Author Topic: Reagan Speech on D--Day 1984 - Last time we had a real POTUS  (Read 4635 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Reagan Speech on D--Day 1984 - Last time we had a real POTUS
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 07:45:48 PM »
Reagan was a piece of shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
TA - you voted for the ghetto street pimp Obama twice - 30 years from now - will anyone be posting or remembering anything this worthless crackhead said in a speech like Reagans'D-Day speech?

Yes or no?

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
theres alot of things wrong about Reagan.however when he was president the US was a more respected and admired country.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
all he was, was a homosexual actor who climbed the illuminati ranks and became the choice for the puppet, the last president who was for the people was JFK, spoke out against federal reserve, secret societies, vietnam, and protected our second amendment rights...........reagan was just another puppet for the NWO my friend, do your research. http://www.henrymakow.com/ronald_reagan_illuminati_tool.html reagan also was a hollywood satanist

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
 ;)

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »
he wasnt warning us about obama, he was telling the public masses what was really going on, but put it in psuedo terms, all he was doing was brainwashing the masses telling them subliminally what was being done to them, so they could be conditioned to love there servitude, resarch
aldous huxley, hes telling your right here, this was years before reagan, this was in 1962 i believe, maybe more of you can become awake

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »
huxleys speech is at the end of this video also

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
all he was, was a homosexual actor who climbed the illuminati ranks and became the choice for the puppet, the last president who was for the people was JFK, spoke out against federal reserve, secret societies, vietnam, and protected our second amendment rights...........reagan was just another puppet for the NWO my friend, do your research. http://www.henrymakow.com/ronald_reagan_illuminati_tool.html reagan also was a hollywood satanist

You just like JFK because he was on test and a host of other drugs..he would have made an excellent Getbigger!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »
I dont like JFK, the kennedy family is one of the 13 families of the illuminati, he was born into it, like everyone of them are, he just had the balls to try to fight it, and tells people in 1962 secret societies control masses, so you dont want to believe its real, his family is one of the 13 families, along with the bundys, astors, duponts, onasis, collins, li(chinese), rockerfeller, rothschilds, russel, van duyn, merovingian............. then disney, mcdonald, reynolds, and krupp are the 4 families that assist those families.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »
he wasnt warning us about obama, he was telling the public masses what was really going on, but put it in psuedo terms, all he was doing was brainwashing the masses telling them subliminally what was being done to them, so they could be conditioned to love there servitude, resarch
aldous huxley, hes telling your right here, this was years before reagan, this was in 1962 i believe, maybe more of you can become awake

I bet you're the smartest one in your litter.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »

Gore Vidal sounds intelligent but alas he is not. He reduced himself into a mess of insulting a great man who did great things for a great country. 
h

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »

This is the dumbest shit I've heard in a long while, but since its from Jabba the hut..................... ..FYI  JFK was all for Vietnam, he started the Navy Seals and other special forces knowing we would need them for the invasion. He spent 62 days of his life sending the marines to shore in 1962 only to call them back before landing each and every time. How do I know that? My dad was in the boats ready for the landings, at first they thought "oh shit here we go"...some threw up with the knowledge then after weeks of it it was just like a routine training day.
h

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2004/06/not_even_a_hedgehog.html

Not Even a Hedgehog
The stupidity of Ronald Reagan.

By Christopher Hitchens|Posted Monday, June 7, 2004, at 1:03 PM

Neither a fox nor a hedgehog
Not long ago, I was invited to be the specter at the feast during "Ronald Reagan Appreciation Week" at Wabash College in Indiana. One of my opponents was Dinesh D'Souza: He wasn't the only one who maintained that Reagan had been historically vindicated by the wreckage of the Soviet Union. Some of us on the left had also been very glad indeed to see the end of the Russian empire and the Cold War. But nothing could make me forget what the Reagan years had actually been like.
Ronald Reagan claimed that the Russian language had no word for "freedom." (The word is "svoboda"; it's quite well attested in Russian literature.) Ronald Reagan said that intercontinental ballistic missiles (not that there are any non-ballistic missiles—a corruption of language that isn't his fault) could be recalled once launched. Ronald Reagan said that he sought a "Star Wars" defense only in order to share the technology with the tyrants of the U.S.S.R. Ronald Reagan professed to be annoyed when people called it "Star Wars," even though he had ended his speech on the subject with the lame quip, "May the force be with you." Ronald Reagan used to alarm his Soviet counterparts by saying that surely they'd both unite against an invasion from Mars. Ronald Reagan used to alarm other constituencies by speaking freely about the "End Times" foreshadowed in the Bible. In the Oval Office, Ronald Reagan told Yitzhak Shamir and Simon Wiesenthal, on two separate occasions, that he himself had assisted personally at the liberation of the Nazi death camps.
There was more to Ronald Reagan than that. Reagan announced that apartheid South Africa had "stood beside us in every war we've ever fought," when the South African leadership had been on the other side in the most recent world war. Reagan allowed Alexander Haig to greenlight the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, fired him when that went too far and led to mayhem in Beirut, then ran away from Lebanon altogether when the Marine barracks were bombed, and then unbelievably accused Tip O'Neill and the Democrats of "scuttling." Reagan sold heavy weapons to the Iranian mullahs and lied about it, saying that all the weapons he hadn't sold them (and hadn't traded for hostages in any case) would, all the same, have fit on a small truck. Reagan then diverted the profits of this criminal trade to an illegal war in Nicaragua and lied unceasingly about that, too. Reagan then modestly let his underlings maintain that he was too dense to understand the connection between the two impeachable crimes. He then switched without any apparent strain to a policy of backing Saddam Hussein against Iran. (If Margaret Thatcher's intelligence services had not bugged Oliver North in London and become infuriated because all European nations were boycotting Iran at Reagan's request, we might still not know about this.)
One could go on. I only saw him once up close, which happened to be when he got a question he didn't like. Was it true that his staff in the 1980 debates had stolen President Carter's briefing book? (They had.) The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard. His reply was that maybe his staff had, and maybe they hadn't, but what about the leak of the Pentagon Papers? Thus, a secret theft of presidential documents was equated with the public disclosure of needful information. This was a man never short of a cheap jibe or the sort of falsehood that would, however laughable, buy him some time.
The fox, as has been pointed out by more than one philosopher, knows many small things, whereas the hedgehog knows one big thing. Ronald Reagan was neither a fox nor a hedgehog. He was as dumb as a stump. He could have had anyone in the world to dinner, any night of the week, but took most of his meals on a White House TV tray. He had no friends, only cronies. His children didn't like him all that much. He met his second wife—the one that you remember—because she needed to get off a Hollywood blacklist and he was the man to see. Year in and year out in Washington, I could not believe that such a man had even been a poor governor of California in a bad year, let alone that such a smart country would put up with such an obvious phony and loon.
However, there came a day when Mikhail Gorbachev visited Washington and when the Marriott Hotel—host of the summit press conferences—turned its restaurant into the "Glasnost Cafe." On the sidewalk, LaRouche supporters wearing Reagan masks paraded with umbrellas, in mimicry of Neville Chamberlain. I huddled from dawn to dusk with friends, wondering if it could be real. Many of those friends had twice my IQ, or let's say six times that of the then-chief executive. These friends had all deeply wanted either Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale to be, presumably successively, the president instead of Reagan. They would go on to put Michael Dukakis and Lloyd Bentsen bumper stickers on their vehicles. No doubt they wish that Mondale had been in the White House when the U.S.S.R. threw in the towel, just as they presumably yearn to have had Dukakis on watch when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. I have been wondering ever since not just about the stupidity of American politics, but about the need of so many American intellectuals to prove themselves clever by showing that they are smarter than the latest idiot in power, or the latest Republican at any rate.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2011/02/would_america_have_been_better_off_without_a_reagan_presidency.html

Would America Have Been Better Off Without a Reagan Presidency?
His simple-mindedness had a touch of genius to it.
By Christopher Hitchens|Posted Saturday, Feb. 5, 2011, at 7:13 AM

The centennial memoir of his famous parent by Ron Reagan ( My Father at 100), which at first sight looks as slight as its author, is better than many press reports might suggest. For example, the younger son by no means "cashes in" on the idea that our 40th president was suffering from Alzheimer's well before he left office; he simply adds his own private observations to what has since become perfectly obvious. A number of things apart from cognitive decay could have curtailed Reagan's two-term reign. He might easily have died after being shot in March 1981, and indeed he was much closer to death than anybody realized at the time. He should certainly have been impeached and removed from office over the Iran-Contra racket, in which he was exposed as the president of a secret and illegal government, financed with an anti-constitutional hostage-trading and arms-dealing budget, as well as of the ostensibly legitimate one. The question that keeps recurring to me is this: Would the country and the world have been better off without his tenure of the Oval Office?
I lived in Washington for most of those eight years, and for most of them would have replied with an unhesitating "yes." (To this day I refuse to call my local airport "Reagan," since before the name change it was Washington National, which means, thanks very much, that it was already named for a perfectly good ex-president.) Even now I can easily remember the things that outraged me: his easy manner when lying and his sometimes breathtakingly reactionary views. These extended from the whitewashing of the SS graves at Bitburg to his opinion that Americans fighting for the Spanish Republic had been on the "wrong" side, to his discovery that apartheid South Africa had always been an ally of the United States. Then there was the abject scuttle from Lebanon and the underhanded way in which Reagan tried to blame it on the Democrats. Perhaps worst of all was an apparent fusion of two things: his indulgence of fundamentalist and millennial priestly crooks like Jerry Falwell and his seeming flippancy about nuclear war. He once maintained that intercontinental missiles could be recalled after being launched, made on-air jokes about blasting the Soviet Union, and fatuously intoned "May the Force be with you" after announcing his plan for a Strategic Defense Initiative, or "Star Wars." The coincidence between his superstitious interest in "End Times" theology and his insouciance about nuclear matters seemed dire in the extreme. And then there was Alexander Haig as secretary of state, and Oliver North as confidant, and the wife with the astrologer …
In a bizarre way, though, his simple-mindedness turns out to have had a touch of genius to it. His grasp of physics was on a level with Hollywood beam-weapon B-movies, and how we all laughed when he told Mikhail Gorbachev that, in the event of a Martian invasion of Earth, the United States and the Soviet Union would combine to sink their differences. But he had an insight that was denied to the adherents of Mutual Assured Destruction, whose theory was rapidly coming up against diminishing returns.
Young Reagan rightly draws attention to a forgotten moment at the forgotten Republican Convention of 1976. Having only narrowly defeated him, Gerald Ford felt obliged to call on Reagan to join him on stage after accepting the nomination. Reagan took his sweet time to come to the podium, where he was already the darling of many delegates. And having done so, he said not a word in praise of Ford or his running mate, Bob Dole. Instead, he spoke about being invited to contribute something to a "time capsule" that was being readied in Los Angeles and was scheduled to be opened 100 years later. Those who opened that capsule, said Reagan, would know whether or not Armageddon had been avoided. "We live in a world in which the great powers have poised and aimed at each other horrible missiles of destruction, nuclear weapons, that can in a matter of minutes arrive at each other's country and destroy, virtually, the civilized world we live in."
Of course there's an anachronistic contradiction there, in that had the weapons been used, the time capsule would never have been opened, but why quibble? It was an unusual way for the losing candidate of the right to address the faithful. A bit more than 10 years later, I was having a drink with Timothy Garton Ash in the Glasnost Café, as the coffee shop of the Marriott Hotel in Washington had been renamed while it hosted the joint press conferences of the Reagan and Gorbachev summit. * Outside, right-wing Republican nuts wearing Reagan masks were angrily flourishing umbrellas, in order to compare him to Neville Chamberlain in Munich. I said: "Well, we've lived to see it. The end of the goddam Cold War." Within a much shorter time, the Berlin Wall had gone, and I could verify from the people who had written Reagan's celebrated "tear down this wall" speech that he had insisted on the insertion of these words over the objections of many "realists."
It was extraordinary that, in Mikhail Gorbachev, Reagan was dealing with a man who knew that the Soviet Union could not sustain the arms race and a man who was out of patience with the satraps of East Germany. To Gorbachev goes an enormous share of the credit. But if I run the thought experiment and ask myself whether Walter Mondale would have made a better interlocutor in 1987, I cannot make myself believe it. This does not involve un-saying any of the things about Reagan that his admirers would prefer us to forget. But it does acknowledge the distinction between a historic presidency and an average one. Reagan's friend Margaret Thatcher once said that the real test of her success was the way that she had changed the politics of the Labour Party. By that standard, the legacy of Reagan in permanently altering the political landscape is with us still.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »
Just a little picture of Ronald Reagan Meeting with the Afghan Mujahideen Extremist Muslim Taliban Terrorists at White House.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 09:44:14 PM »
Gore Vidal sounds intelligent but alas he is not. He reduced himself into a mess of insulting a great man who did great things for a great country. 

Like Iran/Contra?  Please.  Repubs only idolize Reagan because of how shitty the most recent republican presidents have been.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 09:45:10 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »

LOL, thats what every liberal says when they see something go right with the country. lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
LOL, thats what every liberal says when they see something go right with the country. lol
Reagan sucks.  You have to deal with it.

This was your last great Republican President.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »
Reagan sucks.  You have to deal with it.

This was your last great Republican President.

Kinda agree but politics is politics and it's hard to trust any person working/surviving in such an environment.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 08:01:46 AM »
Iran Contra, anyone? 

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 08:36:49 AM »
The top ten things Conservatives never mention about Ronald Reagan.

1. Reagan was a serial tax raiser. As governor of California, Reagan “signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up till then.” Meanwhile, state spending nearly doubled. As president, Reagan “raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,” including four times in just two years. As former GOP Senator Alan Simpson, who called Reagan “a dear friend,” told NPR, “Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times in his administration — I was there.” “Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes,” said historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan’s memoir. Reagan the anti-tax zealot is “false mythology,” Brinkley said.

2. Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget deficit. During the Reagan years, the debt increased to nearly $3 trillion, “roughly three times as much as the first 80 years of the century had done altogether.” Reagan enacted a major tax cut his first year in office and government revenue dropped off precipitously. Despite the conservative myth that tax cuts somehow increase revenue, the government went deeper into debt and Reagan had to raise taxes just a year after he enacted his tax cut. Despite ten more tax hikes on everything from gasoline to corporate income, Reagan was never able to get the deficit under control.

3. Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts. Unemployment jumped to 10.8 percent after Reagan enacted his much-touted tax cut, and it took years for the rate to get back down to its previous level. Meanwhile, income inequality exploded. Despite the myth that Reagan presided over an era of unmatched economic boom for all Americans, Reagan disproportionately taxed the poor and middle class, but the economic growth of the 1980′s did little help them. “Since 1980, median household income has risen only 30 percent, adjusted for inflation, while average incomes at the top have tripled or quadrupled,” the New York Times’ David Leonhardt noted.

4. Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously. Reagan promised “to move boldly, decisively, and quickly to control the runaway growth of federal spending,” but federal spending “ballooned” under Reagan. He bailed out Social Security in 1983 after attempting to privatize it, and set up a progressive taxation system to keep it funded into the future. He promised to cut government agencies like the Department of Energy and Education but ended up adding one of the largest — the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, which today has a budget of nearly $90 billion and close to 300,000 employees. He also hiked defense spending by over $100 billion a year to a level not seen since the height of the Vietnam war.

5. Reagan did little to fight a woman’s right to choose. As governor of California in 1967, Reagan signed a bill to liberalize the state’s abortion laws that “resulted in more than a million abortions.” When Reagan ran for president, he advocated a constitutional amendment that would have prohibited all abortions except when necessary to save the life of the mother, but once in office, he “never seriously pursued” curbing choice.

6. Reagan was a “bellicose peacenik.” He wrote in his memoirs that “[m]y dream…became a world free of nuclear weapons.” “This vision stemmed from the president’s belief that the biblical account of Armageddon prophesied nuclear war — and that apocalypse could be averted if everyone, especially the Soviets, eliminated nuclear weapons,” the Washington Monthly noted. And Reagan’s military buildup was meant to crush the Soviet Union, but “also to put the United States in a stronger position from which to establish effective arms control” for the the entire world — a vision acted out by Regean’s vice president, George H.W. Bush, when he became president.

7. Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented immigrants. Reagan signed into law a bill that made any immigrant who had entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty. The bill was sold as a crackdown, but its tough sanctions on employers who hired undocumented immigrants were removed before final passage. The bill helped 3 million people and millions more family members gain American residency. It has since become a source of major embarrassment for conservatives.

8. Reagan illegally funneled weapons to Iran. Reagan and other senior U.S. officials secretly sold arms to officials in Iran, which was subject to a an arms embargo at the time, in exchange for American hostages. Some funds from the illegal arms sales also went to fund anti-Communist rebels in Nicaragua — something Congress had already prohibited the administration from doing. When the deals went public, the Iran-Contra Affair, as it came to be know, was an enormous political scandal that forced several senior administration officials to resign.

9. Reagan vetoed a comprehensive anti-Apartheid act. which placed sanctions on South Africa and cut off all American trade with the country. Reagan’s veto was overridden by the Republican-controlled Senate. Reagan responded by saying “I deeply regret that Congress has seen fit to override my veto,” saying that the law “will not solve the serious problems that plague that country.”

10. Reagan helped create the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. Reagan fought a proxy war with the Soviet Union by training, arming, equipping, and funding Islamist mujahidin fighters in Afghanistan. Reagan funneled billions of dollars, along with top-secret intelligence and sophisticated weaponry to these fighters through the Pakistani intelligence service. The Talbian and Osama Bin Laden — a prominent mujahidin commander — emerged from these mujahidin groups Reagan helped create, and U.S. policy towards Pakistan remains strained because of the intelligence services’ close relations to these fighters. In fact, Reagan’s decision to continue the proxy war after the Soviets were willing to retreat played a direct role in Bin Laden’s ascendancy.

S