Author Topic: measurements on preloaded insulin pens, not the same as "iu's"?  (Read 1399 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
if you take "16" "units" as indicated on the pen early in the day and "14 units" on the pen later in the day, that's 30 per day

but i read "no one goes over 10 iu per day"

does that mean the numbers on those preloaded pens are not "iu's"?

trying to figure out correct dosing for a diabetic relative

she's using preloaded pens now but since she cant afford it she would probably use vials of insulin now and need to know how much is the same quantity she was using

please advise, so that i dont accidentally get her killed

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
Re: measurements on preloaded insulin pens, not the same as "iu's"?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:18:40 AM »
The pens are in units, plenty of diabetics use more than 10 units a day!

The vials will have something on the side like 100 units in 1ml.....so if you draw up 0.1ml you have 10 units in the syringe.

Without seeing pics of the vials in question i cant be any more specific than that.
C.U.N.T

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:20:50 AM »
The pens are in units, plenty of diabetics use more than 10 units a day!

The vials will have something on the side like 100 units in 1ml.....so if you draw up 0.1ml you have 10 units in the syringe.

Without seeing pics of the vials in question i cant be any more specific than that.
ok am going to post a pic, but let me already ask

are these vials relatively easy to use for a 60 yr old woman who only used preloaded pens

can they use it to fill preloaded pens and load them up for a week?

or do they have to use a new syringe daily, and change needles to draw and inject etc like with steroids?

will post a pic in a moment

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 01:26:40 AM »
ok am going to post a pic, but let me already ask

are these vials relatively easy to use for a 60 yr old woman who only used preloaded pens

can they use it to fill preloaded pens and load them up for a week?

or do they have to use a new syringe daily, and change needles to draw and inject etc like with steroids?

will post a pic in a moment

In order:

She will find preloaded pens easier if that is what she has always used....most diabetics in western countries are on pens for that reason, its easier and safer....less chance of an OD when calculating units.

As far as i know preloaded pens cant be tampered with.

Of course she needs to change needles and syringes daily, asking for trouble if she doesnt.
C.U.N.T

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:36:06 AM »
In order:

She will find preloaded pens easier if that is what she has always used....most diabetics in western countries are on pens for that reason, its easier and safer....less chance of an OD when calculating units.

As far as i know preloaded pens cant be tampered with.

Of course she needs to change needles and syringes daily, asking for trouble if she doesnt.
ok but when money is the number one concern, is insulin significantly cheaper available in vials?

right now she is using nothing because "too expensive"

so therefor i am looking for cheapest option

definitely if she needs 30 iu per day and is using nothing she is gonna die soon? (fairly soon)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 01:39:06 AM »
kit 25 vials x 100mcg/vial

looking at this product^^^

so how many units are in such a vial?  trying to calculate price per iu so I can compare easily...

(if someone knows about where to get cheap preloaded pens also let me know)

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
kit 25 vials x 100mcg/vial

Are the vials 1ml?....if so then you have 100mcg in 1ml and most insulin needles work on 1ml of insulin being 100 units.
Take this with a pinch of salt, i could do with pics of these vials and what is actually written on them.
C.U.N.T

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:09 AM »
Why not simply google? ???

Sometimes peptides are measured in mg's, like gh.
Nordtropin pens use mg's. But it's an easy conversion, 1mg=3iu.

I have used the same needle a dozen times. One diabetic simply shot through his pants.
I don't recpmmend it, but problems are rare. But don't put a used needle in a vial. I have loaded
an insulin syringe full and used the same syringe/needle til it's gone.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 02:50:34 AM »
1 ml = 100 units

the syringe has 100 units so to get 16 units it is literally only 16% of the syringe. with gh it would only be 1.6 IU and this is why idiots fuck themselves up cause with insulin it is ten times more concentrated per IU

Now with insulin you don't change needle heads from withdrawing, assuming that is what you meant, like pull out with a 21 g and inject with a 23 g, no switching done with slin pins cause you are dealing with 29 and 30 g, just take it out and inject with the same syringe.

as for price, insulin is the cheapest thing in the world, it's like 50 bucks for 1000 units at the very most, that's like 50 cents per day if you are using 10 units a day

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 04:05:50 AM »
you a so dumb, ask medical questions your local physician who prescribed medication