Author Topic: George Zimmerman's attorneys apologize for mischaracterizing evidence  (Read 2128 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Source: NBC News

By Daniel Arkin, Staff Writer, NBC News

Attorneys for George Zimmerman apologized Sunday for mischaracterizing evidence they said boosted their theory that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor in his fatal meeting with their client last year.

Lawyer Mark O’Mara said during a hearing last Tuesday that the defense had obtained video footage of three fights, including one in which he said two of Martin’s friends "were beating up a homeless guy."

But Zimmerman's defense team corrected that statement on Sunday, saying O'Mara had unintentionally "misstated the nature" of the footage.

In a statement posted on Zimmerman’s website, the defense lawyers said the footage actually showed "two homeless guys fighting each other over a bike."

More at the link

Read more: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/02/18702011-george-zimmermans-attorneys-apologize-for-mischaracterizing-evidence?lite

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ya gotta give the lawyer props for having the balls to pull such a move.  He knew what was on that video lol. 

this trial should be entertaining like that.   I know zimm will never take the stand, of course, but willingness to pull shit like this shows the dude is just ready to pull anything.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
ya gotta give the lawyer props for having the balls to pull such a move.  He knew what was on that video lol. 

this trial should be entertaining like that.   I know zimm will never take the stand, of course, but willingness to pull shit like this shows the dude is just ready to pull anything.

No, that's the kind of shit that a judge needs to make sure is not tolerated in a courtroom.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
No, that's the kind of shit that a judge needs to make sure is not tolerated in a courtroom.

it's been amateur hour so far.  Remember when the first lawyer declined, then claimed, then un-claimed the use of "Stand your ground"?  haha.

Given the 911 call, I can't see any scenario where he just walks.  I think they'll plead out shortly. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
it's been amateur hour so far.  Remember when the first lawyer declined, then claimed, then un-claimed the use of "Stand your ground"?  haha.

Given the 911 call, I can't see any scenario where he just walks.  I think they'll plead out shortly. 

Nope, both sides have been attempting to influence the jury pool, IMO.

He may plead, but I think the prosecution is now backed into a hole.  My guess would be the charge would have to keep him in prison for a long time, so it may just be worth fighting.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

how can you "mischaracterize" that kind of video.....Zim's attorney's out and out LIED...wow

tonymctones

• Getbig V
how can you "mischaracterize" that kind of video.....Zim's attorney's out and out LIED...wow
LOL I have to agree, either that or he didnt even watch it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I'm gonna go with option bravo. Bet the dude didn't even watch it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

He's had plenty of time.  They've been VERY good at putting out what they wanted.  The trial starts this week, doesn't it?  It was smart to have that 'mistake'.  Wasn't ethical, but hey, that doesn't win cases.

Didn't the lawyer also 'accidentally' state someone's body weight wrong by 30 pounds when trying to say they were about the same size?  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Sloppy.  Good that he owned his mistake.  I wonder if the prosecution will own withholding evidence?  http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/29/3422519/lawyer-zimmerman-prosecutor-withheld.html

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: George Zimmerman's attorneys apologize for mischaracterizing evidence
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »
Sloppy.  Good that he owned his mistake.  I wonder if the prosecution will own withholding evidence?  http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/29/3422519/lawyer-zimmerman-prosecutor-withheld.html

hahahahahaha mistake,some on here are pretty gullible

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 02:57:50 PM »

hahahahahaha mistake,some on here are pretty gullible

It was intentional?  How do you know? 

Was the prosecution withholding evidence a mistake or intentional?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »
V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 12:50:42 AM »
It was intentional?  How do you know? 

Was the prosecution withholding evidence a mistake or intentional?

Oh both side have been doing this "accidental" shit.   It's on purpose.  Anyone who believes both sides keep making these mistakes - which benefit their cause - is pretending.

Everyone knows what both of these shady sides are doing. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 05:23:58 AM »
Chris Rock - George Zimmerman can eat a dick  HA HA

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
V