: November 27, 2013, 12:33:09 PM »
lol.  Seriously?  Not to get semantical, but you mean yelled it?  I don't recall the guy's exact testimony, but I don't remember him saying he told them he was calling 911. 

Doesn't really matter.  Zimmerman was getting pounded.  He saw the neighbor go back in the house.  One of the cops who testified said Zimmerman said on the way to the police station that he was yelling for help and no one would help him. 

Yes, Beach Bum. If he intended to communicate this to them, as he says he did, I would have faith that he'd know how to use his voice do that.

Will you join me on the other Zimmerman thread?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1886 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
Yes, Beach Bum. If he intended to communicate this to them, as he says he did, I would have faith that he'd know how to use his voice do that.

Will you join me on the other Zimmerman thread?

Don't remember what he said about whether he told them he was calling 911. 

Depends.  If you post something I feel like responding to, then yes. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1887 on: November 27, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »
Don't remember what he said about whether he told them he was calling 911. 

Depends.  If you post something I feel like responding to, then yes. 

Are you able to look at his testimony? Or would you prefer that I post a quote, or what?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1888 on: November 27, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »

Quickly, from NY Times:

Mr. Good said he asked, “What’s going on?”

“No one answered,” he said. “At some point I said, ‘Cut it out’ and ‘I’m calling 911,’ when I thought it was getting really serious.”

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1889 on: November 27, 2013, 12:46:34 PM »
I'll tell you this: I've looked at this situation quite a bit in the recent past, and am more convinced than ever it was a struggle caused by the gun.

I also say that Zimmerman's story has quite a few BIG problems with it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1890 on: November 27, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »
Quickly, from NY Times:

Ok.  What do you think this proves? 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1891 on: November 27, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »
Ok.  What do you think this proves? 

Do you think it may have been a good reason for Martin to attempt to flee, in order to avoid the consequences of beating someone?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1892 on: November 27, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
Do you think it may have been a good reason for Martin to attempt to flee, in order to avoid the consequences of beating someone?

Not really.  Especially if he didn't hear the guy.  He was too busy kicking the crap out of Zimmerman. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1893 on: November 27, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
Not really.  Especially if he didn't hear the guy.  He was too busy kicking the crap out of Zimmerman. 

You think he was "too busy" to hear, BB?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1894 on: November 27, 2013, 01:28:49 PM »
You think he was "too busy" to hear, BB?

Yep.  Busy beating the man MMA style.  The first neighbor on the scene after the shooting said Zimmerman looked like he had just gotten his butt beat.   

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1895 on: November 27, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
Yep.  Busy beating the man MMA style.  The first neighbor on the scene after the shooting said Zimmerman looked like he had just gotten his butt beat.    

Do you believe Zimmerman, when he states that Martin declared he would kill him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1896 on: November 27, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »
Do you believe Zimmerman, when he states that Martin declared he would kill him?

Yeah, but it doesn't matter if Martin said that or not.  The evidence showed Martin was kicking his butt.  That's what the jury believed.  That horse is dead already. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1897 on: November 27, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
Yeah, but it doesn't matter if Martin said that or not.  The evidence showed Martin was kicking his butt.  That's what the jury believed.  That horse is dead already.  

...and you'd say he was unconcerned with being caught, right?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1898 on: November 27, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »
All irrelevant. 
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #1899 on: November 27, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »
Im just not sure
what does it matter, what if zimmerman was just a guy walking at night and happend to be behind trayvon.

Does that justify trayvon starting a physical confrontation?

You continue to deflect the outright stupidity that trayvon showed and continue to only concentrate on zimmerman.

THEY WERE BOTH IDIOTS!!!