Author Topic: Miami cops choke teenager because he gave them a stare  (Read 1169 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Miami cops choke teenager because he gave them a stare
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:23 PM »
Published time: May 30, 2013 19:44

A 14-year-old teenage boy was choked, slammed to the ground and arrested by Miami police officers who claim the teen stared at them in a “dehumanizing” way.

Tremaine McMillian, an African-American teenage boy from southern Florida, spent Memorial Day on the beach with his family. While he was ‘rough-housing’ with another teen on Haulover Beach, police drove by on an ATV and told him that his behavior was unacceptable.  They asked the boy where his parents where, and McMillian walked away.

The Miami-Dade police officers subsequently jumped off their ATVs to restrain the teen, claiming he gave them “dehumanizing stares” and “appeared threatening.” Maurissa Holmes, the mother of the boy, captured the incident on her cell phone. Video footage shows one police officer choking the 14-year-old boy while the other officer is restraining him.

“He started choking me, and as he was choking me, I urinated on myself because I couldn’t breathe,” McMillian told WSVN-TV after the incident. The boy’s mother was close by and ran over to the officers, telling them to get off. They told her to stand back.

“I ran over with my son and used my cell phone when I saw my son and he couldn’t breathe,” she told CBS4. “There was no reason to slam him on the ground like that the way they did. He’s a child, not an adult. For them to jump off their ATV and do this, this is wrong. I want justice. You don’t do that to a child.”

After the incident, the police said McMilliam clenched his fists, which made him appear threatening. But the boy says he was carrying and taking care of his Pit Bull puppy and giving the dog milk from a bottle right before the police attacked him, making it impossible for his fists to be clenched.

“That police report was not accurate,” the boy’s mother told CBS4. McMillian said the report also failed to mention the presence of his dog, which was also hurt by the officers.

“I feel sad. [The officer] got in front of me… and he slammed my hand,” the teen said, describing the incident. “Then he started choking me. Then my 6-week old Pit Bull mix named Polo got hurt and bruised his front paw when the police grabbed me and slammed me down. It makes me feel sad.”

Kearra McMillian, the victim’s sister, feels equally saddened by the event, and believes the officers responded out of rage that they were being ignored.

“My brother did nothing wrong,” she said. “He didn’t say anything to the officer. He just kept walking. I guess they just got mad because he wouldn’t stop.”

Miami-Dade Police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta defended the actions of the officers, claiming they did the right thing in restraining someone who appeared hostile, and that they had no choice but to take the boy into custody after he resisted their orders. He claims that flailing arms and clenched fists are considered a threat, and that the reports of the puppy’s presence are insignificant. McMillian has been charged with resisting arrest with violence, which is a felony, and disorderly conduct.

An assistant public defender at the Juvenile Justice Center has entered a plea of not guilty on behalf of the 14-year-old. Judge Maria DeJesus Santoveria has ordered a trial for the boy, which has been scheduled to begin July 16.

http://rt.com/usa/miami-cops-choke-teenager-mcmillan-025/
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Miami cops choke teenager because he gave them a stare
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:23 AM »
Generally when the police tell you that your behavior is unacceptable and ask where your parents are, it would be wise to answer them.  Instead the punk wanted to be a BAWSS but it ended with him pissing himself.  Ummm... ok. 

My question is what in the world was this kid doing with his mom and sister at Haulover Beach?  In case you are not aware, that is the biggest nude beach in the state of FL.   In addition, dogs are not allowed on Haulover Beach.  I am not even going to question how you can determine the dog's paw is bruised underneath it's fur.   ::)

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »
Most of this shit is so simple.. If a cop asks you to do something ya do it.. If you disobey and try to be a badass you will most likely get throttled.. Pretty elementary..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
the moment this is okay, then it's okay for police to choke out elderly women and 85 pound schoolteachers.

the moment we say it's cool for cops to abuse people because they have shit attitudes, we're in trouble.

Cause there are some a-hole cops that will just do this all day long.  This kid might have been quiet or angry or just a plain prick - whatever the case, he pissed himself after being choked.  SHit like that makes a kid go out of their way for the next 60 years to go out of their way to fck over the police. 

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
I agree..but the point I was making is if the kid would have done what the officers said none of it would have happened.. I do find it interesting that a kid that age showed such arrogance to the cops.. I bet he learned that in all likelihood... Note the mother took time to video it lol..

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
Generally when the police tell you that your behavior is unacceptable and ask where your parents are, it would be wise to answer them.  Instead the punk wanted to be a BAWSS but it ended with him pissing himself.  Ummm... ok. 

Quite correct.

When the Gestapo walk past and ask you to show your papers, do it without haste.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »
Most of this shit is so simple.. If a cop asks you to do something ya do it.. If you disobey and try to be a badass you will most likely get throttled.. Pretty elementary..

Correct - do as commanded by your superiors.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »
Quite correct.

When the Gestapo walk past and ask you to show your papers, do it without haste.

Correct - do as commanded by your superiors.

You must make a great slave. That's how things work when one lives in a system of tyranny.

ps: Cops are not your superiors, ...they're suppose to be your servants & protectors, ...not your terrorizers.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
Has anybody here had their picture taken by a cop as part of a traffic stop?
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
Has anybody here had their picture taken by a cop as part of a traffic stop?
Actually yea I have back when I was way younger

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
You must make a great slave. That's how things work when one lives in a system of tyranny.

ps: Cops are not your superiors, ...they're suppose to be your servants & protectors, ...not your terrorizers.

And you must make a great village idiot considering the fact you cannot spot the most obvious intentional irony.

Explains why you got suckered into Karatbars though.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 10:40:56 PM »
And you must make a great village idiot considering the fact you cannot spot the most obvious intentional irony.

Irony? ...are you sure you didn't mean sarcasm?

And how is one supposed to recognize that? ...with the majority of Americans gone batshit crazy over the past decade, ...I'm supposed to suddenly think there's an American with a functioning brain cell left?!

Explains why you got suckered into Karatbars though.

Suckered?  :o

People should be so lucky, ...and when they wake up, ...if they wake up, ...they're gonna wish they had been "suckered" like me, ...rather than living their new reality.
w

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
Aaaaaaah America the land of the free :D

Nazi germany is rolling in the grave.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »
Aaaaaaah America the land of the free :D

Nazi germany is rolling in the grave.

What country do you live in Achmed?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:35 AM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 02:58:04 AM »
What country do you live in Achmed?

He wishes he lived in a truly free islamic country: with sharia law and religious police (ah, let's call it "Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice"), women not being able to drive and wear only ninja rags, infidels slaughtered etc.

Abuse of power by police in the US is one thing but for a Canadian muslim to call the US worse than Nazi Germany is absurd.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »

If only Bugs could have done that before the 2000 elections.  ;D.  {sigh}
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 08:18:41 PM »
He wishes he lived in a truly free islamic country: with sharia law and religious police (ah, let's call it "Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice"), women not being able to drive and wear only ninja rags, infidels slaughtered etc.

Abuse of power by police in the US is one thing but for a Canadian muslim to call the US worse than Nazi Germany is absurd.

Are you sure that was what he was saying? I interpreted his remark slightly differently.

Ahmed, could you please clarify your remark. What exactly were you trying to state?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 10:30:51 PM »
Published time: May 30, 2013 19:44

A 14-year-old teenage boy was choked, slammed to the ground and arrested by Miami police officers who claim the teen stared at them in a “dehumanizing” way.

A Petition is circulating to have the felony charges against this child dropped.

So far, close to 24,000 signatures and climbing

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/738/704/644/drop-felony-charges-against-teen-arrested-for-giving-officers-a-funny-look/?z00m=20574785

w