Author Topic: The farce that is Darrell Issa  (Read 851 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The farce that is Darrell Issa
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »
He's a buffoon who even some in his own party attack. But make no mistake: He is a symbol of today's GOP

BY JOAN WALSH

The only thing that makes Rep. Darrell Issa remotely qualified to chair the House Oversight Committee is his personal familiarity with the investigative process – on the receiving end. The man Republican House Speaker John Boehner put in charge of investigating government wrongdoing was himself indicted for stealing a car, accused of stealing at least one other car, arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, and twice suspected of insurance fraud – and once extensively investigated by authorities for arson, because his former business associates accused him, on the record, of burning down a building to collect the insurance payout.

Democrats love to hate the silly, camera-chasing Issa, who came to power in 2011 promising to put the White House under generalized investigation. But now even some Republicans are happy to criticize Issa too. It’s easy for them to denounce his calling Jay Carney a “paid liar,” as well as his evidence-free claim that the IRS mess was directed from Washington D.C., while they continue to participate in smearing the White House with non-scandals themselves, nonetheless.

Issa’s extremist idiocy lets “reasonable” Republicans denounce him and/or his rhetoric, while they continue their own ethically, intellectually and politically blinkered crusades against President Obama. Sure, Sen. John McCain says it was wrong to call Carney a “paid liar” – but also on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” he compared the IRS mess to Ronald Reagan’s deadly Iran-Contra scandal. Um, no.

Scandal-drunk Sen. Lindsey Graham says Issa went too far when he said the IRS agents who keyword-targeted Tea Party groups “were directly being ordered from Washington.” But he continued to hype the IRS story. “At the end of the day, the IRS scandal really is scary,” he told Fox’s Brian Kilmeade. “How would you like your own government to turn on you?” Is that really what happened, Lindsey Graham? And if so, it happened most brutally to a Democratic group, Emerge America, which had its tax-exempt status revoked.

full article
http://www.salon.com/2013/06/04/the_farce_that_is_darrell_issa/

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: The farce that is Darrell Issa
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »
Much ado about nothing - but hey... there's 24 hours news networks and radio that must be filled with issue.

Frankly, I'd argue that any politician's spokesperson is paid to lie (which conveys a subtly different meaning that what Issa said). But what can you expect when you're in the employ of a professional liar?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »
I dont care that he has a shady past.  Voters looked past those crimes and elected him.  So be it.

I don't like him because he is INNEFFECTIVE.   Obama was guilty as shit in fast & furious and after waffling for 3+ years, the case was never pursued and obama just classified everything.  Clinton sure as shit didn't have tha tpower because Ken Starr was all over that shit (as was Newt).  They went from dress to impeachment in 10 months, didn't they? 

Sorry, but he's ineffective.  You put Cruz in there and Obama is pleading the fifth by Valentine's Day.  Issa will still be giving speeches on FOX by then...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »
Darrell Issa is 100 percent Alpha. He's a high school dropout and self-made multi-millionaire. He's the second wealthiest man in Congress and nobody ever gave him a thing. You think you get to a position like this by playing by the rules and being a nice guy? All of the things u guys talk about doing on Internet forums he's done or is doing. Respect the Alpha.

Issa's business experience is very shady to say the least

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
Hahahahahahahaahaha..... Joan Walsh.

OH BROTHER

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
You go out in the world and make a half-billion dollars from scratch like Issa has. Show me one guy at this level of earnings who isn't shady as shit. In fact, Issa's probably less sketchy than many others.

he didn't exactly make it from scratch and I'm just pointing out the guy has a history of being involved in criminal activity

he's really floundering badly right now and he basically is already failure because he was supposed to be one of the attack dogs that were going to prevent Obama from having a second term

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
Much ado about nothing - but hey... there's 24 hours news networks and radio that must be filled with issue.

Frankly, I'd argue that any politician's spokesperson is paid to lie (which conveys a subtly different meaning that what Issa said). But what can you expect when you're in the employ of a professional liar?

What is nothing? 

The Irs scandal?  The targeting of journalists?  Benghazi?  The using fake emails?  Fast n Furious? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:06:40 PM »
He's a "failure"? He's worth 1/2 billion dollars and he's a US Congressman in what's basically a second career for him. You must be pretty successful. And how was some congressman from California with limited appeal outside of his district going to deny the Big Dog his second term? Obama is the # 1 Alpha in US politics right now. In this respect, Issa isn't anywhere near his level.

He's a failure in his role as Republican attack dog

I didn't say he was a failure in business or anything else

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 06:10:02 PM »
He's a failure in his role as Republican attack dog

I didn't say he was a failure in business or anything else
how was he supposed to stop obama from getting second term?

who determined that was his job?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
how was he supposed to stop obama from getting second term?

who determined that was his job?

I did

it's my opinion just like most of the posts on this board

Issa failure in this task is not his fault as the lack of evidence in Fast and Furious, Bengazi, etc.. is certainly not his fault

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:17:56 PM »
I did

Issa failure in this task is not his fault as the lack of evidence in Fast and Furious, Bengazi, etc.. is certainly not his fault
IC well in that case it was your task to present a coherent argument...you failed!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »
IC well in that case it was your task to present a coherent argument...you failed!!!

you're certainly entitled to that opinion

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »
Hahahahahahahaahaha.....Joan Walsh.

OH BROTHER

Hahaha! Did you stop reading when you saw her name, too?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
I did

::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »
::)

get back in touch when Issa accomplished anything on any of these so called scandals

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
get back in touch when Issa accomplished anything on any of these so called scandals

So your opinion is that nothing wrong has occurred correct?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 06:47:45 PM »
So your opinion is that nothing wrong has occurred correct?

I didn't say that at all

certainly some "wrong" things occurred in some of these so called scandals

The reports on Benghazi noted many failures of State Department procedures and certainly that could be called "wrong"
The IG report (If I recall correctly) lists that the IRS might have done "wrong (I disagree with some)
I've written quite a bit about the IRS scandal on this board

just because some things are "wrong" does not mean they are crimes (do I really have to tell you this counselor) nor that Obama has any culpability

Why do you need stuff like this clarified?

What is wrong with you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
What is nothing? 

The Irs scandal?  The targeting of journalists?  Benghazi?  The using fake emails?  Fast n Furious? 

In that case, Issa is certainly underachiving!

Obama should have been impeached for all that buuuulshit.