Author Topic: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate  (Read 25751 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
I don`t think so.  Ventura`s lawyers originally wanted between 5 and 15 million as they found that the book made 6 million.

They awarded Ventura $500,000 for damage to his reputation and career caused by defamation. They also awarded him $1.3 million for unjust enrichment -- money they found Kyle made by exploiting Ventura's name and reputation

Its a good verdict.  Shows you can`t print nonsense, claim its true without evidence, and make money with slander.

You better be careful then
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2014, 05:33:44 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »
Kyles story is unverifiable.  His book has to be believed all at face value, so I would say his military record is in some question.  We know that he was a SEAL and a sniper.  Beyond that, who knows.  He may have made a lot of it up.  Alot of what is in the book cannot be challenged or proven either way.

His Katrina story is full of shit though as is the story he told of shooting two potential car jackers in Texas.  That we do know for sure.
Not at all... plenty of Marines and Seals that he worked with has substantiated a lot of his book. Trust me, if that stuff was bogus, some Marine or other military uniy would have made a huge stink about how bullshit it was. Military folks LIVE to correct each other.

His katrina story definitely seems exaggerated..
 But who knows, stranger shit has happened. Another thing you havr to remember as wrll is a lot of these giys like telling civilians stupid tall tales to get a reaction and then joke with their buddies about it later. I dont remember the katrina thing being anywhere in the book, so im noy sure about how that came up.

Either way,  theres far more of his military life substantiated than Venturas. Id still take hos word (and rhe SEALs in the bar) over Venturas any day of the week.

Ventura is a professional politician, a PROVEN liar, and a borderline fruitbat in recent years.

Again, just my .02. Others have said that ventura has made quite the ass put of himself at military events before as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
Not at all... plenty of Marines and Seals that he worked with has substantiated a lot of his book. Trust me, if that stuff was bogus, some Marine or other military uniy would have made a huge stink about how bullshit it was. Military folks LIVE to correct each other.

But who knows, stranger shit has happened. Another thing you havr to remember as wrll is a lot of these giys like telling civilians stupid tall tales to get a reaction and then joke with their buddies about it later. I dont remember the katrina thing being anywhere in the book, so im noy sure about how that came up.

Either way,  theres far more of his military life substantiated than Venturas. Id still take hos word (and rhe SEALs in the bar) over Venturas any day of the week.

Ventura is a professional politician, a PROVEN liar, and a borderline fruitbat in recent years.

Again, just my .02. Others have said that ventura has made quite the ass put of himself at military events before as well.
He told this story to Former Navy SEAL sniper Head Instructor Brandon Webb.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
He told this story to Former Navy SEAL sniper Head Instructor Brandon Webb.
Dunno man. Dont know. Did he actually say this to others or did it come from the instructors mouth?

In any case, theres no evidence either way so its kinda a moot point.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »
Dunno man. Dont know. Did he actually say this to others or did it come from the instructors mouth?

In any case, theres no evidence either way so its kinda a moot point.
Others as well, including reporters for various newspapers and magazines.

I like Chris and Ventura.  Sucks that they couldn`t be friends for whatever reason.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
The other thing is Legal experts said before the trial Ventura had to clear a high legal bar to win.  Clearly there was a lot here in Ventura`s favor.  He brought the suit so he had to go above and beyond to prove his case and he did. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
One of those ex-SEALs is Ventura’s former instructor, the widely respected Terry “Mother” Moy, owner of the bar where the incident is alleged to have occurred.

After investigating the incident, Moy and his fellow SEALs confirmed that the event never took place and that Kyle had invented it to generate publicity for his book.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2014, 04:53:34 AM »
why would anyone claim to have murdered 30 americans for stealing?

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
why would anyone claim to have murdered 30 americans for stealing?
Because he wanted very badly to have actually done that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »
This NAVY Seal Warns Jesse Ventura: You Crossed a Sacred Line, You’ll Be Faced With The Consequences
By Soopermexican

Now that passions have subsided over the initial shock of the news that Jesse Ventura won his case against the widow of “American Sniper” Chris Kyle, the long term consequences of the case can be considered soberly and rationally.

One NAVY Seal with special access to the “Naval Special Warfare” community spoke out to let Jesse Ventura know exactly what he’s done.
From Brandon Webb of SOFREP:

…Because of NSW’s celebrity, it’s even more important for SEALs to look at how they conduct themselves in the public eye and on social media. “Will what I’m about to do reflect positively on the SEAL community?” It’s a question I’ve been asking myself a lot these days, and the crux of my problem with Jesse Ventura.
…The smartest thing I’ve heard come out of Jesse’s mouth was when he was quoted after the recent verdict saying, “There are no winners in this.” In fact, Jesse is the biggest loser in the end (next to the NSW community itself). This is a career ender for him, and an irrecoverable PR nightmare. His career as he used to know it is over.
…And if Ventura was really concerned about the truth, and not the money, he should have told Taya Kyle on the courthouse steps that the $1.8M was hers to keep now that his name was cleared. But people with financial motivations don’t make this move.
My problem with Jesse is not the alleged altercation between him and Chris, it’s about what happened after. Jesse (Janos) Ventura had plenty of opportunities to take the high ground in how he handled the situation. Instead, he made a series of bad decisions, the worst of which was to drag an American Hero’s widow and family in court, as if they haven’t suffered enough with their recent loss. As the father of three amazing children myself, I can’t imagine this scenario. It’s horrific.
This is a sacred line, not to be crossed, ever Janos, and you will now have to live with the long-term consequences including a SEAL community that is polarized against your actions.

Some pretty harsh words from a competent authority on these matters. Let’s hope Ventura does the right thing and de-escalates this whole sad affair.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/164046-navy-seal-warns-jesse-ventura-crossed-sacred-line-youll-faced-consequences/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »
This NAVY Seal Warns Jesse Ventura: You Crossed a Sacred Line, You’ll Be Faced With The Consequences
By Soopermexican

Now that passions have subsided over the initial shock of the news that Jesse Ventura won his case against the widow of “American Sniper” Chris Kyle, the long term consequences of the case can be considered soberly and rationally.

One NAVY Seal with special access to the “Naval Special Warfare” community spoke out to let Jesse Ventura know exactly what he’s done.
From Brandon Webb of SOFREP:

…Because of NSW’s celebrity, it’s even more important for SEALs to look at how they conduct themselves in the public eye and on social media. “Will what I’m about to do reflect positively on the SEAL community?” It’s a question I’ve been asking myself a lot these days, and the crux of my problem with Jesse Ventura.
…The smartest thing I’ve heard come out of Jesse’s mouth was when he was quoted after the recent verdict saying, “There are no winners in this.” In fact, Jesse is the biggest loser in the end (next to the NSW community itself). This is a career ender for him, and an irrecoverable PR nightmare. His career as he used to know it is over.
…And if Ventura was really concerned about the truth, and not the money, he should have told Taya Kyle on the courthouse steps that the $1.8M was hers to keep now that his name was cleared. But people with financial motivations don’t make this move.
My problem with Jesse is not the alleged altercation between him and Chris, it’s about what happened after. Jesse (Janos) Ventura had plenty of opportunities to take the high ground in how he handled the situation. Instead, he made a series of bad decisions, the worst of which was to drag an American Hero’s widow and family in court, as if they haven’t suffered enough with their recent loss. As the father of three amazing children myself, I can’t imagine this scenario. It’s horrific.
This is a sacred line, not to be crossed, ever Janos, and you will now have to live with the long-term consequences including a SEAL community that is polarized against your actions.

Some pretty harsh words from a competent authority on these matters. Let’s hope Ventura does the right thing and de-escalates this whole sad affair.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/164046-navy-seal-warns-jesse-ventura-crossed-sacred-line-youll-faced-consequences/
::)
I`m sure Jesse is deathly afraid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
I doubt Jesse is afraid.  The poor guy has lost his mind.   :-\

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »

Either way,  theres far more of his military life substantiated than Venturas. Id still take hos word (and rhe SEALs in the bar) over Venturas any day of the week.

See, this just doesn't register as true.  I've just finished up Marcus Luttrel's 'Lone Survivor' - great read, btw.

Anyhow, he was noting that Ventura regularly gives grads of BUD/S phase one a congratulatory speech.  I'm thinking the SEAL brass just wouldn't allow it if they thought or knew Ventura was out lying about his service.

Also - just judging from the Book - Phase One is the hardest, most challenging part.  The rest is more tactical, underwater, learning their specialty like being a medic, etc.  So if Ventura go through Phase One, props to him, regardless of whether he went another direction for training.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »

See, this just doesn't register as true.  I've just finished up Marcus Luttrel's 'Lone Survivor' - great read, btw.

Anyhow, he was noting that Ventura regularly gives grads of BUD/S phase one a congratulatory speech.  I'm thinking the SEAL brass just wouldn't allow it if they thought or knew Ventura was out lying about his service.

Also - just judging from the Book - Phase One is the hardest, most challenging part.  The rest is more tactical, underwater, learning their specialty like being a medic, etc.  So if Ventura go through Phase One, props to him, regardless of whether he went another direction for training.

Chris Kyle is the one who is full of shit.  Did you see that he claimed to kill 30 American Civilians during Hurricane Katrina.  They guy adopted The Punisher Logo and thought he was the actual Punisher.  He was a likeable person, but definitely was not all there.  So far his service record has not been 100 percent verified either so there are a lot of questions of his accounts in his book.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »
Chris Kyle is the one who is full of shit.  Did you see that he claimed to kill 30 American Civilians during Hurricane Katrina.  They guy adopted The Punisher Logo and thought he was the actual Punisher.  He was a likeable person, but definitely was not all there.  So far his service record has not been 100 percent verified either so there are a lot of questions of his accounts in his book.

I don't know.  Like most others here we're just shooting the shit with limited info.  I would imagine, from what we know, both have service records to be proud of and I think if somebody was lied about, they can and should clear their name.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »

I don't know.  Like most others here we're just shooting the shit with limited info.  I would imagine, from what we know, both have service records to be proud of and I think if somebody was lied about, they can and should clear their name.

But shooting 30 American citizens during Hurricane Katrina?  Come on, tell me you really don`t believe that whopper.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2014, 06:41:02 PM »
She will come out of this rather wealthy......

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »

Your clear-headed analysis is not welcome here. ;D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »
But shooting 30 American citizens during Hurricane Katrina?  Come on, tell me you really don`t believe that whopper.

I'm skeptical, but after the Danziger Bridge incident, I can't really rule out the possibility.

James

« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2014, 06:45:31 AM »

I'm skeptical, but after the Danziger Bridge incident, I can't really rule out the possibility.

James

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:10 AM »

See, this just doesn't register as true.  I've just finished up Marcus Luttrel's 'Lone Survivor' - great read, btw.

"I don't want to formally say anything because I don't want to get sued but this about sums it up..." - Marcus Luttrel:

https://www.facebook.com/The.Official.Marcus.Luttrell.Fanpage/photos/pcb.10152351468193406/10152351466773406/?type=1

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:19 AM »
"I don't want to formally say anything because I don't want to get sued but this about sums it up..." - Marcus Luttrel:

https://www.facebook.com/The.Official.Marcus.Luttrell.Fanpage/photos/pcb.10152351468193406/10152351466773406/?type=1
That is cute and all, but he started the lawsuit while Chris Kyle was still alive.

Don`t let facts get in the way.

Hope this helps.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2014, 07:55:49 AM »
That is cute and all, but he started the lawsuit while Chris Kyle was still alive.

Don`t let facts get in the way.

Hope this helps.

Once the guy died - the right thing to do would be to drop the suit and walk away proving his point that he was going to court to clear his name but that he didn't want to bankrupt the widow to do so.

Jesse could have proven his point, saved face, been the bigger man and walked away head holding high.

Now he looks like utter dog shit to everyone.   SEAL's will never have a thing to do with him again, wont allow him at events, bars, etc in their prescence, 

He fucked himself with this

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »
Once the guy died - the right thing to do would be to drop the suit and walk away proving his point that he was going to court to clear his name but that he didn't want to bankrupt the widow to do so.

Jesse could have proven his point, saved face, been the bigger man and walked away head holding high.

Now he looks like utter dog shit to everyone.   SEAL's will never have a thing to do with him again, wont allow him at events, bars, etc in their prescence, 

He fucked himself with this

While his wife collected millions and CONTINUED to spread the lie???  Ventura did the right thing in a no-win situation.  Chris Kyle lied and his death from his own stupidty of taking a a guy with PTSD to a rifle range doesn't mean dick
A