Author Topic: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate  (Read 25829 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:34 AM »
Once the guy died - the right thing to do would be to drop the suit and walk away proving his point that he was going to court to clear his name but that he didn't want to bankrupt the widow to do so.

Jesse could have proven his point, saved face, been the bigger man and walked away head holding high.

Now he looks like utter dog shit to everyone.   SEAL's will never have a thing to do with him again, wont allow him at events, bars, etc in their prescence, 

He fucked himself with this
Bankrupt the widow?  They were directly making money off of Jesse Ventura via the phoney story.  Jesse had a very hard case to prove.  All legal experts say these type of cases are next to impossible to prove, yet Jesse was able to present more than enough evidence to win this case.  Kyle`s death didn`t change anything nor did it fix the problem at hand.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »
Bankrupt the widow?  They were directly making money off of Jesse Ventura via the phoney story.  Jesse had a very hard case to prove.  All legal experts say these type of cases are next to impossible to prove, yet Jesse was able to present more than enough evidence to win this case.  Kyle`s death didn`t change anything nor did it fix the problem at hand.  

Again - in strict legal terms - fine.  But Jesse says the most important thing to him was his standing in the SEAL community - which is now dog shit. 

And he didn't prove shit - there was testimony on both sides and the jury believed his version.  By his own statements now - he cant ever be amongst SEAL's again - so what did he prove and gain really?  nothing .

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2014, 08:37:23 AM »
Again - in strict legal terms - fine.  But Jesse says the most important thing to him was his standing in the SEAL community - which is now dog shit. 

And he didn't prove shit - there was testimony on both sides and the jury believed his version.  By his own statements now - he cant ever be amongst SEAL's again - so what did he prove and gain really?  nothing .
The onus was on Jesse to prove that they were full of shit and making money off of him and he did.  All legal opinions on this case that I have read said that Jesse had a nearly impossible task set before him and that these cases are extremely hard to prove, a high bar set legally, yet Jesse was able to bring it and prove it.

Seems like one side was certainly full of shit and one was not.  If any SEAL hates Jesse for clearing his name, then they are morons.  I don`t see how this in any way makes Jesse care less about SEALS or the military.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »
Well to be fair the judge kinda made it a bit easier when he directed the jury to only look at whether Ventura was hit financially because of what was said.

It turned out to not be the same case the legal experts were saying was so hard to prove guilt in....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:51 AM »
The onus was on Jesse to prove that they were full of shit and making money off of him and he did.  All legal opinions on this case that I have read said that Jesse had a nearly impossible task set before him and that these cases are extremely hard to prove, a high bar set legally, yet Jesse was able to bring it and prove it.

Seems like one side was certainly full of shit and one was not.  If any SEAL hates Jesse for clearing his name, then they are morons.  I don`t see how this in any way makes Jesse care less about SEALS or the military.

Because he was seeking $ for damages from the estate - not just clear his name. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »
I think Jesse would have filed Assault charges if something like that would have ever happened.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2014, 09:36:48 AM »
Has anyone actually read the book?  How much of it is devoted to Ventura?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
Has anyone actually read the book?  How much of it is devoted to Ventura?

I read it - it was a paragraph at best.  He didn't mention Ventura by name either

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »
I read it - it was a paragraph at best.  He didn't mention Ventura by name either

Seriously?  What a friggin sissy. 

Put that together with the fact the book proceeds were donated to the families of service members who were KIA and we have a candidate for douchebag of the year.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2014, 09:51:11 AM »
What do you say to the fact that Ventura was able to obtain emails which showed the publisher was using "the fight" in order to sell the book.

One email read at the deposition said publishers were discussing an online marketing campaign that included "Jesse Ventura" as a keyword -- a plan Kyle said he wasn't told about.

In another email, an executive said a planned talk show rebuttal of Ventura's denial would be "a nice little bonus hit for us." A publicist said "the so-called 'incident' has helped the book go crazy," according to emails excerpts read in the deposition

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
What do you say to the fact that Ventura was able to obtain emails which showed the publisher was using "the fight" in order to sell the book.

One email read at the deposition said publishers were discussing an online marketing campaign that included "Jesse Ventura" as a keyword -- a plan Kyle said he wasn't told about.

In another email, an executive said a planned talk show rebuttal of Ventura's denial would be "a nice little bonus hit for us." A publicist said "the so-called 'incident' has helped the book go crazy," according to emails excerpts read in the deposition

and?  That was not what was in the book itself. 

All im saying is Ventura went about "clearing his name" in the worst possible fashion imaginable 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2014, 09:54:24 AM »

All im saying is Ventura went about "clearing his name" in the worst possible fashion imaginable 
No he didn`t.

Besides, Harper Collins is footing the bill as they have an Insurance Policy for this sort of thing.

Quit acting like the widow is losing out here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »

Completely agree.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2014, 09:57:20 AM »
Completely agree.
And what would you have him do?  What is a better way to expose the lies of Chris Kyle`s "fight"?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2014, 10:03:17 AM »
And what would you have him do?  What is a better way to expose the lies of Chris Kyle`s "fight"?

Issue a press release.  Hold a press conference.  Write an op ed.  Not dignify it with a response.  Take the high road.  Plenty of ways to address it other than pursuing a lawsuit against the widow. 

One friggin paragraph in a book.   ::)

But he is a 911 Troofer, so we shouldn't expect much from him.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »
Issue a press release.  Hold a press conference.  Write an op ed.  Not dignify it with a response.  Take the high road.  Plenty of ways to address it other than pursuing a lawsuit against the widow.  

One friggin paragraph in a book.   ::)

But he is a 911 Troofer, so we shouldn't expect much from him.
Three pages.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
Three pages.

Soul Crusher said a paragraph.  But let's assume it is three pages.  He still acted like a little girl.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
Three pages.

It was a tiny part from what I remember - didn't mention ventura by name etc. 

Not condoning if kyle lied about it - just saying the way venture went about it makes him look like garbage

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »
Has anyone actually read the book?  How much of it is devoted to Ventura?
I did.

There was a paragraph about a bar fight (a couple AT MOST) and he wasnt even mentioned by name.... just that the man was speaking disgracefully of the dead and that he was a prominent figure.

I had no idea who he was talking about until the interview.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »
Three pages.
No way man.... a couple paragraphs at most detailing the circumstances and describing the man himself... there was several pages talking about the bar and the SEAL that died, but the anonymous figure himself and the fight was only a paragraph or two.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2014, 10:54:23 AM »
I did.

There was a paragraph about a bar fight (a couple AT MOST) and he wasnt even mentioned by name.... just that the man was speaking disgracefully of the dead and that he was a prominent figure.

I had no idea who he was talking about until the interview.

Thanks. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2014, 11:48:01 AM »
Three pages is what they are removing from the book so far.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »

Did you read it?  Shockwave and I did 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
Thats ludicrous... they must be removing anything to do with that bar or the SEAL that died.

Ridiculous.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »

But Kyles did mention Ventura by name while promoting the book, didn't he? 

I pretty sure I read that he talked about Ventura on a couple of radio shows. 

Opie and Anthony was one of the shows and I forget the name of the other one.