Author Topic: New book: Bill Clinton forges secret deal with ‘incompetent’ Obama  (Read 1803 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Pretty harsh words by Clinton.  Strange bedfellows. 

New book: Bill Clinton forges secret deal with ‘incompetent’ Obama
The Washington Times
Monday, June 3, 2013

Noted political writer Edward Klein claims in his latest book that former President Bill Clinton dismissed President Obama as inept and incapable of performing the duties of the White House — but that he formed a secret deal to give him an endorsement for office anyway.

Mr. Klein’s book is called “The Amateur,” and it’s published by Regnery.

The deal was this: Mr. Clinton would endorse Mr. Obama for the White House in 2012 if Mr. Obama would endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president in 2016, the book claimed.

At the same time, Mr. Clinton wasn’t completely happy about the deal — he would have preferred his wife challenge Mr. Obama for the White House in 2012, Mr. Klein’s book claimed.

Bluntly, Mr. Clinton thought Mr. Obama wasn’t up to the job, Mr. Klein wrote.

In the book, Mr. Klein writes that several sources attributed Mr. Clinton as saying: “I’ve heard more from Bush, asking for my advice, than I’ve heard from Obama. I have no relationship with the president — none whatsoever. Obama doesn’t know how to be president. He doesn’t know how the world works. He’s incompetent. He’s an amateur.”

Nonetheless, Mr. Clinton ultimately endorsed Mr. Obama for a second term — at the pushing of political adviser David Axelrod, who was watching Republican challenger Mitt Romney’s rising poll numbers with alarm, Mr. Klein said in his book.

White House press secretary Jay Carney dismissed the report of Mr. Obama’s agreeing to endorse Mrs. Clinton.

“I can assure you the president is not thinking about the next presidential election, having just recently won the last one,” he said.

Mr. Klein previously penned books about Mrs. Clinton and the Kennedys and is a former foreign editor at Newsweek.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/3/new-book-bill-clinton-forges-secret-deal-incompete/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
In the book, Mr. Klein writes that several sources attributed Mr. Clinton as saying: “I’ve heard more from Bush, asking for my advice, than I’ve heard from Obama. I have no relationship with the president — none whatsoever. Obama doesn’t know how to be president. He doesn’t know how the world works. He’s incompetent. He’s an amateur.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: New book: Bill Clinton forges secret deal with ‘incompetent’ Obama
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
Clinton is good at making deals with presidential contenders.

His encouraging Trump to run AGAINST hilary says a lot...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:22:08 PM »
How desperate are you to make a non-point as to go back 2 year to resurrect a thread. How many is this so far? You do this whenever an election is coming up. Don't forget the last election you had your ass handed to you. Although they've proven to be just as useless as the left. Personally I think they're being coerced. Same as Roberts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:46:26 PM »
How desperate are you to make a non-point as to go back 2 year to resurrect a thread. How many is this so far? You do this whenever an election is coming up. Don't forget the last election you had your ass handed to you. Although they've proven to be just as useless as the left. Personally I think they're being coerced. Same as Roberts.

Personally you think WHO is being coerced?  Senate?  You think 51 republican senators are somehow being "forced" to vote liberal?  You think so?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »
Clinton is good at making deals with presidential contenders.

His encouraging Trump to run AGAINST hilary says a lot...

and you're good at falling for every crazy thing you read on the interweb (you're still not in JoeLoco's league)

The call, the aide said, came after Trump reached out to Clinton "a few times" before the businessman decided to run for the Republican presidential nomination. Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton's wife, was already running for president at the time.

"While we don't make it a practice to discuss the President's private conversations, we can tell you that the presidential race was not discussed," the aide said, adding that the duo had not talked since the late May

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/05/politics/donald-trump-bill-clinton-2016/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 09:08:55 PM »
OF COURSE clinton is going to deny "I told him to run against hilary so we could do the whole, dem plant thing".

LOL!

They're admitting Clinton "encouraged Trump to expand his role".... that means running, dude. 

Hilary LOVES the idea of running against Trump.  The nation is tired of obama, and hilary is tired and old, and a good repub could beat her.  But Trump?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
OF COURSE clinton is going to deny "I told him to run against hilary so we could do the whole, dem plant thing".

LOL!

They're admitting Clinton "encouraged Trump to expand his role".... that means running, dude. 

Hilary LOVES the idea of running against Trump.  The nation is tired of obama, and hilary is tired and old, and a good repub could beat her.  But Trump?   

and of course you're going to believe it

Why would Hilary love the idea of running against Trump when you actually believe that Trump is a Democratic plant

Dude - you can't even keep you CT's straight anymore

Let me guess - the secret plan with Bill and Hillary is for Trump to run and win the nomination and then act like a huge jackass and hand Hilary the election

Is that what you're thinking?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
Personally you think WHO is being coerced?  Senate?  You think 51 republican senators are somehow being "forced" to vote liberal?  You think so?

It doesn't have to be all 51.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »
It doesn't have to be all 51.

you're alleging a massive conspiracy here.  You think it's MORE likely that "someone is blackmailing, bribing, scaring senators and SCOTUS" - you're saying that's more likely than "the repubs who claimed to be conservative to get elected suddenly started acting liberal once they got in power".

IMO, it's way more likely these idiots acted conservative to get the job - then decided to spend resources like drunken sailors once they had a taste of power.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »
Let me guess - the secret plan with Bill and Hillary is for Trump to run and win the nomination and then act like a huge jackass and hand Hilary the election
Is that what you're thinking?

Let's start small.  I do respect your opinion on many matters, and I think there is something interesting here.

Can we agree that there's a strong possibility, the "plant an opponent on the opposite side" was used with Alvin Greene?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Greene
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0611/The-curious-case-of-Alvin-Greene-surprise-Senate-candidate

Can we agree there's a good possibility "someone" from the repubs wrote the $10,400 check so Greene (flat broke facing sex charges) was able to file and run, in order to affect the voting outcome?  (This is a US Senate seat)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 12:15:26 AM »
you're alleging a massive conspiracy here.  You think it's MORE likely that "someone is blackmailing, bribing, scaring senators and SCOTUS" - you're saying that's more likely than "the repubs who claimed to be conservative to get elected suddenly started acting liberal once they got in power".

IMO, it's way more likely these idiots acted conservative to get the job - then decided to spend resources like drunken sailors once they had a taste of power.

You've been right twice in 8 years. Go with the odds.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 07:22:43 AM »
You've been right twice in 8 years. Go with the odds.

you have zero self-awareness.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 07:34:32 AM »
You're so dug in with trump suddenly, I don't think u could admit trump is a Clinton plant, to make her path to White House smoother.   It's looking more and more obvious each day.