Author Topic: A Latina Teen "Comes Out" As Black !!!!  (Read 5296 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: A Latina Teen "Comes Out" As Black !!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 09:24:47 AM »
She's hideous regardless

Jake from state farm is hotter...no homo

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Just Came out as BLACK!!!!!

A Latina Teen "Comes Out" As Black
   by NPR Staff

June 06, 2013 6:56 PM  

High school senior Elaine Vilorio wrote that she started seriously contemplating her blackness when she stopped straightening her hair.

Elaine Vilorio

High school senior Elaine Vilorio wrote that she started seriously contemplating her blackness when she stopped straightening her hair.
Elaine Vilorio A lot of teens ask themselves, "What am I?" For multiracial teens, the answer gets especially complicated.
It's something that Elaine Vilorio has thought about a lot. She's a high school senior, originally from the Dominican Republic. Over the course of her life, people assumed that she was black, and that bothered her. But two years ago, after she stopped chemically straightening her hair, the change in her appearance made her rethink her roots. She wrote about this in a Huffington Post piece titled "Coming Out As Black," and talked about it Thursday on Tell Me More with guest host Celeste Headlee. You can read the full transcript of the interview here. Highlights from the exchange are below.

Comes out as butt fucking ugly......

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
I'm tired of people and they're constant need to "self identify".  I'm black, I'm gay, I'm conservative, I'm.....

Christ almighty....who the fuck cares what label you attach to yourself?!  Just be a damn 'human being' and get on with doing something productive with your short life....

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 11:37:36 AM »
Euphemism employed in the English language meaning: Not Caucasian. Next time run a Google search, dipshit.
So you had to google it to know...hmmm, that's odd.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
Just keeping it "Real" 8)

the trainer

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 11:43:16 AM »
I love fry chicken and my dick is big is that enough to make me black.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
If these dumb fucks knew anything about history, they'd know during the transatlantic slave trade led by the so called jews, as they were dropping off  so called blacks in various countries and they mixed, this is what brought these other races. So yes asshats you are indeed black. Just mixed with Spanish or whatever form of s**c available. While we got mixed with white. You don't see American Negroes (Hebrews) walking around denying their blackness and saying "oh I'm not black, I'm white". lol

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »
If these dumb fucks knew anything about history, they'd know during the transatlantic slave trade led by the so called jews, as they were dropping off  so called blacks in various countries and they mixed, this is what brought these other races. So yes asshats you are indeed black. Just mixed with Spanish or whatever form of s**c available. While we got mixed with white. You don't see American Negroes (Hebrews) walking around denying their blackness and saying "oh I'm not black, I'm white". lol

LOL!  Dominicans are special breed.  There are more negros on that half of the island per 100,000 than in Salvador Da Bahia, but you can't tell them that.  They even throw better block parties than Brasilians serve up hot dogs and beer in favelas.  So, we'll keep believing Brasil has the most Afro residents outside of Nigeria.  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
If these dumb fucks knew anything about history, they'd know during the transatlantic slave trade led by the so called jews, as they were dropping off  so called blacks in various countries and they mixed, this is what brought these other races. So yes asshats you are indeed black. Just mixed with Spanish or whatever form of s**c available. While we got mixed with white. You don't see American Negroes (Hebrews) walking around denying their blackness and saying "oh I'm not black, I'm white". lol

Some do.
A

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »
That nose came out as black a long time ago

not to mention those gigantic yellow horse teeth

K

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
Dominicans, the black people who don't like to call themselves black.

black is synonimous with black-american culture

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »

yes but in her case every time she says she's Dominican the Americanos would go "Oh, I thought you were black "  It happened a lot to Red Sox slugger David Ortiz who's probably darker than you ,in his early years people would talk to him and he'd be like "sorry me no English" . and the reaction would be  Oh, I thought you were black,  my bad'.

So it can be a pain in the ass.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 03:15:31 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »
If these dumb fucks knew anything about history, they'd know during the transatlantic slave trade led by the so called jews, as they were dropping off  so called blacks in various countries and they mixed, this is what brought these other races. So yes asshats you are indeed black. Just mixed with Spanish or whatever form of s**c available. While we got mixed with white. You don't see American Negroes (Hebrews) walking around denying their blackness and saying "oh I'm not black, I'm white". lol

this is black ie african-american

this is not

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »

this is not

lmao...

youve never been to puerto rico have you...there is a churches chicken or a kfc on every corner...the burgerking serves fried chicken.

THERE IS A CHURCHES CHICKEN IN THE HOSPITAL ...THE MAIN HOSPITAL OF THE ISLAND. lol....fuckin know it alls

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »

this is not

They are all Americanos...North American, Central American, South American (Latin American)

We're all Americans....

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »

I think American blacks have more hate towards whitey. But even though the resentment is there you see black women wearing weaves, spending hours and money straightening their hair and using skin lightening products. Reminds me of the rick james skit on the dave chappelle show where teased charlie and eddie murphy by calling them darkness brothers.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »
I think American blacks have more hate towards whitey. But even though the resentment is there you see black women wearing weaves, spending hours and money straightening their hair and using skin lightening products. Reminds me of the rick james skit on the dave chappelle show where teased charlie and eddie murphy by calling them darkness brothers.
I think American blacks hate themselves and everybody else.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »
darker skin has never been liked in any culture

it usually means you work in the sun all day labouring and even muscles is seen as a lower class trait

there was a study done that the most desired skin colour was yellowish bronze with a tint of red

The Idol

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »
So you had to google it to know...hmmm, that's odd.

Earth to gangsta_clown, earth to gangsta_clown: You're a pinhead.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
We got some places like that here in puerto rico... and then its funny because the city im in (Hatillo) has this super model Joan Smalls....she is a black puerto rican... they all claim her and the baseball players..

There are actually whole cities here that are all black

You're in Puerto Rico?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2013, 08:58:03 AM »
She basically admitted defeat, and is waving a giant white flag in hopes of being accepted into a group as clearly no one is willing to tap that hideous whore.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2013, 09:08:54 AM »
Dominicans, the black people who don't like to call themselves black.
And this is apparently a growing trend in Brazil, for kids going to college.

When I went to Brazil, a woman told me that many black-appearing brazilian folks claim to not be black because simply because brazilians don't subscribe to the American "One drop" notion whereby having a "drop" of black blood means you are considered black.  In retrospect it seems reasonable though I was dubious at the time since she was claiming to not be black when she was the spitting image of of a female Denzel Washington.  (She wasn't happy about that comparison either, lol.)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »
darker skin has never been liked in any culture

it usually means you work in the sun all day labouring and even muscles is seen as a lower class trait

there was a study done that the most desired skin colour was yellowish bronze with a tint of red

In the USA and in Brazil, tanned skin is generally considered more desirable than white skin.  In both of these relatively advanced countries it still comes down to perceived class;  They just assume that a tanned person has enough money to lounge around the beach/pool and doesn't need to work at all.
This is in start contrast to what they think in Asian countries;  In Thailand, for example, Thai people go the beach in long pants and longsleeve shirts and your average drugstore (like Robinson's) has a whole aisle dedicated to skin whitening products.  I like to fuck with my male Thai inlaws who insist that whiter girls are more beautiful.  I ask them, "White?  Like the belly of a fish?"   hehehe  (Thai people totally get the idea of teasing, btw.)