Author Topic: Sly and Arnold, soon to be surpassed ?  (Read 3592 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sly and Arnold, soon to be surpassed ?
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
By today's muscle action stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Dwayne johnson (The Rock)

Just last year, Chris had  back to back weekends number one movies in the country with "The Avengers" and "Snow White and the Huntsman" he also released Red Dawn with 44 millions in home box office report......
Something I doubt neither Arnold or Sly have done to this date

For this year the 6'4" muscle actor already was part of  Star Trek Into Darkness", will be back as Thor The Dark World:  (in November )
and another likely to be a hit "Rush" ...... And the guy is only 29 years old.

As for Dwayne Johnson, so far this year (and were not even  half way  2013), he made G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Scores Second-Largest Easter Opening Ever

Pain & Gain"  number one movie on its release,  and "Fast Furious 6" number one movie in America as we speak........

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Sly and Arnold, soon to be surpassed ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:10:13 AM »
Inevitable. Sly n Arnie aren't great actors. They're not very believable in anything other than action films. Although sly was incredible in the first rocky. And now they r getting to old to be believable in action movies.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:42:55 AM »
Arnie and Sly had legendary hits. They're just ruining their legacy by overextending it.
No idea about the other dude, but the Rock is such a shit actor and none of them have the uniqueness of Sly or Arnie... typical for operation nothingness.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 03:55:00 AM »
T2 at the time broke all kinds of records and the numbers were just as large if not larger if you factor in the human population was 15-20 % lower then it is today.

Also Arnold was the highest paid actor in history at the time for a single role, 30 million for T3

Arnold is numero uno

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:26:04 AM »
The prove diversity and range Chris Hemsworth will take a role that requires him to be fat or have very little muscle. He will try to avoid being type casted as a muscle guy

I

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 04:53:40 AM »
The prove diversity and range Chris Hemsworth will take a role that requires him to be fat or have very little muscle. He will try to avoid being type casted as a muscle guy

he sucks as thor.  that movie was worst than green lamp.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »
chris hemsworth was in the first star trek as kirk's father and he was in red dawn. his brother was thor & in avengers, neither was in startrek into darkness.
sept 10th APF

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19:59 AM »
chris hemsworth was in the first star trek as kirk's father and he was in red dawn. his brother was thor & in avengers, neither was in startrek into darkness.

Thats what I was thinking.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 05:25:53 AM »
I must have really bad taste in movies, because I VERY MUCH ENJOYED "The Last Stand"  - well I could've done without Johnny Knoxville.... but as  a whole I liked the story!

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »
I guess you never saw Twins or Kindergarten Cop, or even Nighthawks, they aren't in any danger

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 05:49:57 AM »
I must have really bad taste in movies, because I VERY MUCH ENJOYED "The Last Stand"  - well I could've done without Johnny Knoxville.... but as  a whole I liked the story!

bro I did too, laughed my ass off for 5 minutes when buddy was climbing up the slanted pole and started rocking.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 06:42:12 AM »
More box office sales doesn't mean better it just proves people are even more retarded these days.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »

Not only that in an interview last year when asked if he was the next Arnold in Hollywood He said he don't want to be seen just as a muscle action hero.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »
T2 at the time broke all kinds of records and the numbers were just as large if not larger if you factor in the human population was 15-20 % lower then it is today.

Also Arnold was the highest paid actor in history at the time for a single role, 30 million for T3

Arnold is numero uno

true but the rock has more sandows than arnie

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 08:15:19 AM »

I did like it a lot too I saw it twice. I think Knoxville addiction to the cast was targeting the young MTV crowd. Latina Genesis Rodriguez hot daughter of spanish singer "El Puma" was another attempt to bring young Latinos but nothing worked.  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:48 AM »
Sly is a brilliant man.  He wrote most of the movies he was in, including Rocky.  How many screenplays has the Rock and Helsmith wrote?

Arnold was fucking Governer of Cali.

So no, they won't be surpassed by these dweebs.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »
Hemsworth has a great everyday look as thor

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »
stone cold steve austin was up for the role johnny played in "last stand", to bad he didn't get it.
sept 10th APF

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 08:51:43 AM »
The Rock is definitely being pushed as the new Arnold. And he fits that bill good.

This Thor guy. He fucking sucks.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »
i think "the rock" will die young though

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »
they were surpassed years ago

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
I did like it a lot too I saw it twice. I think Knoxville addiction to the cast was targeting the young MTV crowd. Latina Genesis Rodriguez hot daughter of spanish singer "El Puma" was another attempt to bring young Latinos but nothing worked.  
i was surprised I liked it. I thought it was going to unwatchable n I'm a die hard Arnie fan. Stupid how the vette was scooping up cars but other than that it exceeded my expectations.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »

i didn't like this although i did think arnold was very good.. the film on the whole was crap though  :-\

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
chris hemsworth  neither was in startrek into darkness.

My bad, I heard he was part of that movie, it was in spanish tv talking about him maybe they were talking about first one then.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
I think you have to "buy into" the character a little when you watch these types of action movies.

Rocky and Rocky II were both excellent.  After that, it became a little ridiculous.  Arnold was a good actor in some roles, but I got tired of him as well.

These guys hang on too long after they've lost their appeal.

By contrast, Sean Connery walked away from James Bond when he was still extremely popular.