Author Topic: Scheduled surgery  (Read 8914 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Scheduled surgery
« on: May 29, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »
What's up fellas, I've been MIA for two weeks but just stopping through. I have my arthroscopic surgery scheduled for tomorrow. It's for a labral tear in my shoulder. Surgery will be done by an orthopedic surgeon of a national hockey team who specializes in shoulders and knees only. This is an old injury from 7 years ago at the gym from doing behind the neck barbell presses heavy without a spotter. But I'm getting a second chance here to fix the partial tear, and be back in the gym down the road. Hope all's well with the rest of ya'll.

- Discuss
#

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Scheduled surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
  All the best

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
From a guy that just went through his 6th failed major back surgery, good luck to you. I hope you come out better than ever!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »
did you feel hardcore when you used too much weight too handle on a basicaly useless exercise?

good luck with the surgery, try other sport after it

Thanks, but what can I say bro? I was young and dumb, and to this day I remember I was too angry that day too from getting into it with my old man. As far as another sport, working out will always be there but i want to get back to swimming again too.
#

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
#

DPump

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:37:56 PM »
Good luck!!   And do ur rehab.  Do not do ranges that dont feel right. Pain will be the indicator of wat u can and cant do. Listen to ur body

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »
From a guy that just went through his 6th failed major back surgery, good luck to you. I hope you come out better than ever!

Thanks, and damn sorry to hear that. Why 6 times? I do know back surgeries are more complex than my type of surgery. But what caused the back injury, and did you not find a reputable back surgeon and also find a good physical therapist.
#

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
Had mine done in Jan 2013....good luck, recovery is hell...at least for me.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
Good luck!!   And do ur rehab.  Do not do ranges that dont feel right. Pain will be the indicator of wat u can and cant do. Listen to ur body

Well said. Although right now I have no pain and great range of motion, but the shoulder isnt stable enough to handle medium weights or stress from exercising without causing pain in the shoulder. Otherwise for somebody who doesnt work out, the condition my shoulder is now would be good enough for that only.
#

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

Thanks and sorry to hear about the recovery time. What type of injury did you have. And how reputable or good was your orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist.
#

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
Thanks and sorry to hear about the recovery time. What type of injury did you have. And how reputable or good was your orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist.

Slap tear 9-2 ortho does the falcons and braves players

I wrote a detail account under training...in injuries section

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=189633.0

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Speedy recovery iron brother. Wear that sling post op.  Just before you go under, grab one of the nurses boobs and blame the anesthetic- that's what I always do.   :D
a

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Thanks, and damn sorry to hear that. Why 6 times? I do know back surgeries are more complex than my type of surgery. But what caused the back injury, and did you not find a reputable back surgeon and also find a good physical therapist.

Thanks BigN, I have 2 degenerative diseases in my spine. I have had 2 fusions, plates put in, plates taken out. I just had a stim nerve stimulator put in 2 weeks ago,  it did nothing and they have already taken it back out. I have had over 40 injections, every type of therapy you can think of. The stimulator I just went through was the last option for pain relief. Now I just have to rely on the morphine sulfate I take for pain relief.
You should fly through yours with great success. Please keep us posted. I am 54 so I have that against me too. But I have been dealing with this back since I was 22.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
Thanks BigN, I have 2 degenerative diseases in my spine. I have had 2 fusions, plates put in, plates taken out. I just had a stim nerve stimulator put in 2 weeks ago,  it did nothing and they have already taken it back out. I have had over 40 injections, every type of therapy you can think of. The stimulator I just went through was the last option for pain relief. Now I just have to rely on the morphine sulfate I take for pain relief.
You should fly through yours with great success. Please keep us posted. I am 54 so I have that against me too. But I have been dealing with this back since I was 22.
Sorry to hear bro. I messed mine up once doing deads but a chiro showed me twists to do works every time I always have people to do them before training them. I hope it does not get worse down the road. Good luck.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
Speedy recovery iron brother. Wear that sling post op.  Just before you go under, grab one of the nurses boobs and blame the anesthetic- that's what I always do.   :D

Haha I will keep that in mind whenever I go under again!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 07:27:06 PM »
Good luck man. I fear I may have a similar injury.  :( I injured my shoulder back in October and its still bothering me.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 07:37:24 PM »
I have a 2 year old SLAP lesion.  Luckily, smarter training and low dose nandrolone keeps it feeling healthy and pain free. Good luck broham.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
august 2012. Still not right. Although I had other stuff in there too. Good luck!

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »
Both my brothers fucked up their shoulders doing sports, and they never fully recovered afterwards.

Pain, limited range of motion, and weird cracking noises still haunt them.

Good luck, phaggot.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 04:17:42 AM »
Thanks, but what can I say bro? I was young and dumb, and to this day I remember I was too angry that day too from getting into it with my old man. As far as another sport, working out will always be there but i want to get back to swimming again too.

I have been doing that and it feels awesome.  My shoulders ache but in the water they are great. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:41 AM »

Woah. That sucks. Makes me feel like a chump for complaining about my two bulging discs.  :-\

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
What's up fellas, I've been MIA for two weeks but just stopping through. I have my arthroscopic surgery scheduled for tomorrow. It's for a labral tear in my shoulder. Surgery will be done by an orthopedic surgeon of a national hockey team who specializes in shoulders and knees only. This is an old injury from 7 years ago at the gym from doing behind the neck barbell presses heavy without a spotter. But I'm getting a second chance here to fix the partial tear, and be back in the gym down the road. Hope all's well with the rest of ya'll.

- Discuss

You needed 7 years to gather the money for the surgery ?

$

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 04:52:58 AM »
I had an MRI on my shoulder in 2009, dislocated both several times - it showed an anterior labrum tear.

Been trying to rehab it myself, not too successfully, may have to take the plunge and get surgery too.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:07 AM »
Good luck - incredibly frustrating when you're hurt and not running on full steam.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 05:08:39 AM »
i sounded more harsh than i meant it, i had my share of self inflicted surgerys myself ;D

but yes, this "sport" has some dangers to it, many ppl quickly think the steroids are dangerous, haha, whats far more dangerous is the own ego leading to training injuries.

steroids will give acne, maybe limp dick for a month when coming off and elevated blood values, but an injury will be with you for the rest of your life.

today i was bit overly motivated during benchpressing and the rotator cuffs are already "thanking" me for that :-X

good luck, man prepare some books for recovery, eat the best foods during recovery, make yourself feel as good as possible 8)

Lol! Thanks bro will take your good advice.
#