Author Topic: NFL - Washington Redskins - time to change the name  (Read 48583 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Obama open to name change for the Redskins. - lmfao
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
Start a team called the White Devils, see if I give a shit.

How about the Dirty Mexicans or the Stinky Ni66ers? Wouldn't that sound like too much? The Redskins? I don't know, guy.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
everyone is owning the redskins this year

Lol

Dude, Obama is using the Presidency as his personal sports fantasy camp.  Golfing with tiger, playing pick up games with NBA players.  The dude is one ESPN every fucking day talking about bullshit like this or drawing up his NCAA tournament bracket.  Meanwhile the country is going down the toilet. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 09:20:49 PM »
How about the Dirty Mexicans or the Stinky Ni66ers? Wouldn't that sound like too much? The Redskins? I don't know, guy.

I think it's more important that we quit bending over backwards and changing, in the name of being politically correct.  If you're offended, get over it.

I can assure you that I'm MUCH more offended by the massive efforts of those who want to destroy the world my grandparents created.  No one is concerned about offending me though.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »

It's good to see him devoting time, thought, and energy to attacking the real issues this country faces.

::)

The problem isn't the president, is the Senate and House, but Americants are sheep anyway.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »
Say redskins stand for deer hides worn by the Indians, problem solved 8)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 05:32:57 AM »

The problem isn't the president, is the Senate and House, but Americants are sheep anyway.

The budget isn't our only problem, G_enius.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2013, 06:13:04 AM »
Start a team called the White Devils, see if I give a shit.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
The racial issue operator is one of the key factors used to cause dissent and raise phony awareness resulting in intrusive changes.

There's a paper on Wikileaks where the US uses same agenda to bully France into giving in to "minority concerns" with the added bonus of a well thought out plan to restructure France's society and history - explicitly complaining that there are too many 'white' people in key positions.

Cultural marxism is a top priority to "equality".

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »
Or call them the Red Cocks in honor of getbig.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
I demand the words whitey, cracker and honky is censored on getbig like other racial slurs. Because I often get so offended by them I can't sleep at night  :'(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »

Lmfao.   Obama is sludge. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
July 6, 2013
Political Correctness Is Cultural Marxism

By W.A. Beatty

The excellent AT article "Conservatives Pushing Back" by Bruce Walker explored what we conservative thinkers (We are, after all, American Thinkers) have known for quite some time: political correctness (PC) is to culture what Marxism is to economics.  To recognize that fact arms us with what we need in order to push back.  As Walker says (emphasis added), "[t]hese marketplace ballots are the key not only to the survival of a non-totalitarian America, but also to the final defeat of those whose minds and wills are chained with hard, cold manacles of leftism."

Walker's article is (pardon the pun) right on the money.  So, in an effort to further understand PC, exploration of its similarities to Marxism is in order.

PC, just like Marxism, forces people to live a lie by denying reality.  PC takes a political philosophy and says that on the basis of the chosen philosophy, certain things must be true, and reality that contradicts its "truth" must be forbidden -- eradicated since it disputes PC, exposes as untrue what PC says is true.  People are reluctant to live a lie, so they use their eyes and ears to see reality, to say, "Wait a minute.  This isn't true.  I can see it isn't true; the power of the state [PC] must be put behind the demand to live a lie."  Marxism, by denying economic reality, did exactly the same thing.

PC, just like Marxism, depends upon defining what it considers good and bad groups.  It defines good groups as "victims" of bad groups.  The victims can never be anything but good, regardless of what their actions may be.  Witness what the Black Panthers did in Philadelphia, PA in 2008 and 2012.  Any group identified as good by PC (homosexuals, blacks, Hispanics, illegal immigrants, feminist women, mentally and/or physically challenged people, the poor, environmentalists, the list goes on and on) must be shown deference, both physically and linguistically.  They must not be offended, must not be insulted.

Any group identified as bad by PC, such as white males or any Christian group, can be offended.  This offense, PC practitioners say, "makes up" for past offenses certain to have been committed in the past by bad groups.  And what's worse is that the PC practitioners get to define the offenses committed by the bad groups.  This situation, by definition, is a "self-fulfilling prophesy."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/07/political_correctness_is_cultural_marxism.html#ixzz2gzWBcCod
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »
What if they just change to " The Skins". How would everyone feel about that Lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
How about Obama and his welfare drug/drunk addicted family just go the fuck back to Africa and leave the rest of us alone? 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »
This is really sickening, I hope everyone can see what's going on...

‘Duck Dynasty’ Star, “They Told Us To Stop Praying To Jesus So It Wouldn’t Offend Muslims”
By John Dellinger on October 5, 2013

In an interview with sports spectrum magazine Willie & Phil Robertson, stars of Duck Dynasty, talk about fake bleeps, praying in Jesus’ name, and getting flack from Christians.

When the editors of Duck Dynasty asked the stars to stop saying “In Jesus Name” during prayers because it might offend Muslims, Phil Robertson had to stand his ground.

I highly suggest watching this entire video. It’s worth 6 minutes of your time.

(There is an 18 second intro in the beginning if you want to scroll past it)

Read more: http://conservativepost.com/duck-dynasty-star-they-told-us-to-stop-praying-to-jesus-so-it-wouldnt-offend-muslims/

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
How about Obama and his welfare drug/drunk addicted family just go the fuck back to Africa and leave the rest of us alone? 

Obama is from Hawaii, remember?   ::)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:20 PM »
This is really sickening, I hope everyone can see what's going on...

‘Duck Dynasty’ Star, “They Told Us To Stop Praying To Jesus So It Wouldn’t Offend Muslims”
By John Dellinger on October 5, 2013

In an interview with sports spectrum magazine Willie & Phil Robertson, stars of Duck Dynasty, talk about fake bleeps, praying in Jesus’ name, and getting flack from Christians.

When the editors of Duck Dynasty asked the stars to stop saying “In Jesus Name” during prayers because it might offend Muslims, Phil Robertson had to stand his ground.

I highly suggest watching this entire video. It’s worth 6 minutes of your time.

(There is an 18 second intro in the beginning if you want to scroll past it)

Read more: http://conservativepost.com/duck-dynasty-star-they-told-us-to-stop-praying-to-jesus-so-it-wouldnt-offend-muslims/

See, this is the kind of political correctness I despise.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2013, 05:56:34 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Congress calls for Redskins change
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
The president needs to just keep his mouth shut and stick to reading his teleprompter. 

Redskins attorney responds to Obama
The Oval David Jackson, USA TODAY 1:31 p.m. EDT October 6, 2013

The Washington Redskins had their attorney respond to President Obama's suggestion that the football team change its name.

"We at the Redskins respect everyone," said a statement from attorney Lanny J. Davis. "But like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama's hometown ), we love our team and its name and, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group."

Obama, citing objections from Native Americans and others to the nickname "Redskins," suggested a name change when asked about it during an interview with the Associated Press.

"If I were the owner of the team and I knew that the name of my team — even if they've had a storied history — was offending a sizable group of people, I'd think about changing it," Obama told the AP.

The full statement from Davis:

"As a supporter of President Obama, I am sure the president is not aware that in the highly respected Annenberg Institute poll (taken 2004) with a national sample of Native Americans, 9 out of 10 Native Americans said they were not bothered by the name the 'Washington Redskins.'

"The president made these comments to the Associated Press, but he was apparently unaware that an April 2013 AP poll showed that eight out of ten of all Americans in a national sample don't think the Washington Redskins name should be changed.

"We at the Redskins respect everyone. But like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama's hometown ), we love our team and its name and, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group.

"The name 'Washington Redskins' is 80 years old - it's our history and legacy and tradition. We Redskins fans sing 'hail to the Redskins' every Sunday as a word of honor not disparagement."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/10/06/obama-washington-redskins-football-lanny-j-davis/2931859/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
This attorney has only himself to blame for having to write this letter since he helped elect this fool in the first place. 

The president needs to just keep his mouth shut and stick to reading his teleprompter. 

Redskins attorney responds to Obama
The Oval David Jackson, USA TODAY 1:31 p.m. EDT October 6, 2013

The Washington Redskins had their attorney respond to President Obama's suggestion that the football team change its name.

"We at the Redskins respect everyone," said a statement from attorney Lanny J. Davis. "But like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama's hometown ), we love our team and its name and, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group."

Obama, citing objections from Native Americans and others to the nickname "Redskins," suggested a name change when asked about it during an interview with the Associated Press.

"If I were the owner of the team and I knew that the name of my team — even if they've had a storied history — was offending a sizable group of people, I'd think about changing it," Obama told the AP.

The full statement from Davis:

"As a supporter of President Obama, I am sure the president is not aware that in the highly respected Annenberg Institute poll (taken 2004) with a national sample of Native Americans, 9 out of 10 Native Americans said they were not bothered by the name the 'Washington Redskins.'

"The president made these comments to the Associated Press, but he was apparently unaware that an April 2013 AP poll showed that eight out of ten of all Americans in a national sample don't think the Washington Redskins name should be changed.

"We at the Redskins respect everyone. But like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama's hometown ), we love our team and its name and, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group.

"The name 'Washington Redskins' is 80 years old - it's our history and legacy and tradition. We Redskins fans sing 'hail to the Redskins' every Sunday as a word of honor not disparagement."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/10/06/obama-washington-redskins-football-lanny-j-davis/2931859/

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
October 9, 2013

To Everyone in our Washington Redskins Nation:

As loyal fans, you deserve to know that everyone in the Washington Redskins organization — our players, coaches and staff — are truly privileged to represent this team and everything it stands for. We are relentlessly committed to our fans and to the sustained long-term success of this franchise.

That’s why I want to reach out to you — our fans — about a topic I wish to address directly: the team name, “Washington Redskins.” While our focus is firmly on the playing field, it is important that you hear straight from me on this issue. As the owner of the Redskins and a lifelong fan of the team, here is what I believe … and why I believe it.

Like so many of you, I was born a fan of the Washington Redskins. I still remember my first Redskins game. Most people do. I was only six, but I remember coming through the tunnel into the stands at RFK with my father, and immediately being struck by the enormity of the stadium and the passion of the fans all around me.

I remember how quiet it got when the Redskins had the ball, and then how deafening it was when we scored. The ground beneath me seemed to move and shake, and I reached up to grab my father’s hand. The smile on his face as he sang that song … he’s been gone for 10 years now, but that smile, and his pride, are still with me every day.

That tradition — the song, the cheer — it mattered so much to me as a child, and I know it matters to every other Redskins fan in the D.C. area and across the nation.

Our past isn’t just where we came from — it’s who we are.

As some of you may know, our team began 81 years ago — in 1932 — with the name “Boston Braves.” The following year, the franchise name was changed to the “Boston Redskins.” On that inaugural Redskins team, four players and our Head Coach were Native Americans. The name was never a label. It was, and continues to be, a badge of honor.

In 1971, our legendary coach, the late George Allen, consulted with the Red Cloud Athletic Fund located on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota and designed our emblem on the Redskins helmets. Several years later, Coach Allen was honored by the Red Cloud Athletic Fund. On the wall at our Ashburn, Virginia, offices is the plaque given to Coach Allen — a source of pride for all of us. “Washington Redskins” is more than a name we have called our football team for over eight decades. It is a symbol of everything we stand for: strength, courage, pride, and respect — the same values we know guide Native Americans and which are embedded throughout their rich history as the original Americans.

I’ve listened carefully to the commentary and perspectives on all sides, and I respect the feelings of those who are offended by the team name. But I hope such individuals also try to respect what the name means, not only for all of us in the extended Washington Redskins family, but among Native Americans too.

Consider the following facts concerning the “Washington Redskins” name:

1) The highly respected Annenberg Public Policy Center polled nearly 1,000 self-identified Native Americans from across the continental U.S. and found that 90% of Native Americans did not find the team name “Washington Redskins” to be “offensive.”

2) In an April 2013 Associated Press survey, 79% of the respondents stated the Washington Redskins should not change their name, while only 11% believed the team’s name should change.

Paul Woody, a columnist for the Richmond Times Dispatch, interviewed three leaders of Virginia Native American tribes this May. They were all quoted by Mr. Woody as stating that the team name doesn't offend them – and their comments strongly supported the name “Washington Redskins.” Also in May, SiriusXM NFL Radio hosted Robert Green, the longtime and recently retired Chief of the Fredericksburg-area Patawomeck Tribe, who said, among other things:

“Frankly, the members of my tribe — the vast majority — don’t find it offensive. I’ve been a Redskins fan for years. And to be honest with you, I would be offended if they did change [the name, Redskins … This is] an attempt by somebody … to completely remove the Indian identity from anything and pretty soon… you have a wipeout in society of any reference to Indian people. … You can’t rewrite history — yes there were some awful bad things done to our people over time, but naming the Washington football team the Redskins, we don’t consider to be one of those bad things.”

Our franchise has a great history, tradition and legacy representing our proud alumni and literally tens of millions of loyal fans worldwide. We have participated in some of the greatest games in NFL history, and have won five World Championships. We are proud of our team and the passion of our loyal fans. Our fans sing “Hail to the Redskins” in celebration at every Redskins game. They speak proudly of “Redskins Nation” in honor of a sports team they love.

So when I consider the Washington Redskins name, I think of what it stands for. I think of the Washington Redskins traditions and pride I want to share with my three children, just as my father shared with me — and just as you have shared with your family and friends.

I respect the opinions of those who disagree. I want them to know that I do hear them, and I will continue to listen and learn. But we cannot ignore our 81 year history, or the strong feelings of most of our fans as well as Native Americans throughout the country. After 81 years, the team name “Redskins” continues to hold the memories and meaning of where we came from, who we are, and who we want to be in the years to come.

We are Redskins Nation ... and we owe it to our fans and coaches and players, past and present, to preserve that heritage.

With Respect and Appreciation,

Dan Snyder

PS. Wherever I go, I see Redskins bumper stickers, Redskins decals, Redskins t-shirts, Redskins … everything. I know how much this team means to you, and it means everything to me as well. Always has. I salute your passion and your pride for the Burgundy & Gold.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/dan-snyder-to-obama-were-keeping-the-redskins-name/article/2537046

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me that people will actually spend their time and energy over dumb shit like this.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me that people will actually spend their time and energy over dumb shit like this.

When you say people you are referring to politicians. Am I correct?

Because there is nothing wrong with pushing back on issues like this when politicians are the ones who began harping on it. Like the failure in chief.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »
October 9, 2013

To Everyone in our Washington Redskins Nation:

As loyal fans, you deserve to know that everyone in the Washington Redskins organization — our players, coaches and staff — are truly privileged to represent this team and everything it stands for. We are relentlessly committed to our fans and to the sustained long-term success of this franchise.

That’s why I want to reach out to you — our fans — about a topic I wish to address directly: the team name, “Washington Redskins.” While our focus is firmly on the playing field, it is important that you hear straight from me on this issue. As the owner of the Redskins and a lifelong fan of the team, here is what I believe … and why I believe it.

Like so many of you, I was born a fan of the Washington Redskins. I still remember my first Redskins game. Most people do. I was only six, but I remember coming through the tunnel into the stands at RFK with my father, and immediately being struck by the enormity of the stadium and the passion of the fans all around me.

I remember how quiet it got when the Redskins had the ball, and then how deafening it was when we scored. The ground beneath me seemed to move and shake, and I reached up to grab my father’s hand. The smile on his face as he sang that song … he’s been gone for 10 years now, but that smile, and his pride, are still with me every day.

That tradition — the song, the cheer — it mattered so much to me as a child, and I know it matters to every other Redskins fan in the D.C. area and across the nation.

Our past isn’t just where we came from — it’s who we are.

As some of you may know, our team began 81 years ago — in 1932 — with the name “Boston Braves.” The following year, the franchise name was changed to the “Boston Redskins.” On that inaugural Redskins team, four players and our Head Coach were Native Americans. The name was never a label. It was, and continues to be, a badge of honor.

In 1971, our legendary coach, the late George Allen, consulted with the Red Cloud Athletic Fund located on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota and designed our emblem on the Redskins helmets. Several years later, Coach Allen was honored by the Red Cloud Athletic Fund. On the wall at our Ashburn, Virginia, offices is the plaque given to Coach Allen — a source of pride for all of us. “Washington Redskins” is more than a name we have called our football team for over eight decades. It is a symbol of everything we stand for: strength, courage, pride, and respect — the same values we know guide Native Americans and which are embedded throughout their rich history as the original Americans.

I’ve listened carefully to the commentary and perspectives on all sides, and I respect the feelings of those who are offended by the team name. But I hope such individuals also try to respect what the name means, not only for all of us in the extended Washington Redskins family, but among Native Americans too.

Consider the following facts concerning the “Washington Redskins” name:

1) The highly respected Annenberg Public Policy Center polled nearly 1,000 self-identified Native Americans from across the continental U.S. and found that 90% of Native Americans did not find the team name “Washington Redskins” to be “offensive.”

2) In an April 2013 Associated Press survey, 79% of the respondents stated the Washington Redskins should not change their name, while only 11% believed the team’s name should change.

Paul Woody, a columnist for the Richmond Times Dispatch, interviewed three leaders of Virginia Native American tribes this May. They were all quoted by Mr. Woody as stating that the team name doesn't offend them – and their comments strongly supported the name “Washington Redskins.” Also in May, SiriusXM NFL Radio hosted Robert Green, the longtime and recently retired Chief of the Fredericksburg-area Patawomeck Tribe, who said, among other things:

“Frankly, the members of my tribe — the vast majority — don’t find it offensive. I’ve been a Redskins fan for years. And to be honest with you, I would be offended if they did change [the name, Redskins … This is] an attempt by somebody … to completely remove the Indian identity from anything and pretty soon… you have a wipeout in society of any reference to Indian people. … You can’t rewrite history — yes there were some awful bad things done to our people over time, but naming the Washington football team the Redskins, we don’t consider to be one of those bad things.”

Our franchise has a great history, tradition and legacy representing our proud alumni and literally tens of millions of loyal fans worldwide. We have participated in some of the greatest games in NFL history, and have won five World Championships. We are proud of our team and the passion of our loyal fans. Our fans sing “Hail to the Redskins” in celebration at every Redskins game. They speak proudly of “Redskins Nation” in honor of a sports team they love.

So when I consider the Washington Redskins name, I think of what it stands for. I think of the Washington Redskins traditions and pride I want to share with my three children, just as my father shared with me — and just as you have shared with your family and friends.

I respect the opinions of those who disagree. I want them to know that I do hear them, and I will continue to listen and learn. But we cannot ignore our 81 year history, or the strong feelings of most of our fans as well as Native Americans throughout the country. After 81 years, the team name “Redskins” continues to hold the memories and meaning of where we came from, who we are, and who we want to be in the years to come.

We are Redskins Nation ... and we owe it to our fans and coaches and players, past and present, to preserve that heritage.

With Respect and Appreciation,

Dan Snyder

PS. Wherever I go, I see Redskins bumper stickers, Redskins decals, Redskins t-shirts, Redskins … everything. I know how much this team means to you, and it means everything to me as well. Always has. I salute your passion and your pride for the Burgundy & Gold.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/dan-snyder-to-obama-were-keeping-the-redskins-name/article/2537046

Good letter.  Good for him.  I'm glad he's not bowing to pressure. 

AndreaRyc

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2013, 11:40:11 AM »
The name's gotta go.  It's racially insensitive.