Author Topic: Pick a headline  (Read 1594 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Pick a headline
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Pick a headline
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
I heard on Hannity's radio show last night "There's nothing wrong with the Patriot Act, it's a good bill.. it's just the problem is the people who abuse it when enforcing it".

I disagree.

Which founding father said men are inherently evil, and we must never give people governing us the POWER to abuse in the first place? 

I mean, why allow any bill that allows such invasive measures to be perfectly legal?  Hannity likes a bill that gives govt this power, he's just mad they're choosing to use it?  WTF

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
Bump for today's headlines

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 05:57:23 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
Hannity said the patriot act is a good bill.

Does anyone agree or disagree?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 05:48:52 AM »
drudge report, you might as well read the world news mag at the checkout line  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 07:30:54 AM »
No matter how many points Hilary will be ahead the day before the election in 2016, you already know that the Drudge headline will be:

"Inside polls show Rubio actually up by 2 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They did it with mccain, despite TONS of polling data showing otherwise.
They did it with romney, same thing...

They'll do it again in 2016.  I betcha.  We all laughed "watch them try that shit again in 2012" - AND THEY DID lol...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »
No matter how many points Hilary will be ahead the day before the election in 2016, you already know that the Drudge headline will be:

"Inside polls show Rubio actually up by 2 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They did it with mccain, despite TONS of polling data showing otherwise.
They did it with romney, same thing...

They'll do it again in 2016.  I betcha.  We all laughed "watch them try that shit again in 2012" - AND THEY DID lol...

the repubs don't care they buy into it every time hook line and sinker

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »

I disagree. I think the content of the "Patriot Act" is a disgrace, and sadly, it was only the first step in a series of very troubling bills. The very fact that we are, today, having a debate about what data the Government should have unrestricted access to and we have our elected officials telling us it's all cool and that "we struck a balance" and that this sort of thing is necessary to protect us is a sick joke. That Americans buy that bullshit arguments hook, line and sinker and say "oh, well, if it's in the name of the war on terror, then that's fine. I don't have anything to hide! I'm a patriotic American!" is... I don't know that I have the words to describe what that is.

And we have assholes like John McCain talk out of both sides of his mouth, first saying that he isn't "bothered by the surveillance" then later lamenting that Americans "don't know a lot of things that the government is doing in our effort [to combat terrorism]." No shit asshole... how can we know what the Government does when it's classified, and you vote to establish and maintain secret courts in which only the Government appears and makes motions, which then reaches decisions which aren't published and are classified and not available.

Or Feinstein, who says: "This renewal is carried out by the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court] under the business records section of the PATRIOT Act. Therefore, it is lawful. It has been briefed to Congress." Even if it were lawful, it doesn't make it moral or right.

Or Saxby Chambliss, who says: "To my knowledge, there has not been any citizen who has registered a complaint" which is blatantly untrue - citizens tried to challenge this, only to be rebuked by Courts for having no standing, or when the Government asserted the state secrets privilege. This asshole even voted to give companies that participated retroactive immunity and, in effect, killed litigation that was in progress. And as if that wasn't enough he then went on to add that this program "has proved meritorious because we have collected significant information on bad guys, but only on bad guys, over the years." Really? The data was only on bad guys? So somehow, magically, this program targets only bad guys?

Do these idiots think we are that stupid? They should all be kicked out of office and never re-elected - not even to their local school board. Fuck.

Beyond the content, the name is a spit in the face of each of us.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
I heard on Hannity's radio show last night "There's nothing wrong with the Patriot Act, it's a good bill.. it's just the problem is the people who abuse it when enforcing it".

You mean using using tools the "right wingers" created against "right wingers?"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »
You mean using using tools the "right wingers" created against "right wingers?"

i want to hear ONE getbigger agree with hannity that it's a good bill. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 05:41:39 PM »
i want to hear ONE getbigger agree with hannity that it's a good bill. 

Technically, it's not a bill. It's already been passed, and once a bill is passed, it becomes law.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
Technically, it's not a bill. It's already been passed, and once a bill is passed, it becomes law.

well, you know what I mean :)  Hannity only has a problem with the enforcement of it.  So when Rand wins in 2016, the bill will suddenly be awesome again, cause now it's a repub listening to our phones all day lol.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
ki

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »
well, you know what I mean :)  Hannity only has a problem with the enforcement of it.  So when Rand wins in 2016, the bill will suddenly be awesome again, cause now it's a repub listening to our phones all day lol.

No, Sean Hannity's problem is deeper than that. Sean Hannity's problem is that he doesn't understand that being an American means more than being a national of the United States.

He doesn't understand that it means that an American must always fight for the cause of liberty, must not give in to fear, nor trade liberty for security, and must always do what is right, even when it is difficult. And what's worse, he's not the only one.

Hannity – and his ilk – are the kind of people who will yell the loudest about principles and, at the same time, the first to abandon them in times of trouble, when principles matter the most.

Fundamental rights, supposedly granted by a Creator? Sure, but only if you're:

(a) in a specific area because outside that area anything goes; or

(b) exercising those rights in a manner consistent with Hannity's beliefs; or

(c) willing to give those right up "voluntarily" to ensure security because that's what a good American would do.

I could go on.

Sean Hannity is a blindly partisan fool (as you hint) who commands a soapbox and, inexplicably, has an audience that takes him seriously.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »

That BS line could be used to justify any act/bill/law regardless of what it entails. Gun control for example.
But would Hannity say "it's a good bill.. it's just the problem is the people who abuse it when enforcing it" for gun control/restriction legislation?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
Hannity is part of the problem.   

He gives voice to the RINOs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
Hannity is part of the problem.   

He gives voice to the RINOs

a lot of good getbiggers followed him right off the romney cliff in 2012, complete with attacks on ron paul.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 11:01:59 PM »
a lot of good getbiggers followed him right off the romney cliff in 2012, complete with attacks on ron paul.

Pity, isn't it? The one genuine candidate (whether you agree with him is another thing) was attacked and ridiculed by the likes of Hannity and Rush. And to promote who? The likes of Bachmann, Perry, Santorum and Cain and present Sarah Palin as some towering conservative intellectual.

Bleh.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »
Pity, isn't it? The one genuine candidate (whether you agree with him is another thing) was attacked and ridiculed by the likes of Hannity and Rush. And to promote who? The likes of Bachmann, Perry, Santorum and Cain and present Sarah Palin as some towering conservative intellectual.

Bleh.

I'm talking after most of them were out of it.  It was down to Newt, cain (who had zero natl structure), romney and RPaul.

I think if RPaul DID win, his national structure would be CRAZY good.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 06:13:06 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 07:50:39 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »

I said on here back when it was enacted that I didn't have a problem with it. Those who had a problem with are the ones that had something to hide. If you don't have anything to hide, then don't worry about it. It was originally enacted to target terrorist, not the american people. I'm a little on the fence with what Obama is doing because it seems he's targeting EVERYONE, not just terrorists. It's reaching waaaay beyond the privacy bounds of what we're entitled to.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »
I said on here back when it was enacted that I didn't have a problem with it. Those who had a problem with are the ones that had something to hide. If you don't have anything to hide, then don't worry about it. It was originally enacted to target terrorist, not the american people.

LOL... typical. This invasive law, that expands the power of the Government dramatically and will allow it to snoop even more into your life than before is OK, because it will only affect the bad people. After all, who cares if the Government monitors the good guys? It's not like they have anything to be afraid of...

I'm a little on the fence with what Obama is doing because it seems he's targeting EVERYONE, not just terrorists. It's reaching waaaay beyond the privacy bounds of what we're entitled to.

You think it was different under Bush? If so, then "naive" doesn't even begin to describe you.