Author Topic: Woman wins 1,000,000 on Wheel of Fortune!  (Read 5846 times)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Woman wins 1,000,000 on Wheel of Fortune!
« on: June 01, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »
 :o

Woman beats incredible odds to win $1 million prize on 'Wheel of Fortune'    

A California woman overcame incredibly slim odds when she took home the $1 million prize during the "Wheel of Fortune" bonus round on Thursday night. Autumn Ernhard became only the second person in the game's history to win the grand prize, the first being Michelle Loewenstein back in 2008. Ernhard, a 30-year-old sales rep from Laguna Nigel, Calif., managed to solve the bonus round puzzle despite having only four letters in the puzzle to work with. She proved to be a stellar player throughout the main game, solving all but one puzzle during the earlier rounds. She landed on the $1 million wedge during the fourth round of the game, then headed to the bonus round with more than $30,000 already in her pocket.

When Ernhard's chosen letters, along with the game's regular given letters, produced only four letters of the puzzle, host Pat Sajak remarked, "This looks challenging to me." The puzzle proved no problem for Ernhard, however, as was able to instantly solve it. "I was beyond ecstatic and couldn't wait to see what I had won," Ernhard posted on the "Wheel of Fortune" contestant blog. "Pat opens the card and it read ONE MILLION. Streamers and confetti came pouring from overhead while I was standing there with my hands covering my mouth in complete and utter shock. ... I didn't remember much after that other than shaking profusely in amazement, still with my hands covering my mouth!"

It certainly isn't easy to take home $1 million prize on "Wheel of Fortune," which was added to the show in 2008. In order to do so, a contestant must first land on the $1 million wedge, solve that puzzle, manage to avoid hitting bankrupt for the remainder of the game and be the night's big winner. After heading to the bonus round, the contestant must then land on the $1 million (they have a 1 in 24 chance of doing so).

The chances of a contestant doing all of this are about 1.38 percent -- and then they still have to solve the bonus round puzzle in less than10 seconds! Ernhard, who just turned 30, was chosen to be on the episode because she, like all of this week's contestants, was celebrating a 30-year milestone. "Wheel of Fortune" did the special "30-year-milestone" week in celebration of its 30th season on the air.

"What a crazy and adventurous couple of days," Ernhard wrote on the contestant blog. "I guess turning 30 hasn't been too bad!" Ernhard's parents and fiance, who had accompanied her to the taping, rushed to the stage to congratulate her, while the game's announcer, Jim Thornton, declared the grand total of her winnings to be $1,030,340.

Too cool. 8)

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
Re: Woman wins 1,000,000 on Wheel of Fortune!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:48 AM »
That is pretty amazing when you consider everything that has to go one's way up until that moment.

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:57:26 AM »
This is the video of the first million dollar winner.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 05:04:40 AM »
This is the video of the first million dollar winner.

WYHI?

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 05:09:20 AM »
Yes.

Then I'd make her pay me... like a gigolo. ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:52 AM »
the conspiracy theorist in me has to say "FIXED"

First off, she is super hot.  What I remember from wheel of fortune is a bunch of frumpy 50-somethings playing. Winner of the 2008 prize was also super hot, let me guess?

They just happened to be doing their 30th year celebration.   They spend $1 mil on this handout, and suddenly they have schleps like me - that haven't watched WOF in 15 years - glued to the youtube clip of it.  And the winning phrase is a hot chick saying "Tough workout!"   Right. 

I bet every envelope contained that #1 mil prize.  If I was running WOF, I'd be doing this shit all the time.  Uber hot girl wins million bucks.  Bravo.  I bet they're up for renewal too, lol...

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »
  IWHTB

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
She'll take home $500,000 a/f taxes then blow the rest in the next few years.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »

First off, she is super hot.  What I remember from wheel of fortune is a bunch of frumpy 50-somethings playing. Winner of the 2008 prize was also super hot, let me guess?

They just happened to be doing their 30th year celebration.   They spend $1 mil on this handout, and suddenly they have schleps like me - that haven't watched WOF in 15 years - glued to the youtube clip of it.  And the winning phrase is a hot chick saying "Tough workout!"   Right. 

I bet every envelope contained that #1 mil prize.  If I was running WOF, I'd be doing this shit all the time.  Uber hot girl wins million bucks.  Bravo.  I bet they're up for renewal too, lol...

Oh brother, you're probably one of those conspiracy theorists who thinks Ronnies never going to compete again.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
Well deserved win!

Hopefully that money will do some good for her and her family.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
Wow!

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 05:02:59 PM »
Show is rigged.  Bah!

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 06:28:39 PM »

I'm hearing you, but saying nice win for her,,good job

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »

But what other words could it have spelled? It was "Tough Workout". I must say these broads did pretty good to complete those words.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 01:06:49 AM »
I'm surprised some think it was rigged. :o ???

Anyway, seems like a nice kid. Hopefully, she'll be smart with the money.

Tigerblood

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 02:07:16 AM »
:o

Woman beats incredible odds to win $1 million prize on 'Wheel of Fortune'    

A California woman overcame incredibly slim odds when she took home the $1 million prize during the "Wheel of Fortune" bonus round on Thursday night. Autumn Ernhard became only the second person in the game's history to win the grand prize, the first being Michelle Loewenstein back in 2008. Ernhard, a 30-year-old sales rep from Laguna Nigel, Calif., managed to solve the bonus round puzzle despite having only four letters in the puzzle to work with. She proved to be a stellar player throughout the main game, solving all but one puzzle during the earlier rounds. She landed on the $1 million wedge during the fourth round of the game, then headed to the bonus round with more than $30,000 already in her pocket.

When Ernhard's chosen letters, along with the game's regular given letters, produced only four letters of the puzzle, host Pat Sajak remarked, "This looks challenging to me." The puzzle proved no problem for Ernhard, however, as was able to instantly solve it. "I was beyond ecstatic and couldn't wait to see what I had won," Ernhard posted on the "Wheel of Fortune" contestant blog. "Pat opens the card and it read ONE MILLION. Streamers and confetti came pouring from overhead while I was standing there with my hands covering my mouth in complete and utter shock. ... I didn't remember much after that other than shaking profusely in amazement, still with my hands covering my mouth!"

It certainly isn't easy to take home $1 million prize on "Wheel of Fortune," which was added to the show in 2008. In order to do so, a contestant must first land on the $1 million wedge, solve that puzzle, manage to avoid hitting bankrupt for the remainder of the game and be the night's big winner. After heading to the bonus round, the contestant must then land on the $1 million (they have a 1 in 24 chance of doing so).

The chances of a contestant doing all of this are about 1.38 percent -- and then they still have to solve the bonus round puzzle in less than10 seconds! Ernhard, who just turned 30, was chosen to be on the episode because she, like all of this week's contestants, was celebrating a 30-year milestone. "Wheel of Fortune" did the special "30-year-milestone" week in celebration of its 30th season on the air.

"What a crazy and adventurous couple of days," Ernhard wrote on the contestant blog. "I guess turning 30 hasn't been too bad!" Ernhard's parents and fiance, who had accompanied her to the taping, rushed to the stage to congratulate her, while the game's announcer, Jim Thornton, declared the grand total of her winnings to be $1,030,340.

Too cool. 8)

1 Million worth of paper? Sure sounds like a lot doesn't it. You guys are all suckers, you give in to this fake currency no wonder you're all stupid.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:36:07 AM »
Why haven't they posted a thread on getbig yet asking for investment advice  ??? ??? ???

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 04:14:59 AM »
I mean, that's great, but she will only end up with (~) $630K-$656K once federal taxes are taken into account (depending on how she files taxes) and only (~) $566K-$598K once CA income tax takes a bite, i.e., maybe one-half to one-third of what she'd need for a comfortable life in retirement. I wouldn't say that that's life changing at all.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
True. But it is a nice start.

It's enough for a nice home that can pretty much be bought and paid for depending on where's she's from (state). :)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »
I mean, that's great, but she will only end up with (~) $630K-$656K once federal taxes are taken into account (depending on how she files taxes) and only (~) $566K-$598K once CA income tax takes a bite, i.e., maybe one-half to one-third of what she'd need for a comfortable life in retirement. I wouldn't say that that's life changing at all.
not life changing. That's crazy. It wouldn't change ur life at all to have 600k plop in your lap? I get wut u r saying big picture n all but with Cali home prices right now they can buy a home with that. And that's not life changing?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:25 AM »
not life changing. That's crazy. It wouldn't change ur life at all to have 600k plop in your lap? I get wut u r saying big picture n all but with Cali home prices right now they can buy a home with that. And that's not life changing?

I'd take it. :) ;)