Author Topic: Bernard Hopkins diet and longevity in sports recommendations  (Read 3302 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
From boxingscene.com

Hopkins: I'm Proof of What it Means To Stay Healthy
 Click Here To Email    Printable version   Search BoxingScene Database 

New York, NY – Age-defying, record-breaking, and inspirational are all words that describe Bernard Hopkins; the man who, in 2011, broke George Forman’s record as the oldest fighter to win a world championship in the history of boxing−and in March of this year silenced critics once again to prove his stamina when he achieved the remarkable title of being the oldest athlete to win a major championship in any sport! Hopkins will be jumping into the ring once again to defend his title on July 13, 2013.

“This one means more to me because I am older,” said Hopkins, whose victory and amazing personal story was recently featured on Good Morning America and World News Tonight. “I am a proud man and never take things for granted in anything in my life.  More importantly I want to become the spokesperson for the 40 and older crowd, inspiring people to believe that no matter what age they are, they can be healthy and active and save their lives.” 

Hopkins has long been an advocate for healthy and clean living. Having lost both parents from complications due to diabetes and heart disease before the age of 50, this strong-willed champion is inspiring people daily on the right way to live. He doesn’t smoke or drink, eats six small meals a day using only organic foods that he uses in recipes he cooks himself, and excludes any white products such as flour, rice or sugar. Looking 28 at age 48, he is testament to the old adage ‘you are what you eat.’

“We only live once and our bodies are our temples.  I am not going to eat something that I have already been told is not good for my system and I do what I can to fuel myself with energy producing foods such as lean meats, whole grains, and lots of fruit and vegetables. Without this daily habit my body would have given up on me a long time ago,” says Hopkins.

Bernard Hopkins is a true champion in all aspects of life – not just in the ring. From a tough beginning in a rough neighborhood of North Philadelphia, he made some bad decisions that resulted in his incarceration at the young age of 17. But determined not to let this setback define him, he used boxing as a way of turning his life around and scored his first professional win in 1990. After suffering a second loss in the ring in 1993, this determined man did not lose again for over 12 years! For him, the real work was just beginning – not only in the ring, but also outside of it - and it is this raw grit and tenacious spirit that has made him the champion he is today.

Outspoken advocate for fighters’ rights, Hopkins has testified before Congress in support of the Muhammad Ali Act (regardless of the fact it made him many enemies in the boxing industry in the process). He regularly speaks to at-risk youth, particularly in African-American communities, on the pitfalls of life on the street. They listen because they know he understands; he faced equally insurmountable odds in his life and went on to become a living legend around the world. This outstanding role model for young adults brings hope to a generation who might otherwise believe there is no way out of the life they were born into.

From legendary ‘Executioner’ to becoming the ‘Champion of Life,’ Hopkins’ motivating message brings hope to anyone over 40 that they too can turn their life around through healthy eating and physical fitness.

“Obesity is an epidemic in this country and I'm a living, breathing example of what it means to stay healthy. I'm not going to give up. If you pay attention to my plan and the way I live and the way I eat, then you have a chance to extend your life for more years to come."

Tags: Bernard Hopkins

The Idol

Re: Bernard Hopkins diet and longevity in sports recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »
Same old song and dance. Some jive ass convict wins a title in one of boxings 500 different federations, now he's going to teach the rest of us how to live.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »
Same old song and dance. Some jive ass convict wins a title in one of boxings 500 different federations, now he's going to teach the rest of us how to live.
you wouldn't talk any shit to his face.....another key board warrior.

you are a jive ass punk!

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:54:01 PM »
The dudes almost 50 and still able to beat top contenders.  I'll give him credit but his fights are not must see t.v. anymore.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »

Hopkins is a great fighter who has won many legit  titles.

Regarding his diet I might have been inclined to say it's just great genetics + good diet, but given his parents deaths, more credit to his diet should perhaps be given.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »

MONSTER TRICEPS on Hopkins!!  :D

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
Yeh but how would he get on IN DA CAGE!

Welcome to the top of da food chain!!