Author Topic: Why is it always schools?  (Read 2632 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Why is it always schools?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »

...and so was the US.

So explain please the HUGE cultural differences between them?

was distrust of govt so big that the ability for its citizens to be able to take on the govt with firearms expressed in australias founding documents?

as a foreigner you have no place to speak about gun culture in the US, you have no idea how deeply it is engrained not just in everyday life like hunting, recreation and protection but also guns role in keeping govt honest.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
was distrust of govt so big that the ability for its citizens to be able to take on the govt with firearms expressed in australias founding documents?

as a foreigner you have no place to speak about gun culture in the US, you have no idea how deeply it is engrained not just in everyday life like hunting, recreation and protection but also guns role in keeping govt honest.

I speak about whatever the fuck i like.

I respect the constitution.

But claiming gun control doesnt work is a lie.
But thats irrelevant.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »

But thats irrelevant.

What do you know about the constitution?

Your posts are irrelevant because YOU DONT LIVE HERE!!! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
What do you know about the constitution?

Your posts are irrelevant because YOU DONT LIVE HERE!!! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Facts dont stop being fact based on location.

So fuck you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »

But thats irrelevant.
I didnt say you couldnt speak on it only that your opinions dont mean shit, and they dont.

plenty of countries show that gun control doesnt work...

you ask why always schools, b/c they are gun free zones...tell us all again how creating a bigger gun free zone is going to help.

fuking moron

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
What is the difference in the threat from the Weather Underground for armed insurrection during the 1960's and the threat from Ted Nugent and others for armed insurrection today?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Unfortunately, that twat is a Blacken gimmick. For whatever reason, the mods let him continue to post here.

He's autistic so probably better to just ignore him.

what are you talking about you little mama's boy homo,grow some balls and move out on your own.seems the only balls you see is when you have 333386's nuts in your mouth  :D :D :D :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »
What is the difference in the threat from the Weather Underground for armed insurrection during the 1960's and the threat from Ted Nugent and others for armed insurrection today?
ted nugent never plotted to kill ppl to my knowledge.

outside of that there are nuts on both sides of the political spectrum no doubt about it, main difference is the right wing nut jobs get called out while the left wing nut jobs get swept back under the carpet.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 05:23:51 AM »

::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 05:25:12 AM »
TANTON, Calif. –  A 72-year-old Southern California grandmother who shot at -- and narrowly missed -- a man trying to break into her home said Tuesday she was shocked at the attention her action was getting but does not regret defending herself and her husband, an 85-year-old World War II veteran who uses a wheelchair.

Jan Cooper, of Anaheim, fired one shot from her .357-magnum Smith & Wesson revolver around 12:30 a.m. Sunday as a man attempted to break into her home. During a 911 call of the incident, Cooper can be heard begging with the dispatcher to send deputies and warns that she has a gun at the ready as her Rottweiler barks furiously in the background.

Minutes later, a breathless Cooper says the man has come to the back porch and is trying to get in the house through a sliding door. Through the vertical blinds, Cooper saw his silhouette just inches away through the glass as he began to slide open the door.

"I'm firing!" Cooper shouts to the dispatcher as a loud band goes off.

Cooper then curses at the suspect, shouting at him to "back up."

"You'd better get the police here. I don't know whether I hit him or not. I'm not sure. He's standing at my door, my back door. He's in my yard," she said.

The suspect, 31-year-old Brandon Alexander Perez, was not hit and was arrested a short while later by responding deputies, who heard the gunshot, said Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Perez has pleaded not guilty to a burglary charge and has a court date later this month. The Associated Press was unable to leave an after-hours message for his attorney.

Perez had a rap sheet that included other burglary and narcotics charges and was on parole and staying at a halfway house not far from the Coopers' address, Amormino said.

Cooper's gun, which she has owned for about 20 years, was legally purchased and properly registered, he said.

"Even though that dog was barking, he still was desperate to get in. So who knows what may have happened if she didn't fire that round," Amormino said.

On Tuesday, Cooper was soft-spoken and composed, with her gray hair pulled back neatly in a hairband and her husband at her side during a news conference at a sheriff's substation.

Cooper said she is amazed by the anger in her voice -- and the curse word she let fly -- after she fired the shot.

"I am a Christian woman and I'm very proud of it and I don't curse but after I shot, rage took hold and I just blasted away," she said. "And, in fact, afterwards my husband said, `I've never heard you talk like that!"'

The stunned intruder apologized to Cooper after she fired, she recalled, telling her, "I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm leaving. Please don't shoot."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/12/grandma-72-shoots-at-intruder-misses-in-calif/#ixzz2W0IwqcRb

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 05:51:30 AM »
LAKE PLACID -- A Lake Placid man is nursing two gunshot wounds and facing armed burglary and aggravated assault charges after he was confronted by an armed store owner Wednesday night.

Deputies report that 23-year-old David Allan Curry was shot in the left foot and right thigh just after 11:15 p.m. when he allegedly pointed a gun at Jonathan T. Hawthorne, the owner of HHH Food and Beverage at 128 Crestmore Drive.

Hawthorne, acting on a call from the alarm company, had arrived at the store just before a deputy and was armed with a .40 caliber Glock handgun.

The metal grating on a front window had been pulled aside, and both Hawthorne and the deputy could hear noises inside the store. Hawthorne told the deputy he thought the burglar was trying to escape out the back, so he went around the store. The deputy then heard gunshots and saw a man flee from behind the building and across U.S. 27.

Hawthorne told deputies he confronted a man coming out the rear door of the store and yelled for him to "freeze." The man instead turned toward Hawthorne and pointed a gun, at which point Hawthorne shot twice in self defense. The suspect took off with Hawthorne, who fired another shot in the air, in pursuit.

At 12:07 a.m., deputies were notified that Curry was in the emergency room with two gunshot wounds -- one to the inside of his left foot and one to the outside of his right thigh
http://www.newssun.com/news/060913-burglary-shooting

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 05:55:37 AM »

BRUNSWICK | A homeowner who answered his doorbell at 11 p.m. Saturday night shot a masked man who lunged at him with a knife, the Glynn County police said.

The homeowner told police his doorbell rang, but he saw no one outside, Capt. Marissa Tindale said in a release.

When he doorbell rang again, he answered the door but had his handgun for safety when he stepped onto his porch, Tindale said.

A man wearing a mask approached and lunged at the homeowner who opened fire with his .45-caliber handgun, she said.

Police responding to the homeowner’s 911 call, found Anthony Don Devine, 45, near the front door with several gunshot wounds to his back and buttocks, Tindale said.

Devine was transferred to Memorial Health University Medical in Savannah, she said.

Anyone with information is asked to call investigator Latanya Shaw.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-10/story/homeowner-shoots-knife-wielding-man-porch-police-say#ixzz2W0RgZy00

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 06:10:56 AM »
Daytona man wins stand-your-ground hearing after road rage attack

DAYTONA BEACH — Marc Garcia said he just wanted to get to Orlando to see his son play in a flag football game. Instead the Daytona Beach resident became embroiled in a road rage incident, got punched and then drew his gun and fired off a shot.

Then Garcia got thrown into jail along with the man who punched him.

Garcia was cleared during a stand-your-ground immunity hearing in which Circuit Judge R. Michael Hutcheson dismissed a charge of aggravated assault with discharge of a firearm, which if convicted could have sent him to prison for 20 years.

Florida's stand-your-ground law drew international attention when George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin to death in Sanford during a confrontation. Zimmerman initially indicated he would invoke a stand-your-ground defense but later opted not to seek an immunity hearing. Zimmerman goes on trial Monday on a charge of second-degree murder.

The case highlights a key difference between Florida's stand-your-ground law, which allows people to use deadly force to defend themselves on the street, and the “castle doctrine,” which allows them to use deadly force to defend themselves in their home. Florida's stand-your-ground law says a person does not have to retreat and can use deadly force if he or she “reasonably believes” it's needed to prevent death or great bodily harm or to prevent a forcible felony.

That highlights a twist to the case. Garcia, 35, was accused of aggravated assault because police said he pointed the gun at the wife of Joseph Meeks, 33, the man who punched him.

But Garcia's defense attorneys, Douglas Williams and Carine Jarosz, said they were able to successfully argue the stand-your-ground defense even though the wife was not the one who punched Garcia.

Among the witnesses was Juan Ricardo Collins II of Merritt Island, who was in his car nearby. He said he saw Garcia's Escalade stopped at the light and then noticed a burgundy car drive up fast and slam on the brakes behind the SUV. He said a large man got out of the burgundy car, rushed toward the SUV, and started throwing punches, catching its driver by surprise.

“The first one I saw directly hit the guy, because I don't think he saw it coming at all,” Collins said.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130609/NEWS/130609888/1040?p=5&tc=pg

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 06:14:36 AM »
GA:Homeowner wins gunfight with three burglars

JONESBORO, Ga. - Police are trying to determine if the man found shot to death outside of a Clayton County home on Saturday night was the same man that broke into a neighboring home with two other men.

According to information obtained by FOX 5 News, a man arrived at his home located in the 9000 block of Sterling Ridge Lane near Jonesboro around 10:30 p.m. to find someone had forced their way inside. The homeowner, who was armed with a handgun, confronted three burglars ransacking his house.

Gunfire was exchanged between the homeowner and the burglars and ended up fleeing the home through an open window.

When police arrived, they found a man dead on the front lawn of the neighboring home. An autopsy shows the man died from a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Police also found a handgun outside the window.

The names of the deceased and any additional information on suspects have not yet been released.

The incident is still under investigation.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22542751/burglar-shot-dead-in-shootout-with-homeowner

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 06:23:08 AM »
Early Friday morning, Yuma police officers responded to a 9-1-1 call of shots fired in the 500 block of East Country Club Drive.
"After searching [officers] heard of a individual who had a gunshot wound," said Officer Joe Franklin of the Yuma Police Department.

Investigators say a resident shot a man after he allegedly attempted to break into the yard of the home.

Less than three weeks ago, Michael Sykora, 19, died after police say he broke into a house through the doggy door. The home owner shot him.

That incident left neighbors on edge... Saying they would also defend themselves against an intruder.

http://www.kyma.com/slp.php?idN=8469&cat=Local%20News

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 06:24:23 AM »
County Coroner Carolyn Green released the name of the man killed in this morning's shooting.

Brad Nance, 41, of Tupelo, was shot and killed early this morning while in the backyard of a house on Springdale Drive in Tupelo.

Police say the homeowner was acting in self defense when he shot Nance who police say the homeowner did not know or recognize.

UPDATE: 11 a.m. - Tupelo police are learning more details about the shooting that left one person dead today in the city.

Tupelo Police Capt. Rusty Haynes said the home owner was sleeping at a home that had two children in it and heard on noise on the deck. The homeowner opened a door and told the individual to leave at which point the homeowner said the other individual advanced toward the home. At that point the home owner fired a shotgun at the individual who was fatally wounded.

Police are saying the homeowner acted in self defense.

Read more: Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal - UPDATE Authorities investigating shooting that leaves one dead in Tupelo

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 06:32:33 AM »
Thailand gets it right on this issue.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
The video above is visual proof to the importance of the Second Amendment and the right to protect yourself with a firearm.

On March 11, a nursing school in Thailand was attacked in the early morning hours by 12 masked men wielding machetes. The nursing school is an all female institution for local 15- and 16-year-old girls in the Buriram Province. It is believed the motivation behind the attack was to lower moral and intimidate the all female institution.

As you can see in the video above, the group of 12 men approach the school in the bed of a pick up truck. As the female students start to flee, an administrator armed with a handgun emerges from the building sending all 12 assailants fleeing in various directions.

None of the students were hurt in the attack but three of the attackers ended up in local hospitals. Authorities were able to arrest the attackers who needed emergency care – the translation is unclear as to whether those attackers were wounded by gunfire or other means. The authorities were also able to identify the license plate of the pick up truck. An investigation is underway to detain the rest of the attackers involved, all of whom are believed to be teenagers hired by a larger organizer.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »
I didnt say you couldnt speak on it only that your opinions dont mean shit, and they dont.

plenty of countries show that gun control doesnt work...

you ask why always schools, b/c they are gun free zones...tell us all again how creating a bigger gun free zone is going to help.

fuking moron

My opinion matters a helluva lot more than someone who has never left the trailor park bitch.
I have traveled the world and seen places unlike you.
Thats means i can form an educated opinion something you will never accomplish.
Go back to sucking dick for money homo you will never get an education or a decent job anyway

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 12:51:01 AM »
Over time less guns in society, less people getting shoot.

Look at Australia for instance.

But its against the Constitution so it doesnt matter really.

You can't really use Australia as an example.  We are not overrun by gangbangers, and we are not as drugged up as Americans.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »
You can't really use Australia as an example.  We are not overrun by gangbangers, and we are not as drugged up as Americans.

Good point didnt think of that.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013, 09:33:26 AM »

But thats irrelevant.

Chicago all that needs to be said
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2013, 09:35:42 AM »

My opinion matters a helluva lot more than someone who has never left the trailor park bitch.
I have traveled the world and seen places unlike you.
Thats means i can form an educated opinion something you will never accomplish.
Go back to sucking dick for money homo you will never get an education or a decent job anyway
nice melt, this generally happens when someone faces facts they cant argue against

never lived in a trailer park not that there is anything wrong with it.

Im well educated, well employed and also well travelled including my last trip to Brazil. Where gun laws are very strict and they still have gun problems....

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »
nice melt, this generally happens when someone faces facts they cant argue against

never lived in a trailer park not that there is anything wrong with it.

Im well educated, well employed and also well travelled including my last trip to Brazil. Where gun laws are very strict and they still have gun problems....

"Gun control works" doesnt mean gun control will solve all gun problems.

It means it will reduce them so by that definition it works. So its a lie it doesnt work.

Is the benefits worth effort? Thats another debate.

It might not be worth it but then take that debate instead of repeating that NRA BS.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »

It means it will reduce them so by that definition it works. So its a lie it doesnt work.

It might not be worth it but then take that debate instead of repeating that NRA BS.

really have you looked at the areas in the US with the strictest gun control?

have you looked at countries like brazil and the gun violence rate?

you obviously have done no research what so ever on this subject and are simple spouting off liberal talking points

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »

What "gun problem" are you referring to? Do you blame the car when a drunk driver kills someone?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ