Author Topic: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie  (Read 725982 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie
« Reply #1150 on: July 14, 2014, 03:05:49 PM »
BIG AL... Stuntmovie - 1?!!!  I have no idea how that came about but I managed to win a brand new computer and during the sign in and password procedures, I apparently messed it up a bit.

Thanks for asking but I still see the original name on these here posts.

But you lost all your old posts. What happened?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1151 on: July 14, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
But you lost all your old posts. What happened?

No he didn't. His old posts, which go back to 2005, are still under the Stuntmovie handle. The most recent post on that account is June 21, 2014 a few weeks before his posts using the Stuntmovie1 account commenced.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1152 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »
No he didn't. His old posts, which go back to 2005, are still under the Stuntmovie handle. The most recent post on that account is June 21, 2014 a few weeks before his posts using the Stuntmovie1 account commenced.

Why the change, though?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1153 on: July 14, 2014, 09:09:38 PM »
Why the change, though?

Does this explain it?

BIG AL... Stuntmovie - 1?!!!  I have no idea how that came about but I managed to win a brand new computer and during the sign in and password procedures, I apparently messed it up a bit.

Thanks for asking but I still see the original name on these here posts.
[/quote]

stuntmovie1

• Getbig II
« Reply #1154 on: July 14, 2014, 10:46:45 PM »
PRIME, I'm a bit confused on why and how this name "change" came about but I think that while setting up this new computer, I forgot the password for STUNTMOVIE and decided to start anew with the new Stuntmovie-1 account.

Or something like that!

I may be stupid but I ain't dumb ....  but I am notorious at forgetting passwords and combination lock digits ...   but I can still remember every number I ever had since I learned how to dial a phone ... But back then there was no dialing and I sort of recall that I  had to turn a crank and give the operator the number I wanted to call if the  party line was not too busy.

Or something like that!

PRIME ... Is there any way to change me back to the Stuntmovie account without knowing the original password of that account?

Sorry for being off topic once again

BUT .... I had a good talk with the original BILL GRANT this afternoon and plan to bring anyone interested up-to-date regarding BILL some of the semi-original 'muscle beach dudes' of way back then.

And while I'm art it, I'll do my best to contact Gene Mozee who somehow manages to keep track of most of those long forgotten within the muscle game since the 1950's .... and possibly even beyond.

Thanks, PRIME!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1155 on: July 14, 2014, 10:59:12 PM »
PRIME, I'm a bit confused on why and how this name "change" came about but I think that while setting up this new computer, I forgot the password for STUNTMOVIE and decided to start anew with the new Stuntmovie-1 account.

Or something like that!

I are stupid but I ain't dumb but I am notorious for forgetting passwords and combination lock digest  but I can still remember every phone number I ever had since I learned how to dial a phone ... But back then there was no dialing and I sort of remember that I  had to turn a crank and give the operator the number I wanted to call if the  party line was not too busy.

Or something like that!

PRIME ... Is there any way to change me back to the Stuntmovie account without knowing the original password of that account?

Sorry for being off topic once again

BUT .... I had a good talk with the original BILL GRANT this afternoon and plan to bring anyone interested up-to-date regarding BILL some of the semi-original 'muscle beach dudes' of way back then.

And while I'm art it, I'll do my best to contact Gene Mozee who somehow manages to keep track of most of those long forgotten within the muscle game since the 1950's .... and possibly even beyond.

Thanks, PRIME!

What you suggest is probably what happened with your account. Interesting that you can remember numbers but not passwords. I have the same issue. I can remember phone numbers and addresses, but I might forget my best friend's name. There are some Primemuscle1 accounts floating about the internet simple because I couldn't remember my password for the site. I am considering using one of the identity safes that various programs and services offer like, Norton and Xfinity.

If it really matters to you to get your Stuntmovie without the 1 back, you should contact Ron. He might be able to do something for you. It is pretty obvious you both Stuntmovie and Stuntmovie1 when you look at the post history. There is never a time both Stuntmovies were posting simultaneously.

stuntmovie1

• Getbig II
« Reply #1156 on: July 14, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »
Thanks, PRIME! I'll be seeing RON soon and ask for a fix if one is really needed. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1157 on: July 18, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »
 ;D another early day MB pic.
F

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1158 on: July 18, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
;D another early day MB pic.

Oh lord!  Women were so classy back then. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1159 on: July 18, 2014, 09:37:43 PM »
Oh lord!  Women were so classy back then. 

Thank you for recognizing and posting this. I wanted to, but feared that some would just think I was out of touch because I am a senior citizen.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Waik
« Reply #1160 on: July 19, 2014, 10:00:17 AM »
Scott / Prime .... I don't think bikinis became popular until many years after that photo was taken, but  once the two-piece suit became popular, the ladies never went back.

One elderly family member of mine used to sit on  Waikiki Beach behind the Royal Hawaiian Hotel every day with her old circle of friends while knitting two piece suits for the locals at $6 each.

She was instrumental in popularizing the bikini in Hawaii.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Waik
« Reply #1161 on: July 19, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »
Scott / Prime .... I don't think bikinis became popular until many years after that photo was taken, but  once the two-piece suit became popular, the ladies never went back.

One elderly family member of mine used to sit on  Waikiki Beach behind the Royal Hawaiian Hotel every day with her old circle of friends while knitting two piece suits for the locals at $6 each.

She was instrumental in popularizing the bikini in Hawaii.

My mom wore two-piece swimsuits from the mid 1940's on. She had a nice slim body (no boobs to speak of), but otherwise she had an athletic build. Two piece suits in those days were very modest by comparison to what came later. The suit bottoms had modesty panels and went clear to the waist. All that was bare, was the midriff. One of the benefits of a two-piece suit over a one piece, according to my mom, was it gave her more freedom of movement when swimming. She loved the beach. When I was a kid, as soon as the weather was starting to warm, we'd be at State Beach in Santa Monica, CA from mid-morning until sundown. She'd even keep me home from school sometimes so we could go to the beach. Those were the days. Life was carefree.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1162 on: July 19, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »
Thank you for recognizing and posting this. I wanted to, but feared that some would just think I was out of touch because I am a senior citizen.

Trust me my dear friend, you are neither out of touch nor out of your mind. 

Looking at the past and staring at the present this much is readily apparent.  Where once there was class, there is now naught but ass.  I much prefer the playground of my own mind versus having everything a woman has thrown at me all at once.

In all ways and for always, be well.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1163 on: July 20, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
Time to take a break from the normal....   before getting back to the abs-normal ....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1164 on: July 20, 2014, 02:49:57 PM »
Mid-western friends (muscleheadz) are coming to California for their first coastal visit  - eastt or west.

I told them I'd take them to Muscle Beach.

Their response was,,,, "Nah! .... We just want to see the ocean!"

I've never lived further than a couple of blocks from the sea. Even fought a few battles within the sight of some perfect surfing sites.

How many GetBiggers have never seen the ocean??

Until now, I've never though of that being remotely possible.

But I've never seen a cow give birth ... so what the hell do I know.

On numerous occasions they leap in a give a hand. (literally)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1165 on: July 20, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »
Mid-western friends (muscleheadz) are coming to California for their first coastal visit  - eastt or west.

I told them I'd take them to Muscle Beach.

Their response was,,,, "Nah! .... We just want to see the ocean!"

I've never lived further than a couple of blocks from the sea. Even fought a few battles within the sight of some perfect surfing sites.

How many GetBiggers have never seen the ocean??

Until now, I've never though of that being remotely possible.

But I've never seen a cow give birth ... so what the hell do I know.

On numerous occasions they leap in a give a hand. (literally)

I've seen the Pacific ocean at various locations from Ensenada all the way north to Victoria B.C. I crossed the Atlantic twice on the Ile de France, stayed in Brittany France, lived on Nantucket Island, on the coast of Maine, walked on the boardwalk at Coney Island and in Atlantic City. Walked the sands of the Gulf of Mexico in Alabama and Louisiana. I've never been to the far east or as best as I know seen the Mediterranean. -Never been to the North or South poles or South American. Would like to visit Australia and New Zeeland some day before I die.

Just so you know, I've also seen a cow give birth when I lived with cousins on a their dairy farm in Michigan.   

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #1166 on: July 20, 2014, 10:53:16 PM »
Prime I know State Beach well. My college beach. I played volleyball 'till I dropped. We built our own mini surf boards and called them Belly Boards. Life Magazine took pics of us belly boarding some State Beach storm breakers one December. No wet suits just white T shirts. The term Belly Board went world wide. My high school summers were spent at Sorrento Beach just south of State. Grammar school years were spent at Muscle Beach. I remember filling water melons with Myers 151 Rum and bringing them to State.

I also had amazing beach time around the world and sailed both the Mediterranean amd Caribbean. I may never see the sea again and thats OK with me. I now enjoy the lakes and streams of Arizona's White Mountains. I saw a giraffe give birth.

Life has been amazing.......

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1167 on: July 20, 2014, 11:32:27 PM »
Prime I know State Beach well. My college beach. I played volleyball 'till I dropped. We built our own mini surf boards and called them Belly Boards. Life Magazine took pics of us belly boarding some State Beach storm breakers one December. No wet suits just white T shirts. The term Belly Board went world wide. My high school summers were spent at Sorrento Beach just south of State. Grammar school years were spent at Muscle Beach. I remember filling water melons with Myers 151 Rum and bringing them to State.

I also had amazing beach time around the world and sailed both the Mediterranean amd Caribbean. I may never see the sea again and thats OK with me. I now enjoy the lakes and streams of Arizona's White Mountains. I saw a giraffe give birth.

Life has been amazing.......

My parents had a place in Beverly Hills and later in West Los Angeles, State Beach was a short trip from our home. My mom would have the house in order by 9:00 a.m. then we'd be packing the Caddy up with our beach stuff and off we went. We were both so tan, we looked Indian accept with blond hair and light colored eyes.

When I was in my teens, my parents bought a small weekend horse/hobby farm (an acre) in Encino. There was an Olympic size pool with diving board in the yard. The beach trips were much less frequent when we lived there. When I was in High School, most of the kids I hung with went to Zuma Beach. I missed going to State Beach. As soon as I was old enough to drive and my parents bought me a car, I was headed back to State Beach every chance I got.

When my mom and I went to State Beach, I'd sometimes hike all the way down to muscle beach, because even as a kid, I wanted to be built like those fella's. Muscle Beach being at on end of Santa Monica and State Beach at the other, I am surprised my mom let be go this far....hmm, maybe she was trying to get rid of me. LOL!

I live in Oregon now. The beach here is nice but the water is freezing even in the summer. The weather at the beach is generally sunny in late August and September. Any earlier than that, you never know what you will get weather wise after driving 80 miles to Cannon Beach or Seaside. I don't get down to the beach very often these days.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1168 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:23 AM »
What a great thread and a true pleasure and honour to be able to read it.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1169 on: July 24, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »
Honest BOB, If you're honestly being honest, I gotta say, " I honestly thank ya."

But ... We've honestly gotta say that we've been getting a bit off topic lately.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #1170 on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:38 PM »
Can I stay off topic for one more minute?

Hey Prime remember Curries Ice Cream Parlor at Yarmoth and Ventura Blvd. Encino? They had an amazing juke box selector at each table and a Swami napkin holder that would answer yes/no questions. Also Suzie Black worked there. I had an amazing crush on her. We dated only once....sadly.  Later she went to USC and married one of the McKeever brothers. (football fame twins).

OK Stunt I promise...thats it. Back to MB.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1171 on: July 24, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
Shit, Yea! That's OK, MB.

Many old farts believe that Lana Turner was discovered there.

I met her  once .... or maybe it was her daughter.

By the way ..... Arnold ate good Jewish food at Zucky's. (Muscle Beach related)

And just about every wanna-be who ever lifted heavy things or only drempt about lifitng heavy things had many an early meal at The German's. (Muscle Beach related)

ANd the bigger muscle guys  who lifted heavy things (often placeing cars on sidewalks for lafffs) put the Swedish Smorgasboard Buffet out of business after a couple of months of operation. (Muscle Beach related).

Sorry ... off topic a little bit.

And many bodybuilders often "fine dine" at The Original Pantry in downtown LA a block or two from Staple's Center.

Opps ... Sorry to be off topic,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1172 on: July 24, 2014, 11:06:39 PM »
Can I stay off topic for one more minute?

Hey Prime remember Curries Ice Cream Parlor at Yarmoth and Ventura Blvd. Encino? They had an amazing juke box selector at each table and a Swami napkin holder that would answer yes/no questions. Also Suzie Black worked there. I had an amazing crush on her. We dated only once....sadly.  Later she went to USC and married one of the McKeever brothers. (football fame twins).

OK Stunt I promise...thats it. Back to MB.

Sorry I don't remember the place you speak of. At the end of Densmore Street, which is the street I lived on, was a Love's Barbecue. I think we ate there at least once a week. Also on  that corner of Ventura was a chilidog stand. My daily snack getting off the bus from school was a chilidog and shoestring potatoes. It is amazing that I didn't get fat in those days.

Do you remember Du-Par's in North Hollywood? They had the best coleslaw. My dad and I used to eat at the Hotdog Show on the corner of Ventura and Coldwater.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1173 on: July 24, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »
Shit, Yea! That's OK, MB.

Many old farts believe that Lana Turner was discovered there.

I met her  once .... or maybe it was her daughter.

By the way ..... Arnold ate good Jewish food at Zucky's. (Muscle Beach related)

And just about every wanna-be who ever lifted heavy things or only drempt about lifitng heavy things had many an early meal at The German's. (Muscle Beach related)

ANd the bigger muscle guys  who lifted heavy things (often placeing cars on sidewalks for lafffs) put the Swedish Smorgasboard Buffet out of business after a couple of months of operation. (Muscle Beach related).

Sorry ... off topic a little bit.

And many bodybuilders often "fine dine" at The Original Pantry in downtown LA a block or two from Staple's Center.

Opps ... Sorry to be off topic,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1174 on: July 24, 2014, 11:14:31 PM »
Wasn't Lana discover on Sunset at Schwabs? Her daughter Cheryl Crane was "discovered" after she supposedly killed Johnny Stompanado, her mother's lover.