Author Topic: How my book’s cover was designed  (Read 604 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
How my book’s cover was designed
« on: June 07, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
Can someone please explain this one for me? 

This is from a white (or Jewish?) male Finnish author, he's writing to his illustrator about the cover of his book.

http://www.betterfunner.com/2012/10/how-my-books-cover-was-designed/

1. Do you know that famous Väinämöinen/Aino painting of the man chasing the woman in the lake? The cover would be a depiction of that painting, but the man is a foreigner, of maybe African or Middle Eastern descent. The idea is to take that classic painting, update it to 2011, and show what modern Finnish couples look like.

???

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: How my book’s cover was designed
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 07:03:48 PM »
Just white washing shit that was black before. It's been going on for centuries.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »
Can someone please explain this one for me? 

This is from a white (or Jewish?) male Finnish author, he's writing to his illustrator about the cover of his book.

http://www.betterfunner.com/2012/10/how-my-books-cover-was-designed/

1. Do you know that famous Väinämöinen/Aino painting of the man chasing the woman in the lake? The cover would be a depiction of that painting, but the man is a foreigner, of maybe African or Middle Eastern descent. The idea is to take that classic painting, update it to 2011, and show what modern Finnish couples look like.

???

Notice how they always want the man to be black and the woman white, but never the other way around. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »