Author Topic: Fast and Furious 6...over the top or just silly?  (Read 2123 times)

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
Fast and Furious 6...over the top or just silly?
« on: May 25, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »
Watched it last night and I have mixed feelings, the plot was paper thin, the characters were one dimensional, every action movie cliche  of the last 15 years was included and halfway through the movie I began wondering if was watching fast and furious 6 or a marvel super hero movie. The action scense were brilliant but eventually I had to start questioning the possibilty of some of the stuff I was seeing,...Iron Man 3 and Star Trek were more believable and plausible than F&F 6 and that's not ok. It was a good mindless action flick but it felt like it was written by a bunch of teen agers who never attended a single science class in their lives more like sci fi than action. What are your thoughts on the movie if you have seen it?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Fast and Furious 6...over the top or just silly?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
Watched it last night and I have mixed feelings, the plot was paper thin, the characters were one dimensional, every action movie cliche  of the last 15 years was included and halfway through the movie I began wondering if was watching fast and furious 6 or a marvel super hero movie. The action scense were brilliant but eventually I had to start questioning the possibilty of some of the stuff I was seeing,...Iron Man 3 and Star Trek were more believable and plausible than F&F 6 and that's not ok. It was a good mindless action flick but it felt like it was written by a bunch of teen agers who never attended a single science class in their lives more like sci fi than action. What are your thoughts on the movie if you have seen it?
not watching it, I mean James bond does more convincing action scenes, just pure silly.

In part 5 they had a 10 ton vault dragged through the streets on 2 tiny wires that would snap instantly yet the wires knocked down buildings, wrapped around poles, flipped cars etc, I drew the line there, lol.

ukjeff

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
I have never watched any of the FF films, why on earth anyone would want to is beyond me.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
You get what you pay for. The whole Fast Furious Franchise is over the top, more or less.

Believing FF6 would be a drama filled with exceptional actors would be fooling yourself.

It is what it is, Fastfood for the mind.

Sometimes you want a Sophisticated Chateaubriand and sometimes you want a Big Mac.

Neither Fastfood with Furious Pete 6, Riddick, Pacific Rimjob or Wolverine in Japan will have Oscars-winning actingperformances but it will be entertainment and mindless action.

Man of Steel will probably be the Action/Adventuremovie with the Best Acting this year.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
not watching it, I mean James bond does more convincing action scenes, just pure silly.

In part 5 they had a 10 ton vault dragged through the streets on 2 tiny wires that would snap instantly yet the wires knocked down buildings, wrapped around poles, flipped cars etc, I drew the line there, lol.

lol that's mild compared to what I saw last night, brutal fight scense with no bruises or black eyes at the end, people flying out of cars at high velocity landing on another car and still having time to get up and keep fighting, a car flying out of an exploding plane and then landing perfectly like nothing happened (car does not explode either despite being engulfed in flames, then vin diesel steps out of the scar completely unscathed, the whole movie is just one big fuck you to any known law of nature.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
You get what you pay for. The whole Fast Furious Franchise is over the top, more or less.

Believing FF6 would be a drama filled with exceptional actors would be fooling yourself.

It is what it is, Fastfood for the mind.

Sometimes you want a Sophisticated Chateaubriand and sometimes you want a Big Mac.

Neither Fastfood with Furious Pete 6, Riddick, Pacific Rimjob or Wolverine in Japan will have Oscars-winning actingperformances but it will be entertainment and mindless action.

That's the thing though I am all for mindless entertainment from time to time but a movie should not insult someone's intelligence to that extent I don't mind over the top action at all but this was just ridicolous, it made the avengers look mild.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »
Man of Steel will probably be the Action/Adventuremovie with the Best Acting this year.

word

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
Post credits scene was excellent.  10/10 for action movies getting back to 1980's standards.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Doesn't have to be realistic. Was good enough for me.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 04:31:19 PM »
are pure action movies ever worth watching?

I'd say no..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
lol that's mild compared to what I saw last night, brutal fight scense with no bruises or black eyes at the end, people flying out of cars at high velocity landing on another car and still having time to get up and keep fighting, a car flying out of an exploding plane and then landing perfectly like nothing happened (car does not explode either despite being engulfed in flames, then vin diesel steps out of the scar completely unscathed, the whole movie is just one big fuck you to any known law of nature.
lmao, it's overkill, I mean a Marvel movie has the right to do that, not an action movie. A bit over board is alright but not all out retarded. This is whu part ones are always the best because part 2 and up get desperate and do outrageous stunts for a lack of plot

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
are pure action movies ever worth watching?

I'd say no..

Star trek was worth every penny, all the dark knight movies were good, man of steel is probably going to be very good, and I liked the avnegers and Iron man. fast five wasn't that bad either but this movie took it to a level that was just ridicolous.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »
I am all for mindless entertainment from time to time but a movie should not insult someone's intelligence to that extent I don't mind over the top action at all but this was just ridicolous, it made the avengers look mild.

Faulty suppressed premise detected: the average moviegoer in this instance has intelligence to insult.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
Faulty enthymeme detected: the average moviegoer in this instance has intelligence to insult.

lol touche, but don't you think there is a line between over the top and simply absurd?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »
Yes, they are all over the top. And all of them have more cliches than any other movie or franchise of movies.
But, it is Fast and Furious, and it's about the cars, and the shady culture that surrounds them. If you look at all the Fast &Furious movies, you see the ever changing landscape of that culture...with some fight scenes and mediocre acting thrown in.

Think Knight Rider meets Condor Man, meets Bullitt, meets The Fall Guy

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 05:02:02 PM »
It's called suspended disbelief. You have to know this going into any action movie.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »
Suspension of Disbelief

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
It's called suspended disbelief. You have to know this going into any action movie.
I have a friend, that when FF4 came out, she believed that the GNX was a real one and worth 35k (I think that was the price)..when it was just a clone with a V8 (a 350?) in it.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
Star trek was worth every penny, all the dark knight movies were good, man of steel is probably going to be very good, and I liked the avnegers and Iron man. fast five wasn't that bad either but this movie took it to a level that was just ridicolous.
dark knight is the only one I watched of those. hardly a pure action flick though. has a good storyline and interesting characters.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
I would have went "Brazilian" instead of the other Latina. Mindless entertainment.  ;D

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
..Fast and furious 5... rock punched vin diesel through a concrete wall ..it didnt even slow him down....
is it vin diesel that writes these movies
choice is an illusion

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »
  DVD

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »
You saying 4-banger, front wheel drive, rear spoilered, rice burners ain't cool?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »

Vin was wearing these in the movie 

:D ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 12:25:05 AM »

Vin was wearing these in the movie 

:D ;D

So that Rock wouldn't dwarf him too much or? :D