Author Topic: Self employed/health insurance  (Read 4299 times)

CC973

• Getbig III
Self employed/health insurance
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »
I've been self employed for the past 2 years and need to look into getting some health insurance.

Any advice from people who pay for their own?  What type of monthly payments do you make?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Self employed/health insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 08:24:48 AM »
I've been self employed for the past 2 years and need to look into getting some health insurance.

Any advice from people who pay for their own?  What type of monthly payments do you make?

Why not opt for the insurance offered via the Affordable Care Act?

Wouldn't it save you money?

"1"

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:31:25 AM »

Humana one ppo....thats what I use....high deductible. 2500 per/5000 fam costs me 550 a month in GA.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »

"1"

Bwahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha...that was funny.. I lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »

"1"

lol

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 08:35:38 AM »

"1"

I don't know anything about it, but I'll look into it.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 12:56:43 PM »
I have Blue Cross. I think my monthly payment is around 295 for an individual plan.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
Blue Cross/Shield with higher deductible is now $300/month for wife & I.  Prior with lower deductible was $500/month.

DavidVanPatten

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »
Cigarettes were the only current you could use were I came from. Nobody gave a rats ass about dollars. In prison the only insurance you have is your left fist and your right fist. Try living with that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 01:46:26 PM »
Good old Insurance Racket.  I can`t believe we operate like this.  Money down the toilet. 

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »
Sucks.   *Healthcare* is an oxymoron.     :-\

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
Anthem. $520 a month for myself, wife and two kids. $3000 deductible

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 03:04:44 PM »
lol

Why wouldn't it Joe?

Please make sure you use the words 'liberal' , 'Obama' and 'lefties' in your ensuing rant. Kindly make no sense either. I like things the way they are here. Don't change.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Humana one ppo....thats what I use....high deductible. 2500 per/5000 fam costs me 550 a month in GA.

Had basically the same policy in FL about 6 years ago. It was $450/month and pretty decent coverage.

Would hit.

And by all means, go check out the cost of the "affordable" care act premiums. Then check Humana's high-deductible options and let us know the delta. I am betting the govt plan is 2-3x the price. Like everything else the govt fucks up, they'll do in health care. Viva Cuba Healthcare!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »
Had basically the same policy in FL about 6 years ago. It was $450/month and pretty decent coverage.

Would hit.

And by all means, go check out the cost of the "affordable" care act premiums. Then check Humana's high-deductible options and let us know the delta. I am betting the govt plan is 2-3x the price. Like everything else the govt fucks up, they'll do in health care. Viva Cuba Healthcare!
True. Ok say a person has no job how is he going to send $500 a month to Insurance.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
Good old Insurance Racket.  I can`t believe we operate like this.  Money down the toilet.  

x2

i can't believe i'm required, by law, to pay for auto insurance

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
x2

That is ridiculous as well.  Car Insurance should be optional and for YOUR CAR ONLY-not somebody else or their car.  It should not be in collusion with Health Care at all.  Virginia, Mississippi New Hampshire still DO NOT require auto insurance.  Many states used to not require it, but the Auto Insurance lobby got so strong and so powerful-donations to politicians kept rolling in-that we now all must suffer under fascism. An intangible product at that that gives absolutely nothing in return in the long run.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 04:17:07 PM »
Has anyone noticed that all plans have jumped up?!  I have not spoken to anyone who's plan has not taken a jump during the June/July renewal period.  Leave it to the government to stir things up!  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 04:19:55 PM »
Has anyone noticed that all plans have jumped up?!  I have not spoken to anyone who's plan has not taken a jump during the June/July renewal period.  Leave it to the government to stir things up!  
Its a Republican and Democrat politicians wet dream.  The benefit of big business.  The same thing happened with Romney Care and the same would have happened with Bob Dole Care which is the EXACT same thing as Obama Care.

Its a joke.  It will only continue to go up as Health Insurance Companies are not interested in helping you or getting you treatment, they are only interested in profits and dividends to their share holders, Nothing else.  They literally make money by NOT providing Healthcare and off of human suffering and misery.  Its sick and disgusting.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »
x2

You are required by law now to buy health insurance.

If you don`t, you pay a fine.

Penalties on individuals. Individuals will pay a yearly penalty of $695, or up to 2.5% of their annual income, if they cannot show they have purchased a government-approved health policy.

Penalties on families. Families will pay a yearly penalty of $347 per child, up to $2,250 per family, if parents cannot show they have purchased a government-approved policy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 04:25:17 PM »
In 2014, the penalty will be no more than $285 per family, or 1% of income, whichever is greater. In 2015, the cap rises to $975, or 2% of income. And by 2016, it reaches $2,085 per family, or 2.5% of income, whichever is greater.
The dollar amounts for a single adult would be $95, $325 and $695 during that same time period.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »
I am really ashamed of our government, democrat and republican.  Both are equally shit. There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »
I am really ashamed of our government, democrat and republican.  Both are equally shit. There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat.

x a kabillion.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 04:49:24 PM »
That is ridiculous as well.  Car Insurance should be optional and for YOUR CAR ONLY-not somebody else or their car.  It should not be in collusion with Health Care at all.  Virginia, Mississippi New Hampshire still DO NOT require auto insurance.  Many states used to not require it, but the Auto Insurance lobby got so strong and so powerful-donations to politicians kept rolling in-that we now all must suffer under fascism. An intangible product at that that gives absolutely nothing in return in the long run.

I disagree on the car insurance. An acquaintance of mine got hit by an 18 year old, while he was on his bike. Guy had no insurance and all he got was $25,000 and he was left with a bit of brain damage. Health care though, there is a lot of waste, and gouging, which makes the premiums very high.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
I disagree on the car insurance. An acquaintance of mine got hit by an 18 year old, while he was on his bike. Guy had no insurance and all he got was $25,000 and he was left with a bit of brain damage. Health care though, there is a lot of waste, and gouging, which makes the premiums very high.  
That is the fault of Insurance.  See your friend who got hit, ONLY GOT 25,000 as that was the MAX PAYOUT from HIS INSURANCE plan since the other had no insurance.  The best HIS insurance could do was 25,000 dollars.  Would have been better to take the guy to court and let a jury award the sum needed to treat a brain injury instead. Insurance sucks and do not want to help.