Author Topic: Gloria Mackenzie, Lottery $500M Winner, Thankful To Mindy Crandell  (Read 1880 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
BTW, the machine generates random numbers, so Mindy wouldn't have received Gloria's numbers.  Just dumb luck.  Now, WTF is an 84 yr old going to do with $374M?  >:(

A small slip-up in common courtesy might just have been 84-year-old Gloria C. Mackenzie's lucky ticket.

At least one bystander says Mackenzie cut in line May 18 while waiting to purchase a Powerball lottery ticket, the same ticket that would win her $590 million, the largest undivided lottery jackpot in history.

In a statement released Wednesday, Mackenzie confirmed her lottery ticket nearly went to another woman in line, who Mackenzie says was "kind enough" to let her go ahead and buy her Quick Pick ticket first.

That woman, Mindy Crandell, later told ABC she had been in line with one of her daughters when Mackenzie stepped in front of her. The clerk offered to ring up Crandell first, but Crandell yielded to the elderly Mackenzie.

Weeks later, when Mackenzie stepped forward to claim the prize, Crandell's daughter pointed out the winner's similarity to the woman who had cut in front of them in line.

Reached for comment by Tampa Bay's WTSP, Crandell says she has no regrets about letting more than half a billion dollars slip through her fingers. "I'm not upset," she said. "I mean ... maybe there's something down the road, or she needed it more than we did. Whatever it was, it was meant to be that she had it."

Added her 10-year-old daughter, Mallory, "I hope she's blessed with it. Polite is better than being rich."

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Gloria Mackenzie, Lottery $500M Winner, Thankful To Mindy Crandell
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
who cares.... old people are the only ones playing the lottery so only fair. just their Money going in circles.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:57:23 PM »
The lady who let the woman go in front of her wouldn't have had the winning numbers. I believe powerball's computer was selling numbers by the second. Although it was because she let the woman go ahead of her that she was able to be at the right place at the right time.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »
Bingo, everything was inline that day.  If that old lady took a split second to adjust her depends she wouldn't have had those numbers.  Everything had to happen that précises nanosecond.

The lady she let go in front of her wouldn't have had the winning numbers. I believe powerball's computer was selling numbers by the second. Although it was because she let the woman go ahead of her that she was able to be at the right place at the right time.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »
 Fack

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:29:56 PM »
im happy for her she should travel the world but something tells me that her white trash grandchildren will be coming out of the woodwork

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 06:47:45 PM »
Old people are rude as shit for the most part. I try very hard to be very respectful, but sometimes it becomes a difficult task. The older I get, the less I give a fuck about catering to the elderly rudeness.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
Set for life at 84.    I find that rather funny.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 06:56:43 PM »
i'd marry it

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 07:00:24 PM »
Mindy Crandell came out and told the news she was the person who let the old lady in line in hopes that the old lady would give her some cash.   

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
What a waste. I bet the government gives the lotto to old people, so they can take back half in estate tax.
N

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
What a waste. I bet the government gives the lotto to old people, so they can take back half in estate tax.

still lying
about being
natural bodybuilder