Author Topic: House votes to delay bulk ammunition purchase by DHS  (Read 2803 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: House votes to delay bulk ammunition purchase by DHS
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »

I'm fairly sure this is just an exercise in gov't waste.  They don't want to lose the budget, so they buy unseemly amounts in bulk to make sure they use up those dollars, IMO.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »

I'm fairly sure this is just an exercise in gov't waste.  They don't want to lose the budget, so they buy unseemly amounts in bulk to make sure they use up those dollars, IMO.

Possibly, but there are more creative ways they could spend the money without drawing so much attention. Note to self, get job with DHS, unlimited practice ammo
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »
Im not 100% sure, but usually you don't use JHP rounds for target practice. Those are.combat rounds.
Ive never used hollowpoints for target practice, its not what those rounds where meant for.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 07:28:19 PM »
Possibly, but there are more creative ways they could spend the money without drawing so much attention. Note to self, get job with DHS, unlimited practice ammo

Or they could follow RP's example and give it back.  I think use or lose is ingrained so deep it would take a fucking generation to get it out of the system.