Author Topic: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate  (Read 25826 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »
so is yours and it hasn't stopped us from playing with you.

Lol.   Like i give a shit what obamabots think.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2014, 06:07:04 AM »
Jesse probably needs the money.

If this altercation really did take place, where were all the fools recording video while holding their phones the wrong way and yelling "worldstarhiphop"?  That's what I want to know.

HAHAHA with at least 4-5 bad weaves all over the place.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:29 AM »
Jesse probably needs the money.

If this altercation really did take place, where were all the fools recording video while holding their phones the wrong way and yelling "worldstarhiphop"?  That's what I want to know.

McP's is an establishment where mostly SEAL's hang out, not going to see a whole lot of people taking video of active duty guys.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
McP's is an establishment where mostly SEAL's hang out, not going to see a whole lot of people taking video of active duty guys.
cool; I'll add that to a 'must see' point of interest on my next trip.
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »

Remind me not to drink there and start shit with someone...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »

All in the court transcripts.  That's why the jury awarded Ventura 1.8 million.  Regardless of what you think of him...Chris Kyle told a whopper of a story and profited off it.  Him dying doesn't change a thing as the estate is still collecting money from that lie

You read court transcripts?  That is surprising.  Can you link me?  I'd like to read what you read.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2014, 03:32:51 AM »
Chris Kyle? Isn’t he the one who thought that it would be just crackingly brilliant to take a mental case shooting rather than…fishing?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:56 AM »
Chris Kyle? Isn’t he the one who thought that it would be just crackingly brilliant to take a mental case shooting rather than…fishing?

Ouch!

Given Kyle's main claim to fame and considering the manner of his tragic death, you do not need to be a Buddhist to start wondering about Karma...

R.I.P.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »
Ouch!

Given Kyle's main claim to fame and considering the manner of his tragic death, you do not need to be a Buddhist to start wondering about Karma...

R.I.P.
Maybe you should actually read the book....

He was working with returning soldiers with PTSD, volunteering his time to try and make their lives better... hes a texan and down there,  shooting IS a relaxing pass time,  as it is for many former Marined and Soldiers.

Kyle loved his country and his fellow soldiers and put himself into harms way many times to try and save others lives where he didnt have to...  INCLUDING handing his rifle off to a Marine, taking the Marines M16, and leading the other Marines into houses to try and keep them alive (since he had far more extensive training on how to clear houses as a SEAL)....

Dude didnt have to do that, he could have stayed in his hide and watched Marines go in the house and come out carrying their dead, But he didnt. He put himself in danger over and over rather than let others die... he also did as much volunteer work as he could with returning soldiers and started a group to help them as he felt they weren't being taken car of....

He was 10x the human most of us are, myself included

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »

He was working with returning soldiers with PTSD, volunteering his time to try and make their lives better... hes a texan and down there,  shooting IS a relaxing pass time,  as it is for many former Marined and Soldiers.

Kyle loved his country and his fellow soldiers and put himself into harms way many times to try and save others lives where he didnt have to...  INCLUDING handing his rifle off to a Marine, taking the Marines M16, and leading the other Marines into houses to try and keep them alive (since he had far more extensive training on how to clear houses as a SEAL)....

Dude didnt have to do that, he could have stayed in his hide and watched Marines go in the house and come out carrying their dead, But he didnt. He put himself in danger over and over rather than let others die... he also did as much volunteer work as he could with returning soldiers and started a group to help them as he felt they weren't being taken car of....

Good points. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:11 PM »

Not sure what you mean.  I think any and everyone would agree that his volunteer work was totally commendable.

I'm just saying that a guy who took so many lives with a gun and then had his own life taken with a gun will cause a lot of folks to consider the concept of Karma. 

Doesn't matter if many considered him a righteous killer or not.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2014, 02:08:22 PM »
Not sure what you mean.  I think any and everyone would agree that his volunteer work was totally commendable.

I'm just saying that a guy who took so many lives with a gun and then had his own life taken with a gun will cause a lot of folks to consider the concept of Karma. 

good point.
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

Yeah, I think it's more live by the sword/die by the sword type thing. Karma could be argued I guess, in a strict sense. I always think of the warriors path in a different sense than civilians. People are born warriors, they have that calling to fight.... and warriors are necessary and even righteous, BUT, part of that duality is that they have to kill. So how does that fit into the spirituality aspect? It's always a hard line to think about, as most warriors are religious/spiritual. Almost none of them wrestle with the killing aspect in my experience, there are always a few.. but most rationalize it as their job, and that it keeps themselves and their comrades alive.

Sorry, of into lala land their. Irritates me when a lot of people say "he killed all these innocents he deserved to die", when the reality is far different..... but thats not here nor there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
Ventura did the right thing to clear his name.  Keep in mind this had NOTHING to do with if the fight happened or not.  The jury's job was to decide if the story was responsible for the defamation of Ventura and it clearly was.

Personally, I have doubts that it did happen as the "witnesses" stories did not line up.  The bar was crowded and certainly Jesse was recognizable.  Somebody would have said something about him getting decked prior to the book and yet there was nothing.

Ventura is right to do what he did.  Keep in mind, Kyle`s book is completely unverifiable.  Also, Kyle has been know to tell HUGE lies such as:

Like the one about how he and a bud went down to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and picked off dozens of bad guys. Or the one in which he took on two armed Texans bent on stealing his truck and shot them both dead.

Kyle is certainly full of a lot of shit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-complicated-but-unveriable-legacy-of-chris-kyle-the-deadliest-sniper-in-american-history/?tid=hp_mm

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2014, 03:02:13 PM »
Kyle is full of shit, Must be a Getbigger:     :D        :D

That sense of superhuman toughness perhaps led him to tell stories reporters couldn’t confirm. One involved a cold January morning at a gas station southwest of Dallas. Two armed men, he said, approached him and told him to hand over the keys to his black F350. “I told them I would get them the keys,” he told Mooney. “I told them they were in the truck and to just let me reach in.” Kyle then claimed he reached into the car, pulled out a gun and, shooting under his armpit, killed both men. “It’s true,” he said.

But was it? Reporters, including the New Yorker’s Nicholas Schmidle, called some of the nearby county sheriffs and none of them knew of it. “I went to every single gas station [nearby],” Mooney explained. “I talked to every single law enforcement out there, all the Texas rangers — and there’s no evidence whatsoever.”

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram had no better luck. “We checked with the medical examiner’s office, which reported no such deaths in Cleburne in January 2009.”

Years after those alleged killings, Kyle had another story to tell. This one referred to the vacuum of authority in New Orleans following Katrina, when the city slipped into chaos. According to the New Yorker and several military publications, Kyle and a few other SEALs drank late in San Diego late one night in early 2012. “The SEALs began telling stories, and Kyle offered a shocking one,” the New Yorker reported. “…He and another sniper traveled to New Orleans, set up on top of the Superdome, and proceed to shoot dozens of armed residents who were contributing to the chaos.” The magazine said one conversation participant said Kyle “claimed to have shot thirty men on his own,” while another said Kyle and the other killed 30 between them.

When the New Yorker’s Schmidle called the U.S. Special Operations Command for confirmation, he didn’t get any. Then one of Kyle’s officers told the reporter, “I never heard that story.”

Does that mean it didn’t happen? Who knows. It’s certainly possible that Kyle killed two Texan thieves and their bodies disappeared. And it’s also possible Kyle killed 30 armed assailants in New Orleans to protect its residents in Katrina’s aftermath. But it’s also possible Kyle couldn’t let go of his own legend, and, in a haze of post-traumatic stress, let his tales veer into untruth.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
Yeah, I think it's more live by the sword/die by the sword type thing. Karma could be argued I guess, in a strict sense. I always think of the warriors path in a different sense than civilians. People are born warriors, they have that calling to fight.... and warriors are necessary and even righteous, BUT, part of that duality is that they have to kill. So how does that fit into the spirituality aspect? It's always a hard line to think about, as most warriors are religious/spiritual. Almost none of them wrestle with the killing aspect in my experience, there are always a few.. but most rationalize it as their job, and that it keeps themselves and their comrades alive.

Sorry, of into lala land their. Irritates me when a lot of people say "he killed all these innocents he deserved to die", when the reality is far different..... but thats not here nor there.
Or it could be that Kyle has a penchant for telling lies.  He did say he killed 30 people in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.   :-\

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2014, 04:21:29 PM »
Kyle is full of shit, Must be a Getbigger:     :D        :D

That sense of superhuman toughness perhaps led him to tell stories reporters couldn’t confirm. One involved a cold January morning at a gas station southwest of Dallas. Two armed men, he said, approached him and told him to hand over the keys to his black F350. “I told them I would get them the keys,” he told Mooney. “I told them they were in the truck and to just let me reach in.” Kyle then claimed he reached into the car, pulled out a gun and, shooting under his armpit, killed both men. “It’s true,” he said.

But was it? Reporters, including the New Yorker’s Nicholas Schmidle, called some of the nearby county sheriffs and none of them knew of it. “I went to every single gas station [nearby],” Mooney explained. “I talked to every single law enforcement out there, all the Texas rangers — and there’s no evidence whatsoever.”

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram had no better luck. “We checked with the medical examiner’s office, which reported no such deaths in Cleburne in January 2009.”

Years after those alleged killings, Kyle had another story to tell. This one referred to the vacuum of authority in New Orleans following Katrina, when the city slipped into chaos. According to the New Yorker and several military publications, Kyle and a few other SEALs drank late in San Diego late one night in early 2012. “The SEALs began telling stories, and Kyle offered a shocking one,” the New Yorker reported. “…He and another sniper traveled to New Orleans, set up on top of the Superdome, and proceed to shoot dozens of armed residents who were contributing to the chaos.” The magazine said one conversation participant said Kyle “claimed to have shot thirty men on his own,” while another said Kyle and the other killed 30 between them.

When the New Yorker’s Schmidle called the U.S. Special Operations Command for confirmation, he didn’t get any. Then one of Kyle’s officers told the reporter, “I never heard that story.”

Does that mean it didn’t happen? Who knows. It’s certainly possible that Kyle killed two Texan thieves and their bodies disappeared. And it’s also possible Kyle killed 30 armed assailants in New Orleans to protect its residents in Katrina’s aftermath. But it’s also possible Kyle couldn’t let go of his own legend, and, in a haze of post-traumatic stress, let his tales veer into untruth.
Interesting.

Well, still.. at this point, his stories are 'unverifiable', while Ventura is a proven liar, and has been proven to be full of shit.

Im still going with kyle and the SEAL community

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »
Interesting.

Well, still.. at this point, his stories are 'unverifiable', while Ventura is a proven liar, and has been proven to be full of shit.

What has Ventura lied about?

I know he has crazy theories about things at times, but I would not call them lies.  I don`t think he claims his theories as anything other than theories.

I can`t give Kyle the benefit of the doubt in this case.  He made the claim that he beat up Ventura and there is no proof of it whatsoever. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
Interesting.

Do you believe that Kyle and his friend killed 30 people after Hurricane Katrina?   ???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »
Or it could be that Kyle has a penchant for telling lies.  He did say he killed 30 people in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.   :-\
Well, what he did after his service I dont know, nor apparently does amyone else.

However, ventura is a proven liar, hes exactly the kind of person that would make suxh remarks given his recent traits, and most of the people in that bar backed Kyle (except, not surprisingly, Venturas friends)... however their (bar patrons) stories were inconsistent (which, if youve ever been involved in a barfight, is exactly what happens....getting 2 people to tell the same series of events is almost impossible).

What hes done in katrina or the deal with the robbers... who knows. Cant be prove. One way or the other. However, hes been an iostanding member of the SEAL community, his war record has been proven, and most of his incredible stories have been corroborated.

Frankly id trust his word anyday over venturas, who was never even a fckin SEAL, even though he constantly claims to be/have been.

Just my. 02 cents.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
Do you believe that Kyle and his friend killed 30 people after Hurricane Katrina?   ???
No clue at all. Havent looked into it, but it doesnt look like there is a lot of evidence either way.. He did run a government/military contracting unit you know...... the kind of contractors that can get away with that kind of stuff.

But aside from that, there were plenty of people that backed his story in the bar that night. His mikitary record is also not in question.

Again, id take his word over venturas, who constantly lies about his military record.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »
No clue at all. Havent looked into it, but it doesnt look like there is a lot of evidence either way.. He did run a government/military contracting unit you know...... the kind of contractors that can get away with that kind of stuff.

But aside from that, there were plenty of people that backed his story in the bar that night. His mikitary record is also not in question.

Again, id take his word over venturas, who constantly lies about his military record.
Kyles story is unverifiable.  His book has to be believed all at face value, so I would say his military record is in some question.  We know that he was a SEAL and a sniper.  Beyond that, who knows.  He may have made a lot of it up.  Alot of what is in the book cannot be challenged or proven either way.

His Katrina story is full of shit though as is the story he told of shooting two potential car jackers in Texas.  That we do know for sure.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2014, 04:40:09 PM »

He was not a contractor during Katrina.  He was in the military at the time.

No SEALS were deployed to New Orleans.

He claims to have been set up on the SuperDome and taking out people one by one.  He is so full of shit on this.  30 people.  LOLOLOLOL

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
A 1.8 Million dollar settlement is a bit much, IMO.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
A 1.8 Million dollar settlement is a bit much, IMO.
I don`t think so.  Ventura`s lawyers originally wanted between 5 and 15 million as they found that the book made 6 million.

They awarded Ventura $500,000 for damage to his reputation and career caused by defamation. They also awarded him $1.3 million for unjust enrichment -- money they found Kyle made by exploiting Ventura's name and reputation

Its a good verdict.  Shows you can`t print nonsense, claim its true without evidence, and make money with slander.